The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forums
SPORTS UPDATE - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://contripeople.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Thread: SPORTS UPDATE (/showthread.php?tid=23211)

RE: SPORTS UPDATE - Edoman - 12-29-2019

Barcelona midfielder Arturo Vidal 'sues the club over claims they owe him £2million in unpaid bonuses'

[Image: 5e0753025a197.jpg]

Barcelona midfielder Arturo Vidal has sued his own club over claims they owe him £2million in bonuses from last season.

The Chilean midfielder believes he is owed extras from the team's qualification to the knockout and quarter-finals of the Champions League, and says he should have received payments after Barcelona won the title.

In a report by Spanish outlet ABC, the player's lawyers filed a lawsuit against his employers on December 5, outlining a list of bonuses that Vidal was supposedly entitled to.

Vidal was set to receive an extra £2m in bonuses if he featured in 60 percent of games last season, and he played 53 matches in all competitions. But the club claim he does not qualify because he did not play a minimum of 45 minutes per game, saying the lawyers have misinterpreted his contract.

He has allegedly been paid £1.4m, but says he is owed a total of £3.5m with Marca claiming in their report that the lawsuit could be a ploy by Vidal and his lawyers to secure a move for him away from Barcelona.

Arturo Vidal, who is being linked with a move to Inter Milan has made just six starts for the club this season. 

Man Utd Fans Fuming That Liverpool Have 'won The Premier League' After Man City

Manchester United fans are fuming that Liverpool ‘will win’ the Premier League title after Manchester City’s defeat at Wolves. Wolves beat City 3-2 on Friday night at Molineux thanks to a late winner from Matt Doherty.

The result leaves Liverpool 13 points ahead of their rivals at the top of the Premier League - as well as the Reds boasting a game in hand.

Jurgen Klopp’s men are set to win their first ever Premier League title this time out.

And United fans are fuming with their rivals’ success, with many claiming the title race is over after City’s loss at Wolves.

One fan wrote on Twitter: “Yeah it’s over lol.”

Another said: “Give liverpool the title now. Done and dusted. Ergh.”

“Nah lfc won the league,” a fellow United fan fumed.

Another said: “Liverpool have won the league ffs.”

“Its not even a title challenge anymore,” one fan wrote on Twitter.

“Congrats to @LFC for PL title I never thought see you guys wining the league in my life time,” another fan said.

United are expected to splash the cash in the January transfer window as the Red Devils eye a top four finish this time out.

And pundit Gabriele Marcotti has questioned whether United need to sign Haaland because they already have three top-class attackers in Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial and Mason Greenwood.

"I'd have other priorities that are more pressing right now," he said on the Sky Sports Transfer Podcast.

"This is something you have to look at because you have to look at every tremendous young player who comes on the market.

"That is a department that between Rashford, Martial and Mason Greewood you would think it's less of a priority than other areas of the pitch.

"What you need is a big veteran striker who can come off the bench in certain situations and give you a different option.

"All the while you've got to wait for Mason Greenwood.

"Otherwise it's another young striker that has got to get used to the Premier League.

"I know he's done fantastic at Salzburg playing a certain way in a certain league but he's obviously a longer-term project."

Liverpool are back in action on Sunday against Wolves, while United travel to Burnley on Saturday evening.

Source: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1221679/Man-Utd-news-fans-fuming-Liverpool-won-Premier-League-Man-City-loss-Wolves-rumours-gossip

[Image: 10797924_images17_jpeg_jpeg454c0e61c616b...5c98fa3d93]

Frank Lampard's dad spotted kissing his mistress he fathered two secret children with (Photos)

[Image: 5e086e2c59596.jpg]

Frank Lampard Snr, the father of Chelsea coach, Frank Lampard has been pictured planting a kiss on Janet Butler, the mistress he ­secretly fathered two children with years back. 

The pair who secretly welcomed two kids Sophie and John during a long-term affair in the 1970s were recently spotted packing on the PDA as Frank Snr planted a sweet kiss on Janet. 

Recall his son, Frank reportedly banned his dad, also called Frank, from seeing Janet Butler after the affair emerged 15 years ago. But it now seems the pair are still together as it has been claimed that Frank Snr is a regular visitor at her penthouse in Wanstead, East London.

The pair have also been seen holding hands and enjoying meals and drinks at a nearby restaurant as well as at his own pub, which is just a few ­minutes’ walks from her home.

[Image: 5e086e6457b63.jpg]

When asked about Janet this week, Frank Snr said: “No, no, we’re friends... big friends... but, you know, that’s as far as it goes.

“I do kiss her when I say bye-bye to her, I’ve gotta be honest with you, yeah.

“I’ve known her from years ago... you know the story.

“I’ve got a pub near her and I see her around sometimes and do keep in touch with her.

“But, no, do me a favour! Not for me, mate!”

At that time, Frank Snr was having an affair with Janet behind the back of wife Pat, who died of pneumonia in 2008.

[Image: 5e086f0637bf1.PNG]

Frank Snr's daughter Sophie was conceived just a couple of months after Frank Jr’s birth and her younger brother John five years later. He initially kept his name off Sophie and John’s birth certificates while they were ­growing up before he later added his name when they were re-registered in 1995.
[Image: icon_share.png]

RE: SPORTS UPDATE - Edoman - 12-30-2019

Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award

The Juventus attacker wins honour for sixth time, England's Bronze picks up inaugural award for best woman, Liverpool continue remarkable year with three trophies

Cristiano Ronaldo was ­yesterday crowned men’s player of the year at the Dubai Globe Soccer Awards, winning the honour for a sixth time.

The Juventus forward, 34, scooped Best Men’s Player of the Year at a glitzy ceremony at the Madinat Jumeirah, with England’s Lucy Bronze winning the inaugural award for best woman.

Meanwhile, Liverpool picked up a trio of victories, with Jurgen Klopp voted best coach, Alisson Becker best goalkeeper, and the ­European champions named best club.

Ronaldo retained the trophy he won earlier this year, on the back of a fine year with both Juventus and the Portugal national team.

Having moved from Real Madrid the previous summer, he scored 21 goals in Serie A to fire the Turin club to an eighth successive Scudetto.

He continued also his prolific strike rate for Portugal, scoring a hat-trick in the semi-final of the inaugural Uefa Nations League as his team went on to win the title.

Last month, his goal against Luxembourg lifted his international tally to 99 goals and in the process helped 2016 champions Portugal qualify for this summer’s Euros.

“I have to thank my family, my girlfriend, my boy there, Cristiano, my three kids who are waiting for me in the hotel, my friends, my teammates of Juventus and the national team, my agent, all the people here tonight who support this gala,” Ronaldo said.

“I have to say thank you to the Arabic community, which is always great with me. I have to thank Dubai as well – it’s a marvellous place to be, I’m coming every year and I love this place.

“And finally to thank [everyone] who voted for me. It’s a great honour to be here and receive this amazing award. I hope to be here next year to receive this award, of course. Thanks to everyone, and a happy New Year.”

In the woman’s category, Bronze took the trophy following a stellar season with Lyon in which she played an integral role in the club’s march to the French Championship, the French Cup, the Trophee des Championnes and the Uefa Women’s Champions League.

The defender, voted the Uefa Women’s player of the year, also starred as England finished fourth at this summer’s Fifa Women’s World Cup. Bronze landed the Silver Ball in France.

Of the night’s other winners – 17 awards in all were handed out – Klopp added to his Fifa Best award in September in recognition of Liverpool’s international, European and domestic dominance.

After defeating Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League final in June, the Merseyside club top the Premier League at the halfway stage. Last week, they clinched the Fifa Club World Cup title for the first time. Brazilian Alisson lifted the goalkeeper award for the second successive year.

Elsewhere, Ryan Giggs, the former Manchester United midfielder and current Wales manager, and Juventus midfielder Miralem Pjanic were each given the Player Career Award. Atletico Madrid and Portugal striker Joao Felix was named Best Revelation Player, which honours players aged 21 and under.

There were Arab winners on the night, too, with Al Hilal voted best Arab club for their recent Asian Champions League success and Abderrazak Hamdallah named best Arab player. The Morocco striker top-scored in last season’s Saudi Pro League as Al Nassr sealed the title.

Cristiano Ronaldo was ­yesterday crowned men’s player of the year at the Dubai Globe Soccer Awards, winning the honour for a sixth time.

The Juventus forward, 34, scooped Best Men’s Player of the Year at a glitzy ceremony at the Madinat Jumeirah, with England’s Lucy Bronze winning the inaugural award for best woman.

Meanwhile, Liverpool picked up a trio of victories, with Jurgen Klopp voted best coach, Alisson Becker best goalkeeper, and the ­European champions named best club.

Ronaldo retained the trophy he won earlier this year, on the back of a fine year with both Juventus and the Portugal national team.

Having moved from Real Madrid the previous summer, he scored 21 goals in Serie A to fire the Turin club to an eighth successive Scudetto.

He continued also his prolific strike rate for Portugal, scoring a hat-trick in the semi-final of the inaugural Uefa Nations League as his team went on to win the title.

Last month, his goal against Luxembourg lifted his international tally to 99 goals and in the process helped 2016 champions Portugal qualify for this summer’s Euros.

“I have to thank my family, my girlfriend, my boy there, Cristiano, my three kids who are waiting for me in the hotel, my friends, my teammates of Juventus and the national team, my agent, all the people here tonight who support this gala,” Ronaldo said.

“I have to say thank you to the Arabic community, which is always great with me. I have to thank Dubai as well – it’s a marvellous place to be, I’m coming every year and I love this place.

“And finally to thank [everyone] who voted for me. It’s a great honour to be here and receive this amazing award. I hope to be here next year to receive this award, of course. Thanks to everyone, and a happy New Year.”

In the woman’s category, Bronze took the trophy following a stellar season with Lyon in which she played an integral role in the club’s march to the French Championship, the French Cup, the Trophee des Championnes and the Uefa Women’s Champions League.

The defender, voted the Uefa Women’s player of the year, also starred as England finished fourth at this summer’s Fifa Women’s World Cup. Bronze landed the Silver Ball in France.

Of the night’s other winners – 17 awards in all were handed out – Klopp added to his Fifa Best award in September in recognition of Liverpool’s international, European and domestic dominance.

After defeating Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League final in June, the Merseyside club top the Premier League at the halfway stage. Last week, they clinched the Fifa Club World Cup title for the first time. Brazilian Alisson lifted the goalkeeper award for the second successive year.

Elsewhere, Ryan Giggs, the former Manchester United midfielder and current Wales manager, and Juventus midfielder Miralem Pjanic were each given the Player Career Award. Atletico Madrid and Portugal striker Joao Felix was named Best Revelation Player, which honours players aged 21 and under.

There were Arab winners on the night, too, with Al Hilal voted best Arab club for their recent Asian Champions League success and Abderrazak Hamdallah named best Arab player. The Morocco striker top-scored in last season’s Saudi Pro League as Al Nassr sealed the title.

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/cristiano-ronaldo-crowned-men-s-player-of-the-year-at-the-dubai-globe-soccer-awards-1.957487

[Image: 10803180_10802465screenshot2019122909252...8d627eb694]

[Image: 10803161_emylb5wsaq7ikk_jpeg2bb069a544b6...8c3088019c]

EPL: Aguero predicts team that will win title after Man City’s 2-0 win over Sheffield

December 30, 2019

[Image: Aguero.jpg]

Manchester City striker, Sergio Aguero, has admitted it will be “too hard” for his side to catch up with Premier League leaders, Liverpool.

Sergio stated this while speaking to Sky sports, after he netted in City’s 2-0 win over Sheffield United at the Etihad.

The victory sees the champions remain 14 points behind Liverpool, who have a game in hand.

City, however, currently sit in third place, one point behind second-placed Leicester.

“Now, Liverpool is too hard. We have to focus just on winning because we need to play Champions League next season.

“We have to play the same way and see what happens,” Aguero said.

Transfer: Liverpool set to sign Osimhen ahead of Barcelona, Chelsea

December 30, 2019

[Image: Victor-Osimhen-le-sens-de-l-abnegation.jpg]

Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, has made Lille striker, Victor Osimhen, one of his transfer targets in the January transfer window, according to Sporting Life.

The 21-year-old only joined the Ligue 1 outfit last June, but he is already attracting interest from a host of top clubs across Europe.

The likes of Barcelona, Spurs, and Chelsea are said to be interested in the Super Eagles star but it looks like Klopp is already making plans to hijack the move.

Osimhen has scored 13 goals in all competitions for Lille, convincing Klopp to order the Reds scouts to provide comprehensive detail about him.

Liverpool have arguably the best attack in Europe right now, but Klopp wants competition in attacking positions.

SPORT
EPL: Guardiola breaks Mourinho’s record

December 30, 2019

[Image: pep-guardiola-manager.jpg]

Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, has become the quickest manager to reach 100 wins in the Premier League, following their 2-0 victory over Sheffield United on Sunday.

Second-half goals from Sergio Aguero and Kevin De Bruyne sealed the points for the champions at Etihad Stadium.

It took Guardiola only 134 matches to achieve the feat.

Aguero’s opener was also the 1000th goal of Guardiola’s managerial career, which started at Barcelona and has taken him to Bayern Munich.

The Spaniard beats the record previously held by Jose Mourinho, who achieved his 100th victory in his 142nd match as a Premier League boss, when he guided Chelsea to a 3-1 win over Manchester United in January 2014.

Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp is next on the list. He reached the milestone in his 159th match against Merseyside rivals Everton earlier this month.

SPORT
EPL: Leno breaks silence after mistake in Arsenal’s 2-1 defeat to Chelsea

December 30, 2019

[Image: B4DC408E-BC41-47C7-A696-9487E488706E.jpeg]

Arsenal goalkeeper, Bernd Leno, has admitted he had a “very tough day”, after his howler gifted Chelsea an equaliser in a disappointing 2-1 defeat.

Mikel Arteta looked on course to earn his first victory as Gunners head coach, after Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s goal kept them in front until the 83rd minute.

But Leno flapped at a cross from Mason Mount, allowing Jorginho to tap home unmarked from two yards out.

A late winner from Tammy Abraham saw Frank Lampard’s Chelsea claim all three points, leaving Arsenal in the bottom half of the table and 11 points behind top four places.

“Very tough day today. But I have to look forward,” Leno tweeted after the game.

SPORT
EPL: I can’t kill myself – Atiku reacts to Arsenal’s loss to Chelsea

December 29, 2019

[Image: Atiku-Abubakar-as-Wazirin-1.jpg]
Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, on Sunday accepted his fate over Arsenal’s loss to Chelsea in Sunday’s EPL match.

“In the words of Timaya, I can’t kill myself”, he tweeted.
Mustapha, Atiku’s son had mocked him after the outcome of the keenly contested game.

In the first half, the Wazirin Adamawa hailed Arsenal after Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang opened scoring in the 13th minute.

Atiku tweeted: “Great goal, Aubameyang”.
But in the second half, Chelsea came back in style with two goals in five minutes from Jorghinho and Tammy Abraham.

The Blues won the match 2 – 1 to the delight of their supporters, spoiling the day for Gunners’ fans.
Replying to the earlier tweet by his father, Mustapha tweeted: “Daddy, how market”.

SPORT
EPL: Highest goal scorers in Premier League [See top 20]

December 30, 2019

[Image: premier_league_rebrands_designstudio_01.jpg]

Leicester City striker, Jamie Vardy, remains top of the goalscorers’ chart ahead of New Year Day’s fixtures.
Vardy missed his side’s 2-1 win over West Ham on Saturday, due to the birth of his new child, but still has 17 goals.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is now on 13 goals, after he netted in Arsenal’s 2-1 defeat to Chelsea.

Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham and Manchester United forward, Marcus Rashford, who both scored over the weekend have 12 goals each.

Premier League top scorers:
17 goals: Jamie Vardy (Leicester City).

13 goals: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal).
12 goals: Tammy Abraham (Chelsea), Marcus Rashford (Man United), Danny Ings (Southampton).
11 goals: Harry Kane (Tottenham), Raheem Sterling (Man City).

10 goals: Sergio Aguero (Man City), Sadio Mane (Liverpool).
9 goals: Mohamed Salah (Liverpool), Teemu Pukki (Norwich).
8 goals: Raul Jimenez (Wolves), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton).

7 goals: Chris Wood (Burnley), Neal Maupay (Brighton), Kevin De Bruyne (Man City).

6 goals: Ashley Barnes (Burnley), Harry Wilson (Bournemouth), Gabriel Jesus (Man City), Richarlison (Everton), Firmino (Liverpool).

Quote:
80% Of Barca Members Want Valverde Sacked And Prefer Klopp Over Koeman & Pep

Poll for Mundo Deportivo reveals that the social mass of Barcelona does not trust Valverde and bets on Liverpool coach as his successor.

Mundo Deportivo wanted to know the opinion of the social mass of Barcelona a few days before the end of 2019 and almost at the equator of the season.

80% of the members don't want Valverde to continue as Barcelona manager next season.

For his possible successors, Klopp earned most votes from Barca members with 33.6%, more than Koeman, Robert Martinez and Guardiola.

Source: https://m.allfootballapp.com/amp/news/EPL/80-of-Barca-members-want-Valverde-sacked-and-prefer-Klopp-over-Koeman--Pep/2159343

[Image: 10804500_1577694747081_jpeg724f3c1a51f30...d3f17d8e69]
[Image: 10804501_1577694750998_jpeg4dbcf31658be4...cfb8b03766]

Transfer: Mourinho to battle Arteta over £50million defender

December 30, 2019

[Image: k0SneSOV.jpeg]

Arsenal and Tottenham are set for a bidding war over RB Leipzig defender, Dayot Upamecano, according to the Daily Express.

New Gunners boss, Mikel Arteta, is looking to sign a centre-back and the club are willing to meet the £50million price tag for Upamecano.

“We need players back from injuries, first of all, to be more solid, more compact.

“And then we might need to do one or two things if the right players become available, to help us.

“But at the moment I am more concerned with getting the maximum out of the players available to us,” Arteta said last week.

However, the Spaniard would have to go up against Tottenham Hotspur for the French defender, as Jose Mourinho is also a big fan.

Mourinho who took over Mauricio Pochettino this month, is not happy with his options at the back and will be in the market when the transfer window opens.

EPL: Arteta told to sell one Arsenal player after 2-1 defeat to Chelsea

December 30, 2019

[Image: skysports-mike-arteta-arsenal_4871723.png]

Arsenal legend, Ian Wright, has told head coach, Mikel Arteta, to sell Shkodran Mustafi following a 2-1 defeat to Chelsea on Sunday.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang gave the Gunners an early lead, but goals from Jorginho and Tammy Abraham saw the visitors fight back to earn the three points.
Wright, speaking on Match of the Day, claimed Mustafi was, “absolutely petrified” of Chelsea’s Abraham.

He said: “Mustafi was absolutely petrified of him [Abraham].

“You have got someone like Arteta coming in but there’s nothing you can do to coach a defender of his experience now, those are the type of players he’s got to be looking to get rid of.”

Wright, however, added there were positives to take from Arteta’s first home match in charge.

“When you look at the two games there’s definite improvement in Arsenal.
“You just think what they could have done had they gone with the appointment after the Leicester game at the international break.

“It’s one and two touch all the way and its really quick. Fantastic zip, the fans should be happy with what they’re seeing at the moment but give Chelsea credit for what they’ve done today,” Wright said.

RE: SPORTS UPDATE - Edoman - 12-31-2019

John Terry’s father arrested after a late night fight with his girlfriend

[Image: 5e09ebdd741bb.jpg]

John Terry's father, Ted Terry was arrested by the police after a late night fight with his girlfriend which left her begging their neighbours to take him away from her. 

The 65-year-old father of the ex English footballer reportedly attacked his 42-year-old girlfriend, Evelyn Minkey during a late-night row at their home in Chafford Hundred, near Grays, Essex over the weekend. 

While Evelyn suffered a cut finger, a shirtless Terry was bundled into a police van by police officers who turned up at the scene. He was reportedly held for 14 hours before being released with no charge. 

[Image: 5e09eb37b4168.jpg]

Recounting how the incident occurred, a neighbour told The Sun that Evelyn was accusing Terry of taking her purse and phone.

Quote:"She started screaming, ‘He’s a psycho’ and ‘Get him away from me’. There was lots of screaming and shouting and she was telling people to call the police, which someone did.
“She was shouting about him throwing the phone at her.
“I didn’t see any injuries on her but her hair was all dishevelled.”

Neighbours also revealed that Terry who has convictions for common assault, cocaine dealing and racially aggravated public disorder, had a heated row in the street with Evelyn  six days before he was arrested.

[Image: 5e09eb7536625.jpg]

The Police who confirmed they arrested him, said he was released without charge because there was insufficient evidence.

Terry is believed to have separated from John's mum Sue 20 years ago and has been in a relationship with Ms Minkey for three years. Terry's son John enjoyed a glittering playing career for England and Chelsea. He is currently assistant manager at Premier League side Aston Villa.
[Image: icon_share.png]

Transfer: Barcelona, Inter Milan battle to sign Aubameyang from Arsenal

December 31, 2019

[Image: ngcb3]

Inter Milan are ready to rival Barcelona for the signature of Arsenal captain, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

The Serie A leaders are monitoring the Gabon striker’s situation, with the Gunners facing the reality of having to sell him in the summer.

Aubameyang had pulled out of contract talks in November, with the 30-year-old eager to play in the Champions League again.

That has alerted major clubs to his availability.

There is every likelihood that Arsenal will sell Aubameyang and use the money to rebuild the squad.
New boss, Mikel Arteta, is believed to have drawn up a list of transfer targets.

EPL: Man Utd suffer major injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash

December 31, 2019

Manchester United could be without Scott McTominay for up to eight weeks, after scans confirmed injured knee ligaments, SportsMail reports.

The news will be a big blow to manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, especially after Paul Pogba complained of a reaction to his foot injury, which makes him a doubt for Wednesday’s trip to Arsenal.

Solskjaer had originally hoped McTominay would be out for just four weeks.

However, United’s medical team have provided a more pessimistic diagnosis.

Solskjaer will now look to pick his midfield three from Nemanja Matic, Fred and Andreas Perreira against the Gunners.

Transfer: Man Utd to land £50million striker from Premier League rivals

December 31, 2019

Manchester United will now look to sign Dominic Calvert-Lewin from Everton, after missing out on top target Erling Haaland, the UK Sun reports.

Haaland was heavily linked with United, but has now signed for Borussia Dortmund in a £18million move.

Now, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has his eyes on Calvert-Lewin, who the Toffees value at £50million.

However, Everton would be reluctant to let the 22-year-old go.

Calvert-Lewin has scored 10 goals in 22 appearances in all competitions this season, including a match-winning double at Newcastle on Saturday.

He also scored on Boxing Day against Burnley, in new manager Carlo Ancelotti’s first game in charge.

Nigerian club declares player missing, issues stern warning

December 31, 2019

One of the Nigerian clubs playing in the top elite league known as the Nigerian Professional Football League, NPFL, has declared one of its players missing.

Sunshine Stars Football Club which is based in Akure, Ondo State on Tuesday stated that the player, Israel Abia has been absent from the club for the past two days.

According to the club’s Head of Media and Communication, Chris Okunnuwa in a statement issued on Tuesday said that Abia who is the highest scorer for the club in the ongoing NPFL 2019/2020 season with seven goals left the club without official approval.

Meanwhile, the club’s management has issued strong warning to agents and clubs seeking the services of Abia as it stressed that the player’s contractual agreement with the club is yet to lapsed.

The statement read, “Sunshine Stars FC (SSFC) wishes to inform the general public particularly the Clubs in the NPFL about its player, Israel Abia who is presently AWOL.

“Abia has been away from the Club since Sunday without an official leave, while the rest of the group remained in Akure to continue preparations for the upcoming NPFL matches at the turn of the New Year.

“Consequently, Sunshine Stars warn that any Club or agent approaching Abia for the purpose of transfer without the Club’s approval faces the risk of a lawsuit, as the Player is contracted to Sunshine Stars FC.”

EPL: Unai Emery reveals one Arsenal player who didn’t say goodbye to him when he was sacked
 December 31, 2019

Former Arsenal manager, Unai Emery, has revealed one of his former players that did not say goodbye to him when he was sacked at the Emirates Stadium.

Emery was sacked in November after a poor run of form which saw Arsenal slip further adrift of top four finish.

Arsenal said the decision to sack the former PSG boss was “taken due to results and performances not being at the level required.”

The Spaniard revealed that midfielder Lucas Torreira was the only Arsenal player who did not to say goodbye to him.

Torreira played almost every game during Emery’s first season following a £27million move from Sampdoria in 2018.

Speaking in an interview with Guillem Balague, Emery spoke about Torreira when discussing the moment he was sacked.

“It all happened on a Friday morning I was told. We said goodbye to the footballers,” he said.

“I told Raul that I’d prefer the footballers to come to me individually instead of me going to the changing room and making a speech.

“And they all came, apart from Lucas Torreira. He couldn’t make it but left us a message.

“He was receiving a massage at that moment but all the players came. I also got messages from Koscielny and from Welbeck and I thank them all. But now is the time to go home.”

Emery was also asked about Arsenal’s decision to appoint Mikel Arteta as his successor.
“He really is prepared to make that next jump,” said Emery.

“He has been at Arsenal before, he’s been in the Premier League and he has been working with Pep Guardiola. I do believe this is a good decision and I would also like it to be a good decision.”

EPL: Solskjaer speaks on playing Pogba against Arsenal on New Year’s Day

December 31, 2019

Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has hinted that Paul Pogba could make a return to his squad, for their New Year’s Day clash at Arsenal.

Pogba made a return prior to Christmas against Watford, but was missing again when United saw off Burnley 2-0 in their last fixture.

Solskjaer, speaking to the media on Tuesday, explained that the 26-year-old was only being rested.

Quizzed on whether the France midfielder will form part of his plans for the game at the Emirates, the Norwegian said: “Yeah, I would think so.”

He added on why Pogba missed out against Burnley: “When you’ve been out for a while, it’s always going to take time to be 100 per cent.

“He just needed another day, probably, of recovery.”

Scott McTominay is the only notable absentee for United, although Ashley Young and Axel Tuanzebe also sat out a training session on Monday.