{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Herdsmen eviction: Flush out criminals in your State – Buhari tells Akeredolu

Herdsmen eviction: Flush out criminals in your State – Buhari tells Akeredolu

on
 January 28, 2021

[Image: Buhari-1280x720.jpg.webp]

President Muhammad Buhari has told Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, to flush out all criminals in the state, especially those in the forest reserves.

This was contained in a statement by the Ondo State Information Commissioner, Donald Ojogo, after the Governor’s meeting with the President at the State House, Abuja on Wednesday.
Governor Akeredolu failed to speak to State House correspondents at the end of his close doors meeting with the President at Aso Rock in Abuja

The statement said that Governor Akeredolu briefed the President regarding the precarious security situation in the South West region, especially his state during the meeting.

It said the meeting was centered on the issue of security in the Southwest and Ondo State in particular.

“It was a huge opportunity for the governor to put the records straight as regards the erroneous impression that Governor Akeredolu had asked all Fulani and herdsmen to vacate the state.

“The meeting afforded both leaders a great window to explore ingenious methods to tackle the issue of insecurity in the region.

“In particular, Governor Akeredolu sought and, indeed, obtained the President’s support and encouragement to flush out criminals in the forests of Ondo State.”

Following the high rate of kidnappings, raping of women and killings allegedly being committed by criminals hiding in forests across Ondo State, Governor Akeredolu had given herdsmen a seven-day ultimatum to vacate the areas.

But in a swift reaction, the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria cried out over the governor’s directive leading to Presidency’s statement through the Senior Special Assistant to the President, Garba Shehu, cautioning Akeredolu against the move, saying the herders cannot leave the forests for any reason.

And last Monday, the Charman of Nigerian Governors Forum and Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi at a meeting said Akeredolu’s statement was misinterpreted.

Fayemi insisted that Governor Akaredolu cannot ask Fulani to vacate Ondo State.
The issue of insecurity allegedly being perpetrated by Fulani herdsmen has generated a lot of concerns in the South west in recent days.

Yoruba activist, Sunday Igboho had over the weekend made good his earlier threat on the eviction of Fulani community from Igangan, a town in Ibarapa Local Government Area of Oyo State.

{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. lottery sambad old
Thank you for sharing a bunch of this quality contents, I have bookmarked your blog. Please also explore advice from my site. I will be back for more quality contents. keto diet food list
Good artcile, but it would be better if in future you can share more about this subject. Keep posting. Done for you apartment investing
I’ve read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to create such a great informative website. el mejor aceite picual
This is a brilliant blog! I'm very happy with the comments!.. diagrim
If you set out to make me think today; mission accomplished! I really like your writing style and how you express your ideas. Thank you. 파워볼사이트
Great survey, I'm sure you're getting a great response. Edwin Urrutia
Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it. Kevin Galstyan
Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually realize what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my site =). We could have a hyperlink change contract between us! california lemon law attorney
An interesting dialogue is price comment. I feel that it is best to write more on this matter, it may not be a taboo topic however usually individuals are not enough to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers. home painters toronto
You have performed a great job on this article. It’s very precise and highly qualitative. You have even managed to make it readable and easy to read. You have some real writing talent. Thank you so much. videohive
I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here. Your article is really great. I like the way you wrote this information. free indian chatrooms

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fresh Crisis Brews In Igangan As Herdsmen Resume Farm Destruction Edoman 0 1 1 hour ago
Last Post: Edoman
  No fly-Zone: Zamfara State House Of Assembly Rejects FG's Declaration Edoman 0 6 Yesterday, 04:18 PM
  Tinubu Slams Ambode: "Ship Of Lagos State Was Heading In The Wrong Direction Edoman 0 7 Yesterday, 04:14 PM
  Miyetti Allah Backs Obiano's Order Declaring AK-47-Carrying Herdsmen Criminals Edoman 0 7 Yesterday, 08:46 AM
  Governor Ortom Commends President Buhari On Order Against Herdsmen Bearing Guns Edoman 0 7 Yesterday, 07:39 AM
  State police will happen soon - Governor Akeredolu Edoman 0 11 03-04-2021, 11:53 PM
  Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable Edoman 0 11 03-04-2021, 10:37 PM
  Renewed Hostilities: Kwara State Govt Imposes Curfew On Two towns Edoman 0 15 03-04-2021, 09:58 PM