The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*FRIENDLY ENEMIES* *Episode 11 -14
*FRIENDLY ENEMIES*

*Episode 11 & 12

Eno picked her bag and walked out of the gate. She couldn’t determine what time it was because her phone was on the chair where she was sitting before she went to the bedroom. After Dozie threw her out, she tried knocking on the door and screaming his name but he didn’t answer her. She had no option than to leave the house because she didn’t want their neighbours to find out that all wasn’t well with the new couple. She was determined to put up appearances so that they would appear like the best couple to outsiders. Outside, the compound, she realized that it was already late as they were just few people around with few cars plying the road. She thought of calling her mother to send someone to pick her but she remembered that her phone was inside the house. She was still thinking of what to do when a cab pulled beside her.
Taxi man: “Madam, taxi?”
Eno: “Oh yes, Wuse 2”.
Taxi man: “Where for Wuse 2?”
Eno: “Aminu Kano crescent”.
Taxi man: “You money na N3,000”.
Eno: “Ah-ah. That is too much, now”.
Taxi man: “Madam, it is almost 11;30pm o, no be same amount wey dem dey charge during the day na im dem dey charge for night”.
Eno: “Okay, let’s go”.
Eno asked the driver to open his booth for her to keep her box but he declined and asked her to keep it with her at the back seat. They had been driving for more than ten minutes when Eno felt something moved inside the booth. She startled and turned around but she didn’t see anything.
“Driver”, she said. “Is there any living thing in your booth? I felt something moved there a while ago”.
Driver: “No o, maybe one passenger don forget something inside the booth be that o”.
Eno: “In that case, I think you should park and find out what it is then because …” she was still talking when a hand grabbed her from behind and covered her lips. “Shhhh, cooperate with us and we will do you no harm”, the voice said”. She tried to scream but the hand held her securely on her mouth. They drove to a secluded part of the vicinity and the driver parked.
Driver: “Come down quick, they barked”.

Eno obeyed and came down with her hands over her head. She tried to make out the environment but it was dark and she couldn’t even see the faces of her abductors.

Eno: “Who are you and why have you brought me here?” she summoned courage and asked.
Driver: “You don’t need to know who we are. And as for why we have brought you here, we brought you here to have our share of the national cake”.
Eno: “Your share of the national cake? What do you mean by that?”
Driver: “My sister, if you know what is good for you, you better give us all the money and valuables that you have now. I am sure that won’t be a problem, considering the fact that you are from the upper class of the society”.
Eno: “I don’t know what you are talking about. I am not a politician’s child, I work hard to earn my money”.
Driver: “You are lucky to have a job. Do you know how long I have remained jobless even though I graduated with a second class upper degree in Electrical Engineering from the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka? Only God knows how much I have spent on attending interviews and printing CVs. Since the government will not give us what is rightfully ours, we have decided to take it by force”.
Eno: “I am not the government, channel your grievances to the appropriate persons if you have any score to settle with anyone”.

The other man who had not said a word ever since they got out of the car pushed Eno to her knees and collected her bag. He ransacked the bag and when he couldn’t find any valuable in it, he became furious and faced his colleague.
Man: “I tell you say this one no resemble big man pikin. Maybe na all these runs girls wey dey go meet your papa mates for night”.
Driver: “But I saw her coming out of a big house na. Search her well, I am sure she has some money hidden somewhere”.
Man: “Guy, nothing dey this bag jor. Na only women clothes and undies, even phone no dey inside, which kind badluck be this one na”. 

His countenance changed and he charged at Eno who cringed and covered her face with her palm.

Man: “Where are you hiding your money and your phones?’
Eno: “I swear, I don’t have anything on me”.
Man: “How is it possible that you don’t have anything on you? Which chic walks about without at least a phone these days? You are lying to us right? Okay, let's see if they will bury you with your money and phone”. He grabbed her neck and brought a sharp pocket knife. She screamed and began to plead.
Eno: “I swear that I didn’t come out with my phone or any money. My husband threw me out of the house and he didn’t allow me pick all my stuff. I had the intention of paying the taxi driver when I get home. I swear”, she was crying and didn’t notice that the button of the dress she had on was opened revealing her cleavage. Her abductor softened at the sight of the round mould of flesh on her chest. He tried to look away but the bulge that was forming in between his thighs urged him on. He came close to her, parted her dress with the knife he had on his hand and dipped his hand into her bra. Her breast felt warm and soft, he thought of the ecstatic feeling of his lips sucking hard at her nipples. She noticed that her pants were already getting wet at his fondling but she repelled like one touched by a scorpion. The driver when he noticed that his friend was getting carried away drew him aside.
Driver: “Guy, wetin dey worry you na? Na business we come do for here o, if konji hold you, abeg go Sokale go relieve yourself. I have warned you several times not to mix business and pleasure”.
Man: “Wetin na? which kind yeye business be this one this night? We don search her bag and other places, nothing dey. Instead of us to do 2-0, e no better make we knack her. The babe fine well well, she fresh, omo, the orange wey dey her chest get enough water. I been don dey imagine how I go take suck the juice”.
Driver: “You will do no such thing, do you know that we can easily get caught when carried away by that act?”
Man: “My friend chill. How many minutes you dey last? I go first enter her, when I commot, you go enter your own. Na chop and clean mouth things we go do”.
While they were arguing, Eno took advantage of the distraction, crawled under her feet into the bush nearby and bolted. The men turned and when they saw her retreating figure, they went after her.

After Samantha drove out of Dozie’s house, she went to a bar in Games Village and began to drink herself to stupor. It was the first time she was deliberately getting drunk but she didn’t mind as she needed to forget the events of the day. She hadn’t in her wildest imagination thought that Eno could betray her so much by marrying her fiancé. She was at the bar, dead drunk and stupefied when the bar man asked her to leave so he could close for the day.
Bar man: “Madam, you should go home now, it is almost 12am, all the customers have gone, I have  been waiting for you to leave so that I can close”.
Samantha ignored him and after the bar man kept on pestering her, she stood up to leave. When he asked for money for the drinks she had, she threw her wallet at him and staggered out. She turned the ignition in her car and began to drive home. She was on top speed when she saw a traffic light ahead of her, the signal was red and she had no option than to stop.  She was waiting for the signal to move when a trailer on high speed came and cleared her off the road. She tried to control the steering but she lost consciousness and the car crashed into the ditch along the road......

Episode 12*

Eno kept running without turning back. She knew that she was getting deeper into the forest without knowing where she was going but she didn’t mind so long as it would take her far away from her abductors. She heard footsteps behind her and when she turned, she fell down heavily bruising her knee and her elbows. She made an attempt at getting up and running again but she bruised her big toe on a big stone that she didn’t see because everywhere was dark. She fell and this time around, her abductors caught up with her and slapped her twice.

Driver: “You bitch, you think you can outsmart us? To even think that I was pleading with my colleague on your behalf”. They dragged her back to where the car was parked and ordered her to lie on her back. She did and one of the men unzipped his trousers and came on top her. She screamed while he attempted to pull down her pants and this attracted the attention of a local vigilante group that was going around for inspections. “Who be that?” They shouted and flashed their torches at the direction from which they heard her voice. Her abductors on realizing that they may be caught, abandoned her and their car and ran away. She ran towards the men who were flashing their touches at her suspiciously. “Please help me, they almost raped me”, she shouted. After some questionings, they drove her home in one of their patrol vans after she promised to give them money for petrol if they take her home.

Mama Samantha was about stepping out of the house when her neighbour who had just left for work earlier that morning came running back into the compound.

Mama Samantha: “What is it? Why are you running as if someone is chasing you? Is anything the matter?”
Neighbour: “Hmmn, the thing wey my eyes see this morning, my mouth no fit talk am finish”.
Mama Samantha: “What is it? What did you see? Just say it anyhow”.
Neighbour: “I was on my way to work this morning when I saw people gathered at an accident scene. Our car stopped and went out to check what was happening, we saw officials of the FRSC trying to rescue the driver of the car that had fallen into the ditch. Alas, we saw that it was your daughter Samantha. I was shocked when I saw her mutilated body”.

Mama Samantha: (Rushed and grabbed the woman on her top). “What are you telling me this evening? That my daughter was involved in an accident that claimed her life? My own Samantha?”
Neighbour: “Just take heart. I thought of coming to inform you so that you can go to the general hospital and identify her corpse because I know that you have been searching for her since yesterday”. 

Mama Samantha screamed and woke up to find herself sweating on Samantha’s bed where she had slept off.
She glanced at the bed side clock and realized that it was already past 7am. She remembered the events of the day and her heart sank. “God, what kind of a dream was that? It felt so real. I hope my daughter is safe? Please have mercy and protect her wherever she is, Lord”. She got on her knees and began to pray.

Mama Eno woke up that morning and was surprised to see her daughter in the house.

Mama Eno: “What are you doing here? Are you not supposed to be in your husband’s house? In fact when and how did you come in that I didn’t know?”
Eno: “Too many questions, mum. Anyway, I got into the house when you were already asleep. I knocked for several minutes before the security guy opened the gate for me. He helped me to call the house maid with his phone and she opened the door for me. I didn’t want to wake you up since it was already late”.
Mama Eno: “That is just one out of my many questions. Why are you here instead of being in your husband’s house?”
Eno: “Which husband, mum? Me I am not going back to that house again o. That guy is psycho, he will just kill me there one day”.
Mama Eno: “How do you mean? You people just got married o, it is too early to start having issues”.

Eno narrated to her mother all that had happened when they got home and how Dozie threw her out of the house and how she was almost raped by some men but for the timely intervention of some security operatives.

Mama Eno: “You mean that useless boy had the guts to throw you out at that time of the night? What if something bad happened to you? Get ready we are going to report him to the police”.
Eno: “You know what, mum? I am sick and tired of all these drama. It is certain that that guy doesn’t want me in his life, there is no need forcing it. The fire I saw in his eyes yesterday scared me. I will rather be on my own and be happy than force myself on him”.
Mama Eno: “Now I know that you are very stupid. What gibberish are you uttering? Haven’t you realized that it was the presence of Samantha that spoilt your husband’s mood? So, you want to bow out of the marriage just because of this simple misunderstanding? The earlier you learn to fight for what is yours, the better”

Eno: “I understand what you are saying, mum. But there should be a better way of settling this. I mean there must be some other way, not every time police, police, that will create unnecessary attention for us”.

Mama Eno agreed to call Dozie’s parents and inform them of his behaviour rather than going to the police. Few hours later, Dozie’s mother came and picked Eno in her car back to Dozie’s house.

Mama Dozie: “Don’t worry my daughter. This will never repeat itself again”.
Mama Eno: “It has better not. Can he imagine what my daughter went through in the hands of evil men that night? What if they were ritualists? Next time he does this to his wife, I will have him arrested”.
Mama Dozie: “It is okay, my in-law. I will ensure that this doesn’t happen again. Let’s just keep the police and the media out of this”.

Samantha unconscious and bleeding heavily was rushed to the hospital by some mobile police men who were on duty that night. When they got to the hospital, she had lost a lot of blood and she needed an urgent blood transfusion. At the blood bank, there was no blood that matched her blood group, her phone was searched and the hospital authorities called her mother to make hay and meet them so they can find out if her blood matched her daughter’s. The drive from her mother’s place to the hospital was more than an hour and she was worried that she may not make it in time to save her daughter. Frantic and determined to make it in good time, she took a cab instead of driving herself there.

Mama Samantha: “Oga, you have to drive fast o”.
Driver: “Madam, why now? Why you no leave house since so that you go meet up with your appointment?”
Mama Samantha: “Just drive and stop talking, I actually hired you because I know that taxi drivers are better at maneuvering their way instead of those who drive private”.
There was a terrible hold up on the way and even though the driver did his best to over speed, she arrived the hospital more than an hour later. She rushed to the reception and she was directed to the accident and emergency ward. She rushed in there and collapsed in tears when she saw her daughter unconscious in the pool of her own blood. She drew near and on close examination, she realized that Samantha had stopped breathing. She ran out of the ward to the nurses section.

Eno, her mother and Dozie’s mother arrived the house and met that the door was locked.....

Mama Dozie: “Don’t you have your key? Use it to open the door for us to go in”.
Eno: “I don’t have access to this house. He didn’t give me anything”.
Jonny: “Madam, oga Dozie carry him box commot this morning o, e be like say him don travel”. 
Mama Dozie and Eno: “What! Travelled where”?, they chorused.
Eno: “I am finished, mum. I guess he has travelled back to Canada leaving me behind. What do I tell my friends? How can I bare the shame? I am sure that he has eloped with that Samantha girl? God, I am finished!”
Mama Eno: “You just shut up and allow me think”..........

Samathan, stop breathing ke? Oh no, God please revive her, she must not die!
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
*FRIENDLY ENEMIES*

*Episode 13*

Nurse 1: “Madam, na because your
daughter no breathe again na him you come dey shout anyhow? Don’t you know some other patients are on
admission here? You don’t have to shout and wake them up. We called you more than an hour ago, you are just coming here now and you are here screaming. Is your daughter the first patient to die in this hospital? Mtccheeww”
Mama Samantha: “I rebuke you agent of the devil. My daughter is not dead. My God cannot allow my daughter die”.
Nurse 2: “It’s okay, madam, I will call the attention of the doctor right away”.

The doctor and the nurse ran to the
ward where Samantha was lying
unconscious. Mama Samantha wanted to go into the ward with them but she was prevented by the doctor who said it was against the rules of the hospital for relatives to be around when the doctor was on examination.
After some examination, the doctor
realized that Samantha had fallen into a coma again and was finding it very difficult to breathe. She was placed on an oxygen machine and when some tests were carried out on her mother, they realized that her blood matched her daughter's and she willingly donated to her daughter.

After Dozie left home with his travelling bag, he went to his parents’ house to collect his International Passport from his father who had seized it when he refused to get married to Eno. He had already booked a flight online and he was due to travel back to Canada in few
hours time. His father was having a cup of green tea when he came in.

Baba Dozie: “Ah, see who we have here; the latest groom in town. One would think that you will be so preoccupied with your honeymoon that you won’t even come out today”.
Dozie: “Dad, can you just cut that groom crab? It irritates me”.
Baba Dozie: “Okay, son. I see that you are not in the mood for jokes this morning. Come over and make yourself a cup of hot green tea, it will help calm your nerves”.
Dozie: “I didn’t come here for tea, dad. I need my International Passport and other travel documents in your
possession”.
Baba Dozie: “What is the hurry in that? You want your travel documents, you have them but you have to wait for me to finish my tea first”.
Dozie: “Oh common, dad. You can just go give it to me and come back and drink your tea in peace”.
Baba Dozie: “No, son. You met me
drinking the tea didn’t you? So, you have to wait for me to finish up. First things first”.
Dozie: “Dad, I have a flight to catch in
about an hour’s time”. He screamed at his father who was preoccupied with sipping his tea.
Baba Dozie: “A flight to catch? Where to? Are you travelling outside the country with your wife for honeymoon”.
Dozie: “What wife? Dad, I am not a child anymore. You forced me into this marriage and now I can’t even travel when I want?”
Baba Dozie: “Of course you can travel only that this time around with a different condition”.
Dozie: “What condition?” he asked
suspiciously.
Baba Dozie: “As a married man, you
either travel with your wife or you travel with her permission”.
Dozie: “What? This is so unbelievable…”

He was still talking when his mother and wife walked in.

Mama Dozie: “So you are here. What was that unruly behaviour you put up
yesterday? Why did you have to chase your wife out of the house at that time of the night?”
Dozie: “Mum please. I am really not in the mood for all these right now”.
Mama Dozie: “I really do not care what you are in the mood for. All I know is that you are going home with your wife and that you will never repeat such madness again. I don’t know what has come over you”.

Dozie lost his patience and began to
snap. “You don’t know what has come over me? Of course you know. 
Dozie: What were you thinking when you succumbed to pressure and forced me into this marriage against my wish? I am tired of being the sacrificial lamb in this family. Look at Emeka over there in Canada, you
people do not interfere in whatever he does and yet he is older than I”.
Mama Dozie: “You didn’t have a choice but to marry Eno. Her mother was threatening to go to the Police and the press and that could have ruined my political aspirations”.
Dozie: “That is it, mum. Ambitions and aspirations, that’s all you know. Nothing about my feeling. Now I am stuck with a woman I hate for the rest of my life”.

Baba Dozie got up from where he was sipping his tea and made for his room.

Baba Dozie: “Forget about getting your travel documents until you learn to live in peace with your wife”. He walked upstairs to his room, leaving Dozie speechless.

30 minutes later, Dozie drove home with his wife in silence.

Samantha got out of coma with a start, scaring her mother who rushed to call the doctor. She had been in coma for 9 hours after she had the blood transfusion and all that while her mother who was praying and interceding for her never left her side.

Samantha: “They got married, they got married and left me single”.
Mama Samantha: “Calm down my
daughter. Remember that the doctor
said you need rest”.
Samantha: “They got married, mum.
Don’t you get that?”
Mama Samantha: “Who got married and why shouldn’t they?”
Samantha: “Eno got married”.
Mama Samantha: “I understand how
painful it feels that your friend got
married without informing you. But
don’t worry, your time will come”.
Samantha: “She married him”.
Mama Samantha: “She married who?”
Samantha: “I will kill them, I will kill them all!”

Samantha suddenly became violent and attempted to get up and remove her drip. The nurses came around and gave her an injection and she went to sleep immediately.

Dozie kept to himself after they got
home. He avoided Eno like a plague and when he went into his room, he
remained there watching TV ignoring
Eno in the sitting room. Tired and
frustrated, Eno went into the kitchen to get something to eat. She saw two packs of noodles and some eggs and she decided to fix herself some. She thought of Dozie and remembered that one way to a man’s heart was through his stomach. She decided to ask him if he was interested. With her heart pounding hard against her chest, she went to Dozie’s bedroom. At the door, she stood for few minutes before summoning courage to knock gently. When there was no response from within, she turned the knob and went in. Dozie who was watching his favourite team play on
SuperSport ignored her.
Eno: “I … I … er, you know, I just wanted to … to ask if you will like some noodles”.

There was a pause that felt like eternity and Dozie ignored her. Embarrassed by his insensitivity, she walked out of the room to the kitchen. She had just finished preparing the noodles and was
about frying her eggs when she heard her phone ring. She ran out of the kitchen to the sitting room where the phone was charging and while she was  receiving the call, she saw Dozie tip toe to the kitchen but she ignored him. When she got back to the kitchen after the call, she saw Dozie in the kitchen.

Eno: “What! Dozie, what are you doing to my food?” She asked with shock and disbelieve. Dozie stood still when he saw her for he didn’t hear her footsteps approach the kitchen.

*FRIENDLY ENEMIES*
*Episode 14*

Eno: “What in God’s name are you doing to my food?”
Dozie: “What in the devil’s name does it look like I am doing?”

Eno ran to him and attempted to grab
the pot of noodles from his hands but he shoved her aside and emptied all of its contents into the trash can.

Eno: “You are wicked! How can you
throw my noodles away? What did I ever do to offend you in this world?”

Dozie ignored her and walked out of the kitchen leaving her sobbing behind.

Eno: “God will punish you, wicked man. You threw away the noodles I made to eat, that is sheer wickedness, nothing more”.

Dozie untouched by her reaction walked away to the sitting room and began to watch his favourite television show. Few minutes later, Eno walked out of the house to an eatery without saying a word to Dozie in the sitting room.

One month later Samantha was making steady recovery in the hospital, she was however preoccupied with the thoughts of the betrayal from two people she
trusted a lot. The doctor had told her
mother that her daughter was holding on to some grudges which was affecting her psychologically and that was slowing down her recuperation. Most times, they had to force her before she could eat and even swallow her medication. The
hospital had threatened to discharge her if she refused to cooperate with them.
The medical director came to her
bedside to speak with her when
complaints of her violent attitude were getting out of hand.

Medical director: “And how is my patient doing this morning?”
Samantha: “I don’t know, doctor”.
Medical Director: “And why is that? Any pains anywhere?”
Samantha: “I don’t give a damn about
pains. I want to die, I am tired of staying alive.”
Medical Director: “Why have you lost the zeal to live? As a medical doctor, you should know how important being hopeful is to a patient’s recovery.
Anyway, I heard that you have refused to take your drugs and that you get violent and pull out drips, that is so very wrong. Even though you are a patient, you should also remember that you are a doctor and this is not the best way to behave. So, brace up and pull yourself
together and you will be out of here in no time”.

Turning to her mother, he said.

Medical Doctor: “Madam, pull yourself together and encourage your daughter through this”.
Mama Samantha: “Doctor, why is she
behaving like this? Is my daughter ok?”

The doctor patted her on the back and walked away.
Mama Samantha touched her daughter on the hand and stared into her eyes.
Mama Samantha: “My daughter, please don’t do this to yourself, it is not the end of the world”.
Samantha: “All I know is that I will take my pound of flesh, they will never enjoy that marriage”.
Mama Samantha: “Don’t talk like that,
vengeance is the Lord and ….”
Samantha: “Oh please, mum. Just hold it there. I will have my pound of flesh myself, I don’t need God to help me”.

Eno came back to the house to discover that Dozie had moved her things from his bedroom. She tried to engage Dozie in a conversation with the aim of finding out where he had moved her things to but he was adamant and she had no choice but to go looking for them herself. She found them in the guest room and she came to meet him in the
sitting room.

Eno: “Why did you move my things to the guest room? We are married and we should stay in the same room together”.

Dozie ignored her and continued to
press his phone.

Eno: “Answer me, I am talking to you!”

Dozie suddenly got up from his chair and charged at her. Just before he got to her, he stopped. 

Dozie: “Will you allow me watch this programme in peace? Stay out of my way and out of my room, whore!”

He grabbed his phone and walked out. That night, Eno could not sleep as her mind kept pondering on Dozie’s coldness towards her. It was cold and she needed to be with her man but the fear of his reaction kept her away. She thought of calling her mother, the only confidant she had to inform her of the situation of things between her and Dozie but she thought against it because she knew that her mother was good at blowing things out of proportion.
"Mum will just come here and make trouble now and I am not sure that will be the solution”, she thought aloud. Immersed in her thoughts, she remembered that she had lied to Dozie and his family that she was already pregnant and her heart
sank. “How will I keep up with this lie?
Very soon his mother will be expecting my stomach to start swelling. What will I tell them? I thought we would start making love immediately after marriage so that I can take in. What should I do
o?” She paused for some minutes and let out a sigh. “Okay, I know just what to do”, she said. She got up from the bed, changed the long sleeve and long trousers pyjamas that she had on and wore a see through transparent nightie that enhanced her curves. 

She kept her cosmetics and smeared on a pepper red lipstick, her Ferrari perfume was handy and she sprayed it generously. She was going to seduce her husband in her matrimonial home and she needed all
the charm she had to do that. She stood before the standing mirror and the face that smiled back at her impressed her.
Her ebony skin shone under the
reflection of the bright bulb and her
sparkling red lips appeared irresistible.
“Lets see how he will resist all these
good things”, she said turning around
and catching a side view of her bum in the picture. Confident of her irresistible charm, she walked towards the direction of Dozie’s bedroom. When she approached the door, she stopped for a while to catch her breath for her heart
was beating furiously. She tried to calm her nerves but the harder she tried, the more disorganized she became. Back then in her room, she had been so confident that her charm was enough to sweep Dozie off his feet but standing close to him with just the door and the walls separating them, she felt uncomfortable. She thought she was
bold but there was something about
Dozie and his cold looks that discomfited her. Anytime he stared at her, she felt his eyes penetrating her souls and laying bare the innermost secrets of her heart and she couldn’t stand it. She raised her hand to knock on the door but her strength failed her. She felt drained and
couldn’t bring herself to turn the door
knob either. She stood there for five
minutes and she could hear his deep
baritone voice humming West Life’s
Soledad. She heard him move and she felt her legs quiver; she ran back to her room and collapsed on the bed in tears.

Mama Samantha decided to leave
Samantha’s bedside to go and shower in the general bathroom. All day, she had been afraid of leaving her daughter’s bedside because she had been behaving
violently and being a private ward, she was alone with her daughter in the room. She peeped at Samantha and she saw that she was sleeping peacefully, so she thought. As soon as her mother went out, Samantha got up from the bed, removed the drip she had on and tip toed out of the room. “I am coming for them, let me see how they will live to enjoy that marriage”, she smiled mischievously grabbing her mother’s veil, she disguised herself, picked up the knife her mother used in cutting
oranges for her, wrapped it in the veil
and walked out of the hospital gate.

Eno sat in her room all day. She was mad at Dozie for throwing her love back at her without any consideration for now she felt. She thought of her supposed pregnancy and she knew she had to do something fast as that was the only
thing she could use to hold Dozie
ransom. She picked her phone and
dialed her mother’s handset.

Eno: “Hi, mum”.
Mama Eno: “Hi, baby. How are you and your husband”.
Eno: “Mum, just forget about that one. I am as good as a widow”.
Mama Eno: “What is the matter again this time around?”
Eno: “Let’s leave that for another day.  I called for something more important”.
Mama Eno: “Okay, bring it on”.

Eno quietly opened the door and
checked around to make sure that Dozie was not eavesdropping on their conversation. Assured that he was nowhere around, she close the door and continued talking. “The pregnancy mum, how do I keep up with that lie?” She said......

Dozie's mother and political ambition....Mtccheeww. Samathan, what is she about to do? Ha, you can't leave God out of this o, listen to your mother! Vengeance is the Lord's.....
(09-12-2018, 01:57 PM)Edoman Wrote: *FRIENDLY ENEMIES*

*Episode 11 & 12

Eno picked her bag and walked out of the gate. She couldn’t determine what time it was because her phone was on the chair where she was sitting before she went to the bedroom. After Dozie threw her out, she tried knocking on the door and screaming his name but he didn’t answer her. She had no option than to leave the house because she didn’t want their neighbours to find out that all wasn’t well with the new couple. She was determined to put up appearances so that they would appear like the best couple to outsiders. Outside, the compound, she realized that it was already late as they were just few people around with few cars plying the road. She thought of calling her mother to send someone to pick her but she remembered that her phone was inside the house. She was still thinking of what to do when a cab pulled beside her.
Taxi man: “Madam, taxi?”
Eno: “Oh yes, Wuse 2”.
Taxi man: “Where for Wuse 2?”
Eno: “Aminu Kano crescent”.
Taxi man: “You money na N3,000”.
Eno: “Ah-ah. That is too much, now”.
Taxi man: “Madam, it is almost 11;30pm o, no be same amount wey dem dey charge during the day na im dem dey charge for night”.
Eno: “Okay, let’s go”.
Eno asked the driver to open his booth for her to keep her box but he declined and asked her to keep it with her at the back seat. They had been driving for more than ten minutes when Eno felt something moved inside the booth. She startled and turned around but she didn’t see anything.
“Driver”, she said. “Is there any living thing in your booth? I felt something moved there a while ago”.
Driver: “No o, maybe one passenger don forget something inside the booth be that o”.
Eno: “In that case, I think you should park and find out what it is then because …” she was still talking when a hand grabbed her from behind and covered her lips. “Shhhh, cooperate with us and we will do you no harm”, the voice said”. She tried to scream but the hand held her securely on her mouth. They drove to a secluded part of the vicinity and the driver parked.
Driver: “Come down quick, they barked”.

Eno obeyed and came down with her hands over her head. She tried to make out the environment but it was dark and she couldn’t even see the faces of her abductors.

Eno: “Who are you and why have you brought me here?” she summoned courage and asked.
Driver: “You don’t need to know who we are. And as for why we have brought you here, we brought you here to have our share of the national cake”.
Eno: “Your share of the national cake? What do you mean by that?”
Driver: “My sister, if you know what is good for you, you better give us all the money and valuables that you have now. I am sure that won’t be a problem, considering the fact that you are from the upper class of the society”.
Eno: “I don’t know what you are talking about. I am not a politician’s child, I work hard to earn my money”.
Driver: “You are lucky to have a job. Do you know how long I have remained jobless even though I graduated with a second class upper degree in Electrical Engineering from the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka? Only God knows how much I have spent on attending interviews and printing CVs. Since the government will not give us what is rightfully ours, we have decided to take it by force”.
Eno: “I am not the government, channel your grievances to the appropriate persons if you have any score to settle with anyone”.

The other man who had not said a word ever since they got out of the car pushed Eno to her knees and collected her bag. He ransacked the bag and when he couldn’t find any valuable in it, he became furious and faced his colleague.
Man: “I tell you say this one no resemble big man pikin. Maybe na all these runs girls wey dey go meet your papa mates for night”.
Driver: “But I saw her coming out of a big house na. Search her well, I am sure she has some money hidden somewhere”.
Man: “Guy, nothing dey this bag jor. Na only women clothes and undies, even phone no dey inside, which kind badluck be this one na”. 

His countenance changed and he charged at Eno who cringed and covered her face with her palm.

Man: “Where are you hiding your money and your phones?’
Eno: “I swear, I don’t have anything on me”.
Man: “How is it possible that you don’t have anything on you? Which chic walks about without at least a phone these days? You are lying to us right? Okay, let's see if they will bury you with your money and phone”. He grabbed her neck and brought a sharp pocket knife. She screamed and began to plead.
Eno: “I swear that I didn’t come out with my phone or any money. My husband threw me out of the house and he didn’t allow me pick all my stuff. I had the intention of paying the taxi driver when I get home. I swear”, she was crying and didn’t notice that the button of the dress she had on was opened revealing her cleavage. Her abductor softened at the sight of the round mould of flesh on her chest. He tried to look away but the bulge that was forming in between his thighs urged him on. He came close to her, parted her dress with the knife he had on his hand and dipped his hand into her bra. Her breast felt warm and soft, he thought of the ecstatic feeling of his lips sucking hard at her nipples. She noticed that her pants were already getting wet at his fondling but she repelled like one touched by a scorpion. The driver when he noticed that his friend was getting carried away drew him aside.
Driver: “Guy, wetin dey worry you na? Na business we come do for here o, if konji hold you, abeg go Sokale go relieve yourself. I have warned you several times not to mix business and pleasure”.
Man: “Wetin na? which kind yeye business be this one this night? We don search her bag and other places, nothing dey. Instead of us to do 2-0, e no better make we knack her. The babe fine well well, she fresh, omo, the orange wey dey her chest get enough water. I been don dey imagine how I go take suck the juice”.
Driver: “You will do no such thing, do you know that we can easily get caught when carried away by that act?”
Man: “My friend chill. How many minutes you dey last? I go first enter her, when I commot, you go enter your own. Na chop and clean mouth things we go do”.
While they were arguing, Eno took advantage of the distraction, crawled under her feet into the bush nearby and bolted. The men turned and when they saw her retreating figure, they went after her.

After Samantha drove out of Dozie’s house, she went to a bar in Games Village and began to drink herself to stupor. It was the first time she was deliberately getting drunk but she didn’t mind as she needed to forget the events of the day. She hadn’t in her wildest imagination thought that Eno could betray her so much by marrying her fiancé. She was at the bar, dead drunk and stupefied when the bar man asked her to leave so he could close for the day.
Bar man: “Madam, you should go home now, it is almost 12am, all the customers have gone, I have  been waiting for you to leave so that I can close”.
Samantha ignored him and after the bar man kept on pestering her, she stood up to leave. When he asked for money for the drinks she had, she threw her wallet at him and staggered out. She turned the ignition in her car and began to drive home. She was on top speed when she saw a traffic light ahead of her, the signal was red and she had no option than to stop.  She was waiting for the signal to move when a trailer on high speed came and cleared her off the road. She tried to control the steering but she lost consciousness and the car crashed into the ditch along the road......

Episode 12*

Eno kept running without turning back. She knew that she was getting deeper into the forest without knowing where she was going but she didn’t mind so long as it would take her far away from her abductors. She heard footsteps behind her and when she turned, she fell down heavily bruising her knee and her elbows. She made an attempt at getting up and running again but she bruised her big toe on a big stone that she didn’t see because everywhere was dark. She fell and this time around, her abductors caught up with her and slapped her twice.

Driver: “You bitch, you think you can outsmart us? To even think that I was pleading with my colleague on your behalf”. They dragged her back to where the car was parked and ordered her to lie on her back. She did and one of the men unzipped his trousers and came on top her. She screamed while he attempted to pull down her pants and this attracted the attention of a local vigilante group that was going around for inspections. “Who be that?” They shouted and flashed their torches at the direction from which they heard her voice. Her abductors on realizing that they may be caught, abandoned her and their car and ran away. She ran towards the men who were flashing their touches at her suspiciously. “Please help me, they almost raped me”, she shouted. After some questionings, they drove her home in one of their patrol vans after she promised to give them money for petrol if they take her home.

Mama Samantha was about stepping out of the house when her neighbour who had just left for work earlier that morning came running back into the compound.

Mama Samantha: “What is it? Why are you running as if someone is chasing you? Is anything the matter?”
Neighbour: “Hmmn, the thing wey my eyes see this morning, my mouth no fit talk am finish”.
Mama Samantha: “What is it? What did you see? Just say it anyhow”.
Neighbour: “I was on my way to work this morning when I saw people gathered at an accident scene. Our car stopped and went out to check what was happening, we saw officials of the FRSC trying to rescue the driver of the car that had fallen into the ditch. Alas, we saw that it was your daughter Samantha. I was shocked when I saw her mutilated body”.

Mama Samantha: (Rushed and grabbed the woman on her top). “What are you telling me this evening? That my daughter was involved in an accident that claimed her life? My own Samantha?”
Neighbour: “Just take heart. I thought of coming to inform you so that you can go to the general hospital and identify her corpse because I know that you have been searching for her since yesterday”. 

Mama Samantha screamed and woke up to find herself sweating on Samantha’s bed where she had slept off.
She glanced at the bed side clock and realized that it was already past 7am. She remembered the events of the day and her heart sank. “God, what kind of a dream was that? It felt so real. I hope my daughter is safe? Please have mercy and protect her wherever she is, Lord”. She got on her knees and began to pray.

Mama Eno woke up that morning and was surprised to see her daughter in the house.

Mama Eno: “What are you doing here? Are you not supposed to be in your husband’s house? In fact when and how did you come in that I didn’t know?”
Eno: “Too many questions, mum. Anyway, I got into the house when you were already asleep. I knocked for several minutes before the security guy opened the gate for me. He helped me to call the house maid with his phone and she opened the door for me. I didn’t want to wake you up since it was already late”.
Mama Eno: “That is just one out of my many questions. Why are you here instead of being in your husband’s house?”
Eno: “Which husband, mum? Me I am not going back to that house again o. That guy is psycho, he will just kill me there one day”.
Mama Eno: “How do you mean? You people just got married o, it is too early to start having issues”.

Eno narrated to her mother all that had happened when they got home and how Dozie threw her out of the house and how she was almost raped by some men but for the timely intervention of some security operatives.

Mama Eno: “You mean that useless boy had the guts to throw you out at that time of the night? What if something bad happened to you? Get ready we are going to report him to the police”.
Eno: “You know what, mum? I am sick and tired of all these drama. It is certain that that guy doesn’t want me in his life, there is no need forcing it. The fire I saw in his eyes yesterday scared me. I will rather be on my own and be happy than force myself on him”.
Mama Eno: “Now I know that you are very stupid. What gibberish are you uttering? Haven’t you realized that it was the presence of Samantha that spoilt your husband’s mood? So, you want to bow out of the marriage just because of this simple misunderstanding? The earlier you learn to fight for what is yours, the better”

Eno: “I understand what you are saying, mum. But there should be a better way of settling this. I mean there must be some other way, not every time police, police, that will create unnecessary attention for us”.

Mama Eno agreed to call Dozie’s parents and inform them of his behaviour rather than going to the police. Few hours later, Dozie’s mother came and picked Eno in her car back to Dozie’s house.

Mama Dozie: “Don’t worry my daughter. This will never repeat itself again”.
Mama Eno: “It has better not. Can he imagine what my daughter went through in the hands of evil men that night? What if they were ritualists? Next time he does this to his wife, I will have him arrested”.
Mama Dozie: “It is okay, my in-law. I will ensure that this doesn’t happen again. Let’s just keep the police and the media out of this”.

Samantha unconscious and bleeding heavily was rushed to the hospital by some mobile police men who were on duty that night. When they got to the hospital, she had lost a lot of blood and she needed an urgent blood transfusion. At the blood bank, there was no blood that matched her blood group, her phone was searched and the hospital authorities called her mother to make hay and meet them so they can find out if her blood matched her daughter’s. The drive from her mother’s place to the hospital was more than an hour and she was worried that she may not make it in time to save her daughter. Frantic and determined to make it in good time, she took a cab instead of driving herself there.

Mama Samantha: “Oga, you have to drive fast o”.
Driver: “Madam, why now? Why you no leave house since so that you go meet up with your appointment?”
Mama Samantha: “Just drive and stop talking, I actually hired you because I know that taxi drivers are better at maneuvering their way instead of those who drive private”.
There was a terrible hold up on the way and even though the driver did his best to over speed, she arrived the hospital more than an hour later. She rushed to the reception and she was directed to the accident and emergency ward. She rushed in there and collapsed in tears when she saw her daughter unconscious in the pool of her own blood. She drew near and on close examination, she realized that Samantha had stopped breathing. She ran out of the ward to the nurses section.

Eno, her mother and Dozie’s mother arrived the house and met that the door was locked.....

Mama Dozie: “Don’t you have your key? Use it to open the door for us to go in”.
Eno: “I don’t have access to this house. He didn’t give me anything”.
Jonny: “Madam, oga Dozie carry him box commot this morning o, e be like say him don travel”. 
Mama Dozie and Eno: “What! Travelled where”?, they chorused.
Eno: “I am finished, mum. I guess he has travelled back to Canada leaving me behind. What do I tell my friends? How can I bare the shame? I am sure that he has eloped with that Samantha girl? God, I am finished!”
Mama Eno: “You just shut up and allow me think”..........

Samathan, stop breathing ke? Oh no, God please revive her, she must not die!

To be continued

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Optimizing To Design A Speedy Mobile-Friendly Website debit99 1 1,152 06-11-2021, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Allenwood
  Edo: Wake up, enemies out to frustrate your political assignment – Primate Ayodele Edoman 0 522 12-30-2020, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Edoman
  Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina Edoman 0 676 12-27-2020, 12:05 AM
  I have no enemies to fight - Former President Goodluck accepts Shagari son’s Apology Edoman 0 655 10-05-2020, 06:41 PM
  5 Qs, 5 As with Bleeding Environmentally friendly Region Namath 0 851 07-22-2020, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Namath
  Enemies of APC are behind attacks by bandits in the north - Governor Masari Edoman 1 988 07-20-2020, 04:23 PM
  Jonathan’s enemies have been disgraced’ – Fani-Kayode Edoman 0 1,119 10-12-2019, 07:53 PM
  An search engine optimization friendly website priya1322 0 1,154 10-05-2019, 08:52 AM
Last Post: priya1322