The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SERAP Accuses Ajimobi Of Executive Rascality Over Demolition.....
SERAP accuses Oyo gov Ajimobi of executive rascality over demolition of Ayefele’s Fresh FM

Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has accused the Governor of Oyo State Senator Abiola Ajimobi of executive rascality and strongly condemned “the unlawful demolition of Fresh FM building owned by Yinka Ayefele, and the forced evictions of residents by the Oyo State government”, describing it as a “grave violation of fundamental human rights and contrary to international law.”

The Oyo State Government early on Sunday morning stormed the Music House belonging to artiste, Yinka Ayefele. Government bulldozers arrived the Challenge area of Ibadan where the building was located and pulled it down, despite pending court action to stop the demolition. Ayefele had sued Oyo State government, and the court had ruled that ‘there are serious issues to be determined, and adjourned the case to August 20. The Oyo State government had been duly served.

SERAP in a statement today signed by its deputy director Timothy Adewale said, “This is a gross abuse of powers by the Oyo State government and governor Ajimobi against a radio station simply doing their job. The action is politically motivated, patently arbitrary and entirely inconsistent with international human rights standards and national laws. The action amounts to executive rascality and seriously undermines the integrity and authority of our courts. This kind of action has no place in a democratic society that is based on the rule of law.”

The organization said “the destruction of a radio station on the grounds that the Oyo state government dislikes their work is a textbook case of repression of media freedom and violation of the right to adequate housing. The authorities must immediately stop the demolition, ensure appropriate repairs of the building and adequate compensation, and guarantee of non-repetition. SERAP will challenge this violent and reckless destruction of Ayefele’s Fresh FM in court.”

The statement read in part: “The Oyo State government has not only engaged in forced eviction but also violated the right to adequate housing, the right to freedom of expression and media freedom.”

“It is the obligation of Oyo State government to ensure that Ayefele and everyone affected by this act of illegality is adequately compensated for the property of Fresh FM that has been demolished.”

“Nigeria is a state party to the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights which requires Oyo State government to refrain from arbitrary forced evictions and arbitrary destruction of resources that individuals and families have invested in building their homes.”

“Nigeria has also ratified the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, which protects individuals from arbitrary or unlawful interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, and guarantees everyone the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attack.”

“In its "Resolution on Forced Evictions," the U.N. Commission on Human Rights affirmed that forced evictions constitute a gross violation of human rights. The term "forced eviction" is defined for the purposes of international law as the permanent or temporary removal against their will of individuals, families and/or communities from the homes and/or land which they occupy, without the provision of, and access to, appropriate forms of legal or other protection.”

“It is important to note that international standards focus on protecting individuals who occupy homes and land and do not depend on any particular form of ownership title to the land or house, nor on the legality of the occupancy.”

http://serap-nigeria.org/serap-accuses-oyo-gov-ajimobi-of-executive-rascality-over-demolition-of-ayefeles-fresh-fm.ngo/

[Image: 7598686_ayefelejpg_jpegbd055d5932eda50e4216ccd6d9f2cd9c]
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
Quote:Gospel star Yinka Ayefele has said he was hospitalised for five days when he received the notice from Oyo State government to demolish Music House building housing his Fresh FM in Ibadan, the state capital.

The artiste said he was on hospital bed from August 14 till August 18.

Addressing reporters yesterday inside the partially demolished building, Ayefele said his wife was at the home of Governor Abiola Ajimobi around 11 p.m on August 18 till about 4 a.m on August 19, pleading with him not to demolish the building.

The singer, who was in company of top officials of his radio station, said: “Immediately, I got this demolition notice last Monday, August 13, I started making moves on how we could overcome it. All I can see is the demolition taking place, after we had gone to court.

Quote:“They were served with the court processes on Thursday and the case was fixed for August 20 (yesterday). But before today, we saw that they had carried out what they said they were coming to do.

“On Saturday, my wife was with the governor of Oyo State. She was on her knees for almost five hours with the governor – it was around 11 p.m till 4a.m – in the governor’s house. I was on my hospital bed because I had been down since Tuesday that I got the demolition notice.

“I would have followed them to the governor’s house, but I couldn’t go because I was on the hospital bed. So, I asked my wife to go there and solicit on my behalf. My wife was with the governor for almost five hours.

“The governor said she should not worry, that everything would be resolved. As a matter of fact, the governor gave my wife $1,000 and two other people who followed her to the place. He told them everything was over. What we saw was the demolition on Sunday morning.

“I don’t know precisely what went wrong. What has been my offence to deserve this? I have close to 200 people who work with me here. All my labour, what I have laboured for, for over 20 years in pain, was just pulled down in minutes.

“So, I don’t know if there has been any way that I have wronged the government, I would have gone to beg or pray for forgiveness.”
[size=undefined]

Ayefele said he acted promptly on the letters he received from the government, adding that before the demolition notice was served on him, he had asked for a way out.

According to him, the government said he should put up another plan for approval, “which I told my architect to do”.

He added:
[/size]

Quote:“It is not a day’s job. It was almost done when we get this demolition notice.

“As it stands, we are going to abide by the ruling of the court. Aside this, we are also suing the government for unlawful destruction of our property. We have relocated our studio and Fresh FM is fully back on air. It is only NBC that can stop us from broadcasting. They can only try but they can’t succeed.”
[size=undefined]

Ayefele said he got government approval for Music House, saying:
[/size]

Quote:“In the approved plan of the Music House, we requested for an approval for a business complex with proposed two studios, which was approved. This building is more than 10 years. Are you now saying that the radio licence, which costs several millions to obtain, is not a business venture?
[size=undefined]

http://kikiotolu.com/yinka-ayefele-hospitalised-over-illegal-demolition-of-music-house-my-wife-begged-ajimobi-for-5-hours-i-dont-know-my-offence/[/size]

[Image: 7607277_yinkaayefelewifebegsajimobifor5h...460220bee4]
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SERAP Asks Court To Slash Jumbo Allowances For Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Edoman 0 851 07-11-2021, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Edoman
  Family Accuses FCT SARS Of Raping, Killing Daughter, Petitions IG (photo) Edoman 3 1,143 02-25-2021, 05:30 PM
  Man cries out from prison as he accuses his half sister chief justice of Ondo Edoman 0 523 02-16-2021, 06:05 PM
  Nigerian pastor accuses Bill Gates of preparing the world for Antichrist Edoman 0 576 01-03-2021, 11:29 AM
  TVC journalist accuses DSS of unlawfully detaining her Edoman 0 464 12-30-2020, 09:45 PM
  Abiola Ajimobi Made Heaven - Wife, Florence Edoman 0 615 08-03-2020, 06:36 PM
  Protest In Sabon Gari Market, Kano, Over Demolition Of Roadside Shops (Video) Edoman 0 686 07-21-2020, 12:34 AM
  Bala Agaba, Ex-NIMASA Executive Director jailed for 7 years for N1.5bn fraud Edoman 0 649 07-15-2020, 04:01 PM