The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning Devotional For Sunday 27th January
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

SUNDAY, 27TH JANUARY.

FAITH AND PATIENCE.

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience (James 1:2-3).

Oftentimes, there’re those who find themselves in situations that they think require immediate divine intervention, and then begin to pray. However, they soon become panicky when nothing seems to change. This happens more when the issues are particularly time-sensitive; the deadline is imminent, yet nothing has changed. When you’re in that kind of a situation, don’t panic or get into a frenzy; be patient.

Faith and patience may seem like two opposites, but they work together. We read in our opening verse that there’s a purpose for the trying of your faith; it’s patience. Sometimes, those things you expect or desire to happen quickly don’t happen for one reason: lack of patience. You’ve got to learn the power of patience in your faith.

While you’re expressing faith, you must also demonstrate patience. James 1:4 says, “But let patience have her perfect work...”; it’s saying you don’t need to be in a hurry; don’t get agitated. Too many people get fretful and even become angry when they face challenges, and by so doing, they miss God’s plan. Challenges are a blessing; they’re the springboard for your promotion.

In John 16:33, Jesus said, “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” So, if you’re in the world, there’ll be tribulations; there’ll be troubles. But just because there’re problems doesn’t mean you’re defeated. Be in charge and in control. Faith is patient, confident, and never ruffled when tried; rather, it’s unperturbed.

1 Peter 1:6-7 tells us that the trial of your faith is much more precious than gold. Just as gold glitters when it’s refined by fire, even so should your faith be stronger and ardent, no matter what happens. So, refuse to fret, because irrespective of the trouble, we’re more than conquerors. Glory to God!

CONFESSION

I refuse to be anxious about anything; the peace of God which surpasses all understanding keeps my heart and mind through Christ Jesus. The trial of my faith is found unto praise and honour and glory, at the appearing of Jesus Christ! Through patience, my faith prevails over circumstances, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Proverbs 24:10 [If] thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength [is] small.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan
Matthew 19:1-15 & Exodus 13-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan
Matthew 10:12-22 & Genesis 27

#TALKINGSESSION

27TH JANUARY.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD

Dear Father, thank you for making me a member of the greatest family ever – the family of God! I rejoice exceedingly for the grace and ability you’ve given me in Christ Jesus. I walk worthy of the vocation wherewith I am called, with all submissiveness and meekness, forbearing with my fellow brothers and sisters in love,

and endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Thank you for giving me the ability to speak words of power that produce life. Today, I speak peace, progress, prosperity, and health concerning my life. My life is for Your glory, solely dedicated to doing Your will and making Your Name known in the earth, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SUNDAY 27TH JANUARY 2019

THEME: THE MOTHER OF MIRACLES

MEMORISE:
His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it. John 2:5

READ: Luke 5:1-6

1 And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret,

2 And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets.

3 And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon's, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship.

4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.

5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.

6 And when they had this done, they enclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

A mother is a vessel that brings forth new life. When a woman gives birth to a child, she becomes a mother. Similarly, miracles have a mother, and the mother of miracles is Mrs. Obedience. In today's memory verse, we are introduced to the mother that gave birth to Christ's first miracle: obedience to simple instructions. Obedience to simple instructions like "Only believe" can birth the healing miracle you have been expecting from God over the years, just as it happened to the ruler of the synagogue in Mark 5:36. The prophet Elisha also told Naaman to go and wash himself in River Jordan seven times for his leprosy to disappear. He complied and his leprosy became history (2 Kings 5:10-14).

In the story of Peter's big catch at the Lake of Gennesaret, we have another example of obedience giving birth to a miracle. This miracle was conceived the moment Jesus commanded Peter to push his boat out a little from land so that He could preach from it, and Peter obeyed. Thereafter, it seems that Jesus told Peter to wait with Him in the boat until He finished preaching, to which Peter might have responded "Yes Sir". Luke 5:4 captures what happens next:

“Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.”

The instruction from the Lord which gave birth to Peter's miracle of catch was a three-in-one command: launch out into the deep (not the periphery of the lake), throw in your net (for what?), and begin to draw the nets back, and they will be full of fish. This was all too much for an experienced fisherman like Peter to comprehend with his natural mind. Almost aborting the pregnancy of his miracle, he said to Jesus in Luke 5:5b,

“Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing:”

However, the story had a happy ending because he went ahead to obey the divine instruction even though his professional mind could not comprehend it.

Beloved, if you urgently need a miracle, you need to have the mother that gives birth to it. Obedience to the word of God is the mother of miracles. Having faith in God and believing His word are two ingredients that produce obedience in a person. No wonder Jesus said to Martha in John 11:40:

“…Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?”

As you believe His word today, I decree, receive your miracle now in Jesus' Name.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please give to me the grace to obey Your commands that will birth miracles in my life.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Luke 6, Isaiah 26:1-19

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 3: TRUST AND OBEY

1. When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His word
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey

Chorus:
Trust and obey,
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.

2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt nor a fear
Not a sigh nor a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.

3. Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief nor a loss,
Not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.

4. But we never can prove
The delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favour He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.

5. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we'll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do
Where He sends we will go
Never fear, only trust and obey.
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SUNDAY 27TH JANUARY, 2019

TOPIC: THE STRANGE DOCTOR! NEVER WRITE OFF YOURSELF!

BASIC SCRIPTURES: 1KINGS 17:8-16; JOB 14:7-9
In one of the teaching hospitals in one African country, laid a woman who was critically ill. The husband had been visiting her in hospital and offering the care he could. One fateful day, the man went to see her as usual. The doctors told him that based on their experience and from the look of her condition, she would not survive beyond another 24 hours. 

The husband did not disclose to his wife what the doctors had told him. He went to her bed, bid her good night with a promise to see her the following day, but deep down in his heart, he believed that based on the doctor’s report, the woman would be gone by the break of day. On his way home, the man made a call to his girlfriend to come over to his house so that they could enjoy the night together.

However, that night, a man dressed in white like a doctor went into the room where the lady was admitted and said to her, “Daughter, I am the Lord that healeth thee. Get up and go home.” The woman got healed instantly! She walked to the shocked nurses and said she was well and on her way home. That night, one way or the other, he left the hospital. When she got home, she met the house door unlocked. She opened it and met her husband with the strange woman. The man began to look at her as if he had seen a ghost. 

The rest of the story is history because she became a testimony to the shame of the doctors who gave the verdict and her husband who was unfaithful. Get this clear: Doctors are wonderful people; but they are not your Maker. No doctor is THE GREAT PHYSICIAN! Jesus is the Great Physician. He can make whole and will make you whole in this year 2019! WHOLE MEANS WHOLE – spirit, soul, body, business, career, academics, ministry, marital settlement, etc! This woman’s husband in today’s story had written her off, but God did not write her off! The widow of Zarephath had written herself off when she said, “As the LORD thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil a cruse: and behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die” (1Kings 17:12).

However, God did not write her off! Job 14:7 says, “For there is hope for a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.” There is a common saying that when there is life, there is hope. NEVER write yourself off! Don’t let anybody or circumstance/situation write you off! Help is still on the way. Faith is not faith till it’s all you are holding on to! Courage is fear holding on a minute longer! Your God did not bring you this far to let you down! Look to Him! He is taking you from STORY to GLORY! Watch out!
ASABA 2019: The great international Asaba special anointing service is February 8th and 9th 2019! Friday is 6pm. Saturday is 7:30am. Venue is the CANOTAPH. Theme: “SATANIC SALOONS: CATCH FIRE!”

PRAYER POINTS: 

Take Song 1: Higher Ground…
1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led now.
2. I SCATTER fear, depression, sorrow or discouragement now!
THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: EXODUS 38 – 40
BY BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)
_PUBLISHER/WRITER OF ODM_

*mSongs 1: Higher Ground
1. I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining everyday;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”
Chorus
Lord, lift me up, and let me stand
By faith on Canaan’s tableland;
A higher plane than I have found,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
2. My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these abound,
My prayer, my aim, is higher ground.
3. I want to live above the world,
Though Satan’s darts at me are hurled;
For faith has caught the joyful sound,
The song of saints on higher ground.
4. I want to scale the utmost height
And catch a gleam of glory bright;
But still I’ll pray till rest I’ve found,
“Lord, lead me on to higher ground.”
Seed of Destiny 

TOPIC: THE IMPLICATION OF LIVING IN THE REVERENTIAL FEAR OF GOD

SUNDAY JANUARY 27,"2019

SCRIPTURE": And herein do I exercise myself,"to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men. Act 24":16.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Reverence for God is the secret of staying pure in life
Yesterday,"we saw that reverence for God makes a person a reference point in life. Reverence for God is the secret of staying pure in life. Joseph did not fall into the trap of temptation and sin because of his reverence for God (Genesis 39":9).
Now,"what are the implications of living in the reverential fear of God?

They are":
i. Living with a conscience that is alive (Act 24:16)
Those who are dedicated to God have a tender conscience. People who are not dedicated to God have a conscience that appears seared with hot iron (1 Timothy 4:2).
ii. Living to give God pleasure (2 Corinthians 5:9)
Living in the reverential fear of God is living to give God pleasure; people who are dedicated to God make giving pleasure to God the most important objective of their lives and existence. People who are not dedicated to God live to please themselves.
iii. Living to give glory to God (1 Corinthians 10:31,"Isaiah 42":12)

When you live in the reverential fear of God,"the actions of your life are carried out with the consideration of glorifying God. You do not do things if they do not glorify God.
iv. Saying ‘yes’ to what God says ‘yes’ to and saying ‘No’ to what God says ‘No’ to (Hebrews 6" )
Living in the reverential fear of God means saying ‘yes’ to what God says ‘yes’ to and saying ‘no’ to what God says ‘no’ to. People who are not dedicated to God say ‘No’ to what God says ‘Yes’ to and say ‘Yes’ to what God says ‘No’ to.
Beloved,"make up your mind to be dedicated to God by saying ‘Yes’ to what God says ‘Yes’ to. Reject what God rejects.
Remember this": Reverence for God is the secret of staying pure in life.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Go through today’s message once again.
2. Make up your mind to maintain a conscience that is alive and tender always.
PRAYER: O Lord I ask that You give me the grace to maintain a conscience that is alive and alert. Help me to respond to Your heartbeat always,"Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE": UNDERSTANDING DEDICATION (PART 6).
DAILY READING: Exodus 4:1 to 5:21,"Matthew 18":1 to 20,"Psalm 22":19 to 31,"Proverbs 5":15 to 21.

TODAY IN HISTORY: 27/01/1880 - Thomas Edison patented the first incandescent lamp.
AMAZING FACT: In the right conditions and lighting,"humans can see the light of a candle from 14 miles away.
QUOTE": Sin is an attack on spirituality. An attack on a person’s prayer life is an attack on his relationship with God. Culled from PRINCIPLES AND POWER OF PRAYER by Dr Paul Enenche.
*THE LIVING WATER*

*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Sunday, January 27, 2019*

*TOPIC: GOD: THE ULTIMATE DETERMINER OF MAN’S PROMOTION*

*Read: Daniel 3:26-30*
*MEMORISE: _For exaltation comes neither from the east Nor from the west nor from the south_ (Psalm 75:6).*

*EXPOSITION*

Promotion is an attractive word everyone likes to hear. Many lay more emphasis on the issue of promotion during prayer. That is fine, but divine promotion has little to do with how prayerful you are. It is God who determines it as it seems right in His own sight and in His own time *(Eccl. 3:11;1Pet. 5:6).* According to our memory Scripture, no one on earth, either from east or west, from north or south, can promote another person, if God does not sanction it. Line seven of the same psalm says, “But God is the judge: He puts down one, and exalts another.” It is only God who has capacity to enthrone and dethrone.

Having known that promotion comes only from God, we need to know the parameter He uses to do it, for He does not promote people at random. Whenever God has intention to promote anyone, He does the searching at the heart of the person for proper inspection. This is what He corrected Prophet Samuel for when he wanted to choose the king among the sons of Jesse with human yardstick *(1 Sam. 16:7).* Man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart.
One important thing among the others that God looks for when searching man’s heart, is to know how faithful the person is to Him, especially when the going is tough. We have several examples in the Bible. For instance, Joseph, the young man, proved being a faithful person right from his father’s house to Portiphas’ house down to the prison yard. Eventually, he became the second in command in the land of Egypt. What of David? He became God’s preferable King in Israel because of faithfulness he displayed in caring for his father’s sheep. 

God counts the way we are dealing with others. If you fail to be faithful to a man you see, definitely you cannot be faithful to God you cannot see. We also have the three Hebrew boys as our example. They were promoted in the foreign land, because of their faithfulness to God *(Dan. 3:30).* Work upon your heart and let it be right before God. Sooner than later, your own promotion will surely come *(Psalm 139:1, 23).*

*PRAYER POINTS*

*1.* Help me, Lord, to do it right and to have it right in my life, in Jesus’ name.
*2.* Teach me, Oh Lord, to do your will and to maintain my relationship with you.
*3.* Nothing whatsoever will be able to delay my promotion again, in Jesus’ name.
*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* Exodus 6:9 – 8:17; Matthew 17:17 – 18:11
*Author: CAC WORLDWIDE*
*Remain Blessed!*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM