The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES, 

FRIDAY 20TH AUGUST 2021. 

Pastor Chris

TOPIC: A PERFECT HEART AND A WILLING MIND

And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts… (1 Chronicles 28:9).

Whatever you do for the Lord, the heart from where it comes, and the attitude with which you carry it out, matters. God searches all hearts, and understands all the thoughts and goings-on of our minds. So, He seeks a perfect heart and a willing mind. He said in 2 Corinthians 8:12, “For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted….”

Remember what the Bible says of Amaziah the king; he did what was right in the sight of God but not with a perfect heart (2 Chronicles 25:2). But how’s your heart going to be right with God? How’s your mind going to be willing? It’s through the Word. A heart that’s perfect and willing is one that’s yielded to the Word; sanctified, renewed and under the sway of the Spirit through the Word.

The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 4:6, “For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts…. How did He do it? It’s through the Word! His Word illumines our hearts to know His will.

Then it says in Romans 12:2, “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”*_ You wouldn’t know God’s mind; His thoughts and opinions, His perfect will concerning anything if you don’t know His Word.

That’s the reason you must study and know the Scriptures for yourself. Jesus said, “...Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures…” (Matthew 22:29). If you want to serve God rightly, then get to know the Word. It’s about the Scriptures getting into your spirit and culturing your mind. Give more attention to studying the Scriptures for the wisdom and insight of the Spirit, by which He gives you guidance on how to serve God truly, with a pure heart, and a willing mind.

CONFESSION

I have a heart that loves the Lord, to serve Him truly, and to please Him always. And by the Word, my attitude to God and to service in His Kingdom is inspired by, and reflects His love. Always, and in all circumstances, the mind of God is revealed to me through the Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

1 Samuel 16:7
But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for [the LORD seeth] not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Proverbs 23:26
My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
1 Corinthians 5 & Psalms 117-118

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Luke 17:31-37 & 1 Samuel 5-6

#TALKINGSESSION 

Thank You Lord for the gift of righteousness bestowed upon me. Now, I have Your righteousness, which causes me to be always right, manifesting Your goodness, nature, grace, and kindness, to my world, seeing things from Your perspective. 

I ’m the manifestation and expression of Your righteousness; the proof of Your equity, glory and grace! I’m excited about my new life in Christ: a life of dominion, love, excellence and power through righteousness. Hallelujah!

I’m anointed with the Holy Spirit and with power! I’m superior to Satan and his demons, with the authority to execute judgment against them. I dominate and triumph over circumstances today and always, because the greater One lives in me! 

The ability of God is at work in me; I’m sufficient in His sufficiency. I make great and glorious things happen in my life, in God’s kingdom, and in the lives of others, to the glory of Jesus Christ.

I’m alive to God, fruitful and productive by the power of the Holy Spirit! Hallelujah! I am so grateful for the power of Your perfect Word and the ministry of the Holy Spirit in my life. 

I thank You for enlightening my spirit to know and apprehend all that You’ve made available to me in Christ. I am walking in the reality of my inheritance in Christ, conscious that I’ve overcome the world and its systems, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: FRIDAY 20TH AUGUST 2021

THEME: JESUS THE PEACEMAKER

MEMORISE:

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

READ: 2 Corinthians 5:17-19

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

When sin came into the lives of Adam and Eve, they forfeited their cordial relationship with the Lord God Almighty. They were separated from the blissful presence of their creator. It was a great loss. The interesting thing that many may not believe is that God wants man to come back into fellowship with Him. However, God’s holiness prevents Him from beholding iniquity, as we see in Isaiah 59:1-2:
“Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.”

To bring about this reconciliation therefore, God had to make the sacrifice of giving His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, for the sins of the world (John 3:16). 2 Corinthians 5:19 says further:
“ To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.”

Before Jesus Christ was crucified on the cross, He said:
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28

In John 7:37, He calls:
“…….If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.”

Our memory verse says “Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God” (Matthew 5:9). To make peace with God therefore, one must acknowledge his sins as well as confess and forsake them, with a promise not to go back to the life of disobedience. A new life is expected of anyone who has accepted the peace that living in Jesus Christ brings. The Bible speaks of the publican in Luke 18:13 thus:
“And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.”

Making peace with God also requires breaking away from past misdeeds and making right our wrongdoings like in the case of Zacchaeus:
“And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.” Luke 19:8

This is proof of genuine repentance and reconciliation.

PRAYER POINT:
Jesus Christ, The Prince of Peace, please remove any barrier between me and my Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, permanently reconcile me to God the Father.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 117-118.

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 28:   WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS.
1. What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!

2. Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged—
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;

3. Are we weak and heavy-laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge—
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace there.

4. Blessed Savior, Thou hast promised
Thou wilt all our burdens bear;
May we ever, Lord, be bringing
All to Thee in earnest prayer.
Soon in glory bright, unclouded,
There will be no need for prayer—
Rapture, praise, and endless worship
Will be our sweet portion there.
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY DR. PAUL ENENCHE.

FRIDAY 20 AUGUST, 2021.

TOPIC: BLESSED BY IMPARTING OTHERS.

SCRIPTURE: Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him. Genesis 18:18-19.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Your blessing in Kingdom service is amplified by your willingness to carry others along.   

Scripture confirms that God created us for Himself (Isaiah 43:21). God created us to be dedicated to Him in service. When we serve the Lord, He will bless our bread and our water and take sickness away from us (Exodus 23:25).

However, there are temptations that hinder effective service. One of such temptations is the temptation not to go far with God. Another temptation is the temptation not to take others along with you in serving God.  

Our anchor Scripture makes it clear that your blessing in Kingdom service is amplified by your willingness to carry others along. Abraham was blessed because he commanded his family members, employees and workers to follow the Way of the Lord. This means, the promises of God to you are realisable at the frequency of your impact on others. The promises of God to your life are realisable to the extent to which you are willing to impact the lives of others.   

From this Scripture, we understand that God would bring to pass His promises concerning Abraham because he (Abraham) would command his children and his household to follow God in righteousness. God seemed to have said concerning Abraham, “Abraham knows what he is doing. He is changing the lives of his family members and touching the lives of his employees, so I can fulfil my promise in his life.”

This means, if you want what God said to you to come to pass, touch the lives of people who don’t know God and point them in the direction of God. 

Remember this: Your blessing in Kingdom service is amplified by your willingness to carry others along.  

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Make up your mind to impact the people around you.

2. Make impact on others your primary reason for living.

PRAYER: Thank You Lord for Your Word to me today. I ask for the grace to impact my world positively, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: TEMPTATIONS THAT HINDER EFFECTIVE SERVICE

QUOTE: Let service to God and His kingdom be the reason why you live. Culled from “15 KINGDOM STRATEGIES FOR SURVIVAL” by Paul Enenche.

DAILY READING: Jeremiah 43-45

REFLECTION: There is no living without giving. Giving out carbon dioxide for plant use continually is a major part of living. Living without giving (Impact) is dying without knowing.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: The Lord cause your life to be relevant in the land of the living in Jesus’ Name.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 17th August Edoman 2 1,164 08-17-2021, 07:01 AM