The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forums
SPORTS UPDATE - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://contripeople.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Thread: SPORTS UPDATE (/showthread.php?tid=23211)

RE: SPORTS UPDATE - Edoman - 12-10-2019

[Image: Al2Ngxn9.jpeg]

2' 

SPORT
[color=var(--atc)]EPL: What Mesut Ozil said after Arsenal’s 3-1 win over West Ham United

Arsenal playmaker, Mesut Ozil, has reacted to his side’s Premier League 3-1 victory over West Ham United at the London Stadium on Monday night.
[/color]

Arsenal went in 1-0 down at half-time, thanks to Angelo Ogbonna’s deflected header.

But Gabriel Martinelli fired the Gunners level, before Nicolas Pepe and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang added two more goals to give Freddie Ljunberg’s all three points against the hosts.

Reacting to Arsenal’s win over West Ham, Ozil in a tweet on his official Twitter handle, admitted that there was still a lot of work Arsenal needed to do going forward despite beating Mauel Pellegrini’s men.

He wrote: “Finally a reason to smile again … a little bit!
“That winning feeling is back. How I’ve missed you!! But of course we all know that there’s still a lot of work in front of us #YaGunnersYa #M1Ö #COYG @Arsenal @premierleague.”

Arsenal will now take on Manchester City in their next Premier League fixture on Sunday at the Emirates Stadium.

[Image: freddie-ljungberg-arsenal-1.jpg]
2' 

SPORT
[color=var(--atc)]EPL: What Ljunberg told Arsenal players during half time of 3-1 win at West Ham

December 10, 2019

Arsenal interim manager, Freddie Ljunberg, told his players to play with a higher tempo, after a poor first-half performance against West Ham.
[/color]

The Gunners went in 1-0 down at the break, thanks to Angelo Ogbonna’s deflected header.

But Gabriel Martinelli fired Arsenal level, before Nicolas Pepe and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang added more goals.

“We feel good. I think we played well in the second half so we are happy to win this game,” Aubameyang told Sky Sports.

“We tried to put some tempo in the game and to play fast and find spaces, and we did that.

“At half-time, Freddie [Ljunberg] told us to play with a higher tempo. It was tough but we have the quality in the squad, and if we believe in ourselves, we can go forward and win games.

“We will take this second half as an example for the rest of the season.”

Quote:
Ronaldo Jr Wins Tournament, Named Best Striker

Cristiano Ronaldo's son seems to be following in his famous father's footsteps, and he has now won a youth tournament with Juventus' U9 side and was named the best striker.

Cristiano Jr made headlines earlier in the year after his incredible goalscoring exploits were pointed out.

By the end of October, he was sitting on 58 goals and had a further 18 assists in just 28 appearances this season.

He has now added to his brilliant campaign by winning the "Cavour Trophy" after beating Chieri 3-2 in the final.

Ronaldo's eldest son, who scored three goals at the tournament, was named the best striker, as Giovani Bianconeri, who covers Juventus' youth teams, pointed out.

As a consequence, his father posted a picture of Cristiano Jr and the best striker trophy on Instagram, along with the captain: "I'm a proud daddy".

Source: https://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/articles/international/categories/messi-ronaldo-neymar-watch-1/cristiano-ronaldo-jr-wins-tournament-named-best-striker/669083?gallery=669083&gallery-page=6

[Image: 10707173_elsielax0aer9u6_jpeg_jpegf691fd...f5a10038b1]
[Image: 10707174_elsienowsaanmhb_jpeg_jpege7629b...7f7241b861]

Joshua dreams of title defence in Nigeria
December 10, 2019

[/url][Image: Joshua-with-his-father-Robert-after-recl...20x375.jpg]

ANTHONY Joshua has revealed his desire to defend his world heavyweight titles in Nigeria after his rematch win over Andy Ruiz Jr. on Saturday night  in the Clash of Dunes, reports Belfast Telegraph.

Joshua, who is of Nigerian heritage, was congratulated on his points success in Saudi Arabia by the country’s president, Muhammadu Buhari.

Joshua is expected to return to London to defend his titles against Kubrat Pulev but his promoter Eddie Hearn has received numerous offers to stage future bouts elsewhere.

The 30-year-old Joshua said he began to dream of a fight in Nigeria – which would be the first on the continent outside South Africa since the ‘Rumble in the Jungle’ in 1974 – after visiting the country earlier this year.

Joshua said: “People have been telling me I should go back for ages. It was crazy because they don’t have 24-hour electricity but they still know me and support me.

“I went to the ghettos of the ghettos where it’s not all about egos and beef, it’s about people who are hungry to survive.

“It was one of the best things I’ve done. Africa’s rooting for me for sure, so I would definitely love to fight out there.”

Joshua’s parents are both of Nigerian descent, and the fighter made a bid to represent the country at the 2008 Olympics, only to be turned down by boxing officials.

While a prospective bout in Nigeria remains a long-term ambition, Joshua revealed he has no intention of slackening off his training regime over Christmas.

He is expected to meet Pulev in a mandatory title defence in April or May before moving on to take on another commitment – possibly against Oleksandr Usyk – later in 2020.

Joshua added: “Five months from now, the belts go in the air and I have to defend them again.

“I am only the champion for months again, so I can’t get too caught up in the moment and have to stay focused on the task at hand, which is not staying undefeated any more, but staying champion for as long as possible.”

[url=https://www.addtoany.com/add_to/email?linkurl=https%3A%2F%2Fthenationonlineng.net%2Fjoshua-dreams-of-title-defence-in-nigeria%2F&linkname=Joshua%20dreams%20of%20title%20defence%20in%20Nigeria]

Quote:
Slovenian Club Sacks Nigerian Player For Impregnating President’s Daughter 

A Nigerian player has been fired by a club in Slovenia for impregnating the daughter of the president of the second division outfit after just six months with the side.

The player, whose name has been withheld, said he was fired for 'gross misconduct and indiscipline' over the pregnancy which he has claimed full responsibility.

Four Nigerians are registered with second tier clubs in Slovenia with Bede Osuji, Temitope Nelson, Gerald Chiyoke and Sulaiman Adedoja playing in that league but it is uncertain which of them is involved in the pregnancy issue.

The player, who fears public backlash over the situation, has returned to Nigeria after his ordeal and he is worried over the girlfriend and her pregnancy.

The player is considering FIFA action against the club following the decision to sack him over reasons he feels are unjustified after joining the club just in May.

"I signed a three year deal with the option of another year but last month I ran into trouble when my girlfriend who happens to be the daughter of the president said she was pregnant for me", he said.

"The club got to know about it and summoned me for a meeting. I got there and admitted that I am responsible for the pregnancy and I was told to stay at home and not to be seen around the club premises until I am instructed to return.

"A week later I was called to the office and told that my agent has been informed about their plans to terminate my contract for gross misconduct and indiscipline. The news came to me as a surprise because I have not been found wanting in any area since I arrived the club six months ago".

The Nigerian player says he is considering legal action at FIFA over the claims of the club that he went beyond the boundary set for players of the club.

"My agent called me up and said we should file a case with FIFA that he has a recording of the president saying my contract was terminated for having an affair with his daughter. She's an adult for God sake, we both love each other and decided to have a child.

"Now I don't know what will happen to her and the child since I'm back in Nigeria. They have forced her to block me on all social media platforms so we have not been communicating. The few friends I made at the club are also scared of speaking to me about her apparently they don't want to run into trouble with the team. I'm confused right now", he concluded.

Source: https://mobile.ghanasoccernet.com/slovenian-team-sacks-nigerian-player-for-impregnating-club-presidents-daughter

[Image: 10706075_109988928footballsnowgetty_jpeg...587257970c]

SPORT
PSG identify Premier League star as Neymar’s replacement

[Image: neymar.jpg]

French Ligue 1 champions, Paris Saint-Germain have reportedly identified Premier League star, Sadio Mane as forward, Neymar’s replacement at the club.

Neymar was linked with a move back to his former club, Barcelona all summer, but there was also speculation that La Liga rivals Real Madrid, would try to hijack any move.

In the end, Paris Saint-Germain superstar remained in Ligue 1, as no deal was struck.

However, France Football is now reporting that Mane is growing increasingly popular with PSG chiefs and they believe the Liverpool forward to be the “perfect” replacement for Neymar should the Brazilian force a move away from Parc des Princes in the nearest future.

Mane has been impressive for Liverpool so far this season, scoring nine goals in sixteen Premier League matches for the Reds this term.

The Senegal international helped Jurgen Klopp’s men to win the UEFA Champions League trophy last season and also helped his country to a second-place finish at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, in Egypt.

The former Southampton star will hope to lead Liverpool to victory when they take on Red Bull Salzburg in tonight’s UEFA Champions League fixtures.

RE: SPORTS UPDATE - Edoman - 12-11-2019

Carlo Ancelotti sacked by Napoli despite Champions League Qualification 

[Image: 5df083bbf085a.jpg]

Carlo Ancelotti has been sacked as manager of Napoli after their Tuesday's 4-0 victory over Genk which confirmed their place in the Champions League knockout stage.

"Napoli has decided to revoke the position of first-team coach from Carlo Ancelotti," the club said in a statement.

"The relationship of friendship, esteem and mutual respect between the club, its president Aurelio De Laurentiis and Carlo Ancelotti remain intact."

The former Chelsea coach is expected to be replaced by Gennaro Gattuso, who was fired by AC Milan at the end of last season.  Arsenal are also considering Ancelotti, to succeed Unai Emery, according to Sky in Italy.

Ancelotti began his managerial career at Reggiana in 1995 before moving to Parma a year later. 

The Italian who is considered as one of the top coaches in the World also coached Juventus, AC Milan, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich. 

RE: SPORTS UPDATE - Edoman - 12-12-2019

Gennaro Gattuso confirmed as Napoli new coach after Carlo Ancelotti sacking

[Image: 5df14639d6eb1.jpg]

Italian football legend, Gennaro Gattuso has been confirmed as the new coach of Serie A club Napoli following the sacking of Carlo Ancelotti.

The former Milan manager signed a six-month contract with Napoli and took training on Tuesday, less than 24 hours after Carlo Ancelotti was sacked after their Tuesday's 4-0 victory over Genk which confirmed their place in the Champions League knockout stage.

On joining, Gattuso said: 'The aim is to recoup points and get back into the Champions League positions.

'We need to work hard, win back points and come through this tricky period. It's embarrassing to see Napoli where we currently are in the table.

[Image: 5df14669e6c32.jpg]

'The team is aware of the difficult situation and wants to do well. I've been encouraged.' 

Gattuso is expected to bring in his close friend and former teammate Luigi Riccio as his assistant at Napoli.

The legendary midfielder also revealed that Ancelotti spoke to him on the phone, wishing him well in his new role. 

Gattuso said: 'Carlo Ancelotti is like a father to me. He's always been close to me and supported me. He's won it all and I still have a lot to prove.' 

[Image: 5df14693ab60d.jpg]

Anthony Joshua to present world championship belts to President Buhari

[Image: 5df1587e63cb7.PNG]

World boxing heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua will soon present his belts to President Buhari, a presidential aide disclosed on Wednesday in Abuja.  

Laolu Akande, the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on Media and Publicity, Office of the Vice President, made the disclosure while briefing State House correspondents on behalf of the Minister of Sports, Sunday Dare.  

The briefing took place after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting presided over by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Wednesday, December 11th in Abuja. Akande, however, said the date for the presentation of the belts was yet to be fixed.
Quote:“The Minister of Sports announced that Anthony Joshua will be presenting his belts to the President in a matter of days.  
“The Council members also expressed appreciation for the gift of books from the Vice President which has become an annual tradition,’’ he said.
Joshua recently defeated Mexican-American boxer, Andy Ruiz Jr., through a unanimous points decision in Saudi Arabia on Sunday.  The victory helped him to reclaim the IBF, WBO, WBA and IBO heavyweight world championship belts he lost to Ruiz Jr. in June

Europa League: Six Arsenal players out with injury ahead of Standard Liege clash

December 11, 2019

[Image: arsenal2.png]

Arsenal will be without up to six players, when they take on Standard Liege in the Europa League on Thursday, SportsMail reports.

Left-back Kieran Tierney could be out for up to three months, after he suffered a dislocated shoulder in Monday’s 3-1 win at West Ham.

The win against the Hammers, saw the Gunners end a nine-match run without a victory, but a number of players suffered knocks.

Hector Bellerin was withdrawn from the line-up ahead of kick-off with a tight hamstring and will not travel to Belgium.

Granit Xhaka suffered concussion during the game at the London Stadium and will miss the next two fixtures.

Club-record signing Nicolas Pepe also suffered a bruised knee, which means he could miss Sunday’s game against Manchester City, having already been ruled out of the Liege clash.

Dani Ceballos remains sidelined with a hamstring issue and Arsenal also confirmed Rob Holding would be absent for around two weeks as he recovers from a minor knee complaint.

PORT
EPL: Ancelotti in shock move to coach another Premier League club

December 11, 2019

[Image: skysports-carlo-ancelotti-bayern-munich_4291419.jpg]
Former Napoli coach, Carlo Ancelotti is set to become the permanent manager of Premier League side, Everton.

DAILY POST had reported on Tuesday that Carlo Ancelotti was sacked by Napoli after their 4-0 victory over Genk in the UEFA Champions League.

According to Sky Sport in Italy, Everton are now willing to appoint Ancelotti as their next permanent manager following the sacking of Marco Silva earlier this month.

The newspaper reports that Ancelotti is favourite to take charge at Goodison Park ahead of former Manchester United manager, David Moyes.

Everton are currently in search of a permanent manager after they sacked Marcos Silva and appointed Ferguson to temporarily take charge at Goodison Park earlier this month.

[/url]
Ancelotti, a former Chelsea manager, has won League titles in England, France, Italy and Germany.

The Italian has also coached Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus, AC Milan and Paris Saint-Germain.

[url=https://dailypost.ng/sport-news/]SPORT

SPORT
EPL: Arteta gives condition to become new Arsenal manager

December 11, 2019

[Image: mikel-arteta-3.jpg]

Manchester City assistant coach, Mikel Arteta, is very interested in taking over at Arsenal, but wants guarantees from the board, before engaging in further talks, according to the UK Sun.

The Gunners are looking for a replacement for Unai Emery, who was fired at the end of last month.

Freddie Ljunberg has been installed on a temporary basis.

Arsenal are still on the hunt for a permanent successor to Emery, with as many as 10 candidates likely to be interviewed.

Arteta is however the favourite to land the job.

But he is seeking assurances over the nature of the project at Arsenal, before going any further.

The Spaniaard wants a guarantee over what is on offer and their plans for the club.

[Image: Daily_Post_Logo_Transparent_200x30-1.png]

PORT
Chelsea coach, Lampard sends message to Ancelotti after being sacked by Napoli

December 11, 2019

[Image: 0_JS194255611.jpg]

Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard has paid his tribute to Carlo Ancelotti after he was sacked by Napoli.

DAILY POST had reported on Tuesday that Carlo Ancelotti was sacked by Napoli after their 4-0 victory over Genk.

Lampard who played under Ancelotti at Chelsea, believes the Italian ‘can work anywhere in the world at the top level’.

Speaking after Chelsea defeated Lille 2-1 in the Champions League on Tuesday night, Lampard was quoted by Football London as telling reporters: “I have huge respect for him [Carlo Ancelotti], I am very sorry for him.

“I know it was a tough job for him lately.

“I saw his interview before the game and I thought it was a very typically classy interview in what seemed a very tough time for him. He always handles himself brilliantly.

“I think he can work anywhere in the world at the top level, of course.”

SPORT

Barcelona’s Ansu Fati sets new Champions League goalscoring record

December 11, 2019

[Image: mini_2019-09-14-BARCELONA-VALENCIA-16.jpeg]

Barcelona forward, Ansu Fati, on Tuesday became the youngest player to score in the Champions League, when he netted the winner against Inter Milan on Tuesday.

Fati came off the bench at the San Siro, to score in the 87th minute to seal a 2-1 victory.

Aged 17 years, 40 days, the goal sees Fati take the record from Peter Ofori-Quaye, who was 17 years, 194 days old, when he scored his first Champions League goal for Olympiacos in 1997.

“I’ve just been told [I have broken the record]. I am super happy with the goal and with the win,” Fati told reporters after the match.

“It’s a dream. Everything seems to be happening so quickly. It’s just about enjoying myself and learning from the best. Every time I get a chance, I will try to take it, either by scoring goals or by working hard.”

Describing the goal, Fati said: “I gave the ball to Suarez, and he gave it back to me. And when I scored, I was surprised because the whole stadium was silent. I was thinking: ‘What have I just done?’ But I am really happy.”

SPORT

SPORT
EPL: Rio Ferdinand names better striker between Rashford, Tammy Abraham
 December 11, 2019

[Image: Rio-Ferdinand.jpg]

Former England defender, Rio Ferdinand, has said Tammy Abraham’s position currently gives him an edge over Marcus Rashford.

The strikers are both in form at Chelsea and Manchester United respectively this season.

Abraham netted his 13th goal of the season in all competitions, as Chelsea beat Lille 2-1 at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday.

Rashford has the same number of strikes so far this term, already matching his best tally for a campaign.
But Ferdinand believes Abraham currently has the edge in the battle of the 22-year-olds.

“He’s going to score a tremendous amount of goals because what he does is he wants to be in between the sticks, he wants to be in the centre of the goals to score goals,” he told BT Sport.
“He’s somebody who’s hungry and got a desire to score.

“It’s a very good finish, it’s clean and clinical. He makes it look easy, it’s not an easy finish.

“What I love about Tammy is his first instinct, his first thought is ‘get me in there, get me in there to hurt the opposition, get me in there to score goals’.

“It’s the positioning, some people will tell [Marcus] Rashford to get in that position and he’ll score five, six, seven, eight goals a season more.

“This kid here, that’s all he wants to do, that’s an element of his game that doesn’t need working on. He’s scored goals at every level and he’s brought it into the first team.”

[Image: Daily_Post_Logo_Transparent_200x30-1.png]

Pitch Invader Grabs Cristiano Ronaldo By The Neck In Juve Win

Cristiano Ronaldo was clearly furious at a pitch invader who grabbed his neck after Juventus' 2-0 win against Bayern Leverkusen, MySportDab reports.

The fan approached Ronaldo from the back and just grabbed his neck in an attempt to take a selfie after the final whistle.

He was immediately taken away by the stadium steward and Ronaldo was unhappy about this incident.

The Portuguese appeared to say 'Are You Crazy?' to the fan before being taken away.

It marked the second time Ronaldo was approached by a pitch invader in the same match but had avoided the first fan.

Juventus won the match 2-0 thanks to goals from Ronaldo and Higuian.

Watch the video..

https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1204902868215455744?s=19

[Image: 10717657_2019121207_12_56_jpeg765fc6078d...a9a7c7d525]
[Image: 10717658_20191212065518_jpeg55cf7b745bc0...4e034b2a8b]
[Image: 10717659_20191212065522_jpegff8fd5ce8aa3...fc830fd87a]
[Image: 10717660_20191212065524_jpegfd873814c394...6cb608d73e]

Odion Ighalo Lifting Up Chinese FA Cup Trophy With Shanghai Shenhua

Nigeria forward Odion Ighalo was in action as Shangahi Shenhua defeated Shandong Luneng 3-0 at the Hongkou Football Stadium some days ago to win the Chinese FA Cup title.
Shanghai Shenhua won the contest 3-1 on aggregate having lost the first leg 1-0.

The flower Of Shangahi have now won the FA Cup trophy five times.

Ighalo, who started the game on the bench took the place of Kim Shin- Wook in the 67th minute.

Shin-Wook gave Shanghai Shenhua the lead on the hour mark.

Stephane El Shaarawy got the second goal in the 81st minute, while Gabonese midfielder Alexander N’Doumbou added the third seven minutes from time.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/12/12/photos-of-odion-ighalo-lifting-up-chinese-fa-cup-trophy-with-shanghai-shenhua/

[Image: 10717811_img20191212074905_jpeg9c5a4f123...34584c4a14]
[Image: 10717812_img20191212074844_jpeg7669c8b72...00c731d76d]
[Image: 10717814_img20191212074858_jpeg02021da6a...bc99f17ada]
[Image: 10719101_10717833img20191212074834jpeg95...e0028a95ce]

Zidane: The UCL Draw? If We Play Liverpool, We Will Eliminate Them

Zinedine Zidane joked his Real Madrid side would have no issues beating last season's winners Liverpool in the last 16 of the Champions League.

The La Liga giants had already secured their knockout berth before their 3-1 win over Club Brugge on Wednesday and can now turn their attention to the draw for the next stage, which takes place on Monday.

Madrid finished second in Group A, five points behind Paris Saint-Germain, which means they will be drawn against the winners of another group, potentially Jurgen Klopp's Premier League leaders Liverpool.

Asked if the Reds were a team to be avoided, Zidane smiled and said: "If we play Liverpool, we will eliminate them."

More soberly, he added: "We can't do anything about the draw."

Source:https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/12/real-madrid-boss-zinedine-zidane-promises-eliminate-liverpool-ahead-champions-league-draw-11782675/amp/

[Image: 10718859_1576148695208_jpega3a837fbb3113...c94089debe]

RE: SPORTS UPDATE - Edoman - 12-13-2019

Gernot Rohr impressed by new Super Eagles & Bordeaux striker Josh Maja, lauds his versatility.

[Image: 5df3606a4c9fa.jpg]

Super Eagles Head coach Gernot Rohr has revealed he is impressed by the versatility of Bordeaux young star Josh Maja, making the case for the former Sunderland striker that he is very capable of playing in three offensive positions.

[Image: 5df3609bae1c7.jpeg]

Maja was given his international debut by Rohr when he replaced Victor Osimhen in Nigeria's 2-2 draw with Ukraine in September and in October and November, he scored 4 goals, 2 assists) in 8 matches, including a hat-trick vs Nimes in the French league.

Now Rohr has revealed the Super Eagles player has been watched by the NFF technical team since he played in the English League one, before he made the transition to the French Premiership.

''He was on our list of players to watch, he was already attracting our attention, although he was only playing in League One, because our scouts were studying him closely from England ....,'' Rohr to So Foot.

''This is not a chance, he seized his chance with the various injuries of his teammates, and his hat-trick is part of the progression he displays.''

''And when he arrived in Bordeaux, he was not alone: ??there was another Nigerian, Samuel Kalu. So his integration, carried out in good working conditions and surrounded by a good staff, was facilitated.

''It could only move in the right direction. Above all he is quite versatile, on the offensive side: he can play at the three front positions, in a system with two or three attackers.''
[Image: icon_share.png]

RE: SPORTS UPDATE - Edoman - 12-13-2019

SPORT
EPL: Fellaini speaks on joining Mourinho at Tottenham

December 13, 2019

[Image: marouane-fellaini-belgium-2018_1pf6hht8o...dw6rlw.jpg]

Shandong Luneng midfielder, Marouane Fellaini, has ruled out a January move to Tottenham, amid rumours of a reunion with former boss Jose Mourinho.

The Belgian currently plays for the Chinese Super League, whom he joined from Manchester United in February, two months after Mourinho was sacked at Old Trafford.

The pair developed a close relationship during their time at Old Trafford, sparking rumours Mourinho would seek to bring him to North London.
“Jose is special for me.

“We text each other, we call each other from time to time.

“He’s taken over at Spurs and he’s doing well. I wish him all the best, but I am good where I am now,” Fellaini told Eleven Sports.

Fellaini scored seven goals in 22 appearances during his debut campaign in China as Shandong Luneng finished fifth in the table

SPORT