The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forums
SPORTS UPDATE - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://contripeople.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Thread: SPORTS UPDATE (/showthread.php?tid=23211)

RE: SPORTS UPDATE - Edoman - 12-06-2019

Chelsea can sign players in January after having their Fifa transfer ban reduced following an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

The Premier League side were given a two-window ban by Fifa in February for breaching rules on signing young players.

Cas halved the ban to one window, which was served during the summer.

It also reduced the fine for the London club from 600,000 to 300,000 Swiss francs (£230,000).

Chelsea play Everton on Saturday (12:30 GMT) and manager Frank Lampard said talk of transfers at the club was now "a discussion we can take up".

"It's a positive outcome for us," he said. "It allows us the potential to look at the market going forward.

"So I'm pleased from a footballing level. It was never my business to get involved in the reasons why or the legal side of it."

Chelsea were given a transfer ban after 150 rule breaches involving 69 academy players over several seasons, according to the judgement published by Fifa.

Cas found that the Blues "did violate" rules "related to the international transfer of minors" and "to the first registration of minors" but "for a significantly smaller number of players" amounting to "about a third of the violations found by Fifa".

The Cas verdict added: "In addition, the violations of other RSTP (Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players) rules were found to be less serious than those attributed to Chelsea by Fifa."

Details of the case which was recently published on a Fifa legal website showed Chelsea claimed many academy players were only triallists and did not play in organised matches.

Chelsea lodged an appeal to Cas against the Fifa punishment, which was also prompted by an investigation into the Premier League club's signing of foreign under-18 players.

Fifa bans the transfer of under-18s to different countries unless the moves meet strict criteria, such as the parents moving to the country for non-footballing reasons.

The rules were introduced to help protect children from exploitation and trafficking.

Chelsea will be gratified at the conclusion that their transgressions were nowhere near as severe as they originally seemed.

Clearly, Frank Lampard has most reason to celebrate.

It would be wrong to say he hasn't had any new players. Christian Pulisic might have been signed from Borussia Dortmund in January but he only joined the Blues in the summer. In addition, Chelsea officials took advantage of a clause in Mateo Kovacic's loan from Real Madrid to turn that in a permanent deal.

But now he can make the additions he wants.

The question is, after doing far better than most outsiders expected, and with his side looking good for a top-four spot, will Lampard risk disrupting the squad dynamic by signing players next month?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50668975

[Image: 10689557_110012578lampardpa_jpeg59294f37...65d493e620]

RE: SPORTS UPDATE - Edoman - 12-07-2019

Joshua Vs Ruiz 2 : Mike Tyson, Deontay Wilder, Lennox Lewis, Tyson Fury & other heavyweight boxers give their thoughts on tonight's 'fight of the year'

[Image: 5deb8f9c99efd.jpg]

Ahead of tonight's boxing match of the year between Anthony Joshua and Andy Ruiz Jr, heavyweight boxers both current and retired have come out to give their thoughts on the must see match tagged 'clash of the Dunes' in Saudi Arabia

Ruiz shocked the boxing world when he beat Joshua in the 7th round in June to take over Joshua's four heavyweight belts, changing his life forever in the process.

In Friday's weight in, Ruiz weighed almost a stone heavier while Joshua weighed a stone lighter and while rivals like Wilder and Fury believe Ruiz will beat Joshua, boxing legend Mike Tyson believes anyone will win..
Below are thoughts from the heavyweight boxing champions in a match that a lose or win for any of the fighters will have dramatic implications on their career.

[Image: 5deb8fb5b62df.jpg]
Deontay Wilder
Wilder said: “I really believe Andy’s gonna go in there and do it again.

“When I look at the first fight and I see certain things as a fighter, a lot of red flags that alert me. And if that same mindset and momentum goes into the second fight, Andy Ruiz is going to win that easily.

“I’d prefer him to win because we’re in the same stable. When he wins we have the opportunity to unify the division. If Joshua wins, I don’t think that’s gonna be.

“He got knocked down four times, and then he quit. That is huge for me. On the outside looking in, to see how that fight occurred and everything that was going on, I think he’s going to be fighting his demons inside of that ring, not just Ruiz.

“I know he’s trying to cancel out a lot of things in his mind, especially, including me, his biggest and ultimate rival.
I think Ruiz has the momentum to go in and do it again. It definitely was a big confidence builder and a booster for him to win that first one, especially after getting put on his ass and getting back up and then to put Joshua down four times. It changed his life.
“But coming [out with a win] in the rematch can change his life forever. And for those reasons, I’m leaning towards Ruiz.

Dillian Whyte
Whyte, promoted by Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn,  said: “I think it’s a great fight just like the first one was.
“Everyone was overlooking Andy Ruiz in the first fight, even I thought Joshua was gonna knock Ruiz out in six rounds…

“The great thing is he has a chance to put everything that was wrong right.
“He’s British, he’s my competitor and he’s my rival, I’m gonna back him. Hopefully he wins and I want him to win.
“It’s good for British boxing, he’s done a lot for British boxing, he’s unified the division and all that.
“He’s a young man just like me, he’s doing well and he’s doing his thing. Hopefully he does win.
“I think he should just do what he normally does, but just work on his jab a bit more. He doesn’t need to go out there and start trying to move and do this, he’s never done that before and I think if he does that he will gas.
“Being on the back foot, Joshua’s not a good back-foot fighter, he’s a come-forward fighter and he’s quite forceful.
“His power and his size and his physical condition is what usually wears a lot of these guys down you know.”
He added: “I want to see him [Joshua] succeed and he definitely wants to see me succeed as well, definitely. We’re both young guys doing well, who have come from nothing.”
Tyson Fury
Tyson, a  British boxer like Joshua, said on the True Geordie Podcast “Andy Ruiz is a little fat pig, comes in on three weeks’ notice, murdered every donut and taco in California and then goes in with a man who’s had a 12-week training camp with every sports scientist in the United Kingdom.
“But the little fat fella goes in there and bowls him over in seven rounds…
“I see it going pretty much similar to the first fight.
“I know that they've both lost weight, they’ve had more time to prepare, they’ve changed a few things in their training teams and all that.
“They’ll have different approaches and they’ll try different game plans, but Mike Tyson said it: ‘Everyone’s got a great game plan until thy get punched in the face.’
“You can be working on something for ages, you work on it, work on it, work on it, and you get tagged and that’s it.
“You go back to how you once was and you wanna fight.
“They’re both big strong men and they both can knock each other out, but he beat him once and knocked him out, so he’s got a mental edge going into that rematch.
“You’re going into that mentally beaten already because you’ve already been knocked out…
“Everybody has a bogeyman in their career. Whether you find him or not, everybody’s got one. I think personally he may be the bogeyman for him, who knows?”

Luis Ortiz
Ortiz said: “It’s Andy Ruiz’s time to step up and show up, show it wasn’t no fluke.
“He should be able to do it as long as his mind’s in the right place.
“I’m not 100 per cent sure, Joshua is gonna probably come to do a little more boxing, a little more leg work and not just meet him in the middle of the ring.
“So that makes it a little bit of a tougher fight for Andy, but you never know between two punchers.
“Obviously Andy’s not a huge puncher, but he’s big enough to knock out Joshua, so anything can happen.”

Lennox Lewis
Lewis said: “If they don’t fix what is wrong with Joshua, Ruiz Jr wins that fight hands down.
“It must be mental as he didn’t look the same coming to the ring as he usually looked.
“Hopefully it will come out in the future. Joshua made it easy for Ruiz Jr because he wasn’t fully there.”
David Haye
“Questions have been asked over whether Anthony Joshua has had enough time between the two fights with Andy Ruiz Jr to make the improvements needed to win the rematch.
“Judging by his performance back in June, AJ has had plenty to work on, but I believe he has had time on his side. A fighter can change significantly during a 12-week training camp. In fact, it has been much longer than that as this fight would have dominated the thinking of Joshua since the summer.
“Anthony would have been thinking non-stop about the rematch, about what he could have done better first time out, if given the opportunity. We will see the fruits of that hard work on Saturday. Word around the campfire is that AJ has lost a lot of muscle bulk and is looking at throwing significantly more punches.
“He has also been working on tightening up his defence and that should be much better than it was in New York. Joshua is going to be switched on and as prepared as we have ever seen him for a fight. I’m certainly looking forward to seeing this new and improved version of Anthony.
“If Joshua is able to win build up a lead in the first half of the fight, I expect Ruiz to change his approach and take more risks. In which case, Joshua will have a very good chance of stopping the champion in the later rounds, between 10 and 12.”
Mike Tyson
“I don’t know [what will happen in the rematch] because anything is possible.
“They’re both great human beings, I like both of them personally, but this is a fight and I just hope the best man wins.
“It doesn’t matter about your style, your technique, or size, it’s the morality in the fight.
“You can have this [good] technique but if you’ve got no zest, no morality, no guts, you’re nothing. Your style means nothing. It’s all about morality, the desire and the will.”

[Image: icon_share.png]
by 

RE: SPORTS UPDATE - Edoman - 12-07-2019

SPORT
SPORT

Anthony Joshua vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Mourinho predicts winner of rematch

[Image: Anthony-Joshua-vs-Andy-Ruiz-Jr-1.jpg]

Tottenham Hotspur manager, Jose Mourinho has backed British fighter, Anthony Joshua to beat Mexican-American fighter, Andy Ruiz Jr in their heavyweight rematch.

Ruiz stunned the boxing world when he knocked Joshua down four times before stopping him in the seventh round of their heavyweight world title fight in June.

The 30-year-old will put his three belts back on the line in the rematch when they clash in the desert of Saudi Arabia tonight.

Speaking ahead of his side’s Premier League clash against Burnley on Saturday evening, Mourinho, who insisted that he was invited to watch Joshua’s heavyweight rematch with Ruiz Jr by Saudi Prince Mohammad bin Salman, was quoted by the Sun UK as saying: “That’s the only bad thing for me in getting the job at Tottenham – that I’m not going to be there.

“I was invited by the Prince to be there, but I prefer to be in the match against Burnley.”

Pushed as to whether he expected a Joshua victory, Mourinho replied: “I’m not an expert. I just love the sport. I like Anthony very much because he’s a great kid and I hope he wins. But in sport you can lose. So let’s see.”

RE: SPORTS UPDATE - Edoman - 12-08-2019

Anthony Joshua regains his heavyweight titles!
Joshua wins by unanimous decision! The judges had
it 118-110, 118-110 and 119-109

first round

Ruiz is in gold trunks and Joshua in white. The crowd has warmed up a little. As predicted Joshua is keeping his opponent at a distance, controlling the centre of the ring. Joshua gets in the first significant blow of the fight - a right to Ruiz’s temple. There’s already blood above Ruiz’s left eye.
Guardian’s unofficial score: Joshua 10-9 Ruiz (Joshua 10-9 Ruiz)

Second round

The vaseline goes on Ruiz’s cut. He doesn’t look too worried, but even though Joshua won that first round, the Briton was a lot more cautious than he was in the first fight when his aggression got him in trouble. Two nice jabs from Ruiz, his best shots of the fight. Joshua focusing on that area with the cut and it’s reopened early in the round. .Joshua focusing on that area with the cut and it’s reopened early in the round. And then a right from Joshua from close range, but Joshua is bleeding now too.

Guardian’s unofficial score: Joshua 10-9 Ruiz (Joshua 20-18 Ruiz)

[Image: 10696321_4572_jpeg63660ea2d041151fcfc4d6beb1b811b2]

Round 3

Third round
Ruiz has said he expects Joshua to go for it in the opening rounds, so I wouldn’t take too much from the Briton edging the first two. “I think he will box around nicely for four or five rounds until I take the pressure to him, start hitting his body and mixing it up,” said Ruiz this week.

The stats say, Joshua has landed 18 punches to Ruiz’s nine. Joshua looks almost skinny and he’s able to leap back from Ruiz’s jabs. Joshua gets a hook to Ruiz’s body at the end of the round. Not as emphatic from the Briton, but he edged that round.

Guardian’s unofficial score: Joshua 10-9 Ruiz (Joshua 30-27 Ruiz)

[Image: 10696318_3810_jpeg46679a464c3a6586791b40c2a74c80ab]

Round 4
Fourth round

Joshua is in control, but Ruiz – at 280lbs – is so dangerous if he gets a big blow in, the challenger can’t afford to let his concentration slip. Joshua has consistently attacked Ruiz at the end of these rounds, and he does so against in the fourth. But Ruiz gets a punch in in the clinch and rocks Joshua for the first time. I’m giving that round to Ruiz, just.

Guardian’s unofficial score: Joshua 9-10 Ruiz (Joshua 39-37 Ruiz)

[Image: 10696334_3068_jpeg1ac67054ed7ebb3950801580809529df]

Round 5
21:38

Fifth round
That cut has reopened above Ruiz’s left eye. Joshua still in control but he’s not going into Ruiz’s body, and is maybe a little one-dimensional. He smiles to himself as he lands a couple of hard jabs to Ruiz’s head.

Guardian’s unofficial score: Joshua 10-9 Ruiz (Joshua 49-46 Ruiz)

Round 6
Sixth round

Ruiz predicted that he’d let Joshua dance and jab for the first rounds before going in and causing damage, but the Briton hasn’t let him inside all fight ... so far. Joshua gets in close and delivers a blow to Ruiz’s body. It does damage but Ruiz will have no problem with the challenger getting in where he can do damage to him. Ruiz looks slow, and who knows how that extra 15lbs he’s put on since June will tell as the fight wears on.

Guardian’s unofficial score: Joshua 10-9 Ruiz (Joshua 59-55 Ruiz)

[Image: 10696314_3500_jpegc2fa7141342d3de26517c7d4e8e55429]

Round 7
Seventh round

Compubox says that 93% of the fight has been fought at distance, a clear advantage to the taller Joshua. I can barely remember a clinch so far. Joshua gets in a few hooks and for a moment breaks from the plan and darts in to do damage from close range. But he springs back before Ruiz can do damage.

Guardian’s unofficial score: Joshua 10-9 Ruiz (Joshua 69-64 Ruiz)

Round 8

A few more rounds of this and Ruiz will need a KO to retain his title. It’s been clever, disciplined boxing from Joshua so far. No mean feat, when you’re thirsting for revenge and there’s the nagging desire to go in and finish the fight quickly. Ruiz looks frustrated and finally does some damage, landing a blow on the top of Joshua’s head. That’s the most damage he’s done to his opponent tonight.

Guardian’s unofficial score: Joshua 9-10 Ruiz (Joshua 78-74 Ruiz)

[Image: 10696329_2976_jpegdeb3540004dbd0340e98d620abdbe623]

Round 9
Ninth round

How does Joshua react after being shaken for the first time? Will he retain his discipline? He probably has this fight if he can continue to keep his man at distance. Joshua lands two good blows and dances out again before Ruiz can counter. He’s learned lessons from the first fight.

Guardian’s unofficial score: Joshua 10-9 Ruiz (Joshua 88-83 Ruiz)

Round 10
Tenth round

There’s been plenty of talk about Ruiz’s conditioning but he looks far from punched out after 10 grueling rounds. That said, Joshua looks the more sprightly of the two. A pretty cagey round, with neither man opening themselves up - possibly saving their best for the final two.

Guardian’s unofficial score: Joshua 10-9 Ruiz (Joshua 99-92 Ruiz)

Round 11
Eleventh round

Joshua snaps another jab into Ruiz, if he regains the title that jab will be a huge part of his victory. He’s held off his dangerous, shorter opponent so well all night. Ruiz, who is behind on points, has done very little in these last few rounds to go for a finish.

Guardian’s unofficial score: Joshua 10-9 Ruiz (Joshua 108-101 Ruiz)

Round 12
Twelth round

From my viewpoint, Joshua just needs to survive this round. Ruiz gets in close and lands a few blows to Joshua’s body but Joshua counters seconds later with a big, big right. But he knows he doesn’t need the KO and the Briton dances away. Ruiz smiles to himself as he swings away in the final few seconds but they don’t threaten Joshua. He is an all probability, the champion again.

Guardian’s unofficial score: Joshua 10-9 Ruiz (Joshua 118-110 Ruiz

Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo reveals he told Chelsea's Tomori to choose Nigeria over England

[Image: 5dec0c93e14da.jpg]

Former Chelsea and current Super Eagles of Nigeria defender Kenneth Omeruo has revealed that he asked Chelsea starlet Fikayo Tomori to play for Nigeria before he eventually decided to play for Gareth Southgate's England.
                                    [Image: 5dec0cd415685.jpg]
  [Image: 5dec0d0908e85.jpg]

Both Tomori and Omeruo were once Chelsea players before Omeruo was sold to CD Leganes in Spain this season having been deemed unwanted by Frank Lampard. 

According to Omeruo who was on loan last season, he and all players on loan incuding Tomori had a whatsapp group where messages were constantly exchanged.

Tomori is now the third Chelsea player of Nigerian decent after Ross Barkley and Tammy Abraham to be capped by England.

Tomori, who has been capped once by England was cajoled to play for Nigeria but finally caved in to the English FA according to Omeruo..

''Tomori was a bit younger but he has really improved a lot. Unfortunately for him he chose England. I wanted him to play for Nigeria! ' Omeruo said to The Sun UK

''(The WhatsApp messages) were good, the boys could catch up and share videos whenever a player made it into team of the week or was man of the match. That was a good connection.''

Anthony Joshua defeats Andy Ruiz to reclaim his world heavyweight titles

[Image: 5dec2816809c0.jpg]

Anthony Joshua has defeated Andy Ruiz Jr at the Diriyah Arena, Saudi Arabia to reclaim his IBF, WBA and WBO titles.

Joshua lost the titles to Ruiz in a shock June defeat in New York. With his victory, Joshua has joined greats such as Muhammad Ali, Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield on the list of heavyweights to reclaim world titles on the first attempt. 

Dominating from the outset, Joshua won by margins of 118-110 on two scorecards with the third judge making it 119-109.

See more photos from heavyweight boxing rematch as Anthony Joshua defeats Andy Ruiz to regain his titles

[Image: 5dec2b6d74e14.jpg]

Anthony Joshua defeated Andy Ruiz Jr in their world heavyweight title rematch which took place on Saturday Dec 7 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

The British-Nigerian boxer who suffered a shocking defeat to Andy Ruiz Jr back in June in New York City, regained his IBF, WBA and WBO titles as he defeated the Mexican-American boxer by unanimous decision.

[Image: 5dec2b0ccc6b0.jpg]

The bout which lasted until 12 rounds was scored 118-110, 118-110 and 119-109 by the judges. 

Speaking on his victory, Joshua said:  "I wanted to put on a boxing masterclass."
"First of all, thanks to god. The first time was so nice, I had to do it twice," he said. 
"I knew I could win this. This is about boxing, I’m used to knocking guys out.
"I gave the man his credit, I said I would correct myself, I respect Andy, But I wanted to put on a boxing masterclass.
"It’s the sweet science, it’s about hitting and not getting hit.
"No change in mentalist, stay hungry and stay humble. I’m going to remain humble in victory. Thanks to Ruiz and his family, thanks to Saudi, the fans and thanks to god and Eddie Hearn."

See more photos from the fight below.

[Image: 5dec2ae434056.jpg][Image: 5dec2b1e1e4e6.jpg][Image: 5dec2b2f7b25f.jpg][Image: 5dec2b409706b.jpg][Image: 5dec2b5c1c6e8.jpg]

Manchester City stunned 1-2 by Man United at home as Solksjaer gives Guardiola tactical schooling in mouth watering clash at Etihad

� � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � ��[Image: 5dec09b887809.jpg]

Two goals from Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial on Saturday night were enough to do all the magic as a tactically aware Manchester United defeated Manchester City 1-2� at the Etihad.

Guardiola confident of a victory, started the match with a 4-3-3 formation with Sterling, Jesus and Bernardo Silva his preferred front three while Man U. started with a pacy front three of Anthony Martial, Daniel James and Marcus Rashford.

Guardiola was hopeful of a win, while Solksjaer would have happily taken a draw if a genie gave him a draw at the beginning of the match-�but the god of football had other plans!
Solksjaer's front three partnership caused Man City's shaky back line of Walker, Stones, Fernandinho and the inexperienced Angelino all sort of problems in the first 30 minutes of the first half.

Martial, Rashford all had their chance to score and were either saved by the post or the goalkeeper Ederson.
� � � � � � � � � � � � � � ��[Image: 5dec09eca7d3f.jpg]

in the 23rd minute, Marcus Rashford opened the scoring from the penalty spot after being brought down by Bernardo Silva before�Anthony Martial made it 2-0 when he sent a fine left foot shot past Ederson in the 29th minute.�At the end of the first half Man City saw a penalty appeal rejected after Fred handled Kyle Walker's cross.

[Image: 5dec0a2775ab4.jpg]
Man city pounded, prodded, flexed and rigmaroled around United's defence but United were resolute and the first half ended 0-2.

[Image: 5dec0a85b1d98.jpg]
Manchester United's defensive acuteness and attacking verve on the counter was so mature and impressive that it was beginning to look like they will score more goals in the second half and with the time entering the last ten minutes, City were fighting for their life, with Guardiola visibly frustrated.
[Image: 5dec0b0fec6e8.jpg]
United nearing the last minutes of the game started playing more compactly and left only Rashford upfront but were soon broken in the 85th minute as Nicolas Otamendi headed home a late consolation after escaping the attentions of Aaron Wan-Bissaka..

[Image: 5dec0aa4dd569.jpg]

On this night, this special occasion, this Manchester derby, Man United coach Ole Gunnar Solksjaer proved he could be a tactical hero, and what better way to prove yourself than against one of the greatest coaches in the world, Pep Guardiola.

[Image: 5dec0acd080de.jpg]
[Image: 5dec0aee5385f.jpg]
2019 EPL Season�
Man City 1-2 Man United
�Ole Gunnar Solksjaer 1-0 Pep Guardiola�

Liverpool are now 14 points clear of the reigning champions Manchester City, a gap that has never been overturned before i Premier league history.

His mentality was to survive, he ran around the ring and was on his bike all day' - Deontay Wilder rips into Anthony Joshua after Andy Ruiz fight

[Image: 5decaa0bb92f6.jpeg]

WBC Heavyweight Champion of the world, Deontay Wilder has slammed Anthony Joshua for his "weak winning mentality" after the British-Nigerian boxer defeated Andy Ruiz on Saturday night in Saudi Arabia to reclaim his four heavyweight title.

Joshua, won with points and during the fight could be seen moving around the ring to avoid getting a knock out punch from Ruiz and Wilder has now slammed the boxer's tactics saying if he was the one that Ruiz had knocked out in the first fight, he would have put Ruiz's body on the ground, while also warning fans not to get their hopes up of a Joshua- Wilder rematch.

[Image: 5decaa4f0b680.jpg]

Wilder, told The Athletic on Sunday morning: “Joshua did what he had to do to get the win. He ran around the ring and was on his bike all day,
“Basically, he had Klitschko in the camp and he was a lot like Klitschko. That jab-grab-hold method. That’s all he did tonight.
“You want to dominate guys, man. Maybe I’m just too rough, too hard-core and too much of a dream for this time and era, maybe the world wants that nice s***.
“My mentality is so different from these other fighters. But when I think of myself as a champion, you want to come out there and whoop his ass.
“I’m not coming in, after losing to this guy, to just dance and grab and jab and hold. I’m going to show the world and convince them I am the very best and that no one is close to me.”
 “How can no-one say I’m not the very best in the world now?”
"I’ve given you what you pay for each and every time, especially when we’re talking about a heavyweight bout.
“Fans come to see knockouts. They come to see something dramatic, a body lying on the canvas, spread like it’s having birth. That’s what people want to see, and that’s my mentality.
“Joshua had many times he could’ve gone for the finish after he landed the right hand.
“When you land the right hand, you’ve tackled the distance.

When you land that punch, you know you’re in exact position for the second time around. But he was so hesitant… Joshua’s mentality was to survive. The Klitschko method.
“The difference is my mentality is that of a beast, a warrior, a king, an emperor, all those things.
“If he calls himself a king, he’s just on the nicer side of it. This is a brutal sport and that’s how I treat it. I ain’t showing no love for anybody in that ring.”

AJ declared after beating Ruiz that he will like to face Wilder but the American insisted: “I don’t think we’ll ever see a unification bout. We’ll never see it, and I don’t want people to get their hopes up on it because it’ll never happen.
“They couldn’t say anything about fighting me. They couldn’t mention my name. They went around me
“I’m too dangerous. You’ve seen what I do in the ring. I don’t play around
“And they know if Ruiz can get Joshua out of there, imagine. That’s why they stayed away from me.”

Andy Ruiz blames 'three months of partying' for defeat to Anthony Joshua in Saudi Arabia

[Image: 5dec794aca290.jpg]

Mexican-American boxer, Andy Ruiz who spearheaded one of the biggest upsets in boxing by defeating Anthony Joshua to win the world heavyweight titles in New York in June, has blamed his defeat in their rematch on three months of partying and celebration. 

The boxer who rolled out his excuses at the post match conference, said he partied, became overweight and undertrained for the rematch which took place in Saudi Arabia on Saturday December 7. 

Quote:Andy Ruiz said: "Three months of partying and celebrating affected me, what can I say?
"Being overweight, I wasn't fluid enough, I wasn't moving the way I wanted to move.
"I think if I'm lighter I'm going to let my hands go and be a completely different fighter."

When asked what he would have done differently if granted a rematch against Anthony Joshua, he said; 

Quote: "Listen to my coach. Listen to my dad. And take it more seriously.
"I'm OK, I'm just a little disappointed. I should have listened to them.
"I tried to do the training on my own. I should have listened to them more.
"There's no excuses...the partying and all that stuff got the best of me.
"For being out of shape I did pretty good, I took all his shots."

Ruiz recognized that he lost a wide decision to Joshua but said he holds a victory too. He said the scores are tied with one win apiece and he wants a trilogy bout. 

Quote: "I know for the third one I'm going to be a lot better."
He added: "There's a lot of responsibility being a champion of the world. I think the partying and all that stuff got the best of me. Next time it'll be a lot better."

Anthony Joshua cut Andy Ruiz in the first round of their rematch in Saudi Arabia, MySportDab reports.

A great right hand from the Brit opened a cut above the Mexican’s left eye.

Huge success there in the first round for AJ and he now has the cut to target for the remaining 11 rounds.

Ruiz answers with a strong double jab, which snaps Joshua's head back but he fires back with another good right hand.

watch the video...
https://twitter.com/MMAIndiaShow/status/1203425156024004609?s=19

Source: https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/12/anthony-joshua-huge-punch-cuts-andy.html

[Image: 10696234_20191207223203_jpeg067fa328e3f2...82f5c1bd48]
[Image: 10696235_20191207223754_jpega616d7dd3d51...bcd963e43a]
[Image: 10696236_2019120722_35_58_jpeg290b5785bc...6568123294]
[Image: 10696242_20191207223900_jpege38ddc8d15f0...12395c06b7]

[Image: mourinho-1.jpg]
2' 

SPORT
[color=var(--atc)]EPL: Roy Keane mocks Mourinho’s Tottenham after Man Utd defeat Man City

December 8, 

Former Manchester United captain, Roy Keane, has questioned Tottenham’s mentality, following the Red Devils’ 2-1 win over Manchester City on Saturday.
First-half goals from Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial, saw United take control of the derby at the Etihad.
[/color]

Although Nicolas Otamendi pulled one back in the 85th minute, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side held on.

United had beaten Jose Mourinho’s Spurs at Old Trafford on Wednesday evening, but Keane says that result was “not a big deal”.

He told Sky Sports: “I said before the show, I didn’t think beating Tottenham at home was a big deal for Manchester United. Spurs, we know their mentality.
“But beating Man City will only given the players confidence. They’ve been criticised a lot recently and today we need to take our hats off.

“They were outstanding. It was a Manchester United performance. The way they managed the game, the blocks, the speed, it was brilliant.

“For me that’s what Manchester United is all about.”

The Argentinean striker's three goals against Mallorca saw the Barcelona man overtake his old adversary.

Leo Messi overtook Cristiano Ronaldo as the player with the most hat-tricks in LaLiga, as he scored three times against Mallorca in Barcelona's 5-2 home win.

With this latest hat-trick, Messi has now notched three or more goals 35 times in the Spanish top flight, one more than Cristiano Ronaldo managed with Real Madrid before his move to Juventus.

Messi takes Mallorca to the cleaners
Messi claimed the match ball on Saturday evening with goals in the 18th, 41st and 83rd minutes.

The first was an unstoppable shot from distance past Reina into the top corner; the second that classic Messi goal, slotted home with his left peg from the top of the box, while the last was smashed home after a Suárez lay off.

Across the nine seasons that Cristiano Ronaldo played for Real Madrid he knocked 34 triples, including five against Sevilla, the most any individual has scored against one side. Messi has now played for the Barcelona first team for 16 seasons.

Source: https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/messi-overtakes-ronaldo-most-laliga-222533280.html

[Image: 10699307_1575815357038_jpegf474941922816...6a7fc137e5]
[Image: 10699308_1575815364122_jpeg30cd02f00cab6...161244df81]

RE: SPORTS UPDATE - Edoman - 12-09-2019

Serie A: What Cristiano Ronaldo said after Juventus’ 3-1 loss to Lazio

[Image: ronaldo.jpg]

Superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo has reacted to his side’s Serie A 3-1 defeat to Lazio on Saturday night at the Stadio Olimpico Stadium.
Ronaldo scored for Juventus in the 25 minutes of the encounter.
But three goals from Luiz Felipe, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and Felipe Caicedo gave Napoli all three points against MaurIzio Sarri’s men.
The defeat against Lazio means Juventus are now two points behind league leaders Inter Milan.
Reacting to his side’s defeat against Lazio, Ronaldo in a tweet on his official Twitter page on Sunday, urged his teammates to stay ‘strong together’ until the end of the season.

“Keep strong and together until the end! #finoallafine,” Ronaldo posted on Twitter alongside a picture on himself and his teammates celebrating.
Ronaldo will now hope to lead Juventus to victory when they host Udinese on December 15 in their next Serie A fixture.

SPORT
SPORT

Nigerian winger scores for Real Madrid in 2-2 draw

[Image: real-madrid.jpg]

Nigerian winger, Marvin Akinlabi, netted his second league goal of the season for Real Madrid Castilla, as played out a 2-2 draw against Internacional de Madrid on Saturday.
Rufo opened the scoring for the visitors in the third minute at the Alfredo Di Stéfano Stadium.
However, Alvaro Fidalgo made it 1-1 from the penalty spot.
Akinlabi then forced home the ball, following a defensive mixup just before the interval.
Rufo scored his second of the match, after Real Madrid’s De la Fuente was sent off, to make it 2-2.

Akinlabi’s other goal this season came against Racing Ferrol on October 26.
The 19-year-old has made seven starts in the Segunda División B.

West Ham vs Arsenal: Vieira indicates interest in replacing Emery

[Image: patrickvieira.jpg]

Patrick Vieira has said he would be interested in Arsenal if the club were to approach him over their vacant managerial post.
The Gunners have been without a boss for over a week, having sacked Unai Emery.

Vieira’s former team-mate at the club, Freddie Ljunberg, has taken charge on an interim basis.
Ljunberg has overseen one draw and one defeat, with Arsenal heading to West Ham on Monday in the 10th place.
Vieira, who played for nine years for the Gunners, is keen to return.

“You can never ignore a club where you’ve spent nine years.
“But, honestly, I’m focused on this project at Nice, I feel very good here. It’s a very exciting project.
“I’ve always said that I’m very happy in Nice. We’re all working to move the club forward and there is potential,” Vieira told Canal+

Man City Fan Arrested For Alleged Racist Abuse Against Fred Faces Life Ban 

A Manchester City supporter was arrested for alleged racist abuse on Sunday and faces a life ban from the Etihad Stadium if found guilty.

Fred and Jesse Lingard both reported the incident after watching Sky Sports video footage inside the Manchester United dressing room.

One man was captured making an alleged monkey gesture towards the pair as they went to take a Manchester United corner midway through the second half.

A Greater Manchester Police (GMP) statement read: ‘A 41-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order (offence) and remains in custody for questioning.’ MailOnline identified the fan arrested as Anthony Burke, an Army veteran who works as a civil engineering manager at Kier Group.

GMP superintendent Chris Hill said: ‘I would like to thank the public for their ongoing support with this incident.

‘Racism of any kind has no place in football or our society and I hope this arrest shows that we are taking this matter extremely seriously. We will continue to work with Manchester City and Manchester United on this incident and will investigate any other lines of enquiries.’

The FA are also investigating and the episode came almost exactly a year after Raheem Sterling alleged he had been racially abused by a Chelsea fan at Stamford Bridge.

City’s chief executive Ferran Soriano sought United director David Gill immediately after the match to stress that the Premier League champions would do everything in their power to take decisive action. United’s executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward did not attend the derby.

There was a confidence at being able to identify any potential perpetrators given anyone purchasing a ticket for games is registered with the club.

City manager Pep Guardiola spent time with Fred — a midfielder he was once keen on signing — in the tunnel area as the two sides began departing the stadium.

‘Unfortunately, we are still in a backward society,’ Fred told ESPN Brazil. ‘We still have to live with that in 2019.

‘I try not to care about that. I try to look ahead. Unfortunately, this is happening in some stadiums. It happened here, it happened in Ukraine with some friends.

‘It’s sad, but we have to keep our heads up and forget about that. We can’t give them any attention because that’s all they want. I spoke to the referee (Anthony Taylor) after the match, they will do something about it and that’s all.

‘Thank God I have a lot of friends in the locker room who hugged me, like Lingard. I don’t want to think about it. I just want to move on.’

Fred was also struck in the head by a lighter from one corner of the Etihad Stadium. Rio Ferdinand was bloodied by a coin at the same end in 2012.

It is believed that objects were hurled at celebrating United players as Marcus Rashford’s penalty gave them a lead before half-time.

Chosen as Saturday’s late kick-off for broadcasting purposes, the derby was fractious all afternoon. Fighting occurred before and after the game.

Sportsmail understands one City fan was ejected amid a heated argument with a member of United staff sitting in the Colin Bell Stand. The employee had enthusiastically celebrated Anthony Martial’s second goal on 29 minutes. Both men were spoken to by security staff.

Meanwhile, Forest Green have launched an investigation and are expecting swift action to be taken by police after their 2-0 home defeat by Scunthorpe was halted because of reports of racist abuse.

Referee John Busby stopped the League One match when he was approached by Scunthorpe’s players who claimed defender Jordan Clarke had been racially abused by one home supporter.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7769861/amp/Manchester-City-fan-arrested-alleged-racist-abuse-against-Fred-faces-life-ban-Etihad.html

[Image: 10702345_1575878070331_jpeg3495d00293040...cb7fd13a8d]
[Image: 10702346_1575878073603_jpeg1ffd912266c52...1c618d2d71]

RE: SPORTS UPDATE - Edoman - 12-10-2019

Lille coach speaks on the future of Barcelona & Arsenal linked 'hot target' Victor Osimhen

[Image: 5dee838f7f202.jpeg]

Lille coach Christophe Galtier has come out to speak on the future of Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen.

Osimhen who has scored 11 goals in 21 games across all competitions this season has also established himself as one of Africa's in-demand strikers, scoring four goals in his last four appearances for his motherland, Nigeria and was recently nominated for the 2019 African Youth Player of the Year award by the Confederation of African Football.

Barcelona need a replacement for Luis Suarez while Arsenal need a new striker incase Aubameyang leaves but Galtier insists Osimhen will remain at the club when the January transfer window closes for business.

Asked if the former Sporting Chaleroi striker Osimhen will stay until the end of the season, Galtier told beIN SPORTS : '' 
Yes, I believe so. But in football, nothing is safe. I can confirm this with regard to the weeks that have just passed''.
Osimhen and his teammates will visit Chelsea's Stamford Bridge on Tuesday in the UEFA Champions League.

French Supreme court rejects Karim Benzema's appeal in the Valbuena sex-tape blackmail case

[Image: 5dee7c81508fe.jpg]

The French Supreme court has rejected an appeal by Real Madrid/France forward Karim Benzema in relation to the Matthieu Valbuena sex tape case in 2015.

Benzema's lawyers hoped the court will  bury the accusation that has been plaguing his national career since 2015 for his alleged involvement in an attempt to blackmail his then national team mate Matthieu Valbuena over a sex tape, but the court sitting today ruled that the investigators had not used illegitimate means to obtain evidence, contrary to what the player’s defence had argued in its appeal.

[Image: 5dee7ca06e1c2.jpg]

His lawyers argued that the evidence obtained by the prosecutors were invalid because they were wrongly obtained, but with this new ruling, Benzema will have to appear in court. 

Benzema was charged with collaboration to engage in blackmail after he admitted speaking to Valbuena at the request of a childhood friend, who was approached by three blackmailers who were in possession of Valbuena's sex tape,".

Benzema, who was arrested by police when the investigation started, made incriminating comments towards Valbuena during the saga that have resulted in him being charged with "complicity in attempted blackmail and participation in a criminal association planning an offence punishable by at least five years imprisonment.

Benzema has not played for France since the alegations against him were made public in 2015, with the French Football Federation (FFF) president Noel Le Graet recently ruling out a potential return for 31 year old.

Goalkeeper Leno has been voted Arsenal Player of the Month for November.

Leno has played 270 minutes in November in three Premier League games and two Europa League clashes. He has made 16 saves in total and has a save percentage of up to 75,2%. Furthermore, he has 86 passes with an accuracy of 77%.

The other two nominees are Aubameyang and Guendouzi.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/leno-wins-arsenal-player-of-month-for.html?m=1

[Image: 10706083_screenshot20191209193150_jpeg11...627526ac3f]