The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 18TH 2021.

PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME

THEME: THE HOLY SPIRIT IN YOU

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you (JOHN 14:16-17).

As a little boy, growing up, I was full of fear. But everything changed when I received the Holy Spirit. All the fears in me were disabled and deleted. He began to teach me the Word of God and I became emboldened.

The Holy Spirit gave me utterance, became my teacher and began to guide and instruct me. He began to show me what to do, how to understand the Scriptures, how to interpret the Scriptures. My whole life was transformed. I knew what I was and where I was headed, and how He altered my life and redirected everything.

The same can happen for anybody. The Bible says He’s no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34); what He does for one, He’ll do for another under the same circumstance. Even if He’s never done it for anyone, and you require it, He’ll make it happen for you. Maybe today you have low expectations in life; maybe everyone has given up on you! It may be at home, or in school, or at your workplace, or among your peers; you’re the struggling one, and now you’re wondering, “How can I ever get better? Is there any hope for me?” Yes, there’s hope in Christ.

No need to struggle. If you’ve received the Holy Spirit, recognize His presence in you. Learn to have fellowship with Him through the Word and prayer. Have faith in His ability to make you a success and cause you to fulfil His destiny for your life. Take advantage of His glorious ministry in your life. Pray in tongues always and follow His guidance, and He’ll make you successful in all things.

PRAYER

Oh Lord, you’re gracious and kind. You’re my rock and my salvation, the One in whom I wholly trust. You make all things beautiful, and you’ve granted me an extraordinary capacity to contemplate, think, envision and see endless possibilities. I bring forth beauty and excellence from within me, through the power of your Spirit that lives in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

JOHN 14:26 KJV “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

2 TIMOTHY 1:7 KJV “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

ACTS 1:8 AMPC “But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 3 & Psalms 109-112

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Luke 17:11-19 & 1 Samuel 3.

#RHEMAFORTODAY 

Say these with me, ‘I am full of the wisdom of God, for Christ is made unto me wisdom! That Wisdom is in my heart and in my mouth today! I function in it; I am guided by it, and I grow in it daily as I continually meditate on the Word and fellowship with the Holy Spirit. The knowledge of God’s Word in my spirit puts me over and gives me the victory today!

Fear, sickness, poverty, and death have no place in me because I live by faith in the Word of God, which is my recipe for total success, victory, prosperity and divine health. The Word of God, which is the source of my life, is living and active in me today!

Therefore, I experience the transforming power of the Word in my finances, health, family, and in everything that concerns me. My life is upgraded today by the power of God’s Word. Hallelujah!

I am inspired by today’s possibilities and tomorrow’s potentials. Through the Word of God, my mind is renewed and my spirit is enlightened to see my future and see the greatness, success, victory, and prosperity which God has ordained to be my day-to-day experience in Christ! Blessed be God. Hallelujah!

God bless you

[Image: Screenshot_20210801_2159392.jpg]
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL 

DATE: WEDNESDAY, 18TH AUGUST, 2021.

TOPIC: THE WONDER-WORKING WORD

MEMORISE
“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the hearts.” – (Hebrews 4:12)

READ: John 1:1-3 (KJV) 

1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2. The same was in the beginning with God.

3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

There is creative power in the word of God. It takes Someone who is all-powerful to execute the gigantic project of creating the universe This is what the word of God did and is still doing, according to our Bible reading of today. When the Lord speaks, His word brings whatever He desires into being. The creative word of God bears His power. This is the reason we must never take the word of God for granted. As a matter of fact we must tremble at His word because it can make or break us.

It is foolishness to disobey God because He would not spare us if we do. Calamity has befallen many as a result of their disobedience to the word of God. Jesus says in John 12:48:
He that rejected me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

However, it is interesting to note that the power in the word of God is capable of saving us from sin. His word is the discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Hebrews 4:12). Without the word, man is in darkness but the word of God is the light of life. The Psalmist wrote:
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. - (Psalm 119:105)

The power in the word makes the foolish become wise according to Psalm 19:7:
The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

One more interesting thing about the word of God which people are unfortunately ignoring and rejecting is that it delivers from calamities and demonic oppressions. In Luke 7:7, the centurion said to Jesus Christ:
Wherefore neither thought I myseff worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.

The Bible further says in Luke 7:10:
And they that were sent, returning to the house, found the servant whole that had been sick.

This incident corroborates Psalm 107:20:
He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

Beloved, we must believe the word of God, act on it and make it our standard. Quoting the Scripture without living by it is an exercise in futility. Remember, only the doers of the word shall be blessed by it (James 1:25).

ACTION POINT
Decide that you will study and live by the word of God from today. It will work for and defend you, in Jesus' name.

AUTHOR: Pastor E. A. Adeboye

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR 
Psalms 111 - 113

HYMNAL:
 HYMN 14 - JESUS, MY LORD, MY GOD, MY ALL

1 Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all, 
 hear me, blest Savior, when I call; 
 hear me, and from thy dwelling place 
 pour down the riches of thy grace. 

Refrain: 
 Jesus, my Lord, I thee adore; 
 O make me love thee more and more. 

2 Jesus, too late I thee have sought; 
 how can I love thee as I ought? 
 And how extol thy matchless fame, 
 the glorious beauty of thy name? 

Refrain: 

3 Jesus, what didst thou find in me 
 that thou hast dealt so lovingly? 
 How great the joy that thou hast brought, 
 so far exceeding hope or thought! 

Refrain: 

4 Jesus, of thee shall be my song; 
 to thee my heart and soul belong; 
 all that I have or am is thine, 
 and thou, blest Savior, thou art mine. 

Refrain: 
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY DR. PAUL ENENCHE.

WEDNESDAY 18 AUGUST, 2021.

TOPIC: SIN – THE ROOT OF GENERATIONAL CALAMITY.

SCRIPTURE: And Joshua said, Why hast thou troubled us? the Lord shall trouble thee this day. And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones. Joshua 7:25.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The crookedness of today equals the wretchedness of tomorrow. What you do today can affect your children and their destinies tomorrow.

Sin has been confirmed to be a major cause of generational calamity and disaster. The Scripture is filled with the examples of people who were negatively affected by sin. Examples abound of people who took what did not belong to them and the consequences they suffered. Adam and Eve, and Rachel were examples. They took what they were not licensed to take and they ended in disaster.

Now, another example of people who suffered the calamitous consequences of sin was Achan. Achan took what he was not licensed to take, thereby provoking generational calamity and tragedy. 

When the children of Israel destroyed Jericho, God told them not to touch or carry anything from Jericho. But Achan decided to take a Babylonish garment that he was not supposed to take. Thereafter, Israel went to a battle with a small country called Ai, and Israel was beaten and almost defeated by Ai.

The children of Israel turned their back and ran to Joshua. When Joshua inquired of God, God told him that Israel had touched the accursed thing. When nobody owned up, they had to cast lots and it fell on Achan. He and his family were stoned to death (Joshua 7:25).

You see, he took only a Babylonish garment and a wedge of gold, but he lost everything, including his life and family in one day. He also lost the riches he had before, riches he rightly laboured for. 

It is very painful to know that even his wife and children died with him. This means, what you do can affect your children and their future. Corrupt and fraudulent people jeopardize the future of their family members.

I was tempted to ask why his wife and children had to suffer the consequence of his sin. Then I realized that it was possible that when he brought home the stolen items, they did not speak up, but rather agreed to partake in them, and so, they also suffered the consequences. 

Beloved, the crookedness of today equals the wretchedness of tomorrow. What you do today can affect your children and their destinies tomorrow.

Remember this: The crookedness of today equals the wretchedness of tomorrow. What you do today can affect your children and their destinies tomorrow.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Go through today’s message again.

2. Make up your mind not to take what you are not rightly given.

PRAYER: Lord, I ask that You deliver me from the temptation of taking what does not belong to me. Help me to be contented with what You have given me Lord, in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: THE TRAGEDY OF EVIL MONEY

QUOTE: When you spend time with God, your iniquity comes under scrutiny; your sin cannot be hidden. Culled from “WHO ARE YOU?” by Dr Paul Enenche.

DAILY READING: Jeremiah 37-39

REFLECTION: People have the power to decide their actions but they have no power to determine their consequences. Your actions are in your hands but their consequences are out of your control. Think well before you can act. 

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: The Lord release mercy on you over every negative consequence of your yesterday’s actions in Jesus’ Name.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM