The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th September
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

TUESDAY, 24TH SEPTEMBER.

INCREASE IN KNOWLEDGE

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart (Ephesians 4:18).

The Apostle Paul, by the Spirit, highlights the awful state of the non-Christian in our opening text. Let’s read from the Amplified translation for further clarity:

“Their moral understanding is darkened and their reasoning is beclouded. [They are] alienated (estranged, self banished) from the life of God [with no share in it; this is] because of the ignorance…” (AMPC).”

What a dreadful state for anyone to be in! If ignorance of God and His Word could put man in such a state of hopelessness, hemmed in the domain of darkness, imagine then what the accurate knowledge of God would do!

Knowledge in this context isn’t scientific or mental. Rather, it’s a special kind of knowledge: “epignosis” (Greek). It refers to accurate, full and precise knowledge of God; experiential knowledge of God, acquired through revelation and acquaintance.

After receiving salvation, yielding yourself to the ministry of the Word is crucial. Proverbs 11:9 declares, “...but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.” You already have an inheritance bequeathed to you in Christ, but through the knowledge of God, you’re able to take a hold of what’s rightfully yours in Christ.

Yield yourself to knowledge. Have a voracious appetite for the Word. Those who don’t know the Word easily get overwhelmed by circumstances, and defeated by the crises of life. But through the knowledge of God, grace and power over crisis (peace) are multiplied in your life (2 Peter 1:1-3). Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the unveiling of your Word to my spirit, and for filling me with the knowledge of your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. I’m built up, edified, and strengthened by your Word even now, for exploits, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Acts 20:32; 2 Peter 1:1-2; 2 Timothy 3:15-17
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Ephesians 1:15-2:1-10; Isaiah 13-14

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Luke 24:40-53; 2 Samuel 21-22

#AFFIRMATIONTRAIN

24TH SEPTEMBER.

I affirm that the anointing of God's Spirit is at work in my life. That anointing teaches me all things and reveals the realities of the kingdom to my heart. I can do all things by the ability of God in me.

I am what the Word says I am; I am a member of His body, of His flesh and of His bones; invigorated by divinity! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world! I am on an upward and forward journey of progress and success; positioned for glory and excellence. My spirit is sensitive to God’s voice, and I am able to discern His voice and counsel to me always.

The ways of the Spirit is made manifest unto me, and I am guided from within and through the Word to know and walk in the paths of life. I am not of this world, I am from the government of heaven! I am seated with Christ in the place of authority, over and above every government, authority, power, lordship and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.

I am over and above all circumstances. My victory is undeniable, and all the blessings and results of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ are evident in my life. Blessed be God.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE:
TUESDAY 24TH SEPTEMBER, 2019.

THEME:
PRAY FOR YOUR LEADERS.

MEMORISE:
Brethren, pray for us. 1 Thessalonians 5:25

READ:
2 Thessalonians 3:1-2

3:1 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: 3:2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

Prayer is such a potent weapon that can do and undo things in people's lives. It is so powerful that even the person praying cannot comprehend the extent of its reach. Those who walked with God in times past knew the importance of prayer, and this is what inspired Paul's request in today's memory verse. Even though he was a prayer warrior himself, he asked the brethren to continually pray for him and his team. Our Lord Jesus Christ also demonstrated the importance of prayer by often spending all night in prayer alone, encouraging His disciples also to be prayerful (Luke 18:1-8). In the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus prayed for grace to accomplish the will of His Father and also asked His disciples to join Him in prayer, rebuking them when they did not do so. Matthew 26:38 & 40 says:

"Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me... And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?"

Paul also learnt from the Lord about the potency of corporate prayers, which is why he often craved prayers for himself and his team in his epistles. He believed that they could do nothing without God, and that God would do nothing without prayer, based on His principle in Matthew 7:7. On the surface, one would expect that pastors alone should pray for their flock, but in today's Bible reading, we see an apostle giving the Church at Thessalonica a prayer request that the Lord would have His way in the ministry He committed to them. He also asked the Church to pray for their deliverance from wicked men who did not believe in the gospel, trying their best to stop its spread. The Church is facing a lot of obstacles today because we are not praying enough like the early Church did. Peter would not have escaped King Herod's sword if the early Church was not fervent in prayers. The Lord answered their prayers by sending an angel to rescue him. Having witnessed the great impact of prayer, Apostle James wrote in James 5:16b, saying:

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

Beloved, we ought to continually pray for our leaders. The temptations and battles facing Christian leaders are beyond what members of the Church can imagine. We must therefore faithfully and consistently pray for our spiritual and secular leaders so that they may not make mistakes in governance, and so that we can live a peaceful and holy life in this world (1 Timothy 2:1-2). Spiritual leaders need our prayers to administer their responsibilities correctly, and in order not to disappoint God and betray the trust reposed in them by the Church. Furthermore, they need our prayers to finish well and strong. Are you praying for them?

ACTION POINT:
Make it an obligation to pray for the spiritual leaders God has set over you on a daily basis.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 14-15
Daniel 7:1-12

AUTHOR:
PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 3:
TRUST AND OBEY

1. When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His word
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey

Chorus:
Trust and obey,
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.

2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt nor a fear
Not a sigh nor a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.

3. Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief nor a loss,
Not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.

4. But we never can prove
The delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favour He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.

5. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we'll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do
Where He sends we will go
Never fear, only trust and obey.
SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*LACK OF PASSION FOR GOD � A SIGN OF THE END TIME*

24 September, 2019

Beloved, the first time you came to the Lord, how was your prayer life? And how is your prayer life now? How was the intensity of your study of the Bible then? And how is it now? How did you evangelise then? What about now?

SCRIPTURE: And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. Matthew 24:12
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: 

One of the signs of the end time is the deficiency of passion for God.
Sometime ago, there was a young man who carried an unusual anointing to such a point that whenever he stepped into a place, demons would be screaming out of people. But after about three years, he lost every trace of spiritual fire. Eventually, he has no connection with ministry or serving God today.

The scripture has made it clear that one of the signs of the end time is the deficiency of passion for God or lack of love for God (Matthew 24:1-12). That is why we see Christians struggling with their prayer life, men on fire are gradually losing their fire, prayer warriors are becoming prayer strugglers, people of integrity are losing their integrity, a once powerful Christian sister backsliding to a point of marrying someone who is an unbeliever, all because the love for God has waxed cold.

The end time is a strength-reducing time (2 Timothy 3:1-5); it is a time where people�s spiritual strength reduces, fasting and prayer life reduces, but if you maintain or increase your passion for God, your spiritual strength and fire shall be correspondingly intensified.
Beloved, the first time you came to the Lord, how was your prayer life? And how is your prayer life now? How was the intensity of your study of the Bible then? And how is it now? How did you evangelise then? What about now? I would like you to examine yourself; are you engulfed by the current wind of firelessness in this end time? Has your love for God waxed cold? Think about it and return to your first love for God.
Remember this: One of the signs of the end time is the deficiency of passion for God.

ASSIGNMENT(S):

1. Increase your passion or love for God; let God be the centre of your life, not the things of the world.
2. Interrupt your schedule with a season of waiting on the Lord if you notice that your fire is dropping.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: SIGNS OF THE END

PRAYER: Lord, give me the grace to keep the fire burning for You. I refuse to be a victim of spiritual slumber in this end time, Lord, in Jesus� Name.
DAILY BIBLE READING: Isaiah 43:14 to 45:10, Ephesians 3:1 to 21, Psalm 68:1 to 18, Proverbs 24:1 to 2
QUOTE: God is revealed to the fervent; not the slothful. Culled from REASON FOR LIVING by Dr Paul Enenche.

AMAZING FACT: The Nile crocodile can hold its breath underwater for up to two hours while waiting for prey.
TODAY IN HISTORY: 24/9/1948: Honda motor company is founded.

DON�T FORGET TO ATTEND: The Power-packed Communion Service tomorrow with friends and loved ones for the preservation of your life and destiny by 5:30pm. God bless you as you come.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: TUESDAY 24TH SEPTEMBER, 2019*

*TOPIC: LIVE YOUR BELIEF! TURN THE WORLD AROUND!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURES: 2CORINTHIANS 4:6-10; 12:8-10*

Yes, it was Thoreau who said: *“Live your belief and you can turn the world around.”* He was saying that the world will only follow men who are prepared to die for what they preach! Johann von Goethe also cried out: *“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough. We must do!”* 

So the Holy Ghost was serious when He wrote through Jude, Vs. 3: “…contend earnestly for the faith that was once delivered to the saints.” What the Lord wants you to know today is that following the Master and the narrow road means sharing in His sufferings and that means you will regularly experience phases of trials and phases of triumph on planet earth.

Have you forgotten Mark 10: 30 and Psalm 34:19? Knowing is not enough! We must apply what we know. *Which of your elders (the apostles of old) ran this race with ice cream/bread and butter in their hands?* The Apostle Paul suffered greatly and was also glorified greatly. He was beaten and thrown into jail at Philippi and yet, he praised the Lord. He was whipped 3 separate times with rods, was stoned once, was shipwrecked 3 times, was adrift at sea once for a whole day and night, plus lots more! Most of us, even pastors in this generation, would have given up! Yet Paul called them all, *“LIGHT AFFLICTIONS.” Peter was condemned to death by crucifixion, but he asked his captors to crucify him upside down! Even in his pain, delay
sufferings, he still honoured the Lord.

It’s to live your belief and let the world notice you! *Laugh when all is well and laugh even more when all is hell. There is nothing like a 21st century Christian race!* Pursue the faith of old and honour God even in your trials! Never, ever, give up! You are about to RECOVER ALL at the *LEKKI ANOINTING SERVICE of this Saturday, September 28th!* Bring a list of what you DESIRE TO RECOVER! This is your hour! *Venue is OUR DAILY MANNA STREET, Beside Enyo Station, 4th roundabout Lekki. Time: 8am. THEME: “I SHALL RECOVER ALL.” I SHALL BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT TO AGREE WITH YOU VIA LAYING ON OF HANDS! THANK YOU JESUS! (The Lord Just Gave Us A Street Named After ODM In Lekki – Our Daily Manna Street. Hallelujah).*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take any song of victory as led now!
1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led now!
2. Repent from any backsliding today! Repent from any LUKEWARMNESS now!
3. Oh Lord, grant me the rare courage to pursue the original kind of faith, in Jesus name. Father, grant me the grace to honour You in every allowed trial in my life and ministry.
4. Dear Lord, in this STORY to GLORY year 2019, deliver me from any trial or temptation not permitted by You *(Pray it for the next 3 days).*

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: DANIEL 10-12*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (C
CAC LIVING WATER*

*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Tuesday, September 24, 2019.*

*TOPIC:* *ANGELS OF STRENGTH*
*Read 1 Kings 19:1-8*

*MEMORISE*

*Then as he lay and slept under a broom tree, suddenly an angel touched him, and said to him, “Arise and eat” (1 Kings 19:5)*

*EXPOSITION*

As human beings, anyone can experience lack of strength. There are times we are inwardly discouraged, because of battles of life. The perilous times pose their dangers to human hearts, and many families. Christian families as well are not excluded from the spiritual and economic effects of the end times. Moses was tired of the murmurings and complaints of the Israelites in the wilderness (Num. 11:10-15). Elijah was tired of the threats of Jezebel and loneliness. He desired to die instead of continuing in the ministry (1 Kgs. 19:5-9).

God knows this time you are passing through. He has provided angels for you, to strengthen you. There are angels that are in charge of helping and strengthening the saints in times like this. They have food for spiritual strength to give to the saints. Elijah was given this food, and he regained his strength. The journey may be too far and hard for you.

The human strength may be failing you. You should try the food from heaven. The Word of God is the food of strength that we all need in the time of distress. When we eat this food, we will be strengthened again. When we are loaded with this food, we will be strengthened against our enemies. Angels of strength give food for the saints in the time of discouragements.

Isaiah says, *Ho! Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price* (Isa. 55:1-2). The strength of God is for everyone who comes to Him. Come to Jesus Christ today, with all your worries and labour, and He will give you rest.

*PRAYER POINTS*

1. Father, strengthen my heart, soul and spirit by the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ name.
2. Lord, let Your angels bring joy that will strengthen me again in the journey of life, in Jesus’ name.
3. Father, strengthen our leaders in the Church and our nation to do good.
*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Proverbs 18:7 – 20:16; 2 Corinthians 11:8– 11:29*
*HAVE A GLORIOUS TUESDAY........
........SHALOM*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM