The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Sunday 25th August
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

SUNDAY, 25TH AUGUST

HE’S ALWAYS TALKING

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me (Revelations 3:20).

Sometimes, perhaps in a fellowship meeting, there’re those who, in anticipation for a word of prophecy, a vision or the demonstration of the gift of the Spirit, become bemused when they don’t experience such.

However, reading 1 Corinthians 14:32 (NLT) gives an idea as to what the issue could be sometimes. It says, “Remember that people who prophesy are in control of their spirit and can wait their turn.” If you or someone had a word of prophecy and wouldn’t give it, God’s got nothing to do with that; He’s not to blame.

Often, people think, “If God gives me a word of prophecy, He’d by default take over my vocal faculties and let it out!” That’s not how it works; you have a role. That you have a word of prophecy to exhort, edify, and comfort others doesn’t negate your own will to either speak or choose not to speak.

We always have to be bold and smart spiritually to pick God’s signals and declare the same as He gives us utterance. He’s always talking, but you must train your spirit to become sensitive to Him and always attuned to His frequency. That way, as He’s talking, your spirit can easily pick up the signals from Him, with the will to utter the same in prophecy.

It’s not enough to know how to hear Him with your heart, you must also learn to speak forth those words. So, don’t keep quiet or suppress it when you have words of prophecy bubbling inside you. If it’s in a general meeting, wait for the appropriate time and indicate that you have a word, or, when the call is made for anyone who has a word, be bold to indicate that you do. You may be asked to write it. However, abide by the guidance of the leaders of the congregation.

Always remember that when you commune with the Lord, He’s sure to minister back to you words that are consistent with the Scriptures, but you’ll have to bring forth those words He put in your heart, by faith (See Romans 12).

CONFESSION

Precious Father, I’m sensitive to receive your divine counsel and be attuned to your guidance over my life and those you’ve placed in my care. I’m bold to speak forth your Word, and have the body of Christ edified, exhorted and comforted to the glory and praise of your Name. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY

1 Corinthians 14:26-32; John 10:27
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 Corinthians 10:1-13 & Psalms 135-138

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Luke 18:35-43 & 1 Samuel 13

#TALKINGSESSION

25TH AUGUST.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for giving me rest on everyside. I thank You for the guidance of Your Spirit in my life, and the wisdom that You impart to me each day. I am continually yielded to the Lordship of Your Word. My steps are ordered in victory, success, and excellence. I walk by faith, and not by sensory perception! I live from my spirit,
thus, the circumstances of life are subdued before me.

I live on Your terms; I reason with the mind of Christ, and my outlook on life is from the perspective of Your Word. I am living in power and working miracles as I live in, and through the power of the Holy Spirit and the Word today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SUNDAY 25TH AUGUST 2019

THEME: GLUTTONY: NOT A CHRISTIAN VIRTUE.

MEMORISE:

And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite. Proverbs 23:2

READ: Proverbs 23:1-8

1When thou sittest to eat with a ruler, consider diligently what is before thee:

2 And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite.

3 Be not desirous of his dainties: for they are deceitful meat.

4 Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.

5 Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.

6 Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainty meats:

7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.

8 The morsel which thou hast eaten shalt thou vomit up, and lose thy sweet words.

Gluttony is a trait that manifest itself through eating or drinking more than is needful. Indeed, this applies not only to food but to all material things. This habit is found in people who have given their bely or body free rein over their life, such that they are unable to hold back or restrain themselves whenever food or drink is set before them. For such people, the Holy Spirit says their good is their belly (Philippians 3:19). Gluttony causes a person to develop a deadly appetite for things that can destroy him or her. Food can do and has indeed done great damage to the destinies of many people throughout history. The story of Esau who exchanged his birthright for a meal of red pottage is case in point (Genesis 25:29-34). No wonder Hebrews 12:16 says:

“ Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.”

From Esau’s story, we see that food can sometimes be used as bait covering the hook of a fisherman. An adage in my native language says, “The rodent is eating free banana and rejoicing; it does not know that sweet things kills”.

One man who understood the principles enunciate in today’s Bible reading was Daniel. On arrival in Babylon as a captive, he determined in his heart not to forget his background and heritage, so he did not allow himself get carried away by the king’s delicacies. He and three other Hebrew boys decided to discipline themselves in anticipation of a time when their stand in God would be tested and they would no longer have access to the king’s benefits. Whatever a man gives to you, he can also take away from you: This is why the source of our daily bread should be God alone. Whenever someone offers you a “free lunch”, try and decipher the motive behind the offer before accepting it. When I was growing up in my father’s house, the attitude and disposition of a person offering us food determines whether we accepted it or not. Proverbs 23:6 says:

“Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainty meats:”

Indeed, it takes self-discipline not to be gluttonous, especially in the time of need. As a rule, in life, never allow your enemies know when you are ‘hungry’ because they can use your needs to get you down. It is out of place to assume that Jacob had studied his brother Esau and was only waiting for the perfect opportunity to lure him with food. This is one of the benefits of a life of fasting. The Holy Spirit says in Proverbs 25:16:

A word is enough for the wise.

“Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it.”

PRAYER POINT:

Father, I submit my appetite to the restraint of Your Spirit in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 7-9
Ezekiel 39:21-40:4

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 4: TAKE MY LIFE, AND LET IT BE

1.Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2.Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3.Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose,
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.
*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*KEYS TO DIVINE ENCOUNTER*

25 August, 2019

Passion for God is a sponsor of Divine encounter.
SCRIPTURE: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb. Exodus 3:1

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Passion for God is a sponsor of Divine encounter.

Having seen the benefits and products of Divine encounter previously, it is important to explore the keys that facilitate access to Divine encounter.
So, today, we are going to see the keys that can guarantee access to Divine encounter.

i. Passion for God
Passion for God is a sponsor of Divine encounter. This is coming to a point where you love God, and you know, people know, God Himself knows, and even the devil knows that you really love God. Passion for God was what drove Moses to the back side of the desert to the mountain of God, and he had an encounter with God.
ii. Passion for people (A heart for people)
Now, why would God give you an encounter? He would give you an encounter so that the people whose destinies are connected to yours can rise in liberty and success. There are lives that are tied to your life; when you rise, they rise and when you sink, they sink. Moses� encounter was for the rescue of Israel.
iii. Hatred for oppression.
When you are at a point where you feel pain because people are suffering or they are oppressed, you are a candidate for Divine encounter.
iv. Passion for service
Moses was serving in Pharaoh�s house before he was declared wanted. He also served the daughters of the Priest of Midian (Exodus 2:16-17). That act of service serviced his destiny and led him to the encounter that changed his life.
Beloved, go ahead and run with these keys and you will have encounters with God that will change everything about your life and destiny for the better, in Jesus� Name.

Remember this: Passion for God is a sponsor of divine encounter.

ASSIGNMENT(S):

1. Draw closer to God at the place of prayer and worship and study of the Word.
2. Join a service department in church if you are not yet in any; and be committed to soul winning.
3. Show love to people, especially the needy, the sick, and the oppressed.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: THE POWER OF DIVINE ENCOUNTER
PRAYER: Lord, give me an unquenchable passion for You. Use me as an instrument of deliverance in Your Mighty Hand, Lord, in Jesus� Name.

DAILY BIBLE READING: Job 16:1 to 19:29, 1 Corinthians 16:1 to 24, Psalm 40:1 to 10, Proverbs 22:1
QUOTE: Except you rise up in desperation, somebody may take your place. Culled from UNBEATABLE PRINCIPLES OF DESPERATE PEOPLE FOR WINNING IN DESPERATE TIMES by Dr (Mrs) Becky Paul-Enenche.

AMAZING FACT: A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: Receive this day, the passion for God that will facilitate your encounter with Him, in Jesus� Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: SUNDAY 25TH AUGUST, 2019*
*TOPIC: THE END IS A NEW BEGINNING! JUST KEEP MOVING!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: ESTHER 4:1-17*

Martin Luther King said, *“Refuse to stop. If you can’t fly; run. If you can’t run, walk; if you can’t walk, crawl, but by all means keep moving.”* Today’s scripture is in alignment with that thought-stimulating quote above. There were nearly a million things that would have stopped Queen Esther from moving forward! 

Things like tradition (custom), fear of death, human advice from big uncles/aunties in the Lord, arrival of a late appointment letter form the king, fear of failure, etc, but she knew that it was either she did something fast (keep moving) or she would be consumed. She said, “I will go to the king, though it is *AGAINST* the law…” – Vs. 16b.

*Indeed, FOR YOU TO MAKE PROGRESS IN ANYTHING, YOU HAVE TO GO AGAINST A LOT OF THINGS!* NOTE AND SHOUT THE WORD SHE USED AGAIN: *“AGAINST.”* It is a word used in the war front of life! It is not a word used in the bedroom! Have you forgotten that you are in the war front of life daily? Cain rose *AGAINST* Abel! Yes indeed, the flesh (Cain) lusted *AGAINST* the Spirit (Abel) and the Spirit lusteth *AGAINST* the flesh daily (Galatian 5:17)! Goliath fought 

*AGAINST* David! Haman rose *AGAINST* Esther! Michael and the angels fought *AGAINST* the Dragon (Revelation 12:7)! That was in heaven! War in heaven? Yes! Yes! Yes! Oh! No matter how 2019 has been, be determined to fight and forge ahead! Go *AGAINST* that pain of delay, laziness, sleep, discouragement, past disappointments, mistakes and failures, educational deficiencies and just keep moving! Never believe it is finished with you.

T. Eliot, a popular American poet, said: *“What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make the end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from.”* So true! There is no such thing as a bitter end! No! not for a child of God! Life is like a building that can be renovated and rebuilt from the scratch because ALL things will work eventually for your good! Just keep moving!

*This Saturday, August 31, 2019 is Lagos (Ogudu) Anointing service at Ogudu-Orioke, Lagos. Theme: “RISE AND FALL MUST SCATTER!” Come with faith, your anointing oil, your written prayer points, any point of contact and expectations. I shall lay hands on all present again!*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take any song of victory as led!
1. You lying spirit of discouragement, I arrest your powers concerning me in Jesus name *(Pray it seriously).*
2. I command all the powers/forces that are against my destiny; dry up by fire today in Jesus name *(Pray it well).*
3. I will never call anything the end. Therefore, Father, give my family and I the grace to keep moving *(Pray it well).*
4. Lord, re-arrange every situation to favour me in this second half of 2019 in Jesus name. *_Pray about today as led now._*

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: JEREMIAH 17-19*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH

THE LIVING WATER {July ~ Dec., 2019}
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Sunday, August 25, 2019

TOPIC: MAKE YOUR LIFE COUNT!
Read Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

1. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2. A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3. A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5. A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6. A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7. A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8. A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

MEMORISE: To everything there a season, a time for every purpose under heaven (Ecclesiastes 3:1)

EXPOSITION

Time is an important factor in life regardless of whether people try to de-emphasise its relevance. Everything in life, including our lives and works, is timed (cf. Eccl. 9:10). In some countries of the world, workers are hourly paid. Time can either be invested, or wasted, depending on its user. We need to make time maximally count, because we don't have all the time. Time is so important to God that He sent His Son at the appointed time (Rom. 5:6; Gal. 4:4).

Queen Esther's timely intervention with her good office brought down God's hand to save her people (Esth. 5:4ff). Christians should be conscious of time, as Christ's return is imminent (Rom. 13:11,12). Waking up early in the morning without a definite plan for that day, means that whatever comes across your way, that day, is welcomed. 

This is unbecoming for the one aiming for excellence in life, as well as the heaven-conscious.
How do you spend your time? Time is money. Are you aware that anytime spent usefully or otherwise cannot be called back? How much time do you apportion for your devotion to God, your vocation, business, ministry, home, social activities, relaxation, or recreation? Some activities are time-consuming with little, or no returns. Some consume your hard-earned money with no profit!
You make your life count by being mindful of time and making the most of all opportunities (Eph. 5:16). The onus is on you to be wisely decisive, always, as to the use of your time. You need the help of the Holy Spirit.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Ask God for forgiveness as touching the times and opportunities you have wasted in the past.
2. Pray for God's grace, by His Spirit, to make your life count till eternity.
3. Pray that God should reorient Christians as to the God-glorifying way to celebrate birthday, focussing our attention on the Last Day.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Psalms 72:18 - 75:9; Romans 16:1 - 16:22
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM