The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*FRIENDLY ENEMIES* *Episode 7-10
*FRIENDLY ENEMIES*

*Episode 7*

Samantha had a bath and wore a little red dress that Dozie had bought for her on her last birthday. She took her time to apply her makeup ensuring that she looked her best. She was going to visit Dozie in his family house and she needed to look irresistible if she must succeed in winning his love back. She had made up her mind to fight for her love and win him back even if that was going to be the last thing she would ever
do. As a trained medical doctor, she
knew that until one lets out his last
breathe, one must keep trying, a policy which they had always practiced on their patients. She slugged her chanel chain bag on her shoulder after she was satisfied with her looks and came down stairs where her mother was watching a
Christian programme.
Samantha: “Going out, mum. See you
later”.
Mama Samantha: “Where to, my child? I must confess that you look stunning”.
Samantha: “Thanks mum. I will tell you about my outing when I come back. You just keep your fingers crossed”.
Mama Samantha: “Okay. Just make sure you don’t do anything silly”.
Samantha: “Mum, you should pray that I don’t see any reason to do any silly thing because if I see reasons, I will do”. She ran out of the house.

Eno came out of the bedroom dressed in an Ankara skirt and blouse with an olive green shoe and bag to match. Her mother who was already running out of patience was waiting for her in the car.

Mama Eno: “It took you so long to get
dressed that I almost came in there to drag you out”.
Eno: “Sorry, mum. I had to take my time to dress decently, you know …”
Mama Eno: “Wait a minute. What are you wearing?”
Eno: “Ankara skirt and blouse of course”.
Mama Eno: “And where do you think you are wearing that to?”
Eno: “Where we are going of course. You know they are my potential in law so I need to dress decently to win their hearts”.
Mama Eno: “Hehehe”, she clapped her hands together. “Potential in law ko, potential family ni. My friend will you get in there and wear something better?
You need to put on a dress that will
bring out your curves. A classic dress that will flatter your shapes. You think Dozie loves you? You should dress in such as a way as to seduce him. That is the way to go about it”.
Eno: “Okay, mum”. She turned back into the house”.
Mama Eno: “Imagine this stupid girl o, after spending hours in there, that is the best she could come up with. I am sure she took this dullness from her father, she didn’t take after me at all”.

Eno and her mother arrived at Dozie’s
family compound and after horning for some minutes, the security man came out.
Jonny: “Yes, who are you wey you just dey horn anyhow like that?”
Mama Eno: “My friend will you shut up your gutter of a mouth? Why didn’t you answer when you heard me horn the first time?”
Jonny: “Why you go dey ask me that kind question? Na you dey pay me salary for here?”
Mama Eno: “You know what? I don’t
have time for illiterates like you. My
friend open the gate and let me in”.
Jonny: “Open your booth”.
Mama Eno: “You say what?”
Jonny: “I say make you open your booth make I see wetin you carry inside before you go come bomb my oga and madam for their house”.
Mama Eno: “Are you out of your mind? Do I look like a suicide bomber?”
Jonny: “How I want take know? Them no dey write am for forehead, besides, I no even look your face”.
Eno: “How dare you talk to my mother anyhow? Open the gate before I come down and open it myself”.
Jonny: “Chimmoo! Thank God say I no open the gate o, na so I for don join unemployed people association of Nigeria. No be you my oga say make I no allow enter this compound if I no want make him sack me?”
Mama Eno: “Will you open the gate or do you want me to force my way in?”
Jonny: “I no go open. If my oga sack me, you go employ me?”

Eno turned to her mother in the car.

Eno: “Mum, I told you it will be
impossible for the security man to allow us in. Let’s just turn back home and save ourselves this embarrassment from an ordinary security man”.
Mama Eno: “You just shut up and allow me think. You face little obstacles and you are ready to give up, how can you achieve anything with that kind of attitude? I dislike it when people chicken out at the slightest obstacle they encounter. Listen, we will come down and force our way into the compound. We cannot go back having come this
far”.
Eno: “Mum!”
Mama Eno: “I am going down there, you better follow me or else you will know the kind of mother you have by the time I change it for you”.

They came down and while Jonny was trying to stop them from going in, mama Eno pushed him aside with her massive bum and made her way in with Jonny trailing behind them and asking them to stop trespassing. Dozie’s father was watching news heard the commotion in his compound and ran out.

Baba Dozie: “What is going on here and who are these people”.
Jonny: “Oga sir, I … I …” he tried to catch his breath for he was breathing hard.
Baba Dozie: “Open your mouth and say something. When did you start
stammering?”
Jonny: “Sorry, oga. I never recover from the push wey this woman give me with her big bakasi”.
Baba Dozie: “Just go back to your duty post. I will handle this”.
Jonny: “Oga, I don recover now. I dey
ready to talk”.
Baba Dozie: “I said go and lock my gate and remain there, that is what I
employed you to do and not to talk”.
Jonny: “Yes, sir!” He ran away.
Baba Dozie: “Madam, what can I do for you?’
Mama Eno: “What can you do for me?
Well, you cannot do anything for me. The question should be what I can do for you”.
Baba Dozie: “Very well then. What can you do for me?”
Mama Eno: “I brought your daughter in law to you”.
Baba Dozie: “My what?”
Mama Eno: “You heard me correctly the first time”.
Baba Dozie: “Whose wife, if I may ask?”
Mama Eno: “Why don’t you ask your son Dozie how many times he slept with my daughter in the past months?”
Baba Dozie: “Woman, you must learn
how to talk politely. You cannot come to my house and start running your mouth anyhow. Anyway, I am sure that you know that I was a Legislator before? As a seasoned politician, I am going to ask your daughter some questions and I will find out if my son is truly responsible for the pregnancy”
Mama Eno: Go ahead and ask the
questions in the world. All I know is that your son must marry my daughter”.
Baba Dozie: “My daughter, look into my eyes and tell me that my son is
responsible for the pregnancy”.

Eno made to speak but she caught a
glimpse of Dozie who was standing in a place hidden from his father and her mother’s view, he was holding a sharp cutlass and looking intently at her. She ran short of words for fear of what he may do to her if she confirmed her mother’s allegations.

Mama Eno: “My friend will you open your mouth and talk? Have you suddenly gone deaf?”
Eno: “Mum, I ... he, I mean I don’t ….”
Baba Dozie: “Who is responsible for your pregnancy, young lady?”

Eno Froze.....
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
*FRIENDLY ENEMIES*
*Episode  8*

Eno although frightened to death by the fire in Dozie’s eyes decided to say
something in line to her mother’s advice irrespective of what it will cause her. She knew that Dozie will have to run pass her mother and his father to get at her and she was sure that they would not allow him use the cutlass on her.
Eno: “Dozie is responsible for my
pregnancy”, she summoned courage
and told Dozie’s father while she ran to stand behind her mother.
Baba Dozie: “Are you sure of what you are saying? Should I call him and ask him?”
Eno: “You may ask him if you don’t
believe me. All I know is that I am saying the truth, it doesn’t matter what Dozie says, only a woman can tell the true paternity of a child”.

Dozie ran out of where he was standing brandishing the cutlass. he was aiming at bringing it down on Eno’s head when his father intercepted him and collected
the weapon from his hand.

Baba Dozie: “What has come over you, my son? When did you become this violent?”
Dozie: “Daddy, I cannot stand here and watch this liar lie so terribly about me. How can she say I am responsible for her pregnancy?”
Baba Dozie: “So you want to commit
murder because of that? Is that the
solution to the problem at hand?”
Mama Eno: “Dozie or whatever it is that my daughter calls you, so you think you can scare us away with a cutlass? After sleeping with my daughter and getting her pregnant, you want to murder us. The police must hear this”.
Baba Dozie: “No madam. You need to calm down, it hasn’t gotten to that yet. We can settle this amicably without involving a third party”.
Mama Eno: “Settle what amicably? When your son has clearly shown that he doesn’t want me and my daughter alive? In fact, his actions today has shown that my life and my daughters are not safe. I need to report to security agencies. If any harm befalls my daughter and I, 
your son will be held responsible”.
Dozie: “You are just bluffing, madam.
You think you can arm twist me into
marrying your daughter by saying this? Then you need to try harder”.
Mama Eno: “Did you hear him? Did you see how your son is adding petrol to this fire?”
Dozie: “Oh please, don’t even try to drag my father into this”.
Baba Dozie: “It is enough, son. Quarrelling won’t solve the problem”.

He was talking when a horn blared
outside the gate and Jonny opened the door. Baba Dozie heaved a sigh of relief when he saw his wife drive in for he was already getting tired of the situation at hand.
Mama Dozie: “What is happening here? Why is everybody standing outside?”
Baba Dozie: “Welcome, honey. It's good you came back now”.
Mama Dozie: Sorry I stayed longer than usual. The Women Wing's meeting of our party lasted longer than usual, as the party’s women leader, I couldn’t leave until we had finished trashing all issues”.
Mama Eno: “Madam, your son got my
daughter pregnant and you are here
talking about being the women leader of a political party. If you don’t talk your son into marrying my daughter, I will make sure I report you to your party so that appropriate sanctions can be carried out against you and trust me that will not be good for your political ambition”.
Mama Dozie: “What is she saying? Dozie is that true?”
Dozie: “Don’t listen to her mum, she is lying, I am not responsible for her
daughter’s pregnancy”.
Mama Dozie: “Madam, you think you are the only one who has a sharp tongue? Can you please leave my house, carry your daughter and look for another family to give her pregnancy”
Mama Eno: “Are you listening to your
son? Do young men agree when they get women pregnant?”
Mama Dozie: “Yes, I will listen to my son and I believe him. He is old enough to know when he gets a girl pregnant so please leave before we call the security man to throw you out”.

Eno dragged her mother aside and
pleaded with her that they leave the
compound.

Mama Eno: “Okay, we will leave but we shall return, you haven’t seen the last of us yet. The world will hear about this”.

They walk out and come face to face
with Samantha who was about driving into the compound.

Samantha: “Wow, I wasn’t expecting you here. Good afternoon, mum”.
Mama Eno: “Afternoon, my dear. How are you today?”
Samantha: “I am fine. What are you
doing here, Eno”.
Eno: “Erm ... I ... we”.
Mama Eno: “Oh, we came to plead with Dozie to accept you back. My daughter told me how much you love Dozie and I decided to follow her here to talk to him so that you two can be back together. You looked so good together”.
Samantha: “Wow, thank you so much ma. Thank you, I do appreciate this. I will just go in and see him now. That is actually what I came here for”.

Dozie: “What are you doing here,
Samantha? I told you that it is over
between us. There is nothing to talk
about”.
Samantha: “Please, baby. I can’t live
without you. Whatever threat it is that
you have received, we can pull through it together. Also, about Eno, I have forgiven her, you should to”.
Dozie: “I should what? Do you know
what you are saying?”
Samantha: “Yes, I met her and her
mother on my way here and they told
me why they came here. Please listen to them”.
Dozie: “I don’t get it. She told you why
she was here and you want me to accept it?”
Samantha: “Yes, please”.
Dozie: “You know what? I don’t know
what to say right now. You will have to excuse me, I need to clear my head”.
Samantha: “Are you asking me to leave your house?”
Dozie: “Not exactly, baby. I just need to be alone because I can’t understand why you want me to accept what Eno said when she and her mother came here. Just go home and relax, I will call you later in the evening for us to talk”.

Eno was worried when her mother
drove past their junction and took
another turn without stopping over.
Eno: “Where are we going to, mum?”
Mama Eno: “To the police station”.
Eno: “Police Station? What for?”
Mama Eno: “When we get there you shall know”.
Eno: “I don’t support this, mum. You
know that this is not right”.
Mama Eno: “Just shut up there. All that I am doing is because you could not hook a man to marry. If you had been able to get your own man, we wouldn’t have been going through all these processes so just keep quiet and watch me”.

Dozie was in a heated argument with his parents who were on his neck that he should take Eno as a wife since she was already carrying his child. He tried to make them see reasons with him but his mother wouldn’t listen”.
Mama Dozie: “Tell me, did you sleep with her or not?”
Dozie: “I did only once and she seduced me, I didn’t want to”.
Mama Dozie: “It doesn’t matter how
many times you slept with her. All that matters is that you did it. She is carrying your child and I don’t want any publicity because you cannot predict how far women like her mother can go. You just have to marry her”.
Dozie: “No, I won’t mum. I am sure that I am not responsible for that pregnancy. Let's have a test to …”
Mama Dozie: “Do you know what sort of negative publicity that will bring to the family? How our party and Church members will laugh at me for not bringing you up in the way of the Lord. Have you thought of what this will do to your parents’ political reputation?”.

Baba Dozie who was watching the
heated argument between mother and son decided to wage in.

Baba Dozie: “I give you twenty four
hours to make up your mind about
marrying that girl, else you cease to be my son and you lose all privileges
attached to that position”. 

He walked out of the sitting room followed by his wife.....
*FRIENDLY ENEMIES*

*Episode 9 & 10

A month later, after some threats from Mama Eno to take up the matter with relevant authorities, and disrupt his mother’s political ambition, coupled with the pressure from his father, Dozie succumbed into accepting the pregnancy.

Dozie: “Mum, I am just accepting this
arrangement because you have insisted on saving the face of this family from unnecessary publicity else I would have insisted on us going for a paternity test to determine the owner of her
pregnancy”.
Mama Dozie: “Please, my son. Just do this for me, I don’t want anything that will bring unnecessary attention to this family. After she gives birth, we shall go for a DNA test after which we will quietly send her away if the child is not yours. If you ask for paternity test to determine the owner of the pregnancy now, her mother will say you got her daughter
pregnant and because we are rich we
paid the hospital to falsify the results in our favour, before you know, the press will be involved and people will forget their problems and start gossiping with our name up and down. That can ruin my political ambition for life”.
For the sake of the love he has for his
family, he had sacrificed his future and married her quietly without any publicity. He was present albeit reluctantly at the arrangement which was done in her mother’s house with just four family members in attendance. All through the day, he had stayed away from her as much as he could and as soon as the
everything was over, he had driven home forgetting that he was to leave
with his bride as a couple. He rushed to his house and grabbed a can of Black Bullet drink, the aim was to intoxicate himself so that he could forget all about the happenings of the day. An hour later, his parents drove in accompanied by
Eno, his supposed wife.

Baba Dozie: “Why did you have to rush home without waiting for your wife? Don’t you know that you are supposed to come back together as newly weds? And to think that no one saw you leave the venue, we were busy searching for you everywhere”.
Dozie: “My wife? Which wife are you
talking about here?” He tried to get up but staggered and fell on the chair for he was drunk.
Mama Dozie: “You have been drinking again. What the hell is wrong with you? How can you get drunk on the day you got married? What sort of first impression are you giving to your wife?” 
Dozie: “Which wife? I don’t want to hear that word around me again. If any of you mention wife around here, I will just run far away to a place where you will never find me”. He screamed.
Baba Dozie: “It is okay, my dear, let us go to our house and leave the couple alone. I am sure they can handle this better as husband and wife”. He said to his wife.

They turned back and drove back to
their house leaving Eno who was struggling with her box of clothes
behind. Eno stood on the spot where she was standing before his parents left for more than 10 minutes. Four times she stole glances at the man whom she just married and even though they established eye contact, he didn’t even acknowledge her presence. Tired, she moved close and sat down beside him on the same sofa.

Dozie: “Get your filthy ass from my chair!” Dozie barked causing her to jump up with fright.
Eno: “I … I am sorry, I only wanted to sit down close to you”. She closed her mouth when she noticed that he wasn’t even listening to her. 

She remained standing and after some minutes, she summoned enough courage and sat on the chair opposite him with her box of cloth lying beside her. Exhausted from the marriage stress, she fell asleep there on the sofa.

Samantha tried to get across to Dozie but he refused to pick her calls and after some days, he switched off his phones and went off social media. Tired from listening to the computer voice telling her that his number is switched off, she decided to pay him a visit. She got to his
family house and the security man
informed her that he had finally moved in to his house.

Jonny: “Madam, oga Dozie don pack commot from this house kpatakpata o, na him house wey dey Garki area 8 him dey stay now”.
Samantha: “Dozie packed out and he
didn’t tell me? I thought he said he will call me back the last time I was here. Do you know why he had to move out in such a hurry?”
Jonny: “I no know o, but since that
woman wey get big bakasi and her
daughter come here, na so so argument oga Dozie and him parents dey inside”. 
Samantha: “Who? You mean Eno and her mother?”
Jonny: “Exactly. Na Eno I hear them call her that day. My sister, that mama Eno get big behind no be small, she push me with her back, I nearly jam wall”. 

He stopped talking when he saw that
Samantha had entered her car and was driving back.

Jonny: “Aunty, you don dey go be that? You no go even give me anything to take buy something cool throat today? Na wa, this recession reach your side too?”

Samantha drove to Eno’s house in deep thoughts. She was wondering what Jonny meant by saying that Eno and her mother had been in Dozie’s house several times to make trouble. “Could this be the reason
Eno has refused to visit me or pick my calls these days? But she told me she was travelling to Dubai for the weekend now?” She drove to Eno’s house and when she got to the compound and met two people who
were dressed as in if they came for an occasion. She asked what was happening and while she was waiting for an answer, Eno’s mother came down from upstairs.

Mama Eno: “Samantha, you are here, we were expecting you to come in and be with your friend since morning. I don’t even know the kind of friends that my daughter has, none of you could even come for her”.
Samantha: “I don’t get you, ma. What are you talking about?”
Mama Eno: “Oh common, Samantha. I know it is painful but you have just to accept whatever happened in good faith. Destiny cannot be altered”.
Samantha: “Please mum where is Eno? I really need to talk to her, it's urgent”.
Mama Eno: “She is in her husband’s house”.

Samantha tried her best to curtail her shock at the fact that Eno got married without inviting her. She drove quickly to the address Mama Eno gladly provided as Eno’s
husband’s house.

Mama Eno: “The earlier she knows the truth, the better. I want her to let go of all the love that she has for my son in-law. Nonsense girl!” She said when Samantha drove away.

Eno was on the sofa, she was asleep when she heard a knock. Quickly, she got up and made for the door thinking it was one or more of Dozie’s friend who had come to wish them a happy married life. She opened the door and was shocked to see Samantha
standing at the door.

Eno: “You? What are you doing here? I mean how did you know that I am here?”
Samantha: “It is a small world, Eno. Is this the Dubai you said you were going to for the weekend?”
Eno: “And what is that supposed to mean?”
Samantha: “So you got married and you didn’t tell me? What were you afraid off? That I will seduce your boyfriend just the way you seduced my man?”
Eno: “And why must I invite you to my wedding or give you details about my whereabouts? Are you a monitoring spirit now or what?”
Samantha: “Why you must invite me to your wedding? Because you are supposed to be my best friend. Because I tell you everything about me and so I do not expect that you
will hide anything from me. Because I love you the same way I would love my sister. Because we have come a long way. Because …”
Eno: “Just cut it short there, Samantha. Because, because, because. Because of what? Listen, I just got married and we are
supposed to be in there enjoying our
honeymoon before your knock interrupted us”.
Samantha: “What has come over you, Eno. You have been behaving strangely these days. This is how you will mess up and then you will come and start begging me to forgive you. The same thing you did during
my wedding and now …”
Eno: “I see that you have not gotten over the fact that you were ditched by Dozie on your wedding day. Well, how is that my fault? Did I ask him to ditch you? The guy saw that I am better than you in everything and that
was why he chosed me over you, who no like better thing? Abegi”
Samantha: “Alright then, can I at least see your husband and congratulate him? At least we are still friends right?”
Eno: “Now you are talking. Only that my husband is not at home right now”.
Samantha: “Really? I thought you said you were enjoying your honeymoon before I knocked, how come he is suddenly not at home anymore?”
Eno: “Yes, I mean no. In fact, why am I answering you? Please, come and be going, I am tired of standing and answering your questions, I am not your patient in your hospital”.
Samantha: “You are asking me to leave your compound without even inviting me inside your house?”
Eno: “Yes o. Come and leave. Abeg which kind problem be this? Hian! Come dey go, na. I am a married woman now and I don’t want friends around me because I don’t trust friends, what you have these days are friendly enemies everywhere. They will be laughing with you and yet turn around to stab you. I can’t risk any of my friends coming close to my man, I go just wound person”.
Samantha: “Okay, then. I guess I am the fool for not knowing there is something called friendly enemies. If I knew, I wouldn’t have even thought of using you as my maid of honour
when I wanted to get married. All the same, I am wiser now and I wish you all the joy and fulfillment that marriage brings”.

Samantha was about to turn when Dozie who heard voices in his sleep walked out.

Dozie: Eno, who are you talking with? He asked as he walked out.

Samantha turned when she heard his voice and it felt like time stood still as tension mounted between the three of them......

*FRIENDLY ENEMIES*
*Episode 10*

Samantha remained speechless for some minutes before she found her voice.

Samantha: “What is going on here?” Dozie who was sober after the effect of the alcohol began to scratch his head and shield his face from shame. Eno on her part lost her voice and began to fidget.
Samantha: “Can somebody tell me what is going on here?” She screamed.
Dozie: “Baby, please listen to me. It was she who …”
Samantha: “Yes, she did what?"

Eno suddenly found her voice and became aggressive. 

Eno: "Why are you asking about what is going on here?  Isn’t it obvious that he is my husband?”
Samantha: “No, this is not happening, I am dreaming.  I must be dreaming.” Turning to Dozie she said “Tell me this is not true, baby. You didn’t … you didn’t dump me only to marry her”.
Dozie: “It wasn’t my fault, she conspired against me”.

“Nooo!” Samantha screamed and ran out of the house into her car. Eno hissed and went back into the sitting room.

Mama Samantha became worried when for more than 3 hours after her daughter went out she didn’t return. She knew that Samantha didn’t usually stay up late and she was worried on this day because her daughter was on night duty and was due to be at work by 8:00pm. At 8: 45pm, she tried calling her number but it was switched off.

Mama Samantha: “This is so unlike my daughter. Could it be that she has gone to work from wherever she went to? But she ought to have called or sent a message to inform me now. Samantha never switches off her phone even when she is on duty in the hospital, what she does is to put it on silent mode”.
She stood up and went to Samantha’s room, on the table where she kept her books, her mother found a pamphlet containing the hospital’s number. She dialed and after a while the receptionist on duty picked up.
Receptionist: “Jettei specialist hospital, how may I help you?“
Mama Samantha: “I am the mother of one of your doctors. I will like to find out if she is in the hospital. I can’t reach her line”.
Receptionist: “Okay, ma. May I know the doctor you are referring to please?”
Mama Samantha: “Samantha.  Samantha Lucious. Sorry about that omission”.
Receptionist: “Hold on a second, ma. I need to find out if she has reported today”.

There was few minutes pause which felt like eternity to Samantha’s mother. The receptionist’s voice came alive on the receiver and Mama Samantha felt the irregular beating of her heart.
Receptionist: “Sorry, madam, but doctor Samantha has not reported for duty this night”.

Mama Samantha thanked the receptionist and dropped the call. The irregular beating of her heart resumed and her instinct told her that all was not well with her daughter. “God please, save my daughter, she prayed”. She waited till 10:00pm and called the hospital and the receptionist told her the same story and that they had tried to reach her all to no avail as there was a patient who was supposed to be operated on by her and a team of other doctors. Afraid that her daughter may have been kidnapped, Mama Samantha drove to Eno’s house to ask if her daughter had been there.
Mama Eno was preparing to go to bed when Mama Samantha knocked.

Mama Samantha: “Sorry to disturb you by this time of the night”.
Mama Eno: “What are you doing here by this time of the night? Can’t it wait till tomorrow?”
Mama Samantha: I haven’t been able to reach my daughter since afternoon when she left the house. I came to ask if she was here and to ask your daughter if she knows where she went since they are best of friends”.
Mama Eno: “My daughter is in her husband’s house and we haven’t seen Samantha here this evening”.
Mama Samantha: “Eno is married? And neither you nor my daughter told me?  What is happening?”
Mama Eno: “Life is unpredictable.  You should be used to that by now.  By the way, I don’t know why you should come here to ask of your daughter, this isn’t the Police Station where cases of missing persons are reported”.
Mama Samantha: “I wanted to go to the Police station but I thought of coming here first”.
Mama Eno: “She is not here, final answer”.
Mama Samantha: “Okay. Can you at least accompany me to the police station?  We are friends and so are our daughters. I need all the company I can get tonight”.
Mama Eno: “Sorry, as you can see, I am already in my pyjamas ready to go to bed”.

Mama Samantha drove in silence to the police station. It was almost 11pm and even though the car’s window was wound up and her car heater on, she shivered slightly. She drove in to the police station and demanded to see the DPO.
Police man: “Madam, why you wan see our oga?”
Mama Samantha: “That is none of your business. You just show me his office, that is all I need from you“.
Policeman: “None of my business ba? Okay now, I go see how you go see my oga today”.
Mama Samantha: “Officer, will you attend to me? What do you get paid for every month?”
The policeman ignored her and continued writing. She stood there for some minutes without the Policeman looking at her direction. She realized that being aggressive with them wouldn’t work and she decided to play along.
Mama Samantha: “Please, Officer. Help me, it is urgent that I see the DPO”.
Policeman: “Now you are talking. Why you wan see my oga?”
Mama Samantha: “I need to report a case of missing person. My daughter to be precise”.
Policeman: “That na the reason wey you want see oga? Wetin dey inside this matter wey we no fit handle. Mama Samantha: “I am sorry, I can’t think straight. My daughter is my life, I can’t live without her”.
Policeman: “You no fit see oga this night o. It is already late and this your case, you go come back come report tomorrow”.
Mama Samantha: “What! My daughter is missing and you said we should wait till tomorrow before the police can begin search for her? Do you know the harm that can befall her between today and tomorrow?"
Policeman: “How long wey you never see her, madam?”
Mama Samantha: “She left the house around 4”.
Policeman: “You see? We no fit declare her missing until after 48 hours. Maybe your pikin dey with one of her bobos dey enjoy herself and you dey here dey disturb our sleep”.
Mama Samantha: “No, my daughter doesn’t do that“.
Policeman: “Abeg madam come dey go. It is too late to attend to your case”.
Mama Samantha: “In that case, I will remain here until tomorrow”.
Policeman: “You no fit stay here o, except you go go inside cell go sleep”.

Mama Samantha drove home in silence after the futile encounter with the Policeman. She was hopeful that she will meet her daughter at home, she ran into her room and she saw that Samantha hadn’t returned. She collapsed on her daughter’s bed and began to weep.

After Samantha drove away from their compound, Eno and Dozie returned to their former sitting position in the sitting room without saying a word to each other. Few minutes to 11, Dozie got up and made for his bedroom. After some minutes, Eno got up and dragged her box to the room.
“He is my husband after all, I have equal right as much as he does so why should I be afraid of him?” She said to herself.
Dozie was shocked when she entered the room. “What the hell are you doing in my room?” He barked.

Eno: “Your room or our bedroom?”
Dozie: “Our? How many times do I have to tell you that there can never be any us? How dare you walk into my room? I suppose that you are happy now after the show off you did in the presence of the one I truly love …”
Eno: “I am your wife, I demand that you respect me by not mentioning your ex in my presence”.
Dozie: “We shall see who is the ex between you and her. Get out of my house”.
Eno: “What?”
Dozie: “Out of my house I say, you whore!” He threw her out of the house and threw her bag at her”.
Eno: “You can’t do this to me. Where do you want me to go by this time of the day?

Dozie locked the door and went in, leaving her out in the dark............

What happened to Samantha? Oh, God, please keep her safe??
(09-10-2018, 10:22 PM)Edoman Wrote: *FRIENDLY ENEMIES*

*Episode 7*

Samantha had a bath and wore a little red dress that Dozie had bought for her on her last birthday. She took her time to apply her makeup ensuring that she looked her best. She was going to visit Dozie in his family house and she needed to look irresistible if she must succeed in winning his love back. She had made up her mind to fight for her love and win him back even if that was going to be the last thing she would ever
do. As a trained medical doctor, she
knew that until one lets out his last
breathe, one must keep trying, a policy which they had always practiced on their patients. She slugged her chanel chain bag on her shoulder after she was satisfied with her looks and came down stairs where her mother was watching a
Christian programme.
Samantha: “Going out, mum. See you
later”.
Mama Samantha: “Where to, my child? I must confess that you look stunning”.
Samantha: “Thanks mum. I will tell you about my outing when I come back. You just keep your fingers crossed”.
Mama Samantha: “Okay. Just make sure you don’t do anything silly”.
Samantha: “Mum, you should pray that I don’t see any reason to do any silly thing because if I see reasons, I will do”. She ran out of the house.

Eno came out of the bedroom dressed in an Ankara skirt and blouse with an olive green shoe and bag to match. Her mother who was already running out of patience was waiting for her in the car.

Mama Eno: “It took you so long to get
dressed that I almost came in there to drag you out”.
Eno: “Sorry, mum. I had to take my time to dress decently, you know …”
Mama Eno: “Wait a minute. What are you wearing?”
Eno: “Ankara skirt and blouse of course”.
Mama Eno: “And where do you think you are wearing that to?”
Eno: “Where we are going of course. You know they are my potential in law so I need to dress decently to win their hearts”.
Mama Eno: “Hehehe”, she clapped her hands together. “Potential in law ko, potential family ni. My friend will you get in there and wear something better?
You need to put on a dress that will
bring out your curves. A classic dress that will flatter your shapes. You think Dozie loves you? You should dress in such as a way as to seduce him. That is the way to go about it”.
Eno: “Okay, mum”. She turned back into the house”.
Mama Eno: “Imagine this stupid girl o, after spending hours in there, that is the best she could come up with. I am sure she took this dullness from her father, she didn’t take after me at all”.

Eno and her mother arrived at Dozie’s
family compound and after horning for some minutes, the security man came out.
Jonny: “Yes, who are you wey you just dey horn anyhow like that?”
Mama Eno: “My friend will you shut up your gutter of a mouth? Why didn’t you answer when you heard me horn the first time?”
Jonny: “Why you go dey ask me that kind question? Na you dey pay me salary for here?”
Mama Eno: “You know what? I don’t
have time for illiterates like you. My
friend open the gate and let me in”.
Jonny: “Open your booth”.
Mama Eno: “You say what?”
Jonny: “I say make you open your booth make I see wetin you carry inside before you go come bomb my oga and madam for their house”.
Mama Eno: “Are you out of your mind? Do I look like a suicide bomber?”
Jonny: “How I want take know? Them no dey write am for forehead, besides, I no even look your face”.
Eno: “How dare you talk to my mother anyhow? Open the gate before I come down and open it myself”.
Jonny: “Chimmoo! Thank God say I no open the gate o, na so I for don join unemployed people association of Nigeria. No be you my oga say make I no allow enter this compound if I no want make him sack me?”
Mama Eno: “Will you open the gate or do you want me to force my way in?”
Jonny: “I no go open. If my oga sack me, you go employ me?”

Eno turned to her mother in the car.

Eno: “Mum, I told you it will be
impossible for the security man to allow us in. Let’s just turn back home and save ourselves this embarrassment from an ordinary security man”.
Mama Eno: “You just shut up and allow me think. You face little obstacles and you are ready to give up, how can you achieve anything with that kind of attitude? I dislike it when people chicken out at the slightest obstacle they encounter. Listen, we will come down and force our way into the compound. We cannot go back having come this
far”.
Eno: “Mum!”
Mama Eno: “I am going down there, you better follow me or else you will know the kind of mother you have by the time I change it for you”.

They came down and while Jonny was trying to stop them from going in, mama Eno pushed him aside with her massive bum and made her way in with Jonny trailing behind them and asking them to stop trespassing. Dozie’s father was watching news heard the commotion in his compound and ran out.

Baba Dozie: “What is going on here and who are these people”.
Jonny: “Oga sir, I … I …” he tried to catch his breath for he was breathing hard.
Baba Dozie: “Open your mouth and say something. When did you start
stammering?”
Jonny: “Sorry, oga. I never recover from the push wey this woman give me with her big bakasi”.
Baba Dozie: “Just go back to your duty post. I will handle this”.
Jonny: “Oga, I don recover now. I dey
ready to talk”.
Baba Dozie: “I said go and lock my gate and remain there, that is what I
employed you to do and not to talk”.
Jonny: “Yes, sir!” He ran away.
Baba Dozie: “Madam, what can I do for you?’
Mama Eno: “What can you do for me?
Well, you cannot do anything for me. The question should be what I can do for you”.
Baba Dozie: “Very well then. What can you do for me?”
Mama Eno: “I brought your daughter in law to you”.
Baba Dozie: “My what?”
Mama Eno: “You heard me correctly the first time”.
Baba Dozie: “Whose wife, if I may ask?”
Mama Eno: “Why don’t you ask your son Dozie how many times he slept with my daughter in the past months?”
Baba Dozie: “Woman, you must learn
how to talk politely. You cannot come to my house and start running your mouth anyhow. Anyway, I am sure that you know that I was a Legislator before? As a seasoned politician, I am going to ask your daughter some questions and I will find out if my son is truly responsible for the pregnancy”
Mama Eno: Go ahead and ask the
questions in the world. All I know is that your son must marry my daughter”.
Baba Dozie: “My daughter, look into my eyes and tell me that my son is
responsible for the pregnancy”.

Eno made to speak but she caught a
glimpse of Dozie who was standing in a place hidden from his father and her mother’s view, he was holding a sharp cutlass and looking intently at her. She ran short of words for fear of what he may do to her if she confirmed her mother’s allegations.

Mama Eno: “My friend will you open your mouth and talk? Have you suddenly gone deaf?”
Eno: “Mum, I ... he, I mean I don’t ….”
Baba Dozie: “Who is responsible for your pregnancy, young lady?”

Eno Froze.....

To be continued

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Optimizing To Design A Speedy Mobile-Friendly Website debit99 1 1,152 06-11-2021, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Allenwood
  Edo: Wake up, enemies out to frustrate your political assignment – Primate Ayodele Edoman 0 522 12-30-2020, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Edoman
  Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina Edoman 0 676 12-27-2020, 12:05 AM
  I have no enemies to fight - Former President Goodluck accepts Shagari son’s Apology Edoman 0 655 10-05-2020, 06:41 PM
  5 Qs, 5 As with Bleeding Environmentally friendly Region Namath 0 851 07-22-2020, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Namath
  Enemies of APC are behind attacks by bandits in the north - Governor Masari Edoman 1 988 07-20-2020, 04:23 PM
  Jonathan’s enemies have been disgraced’ – Fani-Kayode Edoman 0 1,119 10-12-2019, 07:53 PM
  An search engine optimization friendly website priya1322 0 1,154 10-05-2019, 08:52 AM
Last Post: priya1322