The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forums
Sports Updates - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://contripeople.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Thread: Sports Updates (/showthread.php?tid=33593)

Sports Updates - Edoman - 05-20-2020

Watford player and two staff test positive for Coronavirus

[Image: 5ec501d1b80ce.jpg]

A Watford player and two members of non-playing staff were among six positive tests for coronavirus in the first round of Premier League testing.

On Tuesday, the Premier League announced that six positive Covid-19 results returned from a total of ?748 tests were carried out on players and club staff on Sunday and Monday. 

The club confirmed the news late on Tuesday that a player and two members of non-playing staff tested positive for Coronavirus.

A club statement said: "Watford Football Club confirms that three people have tested positive for the Covid-19 virus following testing at the training ground over the past 48 hours.

"Of those three positive tests, one is a player and two are members of staff. All three have asked that medical confidentiality be respected and, therefore, the club will not be naming those involved.

"All three will now self-isolate for seven days - in line with the protocols set out in Premier League guidelines - before being tested again at a later date.

"Strict adherence to the Premier League guidelines has ensured the training ground remains virus-free and a safe environment for the players to continue to work.

"The club will continue to liaise closely with the affected personnel and there will be no further comment."

Watford captain Troy Deeney has previously spoken out against the restart of the Premier League amid the ongoing pandemic, stating that he doesn't plan to put his family at risk for a return to football.

Burnley also announced in a statement that assistant manager Ian Woan tested positive for Coronavirus. 

"Burnley Football Club can confirm that after completing a Covid-19 test on Sunday, 17th May, assistant manager Ian Woan has tested positive," the club said in a statement released on Tuesday evening.

"The Burnley first-team squad and playing staff were all tested last weekend, ahead of a return to training."

Burnley added that it would "continue to follow the first stage of the return to training protocol, while adhering to Premier League guidance in terms of testing all players and backroom staff twice per week".

RE: Sports Updates - Edoman - 05-20-2020

EPL: Emre Can advises Jadon Sancho against leaving Dortmund for Man Utd

May 20, 2020

[Image: Emre-Can.jpg]
Borussia Dortmund star, Emre Can, has advised his teammate, Jadon Sancho, not to leave the club amid interest from Manchester United.

DAILY POST had reported that Sancho had drawn the interest of Man United in the past few weeks.

Man United are willing to offer the 20-year-old the no.7 shirt in a bid to lure him to join the Old Trafford club this summer.

The Red Devils are believed to be leading the race to sign the England international from Dortmund ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea for a club-record fee.

But Can wants Sancho to reject a big-money move this summer and continue his career at Dortmund.

“I see no reason to put Manchester United above Borussia Dortmund,” the Germany international told Sport Bild.

“Not from a sporting side and not because of the appeal. I would tell Jadon Sancho to stay put and let play together forever.

“Jad has a class that not a lot of players possess. I noticed that fairly quickly.

“He’s enormously important for us.”

COVID-19: UEFA insists football with fans will be back soon

May 20, 2020

[Image: Aleksander-Ceferin.jpg]
UEFA president, Aleksander Ceferin, has expressed his confidence that “good old football with fans will come back very soon” amid the COVID-19 outbreak.

Local and continental club competitions have been put on hold across Europe since mid-March and the European Championships postponed.

The German Bundesliga made a successful return behind closed doors last weekend and other leagues are preparing to follow suit, although with no fans in the stands.

When asked whether he would bet a million dollars that Euro 2020 would be played in 2021, Ceferin told the UK Guardian: “Yes, I would. I don’t know why it wouldn’t be.

“I don’t think that this virus will last forever. I think it will (change) sooner than many think.

“I don’t like this apocalyptic view that we have to wait for the second and third waves or even a fifth wave.

“I’m absolutely sure, personally, that good old football with fans will come back very soon,” he said.

Ceferin further declared he did not expect the game to be profoundly changed by the coronavirus.

“Football didn’t change after the Second World War, or First World War, and it will not change because of a virus either,” he added.

EPL: Three players Klopp wants to leave Liverpool revealed

May 20,

[Image: klopp.jpg]
Liverpool coach, Jurgen Klopp, is reportedly ready to sell three players, to help fund a summer rebuild amid the coronavirus pandemic.

According to The Athletic, Klopp is keen to add RB Leipzig striker, Timo Werner, to his ranks.

DAILY POST recalls that Werner, who is expected to cost the Anfield club £52million, had drawn the interest of the Premier League leaders.

Liverpool can bolster their budget, by offloading several players now deemed surplus to requirements.
They include Xherdan Shaqiri, Harry Wilson and Marko Grujic.

Shaqiri has been on the fringes of the first team and Liverpool are hoping to land £30million for the winger.

The former Stoke City star had loan enquiries from Sevilla and AS Roma turned down in January.

Wilson and Grujic are currently on loan at Bournemouth and Hertha Berlin respectively.
The Reds are hoping offers will arrive for the pair this summer.

How Juan Mata helped me win Champions League trophy – Didier Drogba

May 20, 2020

[Image: Drogba.jpg]
Chelsea legend, Didier Drogba has revealed how his former Blues’ teammate, Juan Mata helped him win the 2012 UEFA Champions League.

Chelsea defeated Bayern Munich 4-3 on penalties in the final to win their first Champions League trophy eight years ago at the Allianz Arena.

Thomas Mueller put the host in front with eight minutes left to the end of the match before Didier Drogba equalised for the Premier League giant following an assist from Mata as the encounter ended 1-1 after 120 minutes.

“Eight years ago, the manager [Andre Villas-Boas] had been sacked by the club and we, the players, had a team meeting where we recognised being partly responsible for his departure,” Drogba wrote on Twitter on Tuesday night.

“The captain @johnterry spoke, @franklampard @petrcech and other leaders in the team too.
“We decided to all give the Champions League everything, despite our defeat 4-1 to Napoli.
“We had been chasing this trophy for 8 years and could not do better than runners up. Everyone agreed to put egos aside and challenge each other for the same goal.

“After that meeting, I asked a young 23-years-old @juanmatagarcia ‘please Maestro, help me win the champions league.’
“He looked at me like ‘man you are crazy, you are Didier Drogba you are gonna help me win it.’
“I then told him I have been here for eight years and never won it, so I believe you are the one who is gonna help us win.

“I will even give you a present if we win it, that was February ending.

“Three months later, we were in Munich, in the Champions League final, in their stadium, submerged with a red wave.

“The hosts took the lead with eight minutes to go and on my way to kick the ball for the last 8 minutes I was so discouraged, the young man [Mata] said to me ‘believe Didi, you have to believe,’ almost in tears I answered after looking at the time score “believe in what? It’ is almost over, I am gonna cry like a few months ago when I lost the final with Côte d’Ivoire.

“Last minute, last corner, I mean the first corner for us against 18 for Bayern Munich.

“Guess who took that corner kick… @juanmatagarcia and the rest is history. The lesson is ALWAYS BELIEVE!”

RE: Sports Updates - Edoman - 05-21-2020

Update: South Korean club FC Seoul slapped with record £67,000 fine for filling empty stands with sex dolls in place of fans

[Image: 5ec5ec873e141.jpg]

South Korean football clubside FC Seoul have been handed a record £67,000 fine for filling their empty stands with sex dolls during their K-League match against Gwangju FC as the league resumed without fans due to the Coronavirus pandemic.

Around 20 sex dolls (male and female) were placed in the stadium with some wearing face masks and the team's jersey colours while others displayed t-shirts and placards with the logo of SoloS, a sex toy seller.

[Image: 5ec5ecb40e581.jpg]

According to the club, the sex toys were placed in the arena as a substitute for fans who are not currently allowed to attend games but the K-League authorities have handed a huge £67,000 fine to the club saying that even though the body recognised that the club had not intentionally ordered sex dolls, the club had enough time to realise a mistake had been made before Sunday evening's kick-off,.

They said the club should have know they were sex dolls given their appearance and characteristics.

[Image: 5ec5ecd38fb7a.jpg]

K-League rules state inappropriate or sexual advertisements are not permitted in stadiums.

The club have since apologized to fans.
'We are sincerely sorry for causing deep concern to fans,' FC Seoul said in a statement to supporters.

'We have confirmed from the very beginning that they had no connection to sex toys.
'Our intention from the start was to provide even a small entertainment after it was decided that the games would be hosted behind closed doors due to coronavirus. 

'Regardless of that, we would like to apologise once again to everyone who loves and supports FC Seoul. We will be holding further discussions on how we can review potential problems in similar matters. We will put forth our due diligence to prevent such issues in the future.' 

EPL: Chelsea announce deal for goalkeeper

May 20, 2020

[Image: willy-caballero-chelsea-2018-19_z6wuyi6r...9la20n.jpg]
Chelsea have confirmed the club has exercised an option to extend goalkeeper Willy Caballero’s contract by one year.

Caballero’s former deal was due to expire on June 30.
He will now certainly be available for the Blues’ final games of the Premier League season should it resume.

Speaking to the club’s official website, Caballero said: “It is a difficult time for everyone right now so I feel blessed by this opportunity and truly appreciate it. I want to thank my team-mates for helping me to be my best and I want to thank the boss and the club for extending my contract.

“I’m sure they will continue to demand the maximum from me and I will compete with the same energy as always. I am very happy.”

The former Manchester City ‘keeper has featured nine times for Frank Lampard’s side this season.

SPORT

COVID-19: Victor Moses’ value drops as Inter Milan eye deal

May 20, 2020

[Image: Victor-Moses.jpg]
Inter Milan have made it clear they are not ready to pay £10.75million for Victor Moses, the UK Sun reports.

The former Nigeria international is owned by Chelsea and Inter have informed the Premier League side they value him at £6m.

The Serie A club believe the financial impact of the COVID-19, means there is no plenty of money to spend this summer.

Moses currently has one year left on his Chelsea deal.

Inter coach, Antonio Conte, has proposed that the winger should be loaned again for whole of the 2020/2021 season, but the Blues are unlikely to agree to that.

Moses has been loaned out to five different clubs since joining Chelsea in 2012 including Liverpool, Stoke City, West Ham, Fenerbahce and Inter.

Watford player, Adrian Mariappa tests positive for coronavirus

May 20, 2020

[Image: Adrian-Mariappa-scaled.jpg]
England and Watford defender, Adrian Mariappa, has revealed that he tested positive for the deadly coronavirus disease.

Mariappa while confirming he contracted the virus, said he is yet to figure out how he got it after barely leaving the house during the lockdown.

He said, “Ever since I got my positive result back on Tuesday, I have been scratching my head to try to work out how I might have got coronavirus.

”It was a big surprise because I haven’t really left the house, apart from some exercise and the odd walk with the kids. I have mainly just been homeschooling and keeping fit.

”My lifestyle is very quiet, certainly no parties or going out or anything, so I really don’t know how I got it.
“Like most people, we have been having more deliveries of food and things, so maybe that’s one way, and my partner has been to the supermarket a few times.

“The club doctor called to tell me and, to be honest, I did ask whether it could be 100 per cent accurate or whether my results could have got muddled up.

“Maybe if I had been displaying any symptoms then it might have made sense but in my head it wasn’t adding up.

”But I have not had any symptoms and I’ve felt as fit as ever, probably fitter because I’ve been working really hard.

“I have been following my training programme and I’ve not felt out of breath or ill, or anything.

”We have been fully monitored the whole time and the club have been able to track our distances and things.
” l have been really excelling in all of that and feeling great.

”It’s quite scary how you can feel absolutely fine and not really have left the house, and yet still get the virus.

“ If it wasn’t for the fact I had gone back to training and had this test, then I’d never have found out that I had the virus and I would just be getting on with things as normal. That’s obviously quite a strange thought.”

Recall that the English Premier League, EPL, had announced that six people have tested positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) from three clubs after the first phase of mass testing.

RE: Sports Updates - Edoman - 05-22-2020

Quote:
[b] Manchester United: Coronavirus Pandemic Has Cost Us £28 Million So Far

Manchester United say the coronavirus pandemic has cost them an initial £28m - and expect the final figure to be far higher.[/b]

United revealed their third-quarter results to 31 March on Thursday.

Chief financial officer Cliff Baty said they are set to hand back £20m in TV revenue to broadcasters even if the Premier League season is completed.

United lost an additional £8m over the final three weeks of March, when they had three matches postponed.

A total of 11 United matches have been postponed because of the pandemic.

Speaking in a conference call after the latest financial results were released, Baty explained that Premier League television broadcasters would get £20m back from the club because of changes in dates and kick-off times resulting from the pandemic.

With games called off - including matches in the Europa League and FA Cup - Baty said that sponsorship revenues had "contracted", and that retail sales had been "impacted" with the club store at Old Trafford still closed.

He added that matchday revenues were "significantly impacted", with an acceptance games will be played behind closed doors for the foreseeable future.

Postponement of Tottenham game 'cost £4m'
United have refused to put a figure on what the anticipated overall financial cost of the pandemic will be ultimately - but executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward said the major burden would fall in the current quarter, which runs to 30 June.

"Our third-quarter results reflect a partial impact that the pandemic has had on the club but the greater impact will be in the current quarter and likely beyond," said Woodward.

Revenues for the quarter fell by 18.7% to £123.7m. The club's debt rose by £124.4m to £429.1m.

Baty said the postponement of the Premier League trip to Tottenham on 15 March cost United £4m alone.

"These are unprecedented times and we must recognise that this crisis will not disappear overnight," said Woodward.

"However, our club is built on a solid foundation. We remain firmly optimistic about the long-term prospects for the club once we have worked our way through what is undoubtedly one of the most extraordinary and testing periods in the 142-year history of Manchester United."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52759246

[Image: 11580501_112403588utdpa_jpegf10fcdacd548...d6a3c0a3e3]

RE: Sports Updates - Edoman - 05-22-2020

Chelsea to 'allow N'Golo Kante miss rest of the 2019-20 season' if fears over Coronavirus continue'

[Image: 5ec799e5707b8.jpg]

Premier League club, Chelsea are reportedly prepared to allow N'Golo Kante to miss the rest of the 2019-20 season if his fears over coronavirus persist. 

The French midfielder, 29, who reported for the first day of training at the club's Cobham HQ on Tuesday failed to show up for Wednesday's training due to health concerns linked to the coronavirus.

On Thursday, Kante was present at the club's training ground on Thursday to undergo testing but is now remaining at home over concerns for his health over the ongoing pandemic.

Sources told Mail Online Football that the World Cup winner is nervous about returning to action, and Manager Frank Lampard is said to be entirely supportive of his key midfielder's fears and decision. 

The insiders said that the club will put no pressure on the player to return until he is comfortable, but if the fears over coronavirus continue he'd be allowed to miss the rest of the 2019-20 season.

In March 2018, Kante collapsed in front of his team-mates in training before being given a clean bill of health. Before the 2018 World Cup in Russia, the former Leicester City star lost his older brother, Niama, to a heart attack after losing his father when he was 11 years old.

Watford captain, Troy Deeney has also refused to return to action because his young son has suffered with breathing difficulties. Some of his teammates are also expected to skip training after defender Adrian Mariappa tested positive for the virus.

RE: Sports Updates - Edoman - 05-23-2020

He holds a special place in my heart."- Anthony Joshua reacts to Mike Tyson's expected return to heavyweight boxing at 53

[Image: 5ec83b98e101f.jpg]

Current IBF, IBO and WBO boxing Champion, Anthony Joshua, has voiced his support for the return of boxing legend Mike Tyson aka 'Iron Mike' to the boxing ring at the age of 53.

Tyson revealed early this month that he will be making a return to the ring to raise money for charity and has been uploading footage of his training routine.

This week he also uploaded a video on Chinese social media app Weibo showing his punching speed, chiseled abs and well toned body.

The 53-year-old, looking the fittest he has in years, showed that he still possesses much of the speed and explosive power that made him the youngest heavyweight champion in boxing history.

[Image: 5ec83bc377583.jpg]

Anthony Joshua, who currently holds the WBA, IBF, WBO, and IBO heavyweight titles, says 'Iron Mike' was his idol growing up and would relish his return to the sport.

"If he's back in the ring then I would love to see it, I would definitely be one of the viewers that's for sure," Joshua told British GQ. "That's the man who got me [into boxing].

"Do you know what it was with Mike, when I watched him on YouTube, I see a little kid that was 13 and I truly believe -- no matter what anyone has to say about Mike Tyson now in terms of what he went through when he was fighting, some of the controversy he went through -- the guy took himself from his neighborhood, which wasn't the prettiest of scenes, up to an amateur champion, to the youngest ever world champion, to one of the most recognized faces of the sport."

It has been 15 years since Tyson last fought professionally, after a defeat to Kevin McBride, but Joshua insists the American will only view his time away from the sport as an extended absence.

"This is what we breathe, this is what we are, and especially someone like Iron Mike Tyson, that's all that man knows," Joshua said. "So for everyone else it's a comeback but for him it's just what he does, he's a fighter.

"So he's probably just taken a little break but for everyone else it's: 'Oh my God, Mike Tyson is making a comeback' but for Mike Tyson it's like: 'This is what I do, I'm a fighter by nature.'

"In my opinion, the only two faces that are recognized in boxing globally are Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson. They're the main faces of this sport. So from where he started to where he is now, he is my ultimate motivation.

"The reason I say is that because he's the closest guy that was to my generation so he holds a special place in my heart."

EPL: Willian gives conditions to remain at Chelsea

May 23, 2020

[Image: Willian.jpg]

Chelsea forward, Willian, has said he might have to leave the club, as they are refusing to offer him a new three-year deal, the UK Mirror reports.

Willian is out of contract this summer and will become a free agent at the end of June.

With the Premier League season set to run at least into July, the Brazilian is prepared to pen a short-term extension, so he can see out the remainder of the campaign at Stamford Bridge.

However, the 31-year-old has admitted his career beyond that remains uncertain, as Chelsea have only offered him a two-year extension.

“It’s a difficult situation. Chelsea offered me two years and they are not going to change.

“I don’t know if it will be possible to stay. My goal is to continue working and focus on the remainder of the season, so that Chelsea can continue winning games.

“I have a clear head and I’m focused for the rest of the season that we have left. Let’s see what happens,” Willian said.

EPL: Super Eagles defender reveals chat with Wenger before leaving Arsenal

May 23, 2020

[Image: wenger.jpg]

West Brom defender, Semi Ajayi, has opened up on his conversation with legendary Arsenal boss, Arsene Wenger, before leaving the club.

Ajayi was close to making to a first-team debut for the Gunners, with Wenger facing an injury crisis.

Despite being third choice, Wenger preferred to use fullbacks in central defence, rather than give the Super Eagles star a chance to prove himself.

Gabriel Paulista’s arrival from Villarreal in January 2015, eventually forced Ajayi to confront Wenger and leave the Emirates.

“I was 21 yet to make my professional debut and another center back ahead of me so maybe I need to leave. I spoke to the boss Wenger, ‘what’s going on, I was third choice now, I ‘m down the pecking order and I’m at an age where I want to play and I feel like I’m ready to play’.

“Wenger said if I can find another club that want to take me and I’m happy to go, he’d be happy to let me leave,” Ajayi said on Instagram Live.

There were no fruits i didn't sell' - Super Eagles and Leicester City player Wilfred Ndidi opens up on tough childhood

[Image: 5ec91164344c5.jpeg]

Leicester City of England and Super Eagles of Nigeria star midfielder Wilfred Ndidi, has opened up on his experiences while growing up.

Born and raised in Lagos, Ndidi, whose father was a soldier, said he had to battle through selling fruits on the streets of Lagos while navigating his father's ''hostility'' towards his football aspirations.

According to the 23-year-old Ndidi, he had to help his mum sell fruits and food in order to sustain the family while he kept playing football and hoping for a breakthrough. 

[Image: 5ec9117d3bf90.jpeg]

Ndidi rose to prominence featuring for Nigeria at the 2013 Fifa U20 World Cup in Turkey before he was signed by Genk of Belgium, then in 2017 he joined Leicester city for £17m and he is now one of the first names on the team sheet for both club and country. 

Speaking to the Out of Home Podcast, Ndidi said;

“Though we had some ups and downs and trying to meet up with some bills, I was always there for my mum,” 

“My mum was a food vendor and I supported her by hawking. I don’t regret that because growing up was really tough because it was all about survival. There were no fruits that I didn’t sell.

“I was the market boy and I was known mostly for selling groundnuts because it comes out every season. Just name them – I sold peppers, tomatoes and avocado. We basically sold fruits that came with different seasons. All these were done to survive in the military zone and outside.”

On several occasions, Ndidi said he got punished for playing football. 

“It was difficult because my dad wanted me to go to school but there was no money,” he continued.

“What made it easier for me was that when he was transferred out of Lagos. I had the freedom because when he was around, if I go out to train and he gets home before me, I have to explain where I was coming from. When I tell him I went to play football, I get whooped.

“There was a time I got whooped with a cow skin ‘Koboko’ and it was like a tattoo on my body. I couldn’t wear my shirt because when I put my clothes on, it becomes sticky and it’s painful. It was a military kind of discipline.”

Unlike other kids, Ndidi says he never had a chance to train with his age group, 
“Growing up, I didn’t get a chance to play more with my peers because they were training in the evenings while the bigger guys were training in the morning. I was training with the bigger guys but just for ten minutes because I was too small,” he added.

“They always put me in when everyone is tired and also for them to be able to give me the training bibs to wash and bring the next day.

“My mum kept complaining because I didn’t have the time to wash them because I had to go hawk for her, but before I return, she would have washed them. That was the routine until I left my mum for Nath Boys.”

RE: Sports Updates - Edoman - 05-24-2020

Our team is not a team for cowards' - Brazilian club Botafago slam Yaya Toure after he refused to sign for them

[Image: 5eca1cac285e5.jpeg]

Brazilian football club Botafogo have slammed African football star Yaya Toure for allegedly backtracking on their transfer agreement after he appeared in a video with rival club Vasco da Gama.

Botafogo started negotiations with the Ivorian in February after Toure became a free agent after leaving Chinese side Qingdao Huanghai last November.

Toure was supposed to be signed in March by Botafogo when football was suspended due to the worldwide Coronavirus outbreak.

[Image: 5eca1cd9865b6.jpeg]

Surprisingly Toure appeared in an Instagram video of aspiring Vasco da Gama president Leven Siano saying, “I want to thank Leven for inviting me for this project. I cannot wait to see all the Vasco fans very soon. It's going to be Vasco."

A video that infuriated Botafogo officials who were hopeful that Toure had signed with them.

Although Toure announced his association with Vasco da Gama as a 'done deal', Siano was using the player to campaign for the club's presidency, as Vasco had not reached an agreement with the player.

[Image: 5eca1f75cd6a1.png]
[Image: 5eca1f4e914a3.png]

The development has now angered  Botafogo vice-president Ricardo Rotenberg who said they have ended their interest in the player.

“Vasco’s offer proves Yaya doesn’t want to play football, because he agreed to play just next year," said Rotenberg to Globoesporte.
"He’s a guy whose word means nothing. 

He had an attitude from those who have no character. He could just have said he didn’t want to play here. Now I don’t want to see him. As Heleno de Freitas [a Botafogo’s idol] said, Botafogo is not a team for cowards.”

Rotenberg went on to accuse Toure of "lacking seriousness," also saying he is not fit to wear the Botafogo jersey.

He also compared Toure to Japanese midfielder Keisuke Honda who joined the Brazilian club in February.

"I don't think our path was wrong, but Yaya lacked seriousness. He could go to any team, but he had no dignity to give us an answer.

"Yaya does not deserve to wear the Botafogo shirt. He is not like Honda. 

Thank God it is Honda who is at Botafogo and not Yaya. He is not like Honda off the pitch. He is a guy I don't want to see, I’m blocking him on my cell phone. I don’t want to apologise afterwards, saying he regretted it."

Gernot Rohr reaches agreement with NFF to continue as Super Eagles coach for two and half years

[Image: 5eca21063435a.jpeg]

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has confirmed he has agreed on a new two-and-half-year contract extension with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

Rohr has been in charge of the Super Eagles since 2016 and qualified the team for the 2018 World Cup in Russia with ease.

He also led the three-time African champions to finish third at Africa Cup of Nations in 2019 in Egypt.

The 66-year-old Franco-German's current deal ends in June and he has been in discussions with the federation over a renewal since January. 

The NFF gave him new conditions in his contract namely residing in Nigeria, being paid in Nigerian currency and grooming local talent from the Nigerian Football league, conditions he has since agreed 
on.

[Image: 5eca2138ab5e6.jpeg]

But the NFF have delayed announcing a new deal with the tactician bringing about speculation that the governing body is looking to do away with the services of Rohr.

With Rohr's confirmation, all the rumors have now been put to rest.

“Yes, I can confirm that we found an agreement with NFF to continue our collaboration for two and half years,” Rohr told the Cable.

“I am proud of the confidence shown by NFF, it is rare to work in the same national team for more than six years.

“Our team has a good future, our players have discipline and the staff is working in the same spirit.”

Rohr has already set his target of qualifying the Super Eagles for the next Africa Cup of Nations and the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

“Yes, we want to go to the next Afcon and do very well there. And we want to start the World Cup qualifiers well and participate in Qatar with good results there,” he continued.

“I am happy to continue with the squad we built together since 4 years. Stability is important for progress and complicity.

“There is still big work to do. With the commitment of the players and the support of the fans, we will able to do great things.”

Premier League footballer accused of 'gang rape' at lockdown party by woman who claims her drink was spiked 

[Image: 5eca45d51836d.jpg]

A Premier League footballer has been accused of 'gang rape' by a woman who claims her drink was spiked during a lockdown party.

This comes just days after Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, 19, was accused of rape in an unrelated alleged incident. 

According to Daily Star, the alleged victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, claimed her drinks were spiked with drugs. She also alleged that she was assaulted by  the unknown footballer and a number of his friends in a rented flat.

The woman reportedly complained to police the day after the alleged gang rape and the detectives interviewed her, while forensic medical staff, as well as doctors, have examined her.

A friend of the woman said she had no recollection of the night’s events and was “acting strangely” and “out of character” 

The friend said: “She could barely stand the night before, there is no way she was in any state to consent to sex.”

The alleged victim said when she woke up in the flat the next morning she was naked, with scratches on her legs. She also said the player was also naked in bed next to her.

According to the woman, when she asked him what had happened the player told her they had sex, and then left the room.

She also alleged that she received an anonymous call from someone the following day, who told her the player and his friends had spiked her drink before she then went to a police station and made the rape ­allegation.

Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen loses his father

[Image: 5eca4f529dfc5.jpg]

Super Eagles striker, Victor Osimhen, who plays for French Ligue 1 club Lille, has lost his father, Patrick Osimhen, to the cold hands of death.

The 21-year-old superstar confirmed his father's death in a Twitter post he shared on Sunday morning, May 24. He wrote: 'RIP DAD. no word to describe this feeling.'

[Image: icon_share.png]

RE: Sports Updates - Edoman - 05-25-2020

Lionel Messi has shaved off his beard and he looks completely different (photos)

[Image: 5ecbc22ed8b7b.jpg]

Barcelona superstar, Lionel Messi has shaved off his beard ahead of Spain's La Liga restart next month. 

[Image: 5ecbc0f8de0e1.PNG]

The Argentine playmaker, 32, took to Instagram to show off his bareface and he looked completely different after shaving off his beard. 

[Image: 5ecbc2c0da4ae.jpeg]

[Image: icon_share.png]