The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Thursday 16th July
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 

THURSDAY 16TH JULY.

RECKON YOURSELF ALIVE IN HIM

For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:10-11).

The word “reckon” in the scripture above is “logizomai” in Greek. It’s an accounting term. It means to count or record something to be so; to record or number with the sum. For instance, Mark 15:28 says Jesus was “numbered” (reckoned) with the transgressors. Jesus wasn’t a transgressor, yet He died between two thieves. He was numbered with the transgressors.

Now, the Bible says, “Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life” (Romans 6:4). 

When Jesus died, we died in and with Him, because He died in our place. He was on the Cross on behalf of everybody that ever came to this world and that’ll ever come to this world.

That’s what our theme verse is talking about when it says, “...Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Therefore, you can now declare, “I’m dead to sin, and I’m alive to God!” This should be your constant confession of the Word. 

You may not feel like you’re close to God, but the question is, are you born again? If yes, then take it to account, reckon that all that Jesus did was for you.

Instead of saying, “I’m so weak; I’m not able to resist temptation like some other Christians,” reckon or consider yourself to be dead to sin! Don’t think, talk or act like someone who’s struggling with sin. Change your way of thinking and accept what Jesus did in your behalf. This consciousness will empower you to live right!

Use your mind! Reckon yourself to be dead to sin. Let it be your present-hour mentality. That’s the practical way to be in sync with how God sees you and how He thinks about you. You were in Christ when He died, you were in Him when He was buried, and you were in Him when He was raised from the dead. He sees you alive in Him now. Praise God.

CONFESSION

I’m alive to God, and I belong in the Kingdom of His dear Son where I reign and rule by the power of the Spirit! I walk in the finished works of Christ, being the direct beneficiary of His vicarious sacrifice. I’m strong, because He’s strong! And I live because He lives! Blessed be God!

FURTHER STUDY

Ephesians 2:1; Romans 6:4; Romans 6:10-11 NIV

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Acts 24:1-27 & Psalms 1-6

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Galatians 4:21-31 & Isaiah 36

#TALKINGSESSION 

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for the impact of Your divine life in my spirit, soul, and body. 

This divine life surges through my being, destroying and repelling sickness, disease, infirmity, death, poverty, and everything inconsistent with the provisions of the Gospel of Christ. 

I am invincible, indestructible, and impregnable. Thank You for the outworking of Your grace in my life, which causes me to grow and manifest the beauty, character, and blessings of Your Spirit. 

I recognize Your superabundant grace on my life, resulting in favours, promotions, increase, advantage, and innumerable blessings. 

I live by the power of the Spirit that raised Christ from the dead. That power revives and vitalizes my physical body and produces life in me. 

I am a life-giver, having been born after Christ, who is the life-giving Spirit. Hallelujah! I declare that no weapon formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment, I condemn! 

I have God’s mighty protection over my life, family, and loved ones. I live in Christ, far above the evil and darkness in the world, in Jesus' Name. Amen!

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY 16TH JULY 2020.

THEME: JUST A LITTLE SIN.

MEMORISE:

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

READ: James 2:10-13

10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

The temptation to commit just one little sin is a trap that the devil uses to get many Christians. He tells them that they have been faithful all through and it wouldn’t hurt if they just indulge in this little sin; after all, many other people are doing far worse. Beloved, don’t fall into this trap of the enemy. The Bible says in Galatians 5:8-9 that: 
“ This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you. A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.”

James 2:10 says:
“For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.”

This is why Jesus said that if your entire body is holy except your eye, then you should pluck it out, because that little eye can bring trouble to the whole body (Matthew 5:29). It would be very sad for you to have done and avoid all you should as a Christian, only to go to hell because of “one little sin.” There is no little sin in the eye of God. Sin is sin and any soul that sins shall die (Ezekiel 18:20).

The good news is that grace is available to overcome even the greatest of temptations; all we have to do is go to God and ask for help. Hebrews 4:15-16 tells us:
“For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.”
One seemingly little sin would always lead to another and the web would continue till you are fully entangled in the devil’s trap. 1 John 3:8 says:
“ He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning….”

That seemingly little sin can send you to hell. Submit completely to God, resist the devil and he will flee! (James 4:7).

PRAYER POINT:

Father, help me to access Your grace to overcome any temptation that the devil brings my way, in the mighty name of Jesus.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Isaiah 18-22.

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN : PASS ME NOT, O GENTLE SAVIOR.

1. Pass me not, O gentle Savior,
Hear my humble cry;
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.
o Refrain:
Savior, Savior,
Hear my humble cry,
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.

2. Let me at Thy throne of mercy
Find a sweet relief;
Kneeling there in deep contrition,
Help my unbelief.

3. Trusting only in Thy merit,
Would I seek Thy face;
Heal my wounded, broken spirit,
Save me by Thy grace.

4. Thou the spring of all my comfort,
More than life to me,
Whom have I on earth beside Thee,
Whom in Heav’n but Thee.
*RESTORATION TODAY* 

*THURDAY, JULY 16, 2020.* 

*TOPIC: THE WATER OF LIFE* 

_“But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.” John 4:14._ 

*MESSAGE* 

Sometimes we end up looking for love in the wrong places. That was true of the woman Jesus met at a well in Samaria. She had tried religion but it didn't satisfy her. She told Jesus, 'Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.' (John 4:20). So she knew something about her religion but it didn't satisfy the longings of her heart.

We can learn about theology, read the Bible and hear wisdom from other Christians, but if we're not letting that knowledge move us and draw us closer to God then it won't satisfy us. 

She had also tried human relationships and they failed her. Jesus told her, 'thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband' (v. 18). The relationship we need most is with Jesus. She then tried Jesus and He satisfied her soul. When Jesus told her, 'whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water...' (vv. 14-15). 

Religion without a personal relationship with God will leave us unsatisfied and unfulfilled. Religion without a relationship with Christ is not what God wants for us. If we're feeling hurt, disappointed or disillusioned with life and the church, our souls can find satisfaction in a relationship with Jesus. In Psalm 42 it says: 'My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God' (v.2). When our souls thirst for God, He promises to provide. 

*ACTION POINT* ?️ Ask God to help you draw close to Him for satisfaction instead.

*SCRIPTURES* 
Psalm 42; John 4:1-42

*PRAYER POINTS* 
1. Father, thank You for providing the water of life for me;

2. Lord, help me to draw closer to You even more in the name of Jesus;

3. Father, give me the grace to be diligent in evangelism in the name of Jesus.

*THE BIBLE OF THE YEAR* 
Judg. 9-10:1-5, Isa. 30, 1 Cor. 9:1-23.
Seads Of Destiny

A Daily Devotional Guide

By: Dr Pastor Paul Enenche

Thursday 16th July 2020

TOPIC: THE MANIFESTATION OF A DIVIDED HEART

SCRIPTURE: And Elijah came unto all the people,"and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the Lord be God, follow him": but if Baal,"then follow him. And the people answered him not a word. 1 Kings 18":21

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: You are not a dedicated child of God if you cannot choose God above anything or anyone else.

Yesterday,"we saw that one way to be dedicated to God is pursuing Him wholeheartedly. Dedication to God implies pursuing God with a united heart and not a divided heart. It is having only one purpose and focus in following God.

However, there are many people whose hearts are divided in their attempt to pursue God. There are people whose hearts are divided in what they want out of life.

Let me give you some examples": I heard that in some places,"if there is a football match, for example, the Super Eagles of Nigeria playing a match against the national football team of Argentina or a club like Arsenal playing against Chelsea and the time of the match clashes with church service time, some people would go to watch the match instead of going to church. 

I also heard that in some places, television would even be brought to the church so that the people can watch the match if the match time is clashing with church service time. This is an error! This is a manifestation of a divided heart.

For other people, it is a particular movie they cannot sacrifice for church service. They must have watched up to twelve parts or episodes of the movie and the time to watch the thirteenth episode is clashing with church service time; they would sacrifice church service for the movie. 

That is not correct! It is an indication of a divided heart.
Beloved, do not do yourself such injustice. You are not a dedicated child of God if you cannot choose God above anything or anyone else. 

You are not a dedicated child of God if you cannot sacrifice even what you love for the sake of your relationship with God. If you have done anything before this time at the expense of your relationship with God, repent today. Make up your mind not to do that again, and choose God above everything and everyone else in life.

Remember this": You are not a dedicated child of God if you cannot choose God above anything or anyone else.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Assess your life to see if there is anything you cannot sacrifice for God.
2. Ask God to give you the grace to place Him above anything or anyone in life.
3. Make up your mind not to divide your heart between God and any other thing in life.

PRAYER: O Lord,"I confess today and repent from any habit of placing anything or anyone above You. Give me the grace to love You above all things, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE": DEDICATION TO GOD (PART 2).

QUOTE: whenever the enemy wants to scatter a man's destiny,"he first divides his focus. Whenever the devil wants to destroy a person's life, he gives him many things to pursue at the same time. Culled from “21 FOOLISH THINGS PEOPLE DO” by Dr Paul Enenche.

DAILY READING": Isaiah 4-6

AMAZING FACT: A research conducted to show the benefits of being a Christian showed this result: believers recover from breast cancer faster than non-believers,"attending church or praying boosts the immune system, believers are less stressed, less likely to commit suicide, report higher levels of self-esteem, and report being happier in general.

PROPHETIC WORD/DECLARATION":
Receive the grace and discipline for a completely dedicated life in Jesus’ Name.
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL

A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS
DATE: THURSDAY 16TH JULY, 2020

TOPIC: THIS IS MY BETHESDA SEASON!

BASIC SCRIPTURE: JOHN 5:1-16

It was a battle between the multitude and one person! It was a day the MAKER of the RULE chose to CHANGE THE RULE for the sake of one man. Was it not the LORD who made the rule of the Sabbath? 

It was a season the Lord CHOSE to be PARTIAL! Yes! Partial in the sense that He passed the multitude and looked at the direction of just one man. It was a day the nation had to wait for this man to get his miracle. 

It was a day JUDGMENT was suspended for MERCY to reign. Ah! That BETHESDA DAY was a day, when it was “loudly proclaimed” by the angel that troubled the water: “It is not of him that runneth or willeth, but God that sheweth mercy” (Romans 9:16).

It was a day God chose to be THE PARTIAL REFEREE in the game of life! He is sending me to announce to you that your BETHESDA SEASON has just started! All you have lost in your “38 years” shall be restored! 

The BETHESDA SEASON is a season when MIGHT loses the game to GRACE! Did the pool not have 5 porches? 5 represent GRACE in the Word! GRACE shall be your new name from this day and this season! Fear not! 

All you lost in your wilderness years will be RESTORED 5-FOLD after the order of grace! The BETHESDA season is a season when you OVERTAKE your superior because Jehovah lifts you up as an EAGLE to fly over the multitude! Ah! I see your lost glory coming back! Those who mocked you will see your making!

Yes! Many who told this man SORRY, began to suddenly CONGRATULATE HIM. Your BETHESDA season is a season where SORRY leads to SINGING and SECRET GOSSIP leads to PUBLIC CONGRATULATIONS! It is a season where PITY becomes your PARTY TIME and “DELAY street” leads to “DANCING AVENUE.” 

Shout 7 Hallelujahs and begin to learn your new DANCE in Jesus name! Oh! Lift up your hands now and begin to worship the LORD AS YOU PRAISE HIM for your new BETHESDA SEASON in this 14-day fasting programme and beyond! Amen! 

(Connect your prayers to your, “SEED FOR THE INCREDIBLE”. Sow into the account below and SMS the contact included below for your “PRAYER PSALM FOR THE INCREDIBLE”). You will dance!

Sow your SEED for THE INCREDIBLE as led into:
Guaranteed Trust Bank (GTB): 0536832754.
ACC NAME: MANNA OUR
What'sAPP or SMS +2347040382800, for your "PRAYER PSALM FOR THE INCREDIBLE". Directly from your prophet.

Today is Day 5 of the 14-day fasting programme.
PRAYER POINTS: Take your best song of praise as led.

1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led now.
2. Lord, thanks for my BETHESDA SEASON! Thank you LORD for suspending the rules for my sake.
3. Thank you LORD for lifting me to OVERTAKE.
4. Thank you LORD for RESTORING my wasted years.
5. Thank you LORD for turning my SORRY to SINGING.
6. Pray about today now! Still pray about any issue(s) affecting your peace and GIVE HIM PRAISE. Shout 7 Hallelujahs and begin to learn your new “BETHESDA DANCE STEPS” BECAUSE YOU WILL SOON DANCE in Jesus name.

THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: PROVERBS 4-7
BY: BISHOP DR. CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)
PUBLISHER/WRITER
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE.*

*Thursday, July 16, 2020.*

*HINDERED BY SATAN.*

*Read 1 Thessalonians 2:17-18.*

17. But we, brethren, being taken from you for a short time in presence, not in heart, endeavoured the more abundantly to see your face with great desire.
18. Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us

*MEMORISE: But we, brethren, having been taken away from you for a short time in presence, not in heart, endeavored more eagerly to see your face with great desire.

Therefore we wanted to come to you - even I, Paul, time and again - but Satan hindered us (1 Thessalonians 2:17-18)*

*EXPOSITION*

Today is the World Snake Day. The snake/serpent stands for Satan in the Bible. When Paul said in 1 Thessalonians 2:18 that "Satan hindered" him from meeting up personally with the Christians in Thessalonica, what did he mean?

It is likely the hindrances could be related to episodes in Acts 17, where Paul, Silas and Timothy were persecuted by the Jews for preaching the Gospel to the Gentiles in Thessalonica and then in Berea. 

These hindrances could also refer to other persecutions that Paul encountered in his missionary journeys. Whichever the case, it is clear that Satan was allowed by the Almighty to mess with the plans of His saints. Nevertheless, Paul's response to such hindrances was not one of despair, or anger towards God. 

Instead, he assessed the situation and sent one of his most abled team player (Timothy) to discover what was going on in the faith of the Christians in Thessalonica. The result: Paul himself was highly encouraged by Timothy's reports (cf. 1 Thess. 3:6-7). So, despite Satan's hindrances, God is still winning victories along the path of His will.

How should we respond when we suffer persecution? Should we lose faith, thinking that such hindrances shouldn't happen in the first place? Or should we persevere to please God? 

Besides Paul, Job is a case in point. Perhaps, the most admirable thing about Job is the faith he carried with him, even in the direst of circumstances. 

A faith which allowed him to be immersed in a deep and humbling conversation with the Almighty in the midst of his pains. Job must have cherished such an intimate conversation with the Lord more than what was restored in his fortunes, family and status.

A lot to learn about the mysterious ways of God. A lot to learn from saints of the past. No less, we can be encouraged this day as 1 Thessalonians offered the great certainty that even as God's ways are not our ways, those who are steadfast in Him will not be disappointed (cf. 1 Thess. 4:13-17). Let us therefore continue to persevere, rejoice, and encourage one another!

*PRAYER POINTS:*

1. God of mysterious ways, help us, in the midst of hindrances and turbulences.
2. May Your will be done so that we can be found faithful to carry on that intimate relationship with You.
3. O Lord, cause every obstacles to the spread of the gospel to be subdued by the power of the gospel.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Nehemiah 8 - 9; Hebrews 5 - 6*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM