The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning Devotional For Wednesday 17th October
Rhapsody Of Realities

SPEAK SPIRITUAL LANGUAGE

Wednesday, October 17th

And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ (1 Corinthians 3:1).

The Apostle Paul had an experience with the Christians at Corinth; he wasn’t able to communicate with them in spiritual language. Therefore, in our opening verse, he reprimanded them for being carnal.

On another occasion, he said to the Christians in Rome, “I’m having to communicate with you at your level, because you’re yet to come to a higher level of maturity.” He said, “I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh…” (Romans 6:19).

It reminds of the experience Jesus also had with His disciples. John 11 tells us that Lazarus had fallen sick and died. When Jesus was informed, He said to His disciples, “…Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep” (John 11:11).
His disciples, not understanding His spiritual language, replied, “Lord, if he is asleep, he will get better.” Jesus had to tell them plainly, “…Lazarus is dead” (John 11:14). He had to speak to them in a language they could understand.

Have you ever found yourself in situations where you had difficulty expressing God’s truth to carnal men? For example, you couldn’t say, “I have a headache,” even though you felt a headache. The carnal man, on the other hand, sees nothing wrong communicating at such a low level, failing to realise that as Christians, we don’t walk by our feelings, but by the Word.

You ought not to talk sickness, even when you feel the symptoms of sickness in your body. Use the Word against any pain or anomaly in your body; command it to cease, and it’ll pass out of your body. Hebrews 13:5-6 says, “…for he (God) hath said…that we may boldly say….” You’re only supposed to say what you have, that God gave to you. Don’t affirm or accept anything that’s from the devil. Talk spiritual. Speak the Word only, and always.

CONFESSION
I’m what God says I am. God’s Word is my life; therefore, I live out the Word. My life is the testimony of God’s grace and infinite blessings. The Word of God is in my heart and in my mouth, and as I speak it forth, circumstances align with God’s perfect will for my life, in Jesus’ Name.

FURTHER STUDY:
Matthew 12:36-37 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Hebrews 13:5-6 [Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Proverbs 18:21 Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan
2 Thessalonians 2:1-17 & Jeremiah 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan
Hebrews 8:1-13 & Ezekiel 14-15

#AFFIRMATIONTRAIN

17TH OCTOBER.

I affirm that I am alive to God, spirit, soul, and body. Christ is in me; therefore, I am loaded with limitless potentials and possibilities. Christ is my ability, my competence, and my all; I can do all things in His Name. Nothing is impossible to me, because greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.

Hallelujah! All things are mine! I lack nothing because the Lord is my sufficiency; He makes me lie down in green pasture; He leads me beside the still waters! His divine power has given me all things that pertain to life and godliness. I am not ordinary. I am a citizen of Zion, Jerusalem which is above. The Spirit of God is at work in me mightily, causing me to be more effective in my works of righteousness! I am a tree of righteousness, producing other trees of righteousness.

I am the reflection and reflector of God’s glory, grace, love, truth, and righteousness. I am empowered to do things beyond the ordinary, and I am accomplishing great feats by the Spirit, and through the power of God’s Word, to the glory of His Name. Hallelujah. Daily, I speak faith-filled words, knowing that my words are filled with divine energy and power to transform my life and chart my course in victory. Glory to God. Hallelujah!

SPEAK IN OTHER TONGUES NOW

• Be bold to say the same things that God has said concerning you in His Word. That is what takes you beyond salvation, to enjoy the benefits of salvation ~ Pastor Chris Oyakhilome.

God bless you.
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
SEEDS OF DESTINY

DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY DR. PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

WEDNESDAY 17TH OCTOBER, 2018

TOPIC: SEPARATION FROM THE CROWD

SCRIPTURE: Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 2 Corinthians 6:17.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Conformity is the foundation for uniformity of calamity; to flow with the crowd is to be lost in the crowd.

Sometime ago, I heard the story of a high ranking Christian officer in the Nigerian army. One day, other officers were organizing a party and this high-ranking Christian Officer was invited to be part of it. In the course of the preparation, this Christian officer asked his fellow officers if alcohol would be served in the party and the other officers answered in the affirmative. Then he said, “If alcohol would be served, then I won’t be involved and my money would not be part of it.” Then after some deliberations, they said, “What is the use of even serving alcohol in the first place? We will not serve alcohol in the party. There is no need.’ They told the Christian officer. So, the Christian officer responded, ‘In that case, I will attend the party.’

The lesson from this story is: only one man changed the order of a major event because of solidity of Godly character. You too can change the sinful opinion or attitude of an overwhelming majority with your Godly character if you refuse to join them or compromise.

Beloved, your separation from the crowd guarantees your safety in life. Conformity is the foundation for uniformity of calamity; if you conform to the world, the same calamity that confronts the world will befall you. To flow with the crowd is to be lost in the crowd. That shall not be your portion in Jesus’ Name.

To be the best, you must be yourself. The desire to be like somebody is the reason for so many nobodies. You cannot make a difference in your generation until you are clearly different.

My counsel is, make up your mind to be different from other people.

REMEMBER THIS: Conformity is the foundation for uniformity of calamity; to flow with the crowd is to be lost in the crowd.

ASSIGNMENTS:
1. Avoid the wrong company.
2. Determine to be clearly different for God wherever you find yourself.

PRAYER: O Lord, I ask for mercy in any area I might have conformed to the world. I receive the grace to standout for Christ even in the midst of confrontations and contradictions Lord, in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: HINDRANCES TO A PURPOSEFUL LIFE

QUOTE: The voice of the person you listen to determines how you will end. To camp with the rest, is to end like the rest. Culled from 10 PRINCIPAL SECRETS OF PRINCIPAL PEOPLE by Dr Paul Enenche

DAILY READING: Jeremiah 30:1 to 31:26, 1 Timothy 2:1 to 15, Psalm 87:1 to 7, Proverbs 25:18 to 19

AMAZING FACT: Lizards are born dumb and remain like that till they die.

TODAY IN HISTORY: 17/10/1904, Bank of Italy (Bank of America) opened its doors
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: WEDNESDAY 17TH OCTOBER 2018

THEME: READY-MADE PROVISION OR TRAP.

MEMORISE:

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverb 14:12

READ: Proverbs 7:6-23

6 For at the window of my house I looked through my casement,

7 And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding,

8 Passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way to her house,

9 In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night:

10 And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.

11 (She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house:

12 Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.)

13 So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him,

14 I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows.

15 Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.

16 I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt.

17 I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.

18 Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.

19 For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey:

20 He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed.

21 With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.

22 He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks;

23 Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.

In these perilous times, life is so full of struggles and hard labor that do not always result in success. All around the world, people invest precious time and money into obtaining high school and college education, only to graduate and discover that jobs are nonexistent. In some cases, people invest years into specialized training in various crafts and trades, only to graduate and begin to source for financial backing and start-up capital without success. There are some who manage to gain employment with private companies or who succeed in starting small scale businesses, but some years down the line, they find themselves back in the labor market due to harsh economic realities. These hardships have made the availability of ready-made provision very attractive to the average person, especially in developing countries like we have in Africa. The dire economic situation in different parts of the world has led some Christians to wrongly assume that every opportunity that comes their way is God’s providence, not realizing their error until contrary events begin to happen to them in the process of exploiting this “opportunities”. I pray that no matter the prevailing conditions in your community, the Lord will divinely open doors of genuine opportunities to you in Jesus’ Name.

In Africa and several developing countries, the difficult political and economic situation coupled with security challenges have led a lot of people, especially youths, into traps that initially appeared like ready-made provision. These traps could come in form of employment with very attractive pay packages, “juicy” marriage offers, ‘fantastic’ business opportunities or even invitation to travel abroad. Hidden behind these seemingly great offers are vices like prostitution, drug trafficking, criminal syndicates, fraud, occultism and the like. For example, many young people have honored invitations to travel abroad only to get trapped in sex trafficking or being used as drug couriers. Some people have entered neck deep into what they thought was an ordinary business relationship, only for them to later discover that they have been initiated into powerful cult groups. Many vulnerable youths are enticed into armed gangs which eventually result in untimely death for so many. As seen in today’s Bible reading, you must recognize that the devil’s ready-made provisions are nothing but deadly traps. God has assured you that He will provide for all your needs and settle all your problems (Hebrews 13:5, 1 Peter 5:7). Therefore, beware of the devil’s trap!

PRAYER POINT:

Father, preserve me from ever failing into the trap of false opportunities, in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 3-4

Luke 7:36-8:3

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 5: I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS

1. I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

2. The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;

3. Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though- none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;

4. My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;

5. Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM