The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning Devotional For Thursday 20th December
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

THURSDAY, 20TH DECEMBER.

JOY FROM WITHIN.

Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength (Nehemiah 8:10).

Some people never laugh unless they’re listening to some jokes by a comedian. A comedian may say or do some funny things to make you laugh, but all that is transient; true joy is inside you. Having received the Holy Spirit, God expects you to generate joy and excitement from within.

Always learn to release joy from inside you. Never allow anything take away your joy. Our opening verse says, “…the joy of the LORD is your strength.” It’s not talking about the joy you get when you receive some good news or when something you’ve been expecting pulls through for you; no, it’s the joy of the Lord! That joy comes from the Holy Ghost; it comes from the Word. And you’ve got to express it, because as you do, the power is released and your challenges bow.

Every time, and in every place where the Holy Spirit manifests Himself, there’s always great joy. And where there’s joy, it’s difficult for Satan to penetrate. This is why when Satan wants to destroy a family, one of the things he does first is to destroy their joy.

Everybody becomes sad, angry, long-faced, and frustrated. Even the children return from school looking sad and gloomy. Therefore, because there’s no joy in the home, the devil can take over. So, never give him a place in your home, for whatever reason.
In the midst of trouble, in the midst of dire challenges, release joy from within. As you do, the challenges will crumble before you; the tumour will pass out of your body; the debts will be settled supernaturally! This is the reason the Bible says, “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations” (James 1:2). If you’ve lost your joy to circumstances of life, it’s time to take it back. Stir it up from within. Glory to God!

CONFESSION

I go out with joy, and I’m led forth with peace; the mountains and the hills break forth before me into singing, and all the trees of the field clap their hands. I rejoice exceedingly in the God of my salvation, irrespective of what comes my way, for His mercy endures forever. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

James 1:2-3 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3 Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan
Revelation 12 & Micah 6-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan
Revelation 16:11-21 & Zephaniah 3

#TALKINGSESSION

20TH DECEMBER.

Dear Father, I count it all joy when tests and challenges come my way. I remain joyful irrespective of contrary situations and circumstances, for I’m assured that the story has already been told, the end determined, and my testimony of victory assured in the Word.

The peace which surpasses all understanding keeps my heart and mind, in Christ Jesus. Good things are coming to me today from everywhere! I refuse to worry about anything, for the Lord has made all things mine! His joy is expressed lavishly through me today in every place. Glory to God!

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY 20TH DECEMBER 2018.

THEME: YOU CAN SUCCEED.

MEMORISE:

And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God. Deuteronomy 28:2

READ: Luke 5:1-10

1And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret,

2 And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets.

3 And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon's, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship.

4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.

5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.

6 And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

7 And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.

8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.

9 For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught of the fishes which they had taken:

10 And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men.

To succeed in life, one must know how. Many people are failing today not because they want to, but because they were not taught how to succeed. However, we thank God who has given us the Bible, where we can learn how to succeed. The problem is how many people read and study the Bible, which contains the secrets o f success? One of these secrets is found in Deuteronomy 28:2, which says:

“And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.”

In Luke 4:4, our Lord Jesus Christ also showed us that the secrets of success are hidden in god’s word. Quoting Deuteronomy 8:3, He said:

“………..It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.”

It is an exercise in futility for a fellow to seek success outside the dictates of God in His word. I am a living testimony of this truth. My success as a PhD student of mathematics was gotten from a Bible passage. An equation that would have made it impossible for me to solve the problem in my thesis was solved with the aid of a passage of scripture. If God’s word can be applied in such scenario, it is grievous for a pastor to attempt using human gimmicks in order to succeed. The secrets of Church growth and growth in other endeavor of life are in the Bible; if only we care to read, study, meditate and act on it. A good example of success through diligent listening and acting on God’s instruction is found in today’s Bible reading. Peter and his colleagues toiled throughout the night, using all their expertise in fishing to no avail. As they were washing their nets and mending them for another night of struggle, Jesus came into the scene. After allowing Him to use their boat, the “Rewarder of those who diligently serve Him”said to Simon Peter in Luke 5:4b:

“ Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.”

Take note of the words of this instruction. The Lord said to Peter that they should let down their nets not just for some fishes but for a draught, meaning a great catch. Our Lord is not a gambler: He gives precise instructions because He is the Almighty who make the impossible possible and brings success out of failure. He knew what He was saying when He told Peter to let down his “nets” and not “net”. Beloved, you will succeed if only you listen to what God is telling you to do about that business, project or career. The Lord will teach your hands to war, and you will not be a victim but a success in Jesus’ Name (Psalm 144:1-2).

PRAYER POINT:

Father, the listening ear, the receptive heart and the grace to do according to your word, give them to me today, and cause me to succeed in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Amos 7-9

John 14:15-31

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 4: TRUST AND OBEY.

1. When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

o Refrain:
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

2. Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.

3. Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.

4. But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.

5. Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY

THURSDAY,"DECEMBER 20, 2018

SCRIPTURE": And I will bless them that bless thee,"and curse him that curseth thee": and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. Genesis 12:2-3

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Whenever a Word is revealed to you from Scriptures,"it shifts your level in the Blessing.

The Blessing of God is one the greatest assets of man on earth. It was the Blessing that God gave to man as a deposit and investment at creation for the sustenance of man until the fall of man and the arrival of the curse. It is also important to know that the Blessing of God is a difference maker.

The difference between Abraham and the negative circumstances and events of his family was the Blessing. The Blessing makes a person’s case different. The Blessing is a destiny opener. The Blessing of God has the capacity to locate a person and open up his destiny.

Abraham was at a loss in his father’s house; his life and destiny were locked up until he had an encounter with God and his life was opened up by the Blessing.

Now, it is very important to know that one channel of the Blessing is the Word of God. The Bible says, blessed is the man whose delight is in the Law of the Lord… (Psalms 1":1-3). Other people pursue the Blessing but the Blessing pursues the people of the Word. Whenever a Word is revealed to you from Scriptures,"it shifts your level in the Blessing.
Beloved, my counsel is, let your life be anchored on the Word of God and no devil can contest your Blessing.

REMEMBER THIS": Whenever a Word is revealed to you from Scriptures,"it shifts your level in the Blessing.

ASSIGNMENTS":

1. Let the Word of God be your guide daily.

2. Ask God for an encounter that will produce the Blessing on your life.

PRAYER:

O Lord,"I ask for the release of Your Blessing on my life. Let Your Blessing swallow every curse in my life, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE": THE BLESSING - CONTENT AND CHANNELS

QUOTE:

To look up to man is to limit your destiny. To look up to man is to provoke the jealousy of God. Culled
from 21 UNCOMMON KEYS TO FINANCIAL OVERFLOW by Dr Paul Enenche

DAILY READING:
2 Chronicles 1:1 to 3:17,"Romans 6":1 to 23,"Psalm 16":1 to 11,"Proverbs 19":20 to 21.

AMAZING FACT: The spine is so flexible it can bend far enough to form two thirds of a circle.
TODAY IN HISTORY: 20/12/2007 – Elizabeth II becomes the oldest monarch of the United Kingdom, surpassing Queen Victoria, who lived for 81 years, 7 months and 29 days.
TODAY IS THURSDAY DECEMBER 2018 DAY 20 of ODM devotional booklet for the Champions.

Topic:INTERNET SUICIDES! HOLD ON TO God!
( GENESIS 21:1-8).

A report from the London Times recently said that the internet now has “death sites ”which teach people how to commit suicides and sadly enough, thousands are visiting these sites daily. THE CHICAGO SONG GROUP reports that unemployment, drugs, divorce, alcohol or stagnation in career has been largely responsible for suicides. The report said 75% of suicides are by men, while 80% of those that commit suicide are men aged 15-24. 

The saddest of all it that these death(suicide) websites give plenty of advice on how to be talked out of it. Some sites even encourage the potential suicide victim to follow through with his/ her plans rather than change their minds! Unbelievable, but don’t forget that satan’s end time purpose is to steal, to kill and to destroy. Satan is in a hurry to send people to hell! Is that not why the end times are rough? Don’t be his victim through discouragement! 

God is speaking to you concerning not giving up your trust in Him. Refuse to wish you were dead! Refuse to think that God is slow! Life is like a butterfly. When you are holding it loosely, it flies away and when you garb it too hard, it would die. Refuse anxiety! Obstacles are the raw materials for miracles! After 25 years, today’s scripture (Vs. 1( says: “And the Lord visited Sarah as He has said……” Vs 2 talks of the set time! God will visit you at the set time.

Bind discouragement! Uproot depression! It is not over till it’s over and it’s not over till God says it’s over. Peace! 

THE 2019 JANUARY 21-DAY FASTING PRAYERS: FROM STORY TO GLORY! GET YOUR ODM NOW! 

The 2019 ODM and “War Against Haman -14” booklets are out! Give to FAMILY/ FRIENDS this month as Christmas/ New Year gift items! The “War Against Haman -14” booklet contains the 2019 January 21-day fasting prayers! Your STORY to GLORY secrets are hidden there! CHILDREN’S ODM and NEW ODM CARTOON are also available in your national bookshops!

PRAYER POINTS: Take any song of worship as led.

1. Worship God and pray the morning and evening devotional prayers today and daily. Cancel a road accident today! 

2. Return to sender, death, discouragement and bad news. Uproot the operation of marine and Jezebel powers.

3. Ask for the grace to hold on! Bind the operation of witchcraft and Jezebel powers of death/ suicide now. You shall not die but live to declare the great works of your God. Pray about today as led now.

BY BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)
PUBLISHER/WRITER OF ODM AND

REV (MRS) FLORA E. KWAKPOVWE (FEK) 
CO-PUBLISHER/WRITER OF ODM...
THE LIVING WATER

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Thursday, December 20, 2018

TOPIC: BENEFITS OF WISDOM (1)
Read: Proverbs 3:13-18

MEMORISE: Happy is the man who finds wisdom, And the man who gains understand (Proverbs 3:13).

EXPOSITION

Human wisdom is Lord’s eyes. The truth is God’s “foolishness” is wiser than man’s understanding. (See 1 Cor. 1:25) while it may seem risky to set aside our own reasoning to seek after the lord’s, the benefits of walking in His wisdom are great. The first blessing is greater knowledge of God. The lord is personally involved in every facet of our lives. The better we know His character, the more we will understand His viewpoints, recognise where He is working, and be able to respond properly to life’s circumstances.

A second way we profit is by receiving clear guidance. God sees everything-His perspective is eternal, and every decision of His, is right. He knows exactly what is needed to accomplish His will in our life, and what it will take to resolve problems in a godly way, making us more like Christ.

A third benefit is divine protection. As proverbs 28:26 tells us, He who trust in his own heart is a fool, but whoever walks wisely will be delivered. We are not to reply upon our emotions, which are easily influenced by ungodliness. Nor can we trust the world’s opinions. Wisdom’s protection comes when we have a discerning spirit- one that is sensitive to the lord’s purpose and will. With it, we gain insight into the unseen and the unspoken because nothing is hidden from the Spirit of God.
As you go out today, knowing God, clear guidance, divine protection-human wisdom, cannot provide any of these. They come only from the heavenly father, and He offers them freely to all who believe. Ask for yours today.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord, fill me with your wisdom in my walk with you.

2. Holy Spirit, help me to trust and walk in your counsel rest always.

3. Pray that God should grant students and apprentices among us the wisdom and retentive memory to succeed in their studies

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Jonah 4 & Micah 1 -4
Author: CAC WORLDWIDE
Remain Blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM