The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Sunday 11th July
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES, 

SUNDAY 11TH JULY 2021. 

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

TOPIC: EXPRESS LOVE—ESPECIALLY IN YOUR WORDS .

For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body (James 3:2).

The verse above tells us about Christian perfection or maturity in Christ and how to measure it. He says, “If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man….” Jesus said, “For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned” (Matthew 12:37). He put the premium on words.

In other words, whether you go to heaven or you go to hell would depend on the words you speak. Your life came by words, and so, it’ll always be dependent on words. Some people don’t understand this, so they speak carelessly, using profane and derogatory words, especially when they’re angry or unhappy.

Don’t pride yourself in your ability to subdue others with ugly words that damage their self-esteem. It may be someone who’s confided in you about something, but now there’s an issue; don’t see it as an opportunity to “expose” him or her. Think about the ministry of the Holy Spirit in your life: even though He knows everything about you, He never accuses or denigrates you before anyone. He loves and protects you always.

Jesus is that way too. He knew all men and knew everything about everybody, but He related to them in love. Even as He ministered to some of those who rejected His message, He said, “I judge you not” (John 12:47). How gracious He is! That’s the example He gives us to follow. 

If He never accuses you, if He doesn’t condemn you, if He doesn’t berate you with disparaging words, why do you think it would be proper to do that to your brothers and sisters? Express love only, especially in your words.

CONFESSION

I give vent only to gracious and love-filled words; I continually fill my heart with the Word of God, and out of that abundance, I speak, expressing His love in words, edifying and impacting my hearers with His divine presence, power and glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Colossians 4:6
Let your speech [be] alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Ephesians 4:2 NLT
Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love.

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Luke 6:45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Acts 21:1-16 & Job 25-28

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Luke 8:11-18 & Joshua 7

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE:  SUNDAY 11TH JULY 2021. 

THEME: HONORABLE WORKMAN?

HYMN 24:   TAKE MY LIFE, AND LET IT BE.
1. 1 Take my life and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to thee.
Take my moments and my days;
let them flow in endless praise,
let them flow in endless praise.

2. 2 Take my hands and let them move
at the impulse of thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
swift and beautiful for thee,
swift and beautiful for thee.

3. 3 Take my voice and let me sing
always, only, for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
filled with messages from thee,
filled with messages from thee.

4. 4 Take my silver and my gold;
not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
every power as thou shalt choose,
every power as thou shalt choose.

5. 5 Take my will and make it thine;
it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart it is thine own;
it shall be thy royal throne,
it shall be thy royal throne.

6. 6 Take my love; my Lord, I pour
at thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be
ever, only, all for thee,
ever, only, all for thee.

MEMORISE:

But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 2 Timothy 2:20-21

BIBLE READING:  2 Timothy 2:20-21

20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Our Gd is God of plan and purpose. He does not do anything without a reason. For example, when He wanted to create man, He said “…. Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea …..” (Genesis 1:26).

Also, when God sent His only begotten Son to the world, it was for a purpose- “ ….. for he shall save his people from their sins.” (Matthew 1:21). Examples are inexhaustible. In the same vein, when God brings us to Himself through the ministry of the Church, it is for a purpose. You are not in Church just to add to the number. Therefore, every child of God must find out the divine purpose for his or her life.

Every child of God must also ensure that he or she is spiritually prepared as a vessel unto honor and not unto dishonor. The striking thing about this truth is that both honorable and dishonorable vessels are found in the Church! Every Christian must therefore ensure that he or she is vessel unto honor (2 Timothy 2:20).

To be a vessel of honor, every child of God must purge himself or herself of anything sinful. Matthew 5:48 says:
“Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.”

2 Corinthians 6:14 says in part, that we should not touch the unclean things; rather we should separate ourselves from the world of darkness. A vessel of honor according to the Psalmist does not walk in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stand in the way of sinners, nor sit in the seat of the scornful (Psalm 1:1).

Beloved, if you want to be used of God for good works, be ready to pay the price of a true disciple and live holy. The Lord will not only use you but He will reward you handsomely according to Mark 10:28-30. As Christians, we have the greatest calling, so let us make ourselves available for good and honorable service.

May the Lord find us to be worthy vessels in the mighty name of Jesus.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please make me an honorable workman in Your vineyard in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Job 1-2.

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY DR. PAUL ENENCHE.

SUNDAY 11 JULY, 2021.

TOPIC: OVERCOMING THE TEMPTATION NOT TO GO FAR WITH GOD.

SCRIPTURE: And Pharaoh said, I will let you go, that ye may sacrifice to the Lord your God in the wilderness; only ye shall not go very far away: intreat for me. Exodus 8:28.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The best of God is reserved for those who go far with Him.

Earlier in our studies, we saw two key proofs of dedication to God as worship and service (Matthew 4:10).

It is confirmed that profitable service equals productive living. When we serve God profitably, we live productively. And because the devil knows that there is profit in serving God, he does everything to fight your dedication to God and the dividends of that dedication. The devil wants a dedicated person to be lukewarm, lethargic and complacent because he knows that fervent service in God produces fire-full results. 

Now, what are the temptations that hinder effective service? 

i. It is the temptation not to go far with God (Exodus 8:27).

This is the first temptation that Pharaoh confronted the children of Israel with.  Exodus 8:28 says, 

And Pharaoh said, I will let you go, that ye may sacrifice to the Lord your God in the wilderness; only ye shall not go very far away: intreat for me.

Pharaoh seemed to have told Moses, “Do anything you want to do with God as long as you don’t go too far from Egypt.”

Today, the devil tempts and tells people, “Don’t be too serious with God. Don’t be a fanatic”. 

Many serious-minded Christians were told: “Don’t carry church on your head. Don’t kill yourself. Do anything you want to do with God but take it easy. God understands.”

Beloved, please know that the best of God is reserved for those who go far with Him. Therefore, make up your mind to go far with God.

Remember this: The best of God is reserved for those who go far with Him.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Refuse to fall into the temptation not to go far with God.

2. Make up your mind to go far with God.

PRAYER: Lord, I refuse to be a shallow Christian. Help me to go far with You in consecration and dedication, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: TEMPTATIONS THAT HINDERS EFFECTIVE SERVICE

QUOTE: Let service to God and His kingdom be the reason why you live. Culled from “15 KINGDOM STRATEGIES FOR SURVIVAL” by Dr Paul Enenche.

DAILY READING: Ecclesiastes 9-11

REFLECTION: How far are you ready to go with God? What are you willing to give up in your relationship with God? It determines what God will do with your life. 

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: Grace to go all the way with God is released for you in Jesus’ Name.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM