The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forums
Sports update - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://contripeople.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Thread: Sports update (/showthread.php?tid=42136)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Sports update - Edoman - 03-15-2021

Chelsea player Callum Hudson-Odoi under investigation after trying to 'force' a doctor to take responsibility for his Lamborghini crash

[Image: 604ef6c720cc0.webp]

England and Chelsea footballer, Callum Hudson-Odoi is in a fraud probe after crashing his Lamborghini.

Odoi's £215,000 supercar collided with a ten-year-old Renault driven by a junior doctor.

[Image: 604ef6ef0db1a.webp]

Odoi aged 20, and two others began filming the doctor while asking him to admit liability for the crash but the doctor refused, claiming his car had been hit from behind by the £100,000-a-week player driving the Lamborghini Urus.

After the crash in Wandsworth, South West London, in August, Callum did not produce documents and was not under investigation but is now being probed after the doctor revealed what happened.

The doctor said: “There was a big jolt when his car hit me.

“I recognised Callum the moment he jumped out of his car. He was wearing his full Chelsea kit and was angry.

“They started videoing me but I wouldn’t admit it was my fault.

“I waited for his brother to turn up. They mocked me for driving an old car.

“My insurance company received documentation for a Ferrari and then a Mercedes. I want police to investigate.”

Officers said inquiries are “ongoing” into an offence alleged by the doctor. Bradley, who is Odoi's brother called the allegations “nonsense.”

A lawyer for Callum said: “The driver made an allegation to police against a third party, not Callum.”

[Image: icon_share.png]

Lionel Messi Angry At Barcelona Fans Outside Camp Nou (Photos, Video) 

Lionel Messi expressed his anger at Barcelona fans, who were filming him leaving the Camp Nou Stadium after training.

Messi was driving away from the Nou Camp when a number of fans started recording videos of him while in his car.

Having experienced the same thing on numerous occasions, Messi is now tired of it and was not happy.

In a video now viral on social media, the 33-year-old wind down the window and spoke to the fans about it.

"Why do you always make the same video if you have done this before?" Messi said in the video.

"Do you think it's okay to do the same thing every time? Stop."

The fans quickly apologised and said "Sorry Leo!" in Spanish.

Watch Video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDVn4UoicBM

[Image: 13264793_285f36c3604e4cee3c69c9abb5f6e9c...eee5d4756b]
[Image: 13264794_polish20210315133419071_jpegb53...06a8bc8a05]
[Image: 13264795_polish20210315134631148_jpeg389...a20dca30e0]

Yes it may be'' - Zidane reacts to rumors of Cristiano Ronaldo's return to Real Madrid

[Image: 604f80950f43f.jpg]

Real Madrid coach, Zinedine Zidane, has reacted to recent reports Cristiano Ronaldo could make a shock return back to the Spanish giants.

Since Juventus exited the UEFA champions league last week, there have been reports that former clubs Real Madrid and PSG might be interested in signing him up.

According to Zidane, whose club has been experiencing difficulties since Ronaldo's departure, ‘it may be’ true that Juventus talisman Cristiano Ronaldo could return to the club.

The French coach was interviewed by Sky ahead of the return leg against Atalanta in the last 16 of the Champions League and the reporters wanted to know about the possibility of Ronaldo’s return to the Santiago Bernabeu.

“Yes, it may be,” Zidane replied. “We know Cristiano, we know the person he is and everything he has done here.

“But now he’s a Juventus player and we must respect this.

“Now, let’s see what the future will be. I was lucky enough to coach him and he is very impressive. Right now, he’s helping Juventus.”

RE: Sports update - Edoman - 03-16-2021

LaLiga: Messi equals Xavi’s record after Barcelona’s 4-1 win over Huesca

on
 March 16, 2021

[Image: Messi-1.jpg.webp]

Barcelona captain, Lionel Messi, has equalled the club’s legend Xavi Hernandez’s record for the most appearances for the Blaugrana.

Barcelona made this known in a post via its website on Monday.
Messi achieved the record after featuring in Barcelona’s LaLiga 4-1 win over Huesca last night.

The match was Messi’s 767th appearance for Barcelona in all competitions so far. Xavi also featured 767 times for Barca before he left the LaLiga giants in 2015.

Meanwhile, a brace from Messi and a strike from Antoine Griezmann and Oscar Mingueza gave Ronald Koeman’s men all three points against Huesca at Camp Nou.

The win over Huesca means Barcelona are now in the second position on the LaLiga table, with 59 points from 27 games.

The Catalan club are four points behind league leaders, Atletico Madrid.

Inter's Barella inspired by Lakers superstar LeBron James

[Image: barella-cropped_3splo15qez4y1h7cce6591lr...uality=100]

Nicolo Barella said he is inspired by Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James and former NBA MVP Allen Iverson as the Inter midfielder discussed his love of basketball.

Barella has established himself as one of the best midfielders in Serie A and Europe amid Inter's Scudetto charge this season.

The 24-year-old Inter and Italy star has scored three Serie A goals and supplied five assists for the Nerazzurri, who are nine points clear atop the table.

Barella revealed he wears the number 23 jersey because of four-time NBA champion James, while also highlighting his admiration for Philadelphia 76ers great Iverson.

"I played basketball for four years. There was a lot of competition in my family, but my cousins are better than me," Barella told Sky Sport Basketball Conversation.

"I discuss basketball with Romelu Lukaku, Achraf Hakimi and Lautaro Martinez. We follow NBA. When I join the national team, I talk about it with Davide Calabria, Mattia Perin and Giorgio Chiellini.

"Allen Iverson's jersey was one of the first ones I bought. Seeing someone like him dominating among the giants was an important source of inspiration for me. In addition to his technical skills, his attitude impressed me.

"I wear the number 23 shirt, because LeBron James also inspires me. I used to have the number 24 because it's the day when my daughter was born. I had a little argument with my wife for this change, but in the end, she understood.

"What impresses me about LeBron is the fact that he manages to change a team, bringing all his team-mates to the highest level.

"Cristiano Ronaldo is the LeBron James of football. He has talent, desire to work hard, and longevity and he brings his desire to win in every team.

"Winning the NBA is like winning the Champions League, it's more important than a Scudetto, even if I hope I can win one sooner or later."

RB Leipzig boss Nagelsmann dismisses Barca speculation

[Image: nagelsmann-cropped_1epvw22rz5bax1uu3op4j...uality=100]

RB Leipzig head coach Julian Nagelsmann played down reports linking him to Barcelona amid ongoing speculation.

Nagelsmann is reportedly wanted at Camp Nou by new Barcelona president Joan Laporta, who is believed to be eyeing a replacement for Ronald Koeman.

Leipzig boss Nagelsmann has also been linked with Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich amid doubts over Hansi Flick's future.
Unfazed by it all, Nagelsmann instead believes such stories are normal to hear and conversations internally do not arise because of media speculation. 

"I keep in touch with Alfred [Schreuder – current Barcelona assistant coach], but not only since it has been made public," the 33-year-old German told reporters.

"It is simply because he was my assistant manager [at Hoffenheim], and we have a great relationship. We message each other every now and then but mainly talk about personal topics and not about any other things.

"I don't think the players are interested in all this, so they don’t ask about it. I think it's normal in football that such things are being written from time to time.

"For example, Sabi [Marcel Sabitzer] was linked with Tottenham for a long time, but I didn't talk to him about it once.

"I know he gives his best all the time and you can use any player as an example for that. This is normal in football. No one has asked me about this yet."

Nuno: Patricio fully conscious after head injury against Liverpool

[Image: rui-patricio_1tn4xajn4rsr41p47km2w66dv8....uality=100]

Wolves goalkeeper Rui Patricio is fully conscious and 'okay' after suffering a sickening blow to the head during defeat to Liverpool, Nuno Espirito Santo has revealed.

The Portuguese was forced off on a stretcher after colliding with teammate Conor Coady during injury time of Monday evening's Premier League fixture at Molineux.

Wolves' medical staff have already dealt with one serious head injury this season, Raul Jimenez suffering a skull fracture at Arsenal in November from which he has yet to return.

However, speaking after his side were beaten 1-0 by the champions, Nuno revealed that Patricio's prognosis is far more encouraging.

He told Sky Sports: "We just have an update now, he's okay. He's conscious, he remembers what happened, he's aware. He's okay.
"[It was] a collision with Coady, I think, the knee of Coady on the head. But he's okay. We speak already, he's okay.

"All these situations, when it's a concussion on the head, gets us worried. But he's okay, he's going to recover, everything's okay."
Liverpool forward Diogo Jota scored the winning goal on his first return to Molineux since sealing a £45m summer move to Monday's visitors.

But his first thoughts after the match were for his former Wolves and current international colleague Patricio.

He said: "Life is more important. I hope it's nothing too serious and we wish him obviously a speedy recovery."

Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: Jota returns to haunt old club and fire Reds to sixth

[Image: diogo-jota_1nxm3gnceqeif1fofasehwi1og.jp...uality=100]

Diogo Jota marked his return to Wolves with a winning goal as Liverpool earned a 1-0 victory at Molineux on Monday.

Making his first appearance at his former home since a £45million transfer last year, the Portuguese netted the decisive strike of a tightly contested game.

That ensured Jurgen Klopp's side built on a recovery started against RB Leipzig in the Champions League to move up to sixth in the Premier League table.

The hosts, meanwhile, continued an up-and-down campaign with a 12th league defeat that was further soured by the late loss of goalkeeper Rui Patricio to a head injury, which prompted a 14-minute stoppage and the use of a concussion substitution.

A quick start from Wolves resulted in a strong penalty claim inside the first three minutes, Alisson perhaps fortunate not to be punished for bringing down Nelson Semedo after spilling an Adama Traore cross.

But after the hosts wasted a number of promising counter-attacking opportunities, Liverpool began to grow in confidence and should have been ahead when Sadio Mane was played through on goal but failed to sort his feet in time to shoot.

The game continued in back-and-forth fashion thereafter, with Ruben Neves wasting Wolves' best chance when he drove well wide following a cross to the back post that gave him plenty of time.

And that miss was punished seconds before the half-time whistle as the returning Jota finished off a sweeping move involving Mane and Mohamed Salah with his left foot.

Nuno Espirito Santo's men started the second half as brightly as they had the first and would have hoped to see Conor Coady do better than head over an inviting cross after a half-cleared corner.

They continued to pile pressure on the champions, though, with only a strong hand from Alisson preventing a low Traore cross from being turned goalward.
Wolves struggled to create anything more meaningful across the remainder of the match, however, and could have been beaten more comfortably had a tight offside call not denied Salah four minutes from the end of normal time in an incident that saw Patricio sustain a concerning blow.

What does it mean? Reds recovery continues
If Liverpool hoped to use their progression to the Champions League quarter-finals as a springboard to improved league form, this was an ideal start.
It still remains to be seen, however, whether Klopp's men can improve the home form that has been the source of their recent ills.
Three points but tonight our thoughts are with Rui Patricio

Mane quietly stars for Reds
Key Opta Facts

- Wolves have lost their past nine Premier League games against Liverpool, their joint-longest losing run versus a side in their league history alongside nine consecutive defeats vs Brighton between 1979 and 1989. 
- Liverpool have only lost two of their last 100 Premier League games in which they have scored first (W84 D14). 
- The Reds have won four of their past five away Premier League games (L1), as many as they had won in their previous 15 on the road in the competition (D6 L5). 
- Jota became just the second player to score both for and against Wolves in the Premier League after Stephen Hunt.
- Liverpool's James Milner made his 158th Premier League appearance as a substitute, the joint-most in the competition's history alongside Peter Crouch.

What's next? 

A combination of the international break and FA Cup scheduling means Liverpool are now not in action until they travel to Arsenal on April 4.
Wolves' wait will go until the day after, another Monday fixture at Molineux, this time against West Ham.

Barcelona 4-1 Huesca: Messi sparkles as Koeman's men go second

[Image: messi-enjoyed-a-landmark-outing-on-monda...uality=100]

Lionel Messi scored two gorgeous goals befitting the occasion as he moved level with Xavi as Barcelona's all-time record appearance-maker in Monday's 4-1 win over Huesca, moving the Blaugrana up to second in LaLiga.

The Barca captain was playing his 767th match for the club across all competitions and played a starring role as Ronald Koeman's men closed the gap on leaders Atletico Madrid to four points, though there were a few scares along the way.

Messi's sumptuous effort got the ball rolling, as Barcelona's talisman became the first player in LaLiga history to net 20 goals in 13 successive campaigns, and Antoine Griezmann scored an arguably even better effort soon after for his 150th top-flight strike.

A farcical penalty allowed Huesca to pull one back through Rafa Mir, who also inexplicably wasted a remarkable opportunity in the wake of Oscar Mingueza making it 3-1, and Messi finished them off towards the end with another fine goal.

The game was just 13 minutes old when Messi made his mark, effortlessly bending a 20-yard effort around Alvaro Fernandez and into the top-left corner via the crossbar.

Jordi Alba almost made it 2-0 just past the half-hour when his shot from a tight angle was kept out by the frame of the goal, but two minutes later Griezmann picked out the same corner as Messi but from about 10 yards further out – his first league goal since the end of January.

Huesca got themselves a lifeline in bizarre circumstances just before the break, Mir converting a penalty after Marc-Andre ter Stegen was deemed to have fouled him when essentially brushing the striker's shin with his hand, the ball having flashed past both of them.
Barca restored the two-goal lead early in the second period, Mingueza getting his head to a Messi cross to open his account for the senior side.

Huesca should have reduced the deficit again a few moments later, though, as Mir somehow nudged the ball over the goal from under the crossbar with his chest after latching on to Dani Escriche's header across goal.

Messi capped off a wonderful individual display with his second goal in the 90th minute, receiving Francisco Trincao's pass and elegantly picking out the bottom-left corner from just outside the box.

What does it mean? '¡Hay Liga!'
Granted, Mir did score the penalty that he won – remarkably. But it is difficult to look past his astonishing second-half miss at 3-1. A goal then, when he cleared the crossbar from almost directly underneath it, would have really tested Barca's mettle and resolve, particularly given Huesca actually looked a credible threat when they went forward. That was one of five shots he had, but only two were on target.

Key Opta facts

- Barcelona have gone 17 games without losing in LaLiga (W14 D3), the best current unbeaten streak of any team in Europe's top five leagues.
- Mingueza's goal means Barcelona have seen 17 of their players score at least once this season, becoming in the team with more different scorers in the top leagues. Atalanta, Borussia Dortmund and Manchester City all have 16.
- No other player has scored more goals from outside the box in Europe's elite divisions than Messi (seven) this season.
- Griezmann scored his 150th LaLiga goal. He has 16 for Barcelona, 40 for Real Sociedad and 94 for Atletico Madrid.

What's next?
Barca will be expecting more of a test at Real Sociedad on Sunday, while Huesca continue their fight for survival at home to Osasuna a day earlier.

Jurgen Klopp's agent reacts to rumors of his exit from Liverpool despite winning Champions league and premier league

[Image: 605087b1b8461.jpg]

Despite winning the UEFA Champions league and English premier league in the last two seasons, there have been reports that Liverpool coach Jurgen Klopp could be sacked at the end of the season, but his agent has now come out to address those rumors.

Klopp has delivered Liverpool's sixth European Cup and first Premier League crown during his five-year reign, but a disastrous premier league title defence in 2020-21 has seen the Reds drop to sixth in the table, leading to question marks over the German's future.

His agent Marc Kosicke has now come out to rule out the possibility of him departing the club this summer.

“He's not finished with his work in Liverpool,” Klopp's agent told Sport1.

“There is no back door open because Jurgen still has a three-year contract with the Reds.

"He made this very clear so that there would be no room for speculation.”

Liverpool have only won four of their last 15 top-flight matches and have lost their last six outings at Anfield.

Liverpool are still 25 points behind leaders Manchester City and five adrift of fourth-placed Chelsea.

b

RE: Sports update - Edoman - 03-17-2021

My Man City teammates don’t pass to me – Aguero laments

on
 March 17, 2021

[Image: Sergio-Aguero.jpg.webp]

Manchester City striker, Sergio Aguero, left the pitch unhappy about his teammates’ reluctance to pass the ball to him, during the final stages of their win against Borussia Monchengladbach in the Champions League.

Aguero replaced Bernardo Silva in the 75th minute, with Pep Guardiola’s side already leading 4-0 on aggregate.
However, the 32-year-old did not register a single shot on goal in 15 minutes on the pitch.

ESPN reports that Aguero expressed his dissatisfaction to a coach following the full-time whistle, saying: “No me pasan la pelota” which translates to “They don’t pass me the ball.”

It is believed that Riyad Mahrez was the main culprit, as he opted to shoot when presented with chances in and around the box in the closing stages.

The Algerian, who has been in prolific form, could not find the back of the net though, with his shots either off target or saved by Gladbach keeper, Yann Sommer.

Aguero has in the past week been linked with a free transfer to Barcelona this summer, with his contract at City expiring at the end of the season.

RE: Sports update - Edoman - 03-18-2021

Champions League: No club wants to play against Chelsea – Tuchel

on
 March 18, 2021

[Image: skysports-thomas-tuchel-chelsea_5253145.jpg]

Chelsea manager, Thomas Tuchel, has insisted that no club in the Champions League wants to play against the Blues.

Tuchel said this after Chelsea defeated Atletico Madrid 2-0 in the round of 16 second-leg tie on Wednesday night at Stamford Bridge to qualify for the last-8 on 3-0 aggregate.

Goals from Hakim Ziyech and Emerson Palmieri gave Chelsea the victory over Diego Simeone’s side.

“The most important thing is we deserve this,” Tuchel said at his post-match press conference.

“They play with a special bond, and results like this give you a certain edge to achieve special things.

“I’m sure no one wants to play against us. This will be a difficult challenge, but on we go, no need to be afraid. We take what we get.”

Champions League: How Diego Simeone reacted to Atletico Madrid 2-0 defeat to Chelsea

on
 March 18, 2021

[Image: Diego-Simeone.jpg.webp]

Atletico Madrid boss, Diego Simeone has reacted to his side’s 2-0 defeat to Chelsea in the Champions League last 16 on Wednesday.

Hakim Ziyech’s first half strike and Emerson Palmieri late effort secured a 3-0 aggregate win for the Blues over the La Liga leaders at Stamford Bridge.
The reversed fixture in Spain ended 1-0 in favour of the Blues who have now booked their place in the quarter finals ahead Friday’s draw.

Simeone congratulated Thomas Tuchel’s men, adding that Atletico Madrid’s effort to attack the Blues yielded no result.

“We tried to go and press them, but they were able to get out of it, and we could not keep up with them,” the Argentine told BT Sport.

“You have to congratulate your opponents when they are the better team. We tried to press them up the field, worked hard. We couldn’t attack the way we like.

“It has been a tough campaign, lets not forget our trips to Russia and Germany, it has been really tough. The reality is we need to keep improving, we have a promising future ahead of us.”

PSG footballer Mauro Icardi sleeps with his wife 12 times a day - Former Italian defender, Daniele Adani says

[Image: 60527566467b1.jpg]

Former Italian defender, Daniele Adani, has revealed that controversial PSG footballer Mauro Icardi has sex with wife, Wanda Nara 12 times a day.

Adani, a close friend and former teammate of Icardi featured on Christian Vieri's Twitch youtube channel and the pair discussed footballers' sex lives.

During the chat, Adani revealed that Icardi and his partner Wanda, who also doubles as his agent, "have sex up to 12 times a day," 

"They both have sex up to 12 times daily" Adani said to which Vieri cheered.

Wanda, meanwhile has never been shy when it comes to revealing her bedroom secrets.

[Image: 605275a361560.png]

One time she said she performs oral sex on Icardi every night and reacted to claims by Antonio Conte's claims that footballers should make as little effort as possible during sex.

Wanda in a recent interview revealed her partner is very professional and does not have sex before a game.

[Image: 605275d91c0fc.webp]

She also added that if he loses a match he doesn't fancy her.

"Only after and if the match went well. If it does not go well, he does not even want to look at me."

Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori fail to make England squad for World Cup qualifiers after switching allegiance and snubbing Nigeria

[Image: 60537f8621b0c.jpg]

Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori have failed to make the England squad for World Cup qualifiers after switching allegiance and snubbing Nigeria. 

Chelsea Striker, Tammy Abraham, was born in the UK to Nigerian parents, while AC Milan defender Fikayo Tomori, was born in Calgary, Canada, to Nigerian parents. But both turned down the chances of representing the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

In 2019, Both players switched their allegiance after they received their England call-ups and went on to plays at the Euro 2020 qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Bulgaria.

On Thursday afternoon March 18, England coach, Gareth Southgate named a 26-strong squad for World Cup qualifiers, and both Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori were missing. 

However, Tammy is currently sidelined due to a recurrence of an ankle injury that he originally suffered in January's 2-2 draw against Arsenal.

Tomori's exclusion in the squad is no surprise, as he struggled for minutes since going on a loan to AC Milan from Chelsea. 

See England squad in full. 

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Sam Johnstone (West Bromwich Albion), Nick Pope (Burnley)

Defenders: Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jesse Lingard (West Ham United, loan from Manchester United), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds United), Declan Rice (West Ham United), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)

Forwards: Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa)

Eden Hazard may never play football again if he undergoes third ankle operation - Top doctor warns

[Image: 60537cf34f311.webp]

Belgium and Real Madrid footballer, Eden Hazard 'may never play football again', a top doctor in Spain has warned.

According to the doctor, the former Chelsea playmaker's career could be in doubt if he performs a third operation on his ankle.

It has been a miserable time for Hazard in Spain since moving from Chelsea in 2019.

Hazard, 30, has been plagued by persistent problems with his left ankle and been unable to reproduce the quality football he was known for at Stamford Bridge.

[Image: 60537d0e0fa69.webp]

Hazard has been restricted to just 14 appearances this season and the playmaker has failed to provide a single assist.

Real Madrid want Hazard to postpone surgery but Belgium reportedly want him to have it immediately so he can play this summer's rescheduled Euro 2020.

But Dr Jose Gonzalez, who works for Atletico Madrid, has warned this could result in the end of his career.

Gonzalez told Ondacero: "Hazard has to train with the team for up to 10 training sessions. In my experience it is difficult for him to return to playing at his level with Real Madrid this season.

"If a player returns after a long injury without having hardly trained, the most normal thing is that he is injured again.

"He has anxiety, he wants to show that he is worth and wants to give 100% and he is not there for that."

"A third operation on Eden Hazard's ankle is very risky, there could be the possibility that the player would not play football again.' 

Hazard has reportedly travelled to London to seek a second opinion on the injury. 

RE: Sports update - Edoman - 03-19-2021

AC Milan 0-1 Manchester United (Agg 1-2) : Paul Pogba to the rescue as United cruise to Europa League quarterfinals

[Image: 6053d0d7daa83.jpg]

Paul Pogba's second half cameo was all Manchester United needed to secure a quarter final berth at the expense of a dogged Milan side intent on frustrating Ole Gunnar Solksjaer's team.

Milan got a vital away goal in last week's first leg at Old Trafford and with the availability of star man Zlatan Ibrahimovic many expected them to disturb United's party on Thursday night, March 18.

[Image: 6053d206f1f37.jpg]

Paul Pogba came off the bench in the second half to score the decisive goal, picking his spot from a tight angle in the left inside channel to give United a 0-1 win and secure a 2-1 aggregate triumph in the tie.

[Image: 6053d1db9d3b3.jpg]

Zlatan Ibrahimovic had Milan's best opportunity, but Dean Henderson was on point to deny the veteran forward. 

[Image: 6053d100a1862.jpg]

United despite facing pressure, comfortably held out at the end to secure their spot in the last eight of the competition.

Manchester United return to action on Sunday against Leicester City in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup at the King Power Stadium.

Quote:French Clubs Refuse To Release African Players For AFCON Qualifiers

The Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP) has confirmed that French clubs will bar their players from travelling for any international games outside Europe.

The decision was reached following a meeting between Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 clubs on Wednesday.

Most African countries have their top players in France and won’t have them for the final 2022 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches.

Some of the affected footballers include Zimbabwe striker, Tino Kadewere (Lyon), Nigeria winger Moses Simon (Nantes), Benin goalkeeper Saturnin Allagbe (Dijon), Cameroon striker Karl Toko Ekambi (Lyon), Senegal forward Boulaye Dia (Reims) and DR Congo’s Gael Kakuta (Lens).

“In the absence of a ‘septaine’ exemption for foreign international players made available to their national team and in view of the response times imposed by international regulations, the clubs of Ligue 1 Uber Eats and Ligue 2 BKT have decided to unanimously this Wednesday March 17, apply the Fifa circular of February 5, 2021 taking into account the many travel restrictions in the world,” LFP’s statement read in part.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/03/18/french-clubs-refuse-to-release-african-players-for-afcon-qualifiers/

[Image: 13279139_images_jpeg_jpegeb6c065c105cfe1...aeadfb7a99]

Dinamo Zagreb 3-0 Tottenham (aet, 3-2 agg): Mourinho's sorry Spurs dumped out by Orsic hat-trick

18/03/2021

[Image: mislav-orsic_1tljocbci27ys17gby0lpodk37....uality=100]Dinamo Zagreb's Mislav Orsic (right) celebrates against Tottenham

Tottenham were dumped out of the Europa League as Mislav Orsic's stunning hat-trick sealed a remarkable 3-0 win for Dinamo Zagreb to heap pressure on Jose Mourinho.

Spurs held a 2-0 aggregate advantage ahead of the second leg in Croatia thanks to Harry Kane's brace last week, but they suffered a spectacular collapse against a side whose coach, Zoran Mamic, resigned on Monday after he was sentenced to four years and eight months in prison for fraud. 

Orsic's first came shortly after the hour mark courtesy of a fine strike from outside the penalty area and the Croatia international forced extra time with a cool finish in the 82nd minute. 

His best was yet to come, though, the striker scoring a glorious solo goal after 106 minutes to seal Dinamo's progression to the quarter-finals and leave Mourinho with some tough questions to answer.

The opening period offered no indication of the drama that was to come, with Dinamo's best chance falling to Lovro Majer in the 35th minute as he dragged narrowly wide of Hugo Lloris' right-hand post after the ball had fallen kindly for him inside the penalty area.

Tottenham struggled to get going and had to wait until a minute before the interval for their first attempt on target, Dominik Livakovic denying Kane after a fluid move involving Lucas Moura and Dele Alli.

Spurs scarcely improved after the break and deservedly fell behind after 62 minutes when Orsic cut in from the left and curled a superb strike into the top-right corner from 20 yards.
Orsic struck again with eight minutes remaining, stealing in unmarked to slot home Iyayi Atiemwen's low cross from 12 yards, although only a smart stop from Livakovic denied Kane grabbing an aggregate winner for Spurs shortly after.

The final twist in the tale came when Orsic swept past three Tottenham players before curling beyond Lloris' reach from outside the penalty area a minute into the second half of extra time.
Kane came close to rescuing his side inside the final five minutes but it would have been undeserved as Dinamo left Spurs' hopes of European glory in ruin.

What does it mean? Pressure mounts on Mourinho

Scrutiny will increase on Mourinho after this most humiliating of defeats. Few gave Dinamo any chance of progressing to the last eight after Spurs' dominant win in London, but they got the better of their more illustrious opponents with a display brimming with hunger and skill.

This is the first time an English has taken a two-goal advantage into the second leg of a European tie and ended up being knocked out since Manchester City did so against Monaco in the last 16 of the 2016-17 Champions League.

Orsic makes history

It is not often Kane is overshadowed in the finishing stakes, but Orsic put on a clinic for the England captain. He became the first player to score a hat-trick for Dinamo against an English side in major European competition, while he is also just the second player to score a treble against Spurs in Europe after Serge Gnabry's four-goal haul in last season's Champions League.

Alli sums up Spurs lethargy

Nobody epitomised the dismal nature of Tottenham's display quite like Alli, who made just his 11th start of the season across all competitions. He failed to have a single shot, won just one of his six duels and lost possession on 11 occasions before he was brought off for Giovani Lo Celso after 68 minutes.

Key Opta Facts

- Dinamo Zagreb have progressed from each of their last three knockout ties in major European competition in which they lost the first leg (also versus Ajax in 2007-08 and Viktoria Plzen in 2018-19).

- This is the third time Jose Mourinho has lost a match in European competition by a three-goal margin, with two of those coming with Spurs (also versuss RB Leipzig in March 2020) and another with Real Madrid (versuss Borussia Dortmund in April 2013).
- Dinamo registered their third victory at home to an English side in European competition, following wins against Arsenal in September 2015 (Champions League) and Leeds United in August 1967 (Inter-Cities Fairs Cup).
- Tottenham have failed to keep a clean sheet in 13 of their last 14 away games in the Europa League, including conceding in all five such games under Mourinho.

- Dinamo's Mislav Orsic has been directly involved in seven goals in his last five Europa League games (five goals, two assists).

What's next?

Tottenham will hope to bounce back when they visit Aston Villa in the Premier League on Sunday. Dinamo, meanwhile, host HNK Gorica in the Croatian top flight on the same day.

Mourinho 'more than sad' after Tottenham humiliation in Zagreb

18/03/2021

[Image: jose-mourinho_m84ui3xj43uv1x29ud4ve60g7....uality=100]Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho after his side's Europa League defeat to Dinamo Zagreb

Jose Mourinho slammed the attitude of his Tottenham players after their spectacular Europa League collapse against Dinamo Zagreb on Thursday.

Spurs travelled to Croatia with a two-goal advantage after Harry Kane's brace in the first leg last week, but a stunning Mislav Orsic hat-trick helped the hosts to a remarkable 3-0 win on the night and a 3-2 aggregate victory.

The result meant Spurs became the first English side to take a two-goal lead into the second leg of a European knockout tie and fail to progress since Manchester City against Monaco in the last 16 of the 2016-17 Champions League.

It was also only the third time Mourinho has lost a match in European competition by a three-goal margin, with two of those coming with Spurs (also vs RB Leipzig in March 2020) and another with Real Madrid (vs Borussia Dortmund in April 2013).

Mourinho said his side's insipid display left him feeling "more than sad" and seemingly criticised his players for being complacent.
"If I forget the last minutes of extra time, where we did something to get a different result and go through, in the 90 minutes and first half of extra time there was one team that decided to leave everything on the pitch," he told BT Sport.

"They [Dinamo] left sweat, energy, blood. In the end they left even tears of happiness. Very humble and committed. I have to praise them.

"On the other side, my team. I repeat, my team. They didn't look like it was playing an important match. If for any one of them it is not important, for me it is.

"For the respect I have for my career and my job, every match is important. For every Tottenham fan at home, every match matters. Another attitude is needed.

"To say I feel sad is not enough. What I feel is much more than sadness. I just left the Dinamo dressing room where I went to praise the guys and I feel sorry my team is not the team who won the game based on attitude and compromise. I feel more than sad. That is it.

"Football is not just about players who think they have more quality than others. The basis of football is attitude. They beat us on that.

"I told the players the risk of playing the way we were. It happened because I believe the players only realised it was at risk when they scored the second."