The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Tuesday 20th July
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES,

TUESDAY 20TH JULY 2021. 

Pastor Chris

TOPIC: PUT YOUR BODY IN SUBJECTION

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness (2 Peter 1:5-6).

Temperance is from the Greek word “egkrateia” and it means self-control, the ability and will to control your impulses, to delay immediate gratification for a long-term gain. That simply means the ability to wait or hold on, saying “no” or “not now” to your impulses.

This was the virtue Moses displayed after he had been raised as a prince in Pharaoh’s house. The Bible says, “...when he grew up, refused to be treated as the son of Pharaoh’s daughter. He chose to share the oppression of God’s people instead of enjoying the fleeting pleasures of sin” (Hebrews 11:24-25 NLT). “What if I don’t have temperance?” someone may ask.

As long as you’re born again, you have the virtue of temperance. The Bible says it’s the fruit of the recreated human spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). The man who desires to operate effectively with this virtue must learn to control his senses. And that can be achieved by training your body.

You have to discipline your body; break it the way you break a horse until it does what you say, not you doing what it says. If your body can’t be subject to you, then it means you’re a slave to your body. And you can’t do anything serious for the Lord if you’re body-ruled.

In 1 Corinthians 9:27, Paul said, “...I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection....” For instance, you can decide you’ll not sleep whenever you’re in church, or whenever you’re studying the Bible or listening to God’s Word; that’s temperance.
Also, when you fast; don’t find yourself going for food barely an hour into the fast. Part of the essence of a fast is to deny yourself the natural cravings in order to put your body in subjection to your spirit. You have the ability and will to control your impulses, to subdue your body and tell it what to do, and it’ll comply.

CONFESSION

I’m a soldier in God’s army, and I’ve crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Therefore, I keep my body under, and bring it into subjection. I have the ability and will to control my impulses, to delay immediate gratification for a long-term gain, to the glory of God. I tell my body what to do, and it complies! Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27
Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Acts 26:19-32 & Psalms 19-20

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Luke 9:49-62 & Joshua 16-17

#RHEMAFORTODAY 

Say these with me, ‘My hands are filled with the blessings of the Lord. Anyone I touch surely must be blessed; anything I do will be magnified. 

I am in God’s place for my life and the Spirit of God has granted me understanding and insight into His will, purpose, and plans as I study the Word. My heart is flooded with wisdom and spiritual understanding; I live a life of peace and unlimited prosperity in Christ Jesus.

The peace of God that transcends human understanding fills my heart today, and I prosper exceedingly in all things. I am not of this world; I am from the government of heaven.

I am seated with Christ in the place of authority, over and above every government, authority, power, lordship and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. I am over and above all circumstances of life. I am greatly favoured! God’s favour surrounds me like a shield.

It opens doors for me, bringing me into my place of greatness. I walk with confidence today and always, knowing that with favour working in me, nothing is too good for me! I am a victor in this life.

All things are possible unto me because the ability of God is at work in me. I refuse to recognize limitations, or hindrances to my journey of success, victory, and prosperity. 

I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. Christ is my wisdom therefore I am wise, I have the wisdom to do whatever I need to do. 

I function today at my best potentials because the wisdom of God works in me, talking through me, leading me, guiding me and causing me to be effective and productive in everything I lay my hands to do. Glory to God. Hallelujah!

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: TUESDAY 20TH JULY 2021

THEME: IDENTIFY YOUR OFFICE AND OPERATE THEREIN 

MEMORISE:

Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men. Proverbs 22:29

READ: 1 Corinthians 12:4-7.

4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

Apostle Paul tells us in the Bible reading of today that he would not want us to be ignorant of the truth concerning our calling as Christians and workers in the vineyard. Hosea’s 4:6 also emphasizes the danger of ignorance: 
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge…”

In order words, lies hold people captive! In Proverbs 22:29 we read that a person who is diligent in his or her business shall stand before kings. In what business? The fellow is to be diligent in whatever is committed into his or her hands – academically, professionally, spiritually and in all other areas.

“Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.” Ecclesiastes 9:10 

The Scripture above emphasizes the need for diligence.

In the light of today’s reading, let us consider some things worthy of learning: One, it is possible for Christians to be ignorant of facts about spiritual gifts. Two, there are many gifts in the body of Christ and every believer should possess at least one. Three, it is the Holy Spirit who distributes gifts to every believer as He chooses. Four, there are differences in the administration as well as division of labor. Thus, believers should beware of carrying out too many activities in the Church by themselves because it could be counter-productive. Five, though there are differences in operations from believer to believer, it is the same God through His Holy Spirit that works in all genuine believers. Six, the Holy spirit then gives different assignments to different believers for the edification of the entire Body of Christ.

Thus, we see that it is not for the fun of it that believers are endowed with one gift or another. Therefore, we come to the seventh lesson: no gifts either superior or inferior to another. For this reason, Apostle Paul further wrote to warn us against discriminating in the use of the spiritual gifts (1 Corinthians 15:17). 

Therefore beloved, let us work together as many members, but one indivisible Body of Christ- everyone playing his or her part as the Lord has given us enablement. We shall not miss our reward in Jesus’ name. 

ACTION POINT:
Identify your spiritual gift(s) and begin to operate in its fulness, to the glory of God.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Job 19-20.

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 10:   I’M PRESSING ON THE UPWARD WAY.

1. I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I’m onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”

o Refrain:
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith, on Heaven’s tableland,
A higher plane than I have found;
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

2. My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where those abound,
My prayer, my aim, is higher ground.

3. I want to live above the world,
Though Satan’s darts at me are hurled;
For faith has caught the joyful sound,
The song of saints on higher ground.

4. I want to scale the utmost height
And catch a gleam of glory bright;
But still I’ll pray till heav’n I’ve found,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY DR PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

TUESDAY 20TH JULY, 2021

TOPIC: THE TRAGEDY OF INGRATITUDE

SCRIPTURE: Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer. 1 Corinthians 10:10

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Don’t let murmuring, complaining and grumbling dry up your resources. 

It has been established that the lifestyle of ingratitude is a doorway to stagnation in life and destiny.

The children of Israel suffered the tragedy of ingratitude in the wilderness on their way to the Promised Land. When they first saw manna and they asked, “What is this?” they were sentenced to the same diet for 40 years in the wilderness. 

The first day manna fell, they called it manna. I want you to know that “manna” is not a name but a question, “What is this?” They called it “manna” meaning, “What is this?” That is to say, when the manna fell, they asked a question instead of thanking God for the supply.

Then God seemed to say, “You said, ‘What is this?’ instead of thanking me for what I have provided? Eat it for 40 years”.  There was no change of diet for them. They could have gotten other variety of foods had they given thanks to God, but they ate the same manna for forty years for questioning God. 

Beloved, don’t question God. Thank God for where you are; somebody is praying for it. You may not know the person but there is someone somewhere whose expectation is for your current position.

So refuse to question God. Don’t let murmuring, complaining and grumbling dry up your resources. Avoid the tragedy of ingratitude. 

Remember this: Don’t let murmuring, complaining and grumbling dry up your resources. 

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Refuse to murmur or complain.

2. Always appreciate God for where you are per time.

PRAYER: Lord, deliver me from the lifestyle of ingratitude. Help me to appreciate You always for where I am on the way to where I’m going, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: ABUNDANCE IN THE GLORY

QUOTE: Avoid a life of murmuring and complaining. Learn to wake up in the morning with praise. Culled from “15 KINGDOM STRATEGIES FOR SURVIVAL” by Dr Paul Enenche.

DAILY READING: Isaiah 16-18

REFLECTION: God is the reason for every good thing you see in your life. God is the reason why the expectation of the enemy regarding your life is not fulfilled.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: As your appreciation flows, may good things continue to flow and flourish in your life, in Jesus’ Name.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM