The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error

Forums
Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://contripeople.com)
+-- Forum: Retired Forums (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Forum: Retired Forums. Please Make Your Post Within The 3 Forums In General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Forum: Daily Devotions (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August (/showthread.php?tid=48287)

Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August - Edoman - 08-23-2021

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES, 

MONDAY 23RD AUGUST 2021. 

Pastor Chris

TOPIC: THE POWER OF OBEDIENCE

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross (Philippians 2:8).

God has His structures and systems, and operates by principles, but there’re those who always choose their own way. The Bible says
there’s a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death (Proverbs 14:12). It pays to listen to God and follow His ways. Never walk in disobedience.

For example, as a result of Adam’s disobedience, the Bible tells us “Death ruled like a king ...” (Romans 5:17 CEV). The Amplified Classic translation puts it this way: “...because of one man’s trespass (lapse, offense) death reigned through that one....” Well then, as one man’s disobedience led to condemnation for all men, so also did Christ’s act of righteousness lead to eternal life and divine acquittal of all men. Jesus, the second and last Adam, did this by obedience.

We also read in our opening verse that He “... being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.” Remember that Jesus is Himself God, but nothing was going to make Him rebellious against the Father. He was going to be obedient unto death, even the death of the Cross. God had to respond to the obedience of Jesus: “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name” (Philippians 2:9). 

He was given the highest title that could be conferred, because of His obedience. Glory to God!
Obedience is a great blessing in the realm of the Spirit. Being born again, you have an obedient spirit; the Bible calls us obedient children (1 Peter 1:14). So, it’s natural for you to walk in the light of God’s Word, and be completely yielded to spiritual instructions.

PRAYER

My life is consecrated to you, dear Father; thank you for your love for me, and for your glory in my life! Today and always, I live to glorify you, serving you with whole-hearted devotion, keeping your Word, fulfilling your purpose for my life, and producing works of righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

1 Peter 1:13-14 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

Philippians 2:5-10

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 Corinthians 8 & Psalms 120-127

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Luke 18:18-27 & 1 Samuel 10

God bless you

RE: Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August - Edoman - 08-23-2021

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: MONDAY 23RD AUGUST 2021

THEME: COMPLETE RESTORATION 

MEMORISE:

After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly. Mark 8:25

READ: Acts 3:1-8

1. Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.

2 And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;

3 Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.

4 And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.

5 And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.

6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

7 And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.

8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.

It is one thing to be restored, it is another to experience complete restoration. Some people are restored halfway- like the nine lepers in Luke 17:12-19. The only one who received complete restoration was the tenth leper because he returned to give thanks to the Lord. Complete restoration does not allow any backwardness or stagnation. This is why I always assure those who have received one miracle or another that when they give the testimony of what the Lord has done, it will always be permanent.

A typical example of complete restoration is found in the Bible reading of today. When the lame man at the gate called Beautiful got his healing, it was complete. First, his feet and ankle bones received strength for the first time in his life. After this, he began to walk, and then to leap- praising God. May you experience complete restoration of whatever you have lost, in Jesus’ name.

The story in our memory verse of today reveals another typical example of complete restoration. The lessons in the story from which we took our memory verse are many. One, Jesus will not stop until He has completed whatever miracle He starts. Two, He always completes His miracle in the life of an individual, as revealed in that story. When the man said he was seeing men like trees, Jesus was not satisfied with such an incomplete miracle; He continued to do what He knew how to do best until it was complete, perfect and delivered. The Lord will perfect the good work he has started in your life and He will not abandon it until it is complete in Jesus’ name.

You can have complete restoration in your spiritual life if you have missed it one way or the other. You can be born again, sanctified, and baptized in the Holy Ghost. Your expectation for the complete restoration of your shattered dreams shall not be cut short in Jesus’ name. I just want to advise you to have an encounter with Jesus Christ- the one who can make all your dreams come true. You will have testimonies of the complete restoration of your destiny, in the mighty name of Jesus.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please give me my desired breakthrough and let it be complete, in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 122-124.

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 12:   IN CHRIST ALONE.

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My comforter, my all in all
Here, in the love of Christ, I stand

In Christ alone, who took on flesh