The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forums
SPORTS UPDATE - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://contripeople.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Thread: SPORTS UPDATE (/showthread.php?tid=23211)

RE: SPORTS UPDATE - Edoman - 12-04-2019

SPORT

EPL: Aubameyang unhappy as Anthony Joshua makes prediction about him, Harry Kane

[Image: Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang-.jpg]

Arsenal forward, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has expressed disappointment in Anthony Joshua after the British heavyweight boxer predicted that Tottenham striker, Harry Kane would beat him, (Aubameyang) in a boxing fight.
The Nigerian-born boxer predicted Kane would beat Aubameyang in a boxing match between the Arsenal and Tottenham strikers – and the Gabon international was not happy.
Joshua was being quizzed on who would win match-ups between top footballers, ahead of his own big fight against Andy Ruiz Jr this weekend.
When shown pictures of Aubameyang and Kane, Joshua was hesitant before declaring “I think I’m going to go for Kane” in the interview for BBC Sport.
Aubameyang wasn’t happy, tweeting “I’m disappointed big man”, along with three laughing emojis.

Joshua will fight Ruiz in Saudi Arabia on Saturday aiming to win back the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight titles he lost to the Mexican-American in a shock defeat back in June.

Odion Ighalo makes final 10-man shortlist for African Player Of The Year

[Image: 5de7caa85154c.jpg]

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has announced the 10 final nominees for the 2019 African Player of the Year award, and Nigerian striker, Odion Ighalo made a cut.

Ighalo, who plays as a striker for Chinese club Shanghai Greenland Shenhua will battle for the award with Cameroon’s Andre Onana, A, Morocco’s Hakim Zach, Algeria’s Ismail Ben Nacer, Gabon’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Algeria's Riad Mehrez and Youcef Beliali, Senegal’s Sadio Mane and Kalidou Koulibaly with previous winner, Mohammed Salah of Egypt.

[Image: 5de7cb401daa0.webp]

The shortlist of nominees was decided upon by votes from a CAF Technical & Development Committee and a panel of media experts with an emphasis on the nominees’ performance during the year under review, 2019.

The winner will be announced during the CAF Awards ceremony on Tuesday, 7 January 2020, at the Albatros Citadel Sahl Hasheesh, Hurghada, Egypt.

Salah won the African Player of the Year award two times in 2018 and 2017. But  his Liverpool teammate and Senegalese superstar, Sadio Mane is favourite to win the award next year. 

Samuel Chukwueze and Victor Osimhen to battle for African Youth Player of the Year

[Image: 5de7d495bb3dd.jpg]

Nigerian stars, Samuel Chukwueze and Victor Osimhen have made the final five-man list for the African Youth Player of the Year.

The young superstars who play for Villarreal and Lille respectively will battle for the award with Morocco's Achraf Hakimi, Mali's Moussa Djenepo and Senegal's Krépin Diatta.

The winner will be announced during the CAF Awards ceremony on Tuesday, 7 January 2020, at the Albatros Citadel Sahl Hasheesh, Hurghada, Egypt.

Youth Player of the Year

1. Achraf Hakimi (Morocco & Borussia Dortmund)

2. Krépin Diatta (Senegal & Club Brugge)

3. Moussa Djenepo (Mali & Southampton)

4. Samuel Chukwueze (Nigeria & Villarreal)

5. Victor Osimhen (Nigeria & Lille)

Anthony Joshua and Andy Ruiz face off ahead of their much-anticipated rematch on Saturday (Photos)

[Image: 5de807299a224.jpg]

On Wednesday evening (Dec.4), Anthony Joshua and Andy Ruiz came face-to-face ahead of their much-anticipated rematch which will take place on Saturday, December 7, in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia.

Speaking at their final press conference on Wednesday, Joshua, who will be attempting to regain his IBF, WBA and WBO titles when they face each other said: 'I'm not here to put on a show, I'm just here to win.'

[Image: 5de8074f633c4.jpg]
He added: 'It is interesting being on this side of the table. In my 16th fight I challenged and I challenged for a title against Wladimir Klitschko and I challenged against Alexander Povetkin. It is my fourth title challenge in a short space of time. I am used to this. You need to have a challenger mindset. I had that when I had the belts around my waist and I have it now.
[Image: 5de8071c8dcab.jpg]
'I have been boxing a while now. When I came in I didn't come to take part - I came to take over, full force, fully committed. I never had the chance to reflect on all that. Olympic title, European, world – boom, boom, boom.

'This time, I am not here to put on a show, just to win. Look at the undercard - I fought most of those guys and won. I have been around the block in a short space of time. I am definitely experienced and I know what I am doing.'

Commenting about his opponent,  Joshua said: 'Andy and I are very different. But we have time in common. As soon as I got back from New York I didn't lose any heart or fire and I started punching the heavy bag at Finchley and looking forward to this chance.

'I was asked if winning would be special but I said no because I know I belong there. When I regain those belts I will stay cool and keep my focus and keep that challenger mindset for the next one. Ruiz is just my next target.'
[Image: 5de8073c8aef2.jpg]
As for Ruiz, he said: 'It has been a long three months in camp. I made history and the important thing is to do it again.

'There is not much to say other than I am ready to rock and roll. He is motivated and that has given me an edge. He has lost weight and will box around but I am ready for anything that comes my way.

'I don't want to let these beautiful belts go away. I have been doing this since I was six and it is finally paying off so I am going to die trying. I no way I am going to let these go.'

RE: SPORTS UPDATE - Edoman - 12-05-2019

I can't clean, can't iron, can't cook- Jose Mourinho explains why he chose to live for 3 years in a hotel than living in his own house while at Man Utd

[Image: 5de7ea45db4f5.jpg]

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho has reflected on his time as manager of Manchester United and says he has no regrets of his time at the club.

Mourinho was often criticized by club fans for not renting or buying a house while at Manchester but rather chose to live in a hotel for the 3 years he spent at the club, with fans believing he never really saw his long term future at the club that was what he never got a house.

[Image: 5de7ea6077155.jpg]

But Mourinho who now coaches Tottenham and lives in his own house with his wife and kids in London, has stated that he didn't buy a house in Manchester because of he was not able to do domestic duties and that he would have never been a happy man if he had to live alone.
 'Is it strange (that I stayed in a hotel)?' he asked. When the question was put to him by reporters ahead of Man U's clash with Tottenham . 
'You know how I would be unhappy? I would be unhappy if I was in a house on my own.
'I would have to clean, I don't want to. I would have to iron, I don't know how to. I have to cook, I would cook fried eggs and sausages — that's the only thing I can do.
'I would be very unhappy. I lived in an amazing apartment, it was not a room. It was mine all the time. It was not like after one week I had to leave.
'No, it was mine. I left everything there, I had my television, my books, my computer. It was a flat, but with, "Bring me a coffee latte, please," or, "I don't want to go down for dinner, bring my dinner up". I had everything. If I was in an apartment alone it would be more difficult. I was fine, more than fine.'

Mourinho still insists he had a good time at Manchester United and even carried photographs from his time at Man United to his new office in Tottenham's training ground.
'It was good because I managed to win something, some nice things and do some nice things. On the opposite side, I learned and I think I'm a better coach now.'
With me it's about the fans but also about the people that I worked with. The fact I can get on my phone and speak with (United director) Richard Arnold, the fact Ed Woodward can call me to wish me good luck. The fact the kitchen man, chef, calls me to ask me how I am. This kind of thing, I had it at every club and that for me is the best thing.'

Man U. 2-1 Tottenham, Chelsea 2-1 Aston Villa: (Jose Mourinho loses on his first visit to Old Trafford since sack while John Terry and Frank Lampard unite

[Image: 5de84af87ec60.jpeg]

In what could certainly be categorized as the best performance from Man U (maybe the 4-0 win against Chelsea this season), Manchester United beat Tottenham 2-1 in the English Premier League on Wednesday night.

[Image: 5de84b2f33ae6.jpeg]
 There was a big fist pump from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at the final whistle, with waves towards the home crowd and every spectator could see how much the win meant to him especially after the poor performance against Villa during the weekend.
    [Image: 5de84b49e89f4.jpeg]
Such was the classiness of the tactics delivery by Solksjaer, the tidiness of Man U's defence and the self belief instilled on the Man U squad, they knew only a win in such an encounter would suffice.

[Image: 5de84b68c92d1.jpeg]
Jose Mourinho, coach of Man U less than 9 months ago, must have been disappointed with the result because this was his opportunity to show his former employers that they made a mistake sack him- rather it was the under-fire Solksjaer who was the happier of the two.
England midfielder, Dele Alli scored during a counter attack to equalise for Spurs after Rashford had opened the scoring in just seven minutes for United then Rashford, Man U's highest goal scorer of the season restored United's lead from the penalty spot after half-time ...Tottenham tried to pounce and pounce, but United were so resolute defensively you would think Mourinho was coaching the Reds.

Away from Manchester, in London, Chelsea FC had to hold their nerves at the last five minutes to beat a resolute Aston Villa 2-1.
[Image: 5de84b8b2164a.jpg]
Chelsea's match meant a lot to two individuals - John Terry and Tammy Abraham.
For Aston Villa's assistant coach,  John Terry, he was facing a team he had possibly won all trophies with, with ironically Chelsea's current manager Frank Lampard while Abraham was playing against the team he helped qualify to the EPL and made a name for himself in the championship last season.
   [Image: 5de84ba969ddf.jpg]

Tammy Abraham scored as  he nodded home from youngster Reece James' cross then Villa retaliated just before half time through Trezeguet  who scored the goal.

In the early stages of the second half, youngster Mason Mount rifled home a superb volley to make it 2-1..
More photos below 
   [Image: 5de84bc45ed4f.jpg]
[Image: 5de84be9a122c.jpg]
[Image: 5de84c43a72f4.jpeg]
[Image: 5de84c6a734e4.jpeg]
[Image: 5de84ceab54d4.png]
[Image: icon_share.png]

Sadio Mane Sends Alex Iwobi Back To Nigeria With Great Skill In 5-2 Win (Photos)

Sadio Mane showed his class yet again with a sublime skill to get pass Everton Star Alex Iwobi in the 5-2 last night, MySportDab reports.

Mane skinned Alex Iwobi outside his own box, before feeding an onrushing Trent Alexander-Arnold – who broke all theway towards Everton’s goal.

Luckily, Mane followed him, and finished stunningly with his left to make it 4-1.

The Senegalese hit two jaw-dropping assists – first for Divock Origi and then for Xherdan Shaqiri – before scoring a wonder goal of his own.

watch the video...

https://twitter.com/AndyTheRed83/status/1202384831394525184?s=19

[Image: 10680718_20191205065552_jpeg06461c0a28c0...c90e7664d3]
[Image: 10680719_2019120507_12_13_jpeg7ac17a83a3...0a73c49f45]
[Image: 10680720_img20191205070145_jpega5d64dc17...fc67aca745]
[Image: 10680723_img20191205065721_jpegf55b9e881...c58f281af9]

Meet Karim Adeyemi, the Nigeria-born wonderkid Barcelona, Liverpool and Arsenal are fighting to sign 

[Image: 5de8c29ce39e7.PNG]

Football clubs, Barcelona, Liverpool, and Arsenal are all in the race to sign Nigeria-born wonderkid Karim Adeyemi.

The 17-year-old who was born in Munich, Germany to a Nigerian father and Romanian mother has scored eight times in just 13 appearances while out on loan in Austrian Bundesliga 2 this season with Liefering from RB Salzburg.

Spanish giants Barcelona are said to be very interested in signing Karim Adeyemi with academy director Partrick Kluivert considering a move for the talented striker. 

According to Spanish publication Sport, Premier League giants Liverpool and Arsenal are also monitoring Adeyemi's situation. 

Adeyemi who started his club career with FC Bayern München, joined Salzburg from SpVgg Unterhaching in July 2018 for £2.8million following a two-year spell in Bayern Munich's academy between 2010-12.

Mourinho Blames Man Utd Players, Says They Were Diving & Forming Injuries

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho believes Manchester United were "clever" in winning fouls and "pretending injuries" during their 2-1 win on Wednesday.

"We started bad, they started well," Mourinho told beIN Sports.

"They scored the first goal, could have scored the second and for the first 30 minutes they were not just better than us, they were much better than us. For the last 15 minutes [of the first half] the story was different.

"I thought the second half we'd be back to normality and normality was to have control of the game but when you concede a goal like we did it's difficult.

"They took a few steps back, started to block low and they were clever in the way they were getting fouls and pretending injuries and controlling and then still dangerous on the counterattack.

"We were punished by our mistake for the second goal. The reason I want to say clearly they deserved to win the game was because in the first 30 minutes of the game they were much better than us.

"It was not just today, if you look to our previous matches it was the same. Against Olympiacos we didn't start well, against Bournemouth it took time, rather than being proactive we are a little bit more reactive."

On the penalty he added: "I don't know, I didn't see it, but I think what happened inside of the box is a consequence of what happened before. I think when Ashley Young had the ball we have to be alert immediately, we were not, we gave space to Rashford to receive the ball, it was only when he received the ball that we woke up."

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/mourinho-blames-man-utd-players-says.html?m=1

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/amp/news/pretending-injuries-mourinho-takes-shot-at-man-utd-after/1m0tv8aio49i51ob6ey8ro9jdq

[Image: 10680415_screenshot20191205051310_jpegf4...d8b41bae77]

Italian newspaper refuse to apologise for its 'Black Friday' front page which many felt was racist

[Image: 5de91d1a75949.jpg]

Top Italian Newspaper Corriere dello Sport has refused to apologise for their 'Black Friday' front page cover of former Manchester United players Romelu Lukaku and Chris Smalling, who now play for Inter Milan and Roma respectively....

The newspaper's Thursday morning 'black friday' headline with photos of both players, were used as preview ahead of Friday night's match between the player's two clubs at the San Siro. 
                       [Image: 5de91d4170a98.jpg] 
But the headline was met with outrage from fans and readers who allege the magazine producers are racist by singling the players out based on the colour of their skin.

But the editors of the newspaper have refused to apologize and claim the 'innocent title' has been 'transformed into poison by those with poison inside'
In response Corriere editor Ivan Zazzaroni posted a statement on his paper's website, claiming the paper's intention was to celebrate the 'magnificent wealth of diversity' in football.

Zazzaroni wrote: '"Black Friday", for those who want to understand it and can understand it, was only praising diversity, taking pride in diversity, the magnificent wealth of diversity. If you don't understand it, it's because you can't do that.
'It's an innocent article, perfectly argued by (journalist) Roberto Perrone, that has been made poisonous by those who have poison inside them.' 

What do you think about the headline? Is it racist?

Quote:Meet the boxer who quit his job to help AJ prepare for Ruiz Jr rematch

He quit his job, left his fiancee for three months, wrote to Eddie Hearn and got his friends to bombard Anthony Joshua's team on social media... how a carpet cleaner from Kentucky became AJ's sparring partner

*Timothy Moten has studied Andy Ruiz Jnr for years and adopted a similar style
*The American offered to spar Anthony Joshua before his shock loss to Ruiz Jnr
*Moten went to extreme lengths to contact AJ's team to get in camp for rematch
*He even quit his job as a carpet cleaner after being invited in for sparring with AJ

Moten had studied Ruiz Jnr closely since 2012 and watched countless videos of his previous fights, trying to unlock the secrets of his success against men significantly bigger than himself, and picking up tricks of the trade here and there. As a squat heavyweight with his own ambitions, it seemed like a productive way to spend his spare time more than anything else.

But when the Mexican was announced as Joshua's late replacement for Jarrell Miller following his failed drugs test, he heard the sound of opportunity knocking.

'I just thought at the time, 'I have got to get into camp. No matter what it takes, I have to get into camp',' he tells Sportsmail.

By the time Ruiz stepped in to save the show as it was described, Joshua had just four weeks left to adapt to a fighter whose physique and style was considerably different to Miller's.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-7746743/amp/Meet-heavyweight-quit-job-help-Anthony-Joshua-prepare-Andy-Ruiz-Jnr-rematch.html

[Image: 10684504_218029440imagea81575456645261_j...8f8ff72d6c]
[Image: 10684505_217168127746743imagem1157545468...dec0b56434]
[Image: 10684506_217168107746743imagea2115753030...edecc033ab]
[Image: 10684507_217168087746743motenmquithisjob...4d389c0fa4]

Eden Hazard has been ruled out of the first El Clasico of the season with his leg injury much worse than initially feared.

It was first reported that the Belgian - who sustained the injury on 27 November and it was expected initially that he would be out for just one week, but now Cadena Cope say he will miss Real Madrid’s game against Barcelona on 18 December.

Hazard was withdrawn after 70 minutes after being caught by Paris Saint-Germain defender and his fellow Belgian international teammate Thomas Meunier during their Champions League draw last week.

Zinedine Zidane stated in his post-match press conference that he is concerned by the injury but initial tests revealed the injury is not as bad as first feared.

Diario AS then reported the following day that the attacking star will only miss the upcoming games against Alaves and Espanyol but will be fit in time to face both Valencia and Barcelona later in the month.

Hazard had not broken or damaged any muscles with only bruising detected by the tests, meaning that he was thought to be likely to return in under a fortnight.

But a fresh report in Cadena Cope stated there is ‘great concern’ at the club as Hazard is still using crutches a week after the incident and is in pain when he walks, with official news of his absence confirmed on Thursday.

Hazard was replaced by Gareth Bale against the Ligue 1 giants, and the Welsh international is now likely to get further game-time in his absence.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/breaking-hazard-ruled-out-of-first-el.html
[Image: 10683041_screenshot20191205133933_jpegbb...3b3edf473a]

RE: SPORTS UPDATE - Edoman - 12-06-2019

Marco Silva sacked by Everton following humiliating 5-2 defeat to Liverpool

[Image: 5de96519879d1.PNG]

Everton have sacked Marco Silva after the club suffered an humiliating 5-2 defeat to Liverpool in the Merseyside derby which left them 18th in the Premier League Table. 

The decision to sack the Portuguese manager comes just minutes after Everton owner Farhad Moshiri had a meeting this evening with the players and Marco Silva, who won just four of their 15 Premier League matches this season, losing nine. Although, Silva, who joined the club in May 2018, led Everton to an eighth-place finish last season'

In a statement issued via the club's Twitter page, the club announced that: 'Everton Football Club can confirm that manager Marco Silva has left the club. 

Majority shareholder Farhad Moshiti, chairman Bill Kenwright and the board of directors would like to thank Marco for his service over the last 18 months and wish him well for the future.

Duncan Ferguson has taken temporary charge of the first team and will manage the side for the game against Chelsea on Saturday. 

The club aims to confirm a new permanent manager as swiftly as possible.'

David Moyes is expected to make a sensational return to Everton, six years after leaving the club for Manchester United. 

'It is a shame to see Sadio Mane in fourth'- Lionel Messi says Liverpool star should have been higher in Ballon d'Or rankings

[Image: 5de904f9b8166.jpg]

Lionel Messi has expressed his dissatisfaction after Senegalese and Liverpool forward Sadio Mane finished fourth in the Ballon d'Or rankings earlier this week. 

The Barcelona superstar won the Ballon d'Or for the sixth time in his career in Paris on Monday, after edging out Virgil van Dijk and Cristiano Ronaldo to claim the gong. Sadio Mane came fourth while Mohamed Salah was placed in fifth. 

Messi who voted Mane as his preferred candidate for The Best award, has now praised the Liverpool forward, saying It's a shame to see that he finished fourth in the Ballon d'Or ranking. 

'It's a shame to see Mane finish in fourth place,' Messi told Canal+.

'But I think there have been a lot of great players this year. That's why it was difficult to choose a particular player. But I chose Sadio Mane (for The Best award) because he's a player that I like. 

'Mane achieved a great year that was exceptional for the entire Liverpool team. That's why I chose him. 

'I repeat, there were a lot of very great players this year, so the choice was difficult.' 

[Image: icon_share.png]

EPL: Everton confirms Ferguson’s appointment after Marco Silva’s sack

[Image: Duncan-Ferguson.jpg]

Everton has appointed Duncan Ferguson to temporarily take charge of the club as they begin their search for a manager after sacking Marco Silva.
Silva, who had been under intense pressure, was sacked after losses against Leicester and a 5-2 hammering by Liverpool on Wednesday.
A statement from Everton confirming Ferguson’s appointment read: “Everton Football Club can confirm that manager Marco Silva has left the club.
“Majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri, chairman Bill Kenwright and the board of directors would like to thank Marco for his service over the last 18 months and wish him well for the future.
“Duncan Ferguson has taken temporary charge of the first team and will manage the side for the game against Chelsea on Saturday.

“The club aims to confirm a new permanent manager as swiftly as possible.”
Silva leaves with Everton in the relegation zone and with matches against Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal to come before Christmas.

EPL: Lampard reveals one Chelsea player he is excited about

[Image: lampard-1.jpg]

Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, has revealed one player he is excited about after their 2-1 win over Aston Villa on Wednesday night.

Lampard said he is excited about USA international Christian Pulisic, who has been settling into life at Stamford Bridge this season after having completed his move from Borussia Dortmund in the summer.

The US international was initially used sparingly by Lampard but the playmaker has been a much more regular fixture in the first team for the Blues in recent games.

The 21-year-old has scored five goals and made two assists in 12 Premier League games so far this season and he featured for 86 minutes as Chelsea FC notched up a 2-1 on Wednesday.

Speaking in an interview quoted by Chelsea FC’s website, Lampard said, “He is playing really well.

“He can score more, we have a player in Christian who is someone who is really exciting us but when you see this type of player, you see another level which is goals and assists and he has the ability to go on to that extra level which is the top level of world football.
“At the moment he is doing really well and hopefully that will be the next part of the progression.”
Pulisic will be hoping to feature for Chelsea FC when Chelsea face Everton at Goodison Park on Saturday night.

EPL: Highest goal scorers in Premier League this season unveiled [See top 24]

[Image: Jamie-Vardy-Leicester-Reuters-fb.jpg]

Following the conclusion of the English Premier League, EPL, Match Day 15 fixtures on Thursday night, below are the highest goal scorers chasing the golden boot in the English top-flight league.
Leicester City striker, Jamie Vardy is presently the highest goal scorer after he scored a goal in his side’s 2-0 victory over Watford on Wednesday to take his tally to 14 goals.
Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham is second place with 11 goals after his strike in the Blues’ 2-1 win over Aston Villa at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night.
Premier League top scorers:
14 goals: Jamie Vardy (Leicester City)

11 goals: Tammy Abraham (Chelsea)

10 goals: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal)
9 goals: Sergio Aguero (Man City), Sadio Mane (Liverpool), Marcus Rashford (Man United).
8 goals: Raheem Sterling (Man City), Teemu Pukki (Norwich), Danny Ings (Southampton).
7 goals: Harry Kane (Tottenham).
6 goals: Mohamed Salah (Liverpool), Raul Jimenez (Wolves), Chris Wood (Burnley), Ashley Barnes (Burnley), Harry Wilson (Bournemouth).
5 goals: Callum Wilson (Bournemouth), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea), Bernardo Silva (Manc City), Lys Mousset (Sheff Utd), James Maddison (Leicester), Richarlison (Everton), Dele Alli (Tottenham), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Gabriel Jesus (Man City).

SPORT

SPORT

EPL: Per Mertesacker under attack after Arsenal 2-1 defeat to Brighton

[Image: Per-Mertesacker.jpg]

Former Arsenal captain, Tony Adams has criticised Per Mertesacker after the Gunners were defeated 2-1 at home by Brighton on Thursday.
Adams is not happy over Mertesacker’s decision to join Freddie Ljungberg’s coaching staff following Arsenal’s 2-1 defeat to Brighton.
Mertesacker, who made 221 appearances for Arsenal as a player, was appointed the club’s academy manager last year.
However, following Emery’s sacking last week, the 35-year-old moved across to help interim boss Ljungberg in first-team training and matches.
Adams pointed out that Mertesacker’s role is too crucial to give up, even if it is only on a temporary basis.

“Per Mertesacker is the academy director. The club have taken him out of his role,” Adams told Premier League Productions.

“He’s got to do the recruitment for the future of the club. We’ve got to produce players.
“That’s more important than what’s going on today on that football pitch.
“You need to build the future of Arsenal Football Club, Per Mertesacker.
“That’s what he’s got to do, concentrate on that. Go and find the players, go and sort that out.
“You can’t take him out. What’s the academy doing at the moment?
“How long does this continue, did it [Mertesacker moving across to assist Ljungberg] really effect it? I think I’ve made my point.”

EPL: Gary Lineker mocks Mourinho after Tottenham’s 2-1 loss to Manchester United

[Image: Gary-Lineker.jpg]

Former England professional footballer, Gary Lineker, has mocked Tottenham manager, Jose Mourinho after his side suffered a 2-1 defeat by Manchester United in the Premier League at Old Trafford on Wednesday night.

Mourinho, a former Manchester United boss, took his Spurs side to Old Trafford to take on the Red Devils in the Premier League almost exactly a year after he was sacked.

United were in good form, however, and Marcus Rashford’s two goals ended up securing the three points for the home side, despite Dele Alli’s equaliser before half-time.

The defeat was Mourinho’s first as Tottenham boss.

And Lineker, a former Tottenham star, took to Twitter to poke fun at Mourinho after watching his side succumb to their first Premier League defeat under the Portuguese coach.

Posting on Twitter after the final whistle, Lineker wrote: “Mourinho’s struggles at Old Trafford continue.”
Manchester United will now turn their attentions towards their crunch Premier League clash against Manchester City at The Etihad on Saturday night.

We don’t owe you – Amaju Pinnick replies Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr

[Image: 5dea47f8bc0a3.PNG]

Amaju Pinnick, the president of Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, has berated the action of the Super Eagles technical adviser, Gernot Rohr to have accused the federation of owing him salary.

The German tactician had in a recent interview claimed that the NFF is currently owing him $100,000 in bonuses and allowances, a report that has been debunked by the federation.  

Pinnick has cleared the air on the federation bill with Rohr in terms of payment of salaries. According to him,

Quote:“We don’t owe you (Rohr), you cannot come out to say that we owe you salary. We pay you, an employee, and you must respect the employer because we pay you salary religiously.”

Pinnick further advised the technical adviser to be mindful of his utterances in the media.

‘’If they pay you, you don’t come out to say they pay you. There are some things you don’t say.”  

Rohr’s