The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo)
Its normal, Christians will resist hijab, and Muslim will want it in Christian mission schools.

But looking at this agreement, without sentiment, one we understand that Muslims want to override Christians. Just let us be fair and sincere with our judgement..

Anyway, No one Can fight for God.
Let peace reign

FULL TEXT BELOW

KWARA STATE SCHOOLS BOARD

Speech delivered by His Excellency, The Military Governor of Kwara State, Colonel D. L. Bamigboye, at the Official Launching of the Kwara State Schools Board in Ilorin, State Capital, on 3/7/72

Civil Commissioners, Distinguised Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am delighted to be here this morning to launch officially the Kwara State Schools Board which came into being on the first day of June, 1972. This is a practical demonstration of the importance which my Government, among other Governments of the Federation, attaches to education.

It is gratifying to see the large assembly here this morning among whom, I understand, are proprietors, education secretaries, chairmen of boards of governors, principals of various grant-aided post-primary institutions and a lot more people from many walks of life. They are all welcome to Ilorin, the State Capital. It is my earnest prayer to wish everyone a pleasant stay in Ilorin and safe journey back home.
I want to start by acknowledging the depth of gratitude we owe to the Voluntary Agencies for the pioneering roles they have so far played in the progress of formal education in Nigeria, most especially in Kwara State.

Brief Historical Review
Some of the earliest primary schools in the country were opened by the Missions in what is today Kwara State. For instance, in 1865 the first primary school was opened at Lokoja. By 1918 similar Voluntary Agency schools were already opened at Offa,  at Ilorin and in Ogori. Gradually all the Christian Missions, Muslim Missions and Native Authorities, now Local Government Authorities, and communities became involved in establishing primary schools.

Today we have over 550 primary schools in the State. The Missions, the Native Authorities and the local communities have also contributed a great deal to the development of post-primary education in the State. As at date, there are 78 post- primary schools in the State. Of these only 3 are owned and run directly by the Government while the remaining 65 are Voluntary Agency, Community and private schools. I have gone into this aspect of the history of education in the State to show the value of team work among the Voluntary Agencies. Local communities private interests and the Government in the great task of educating our children. I hope that this tradition of team work will continue.

As many of you know, the proposal to establish Schools Board dated several years back. The National Joint Negotiation Council of 1964 under the distinguished Chairmanship of Justice Adefarasin and the Committee on the Grading Duty Posts in Voluntary Agency Institutions recommended it. Above all, the teachers themselves support it. These are concrete proofs of the desirability of the scheme hence my Government’s spontaneous reaction to it when due for consideration.

Full Scale Consultations
In my last Budget Speech I mentioned the intention of my Government to create the State Schools Board and the Local School Boards. I made good this promise in respect of one when on 18th May, 1972, I signed the Education Law ( Amendment) Edict, which gave birth to the State Schools Board on 1st June, 1972, the official launching of which we are all witnessing here today. The Board comprises seven able personalities, including a woman, to run the affairs of the Voluntary Agency grant-aided post-primary institutions. Before establishing the Board my Ministry of Education went into full scale consultations with the major Voluntary Agency institutions in the six Northern States, namely, the Protestants, the Roman Catholic, and the Islamic bodies as early as February, 1970. I am glad to announce that all the Voluntary Agency and community schools were fully in agreement and that the five “Part-time” members at this Board virtually represent these agencies although they are expected to function as individuals and according to their own best judgement.

Aspects of Education Administration.
While it is the main purpose of the State Schools Board to implement Asabia Recommendations, The Board has come in the nick of time to give concrete expression to Government thinking on certain aspects of the administration of education in this State. Of particular concern to the Government in this regard are the followings needs:-

(a) The need to have job security for teachers in Voluntary Agency Schools.

(b) The need to improve as well as unify service conditions of teachers in all Voluntary Agency Institutions.

(c ) The need for uniformly high standards between Government and Voluntary Agency institutions.

(d) The need to narrow, with the ultimate aim of closing, the gap in educational provision amongst the various areas in the State.

(e) The need to ensure adequate staffing for all schools.

The Edict establishing the Board clearly spelt out the functions of the Board which include 'power to appoint teachers (including power to make appointments on promotion, conform appointments and effect transfers) and to dismiss and exercise disciplinary control over teachers in all post – primary schools which are in receipt of Government grant-in-aid.

No Schools Takeover Yet.
It is appropriate for me at this juncture to clarify some misgivings about the State Schools Board. The term ‘take-over’ has become very current in our newspapers that it needs to be clarified in respect of our establishment of the Schools Board. I mentioned in my Budget Speech that my Government has not yet decided to take over Secondary Schools. What will now be taken over is the staff management in grant-aided post-primary institutions and NOT the institutions themselves. A total take–over of schools by Government means, among other things, a change in ownership of schools. In this connection, I want to remind the Voluntary Agencies that they are still the owner of their schools and therefore retain the rights over as well as responsibilities for them. For avoidance of doubts, let me mention some of your rights as proprietors under the new dispensation:-

(a) The right of ownership of institutions. Proprietors still retain the greatest of proprietory rights namely, ownership of their grants aided institutions.  It should be noted that the existence of the Board will in no way detract from this.

(b) The names of schools remain as given by proprietors.

(c ) Religious orientation and practices in the schools remain generally undisturbed.

(d) The right to nominate Board of Governors with responsibility for the day-to-day management and welfare of the institutions remain unchanged. The Board of Governors will continue to function normally except in regards to staff matters which responsibility is now taken over by the State Schools Board. Finally,

(e) The total tone of the institutions remains the responsibility of the Board of Governors as the main organ of the Proprietors.

Proprietors’ Continued Participation
At this point, I want to emphasize the importance of proprietors’ continued participation. Under the new scheme the institutions whose staff management is being taken over should continue to be virile and progressive with bouyant financial support from community and Missions both for proper maintenance and necessary developments. By this I mean the mistake of the past should not be repeated whereby people misunderstood the role of the Local Education Authorities for ‘a total take-over’ of the transferred schools and consequently washed off their hands financially. I am here reiterating that proprietors still owe large duties to their institutions and these they should continue to discharge through their Boards of Governors, for example:-
the regular maintenance of the school buildings, housing of institutional staff, provisions of school accommodation, the general tone of the institution, appointment of Board’s own administrative staff and anything to do with the academic work of the school, other than teaching staff.
I hope that the Missionary as well, as the community spirits which engendered these institutions will continue to enable them to run without any financial hardship.

Finally I want to remind the State Schools Board of the enormous task ahead of it. I am sure that the Board is fully aware of the various problems which it is set up to solve I expect the Board to give the schools the best services possible and to demonstrate that with prudent management of the existing scale of financial provisions the teachers' lot can be greatly improved. The Board is set up to improve, standards and services conditions of teachers. It is also its major role to maintain discipline in the noble profession.
In Conclusion, I wish the Kwara State Schools Board many years of useful services to this State and to the country as a whole.

Thank you.

[Image: 13279122_screenshot20210318145330_jpegb9...98100701a7]
[Image: 13279123_screenshot20210318184320_jpegcf...db4c1289ad]
[Image: 13279124_screenshot20210318184431_jpeg52...2566688c7a]
[Image: 13279125_screenshot20210318184557_jpeg8e...2c07fa5311]
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Army denies shooting #EndSARS protesters at Lekki tollgate; says Lagos state govt inv Edoman 1 1,353 10-07-2021, 09:39 AM
Last Post: kaleanna
  Atiku attended Buhari son’s wedding, ignored PDP crisis – Adeyanju Edoman 0 930 08-23-2021, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Nigeria has no govt – Omokri condemns killing of 2 Methodist pastors, 24 others Edoman 0 935 08-23-2021, 08:06 AM
  Nigerian Army releases images of Boko Haram, ISWAP terrorists after surrender Edoman 0 869 08-17-2021, 08:32 AM
  Boko Haram, ISWAP: Buhari must not recognize Taliban govt in Afghanistan – Moghalu wa Edoman 0 803 08-17-2021, 08:28 AM
  Gun-wielding herdsman arrested in Ogun (photo) Edoman 0 730 08-11-2021, 02:47 PM
  DSS Releases 5 #BuhariMustGo Activists Arrested At Dunamis Church (Pictures) Edoman 0 797 08-04-2021, 07:06 AM
  (photo) 3 kidnappers killed in gun duel as police rescue abducted wife of Benue comm Edoman 0 784 08-02-2021, 08:13 PM