The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kidnappers kill Oyo farmer after collecting N2m ransom
Kidnappers kill Oyo farmer after collecting N2m ransom

[Image: 5ffeb54aebeac.jpg]

Abducted Oyo farmer, Wole Agboola has been killed by kidnappers after collecting a ransom of N2m from his family. 

Recall that six armed men dressed in military camouflage abducted the University of Ibadan graduate on his piggery/fish farm located at Nagbede village via Aba-odo in Oyo on Monday, December 28, 2020. Read HERE

[Image: 5ffeb583554a8.jpg]

The decomposing remains of Agboola were recovered from the bush in Aba-Odo on Monday, January 11, by the police a few miles from where he was abducted.

A brother to the deceased, Olakunle Agboola, also a journalist, who confirmed the development, said his brother was killed and his body found 10 days after the ransom was paid by the family.

"My brother, Wole Agboola was killed after a huge ransom was paid and we later found his body inside the bush near Aba Odo yesterday (Monday) at 6pm just a bit close to where he was abducted.” said Olakunle. 

Meanwhile, friends of the deceased have taken to Facebook to mourn him. One Olaniyan Alphonso, said Agboola lost his father last year. 

"Hmmm we met on this street, He became my customer and then a friend. We've met a couple of times, we discuss business, a man full of ideas... I was to attend his father's burial in July but distance and covid, perhaps it would have been a great moment together. Sad Shocked! Prayed, paid and yet killed! Sad! We failed him! the system do; we are all a party to this! Engr. Seyi Makinde! This is not NorthEast, what is going on!? Why!? Enough! God! Rest in peace my brother, Agboola Oluwole we failed you!" he wrote. 

Pastor of the church where the deceased worshipped, Reverend Boladale Ige suspected he might have been killed shortly after he was kidnapped.
Quote:
“Painful exit of a dear brother,” reads “Romans 14:8-For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord’s," Rev. Ige said in a message.

"It is with a heavy heart, that I announce the painful and sudden passing of our brother, Elder Wole Agboola, who, unfortunately, fell to the cruel hands of kidnappers on Monday, 28th December 2020 on his farm.

“Despite all efforts, it appears his abductors had killed him shortly after his kidnap. This, for us, as a church family and for his immediate family, is a very painful and sad occurrence. We must nevertheless encourage one another at this time to hold firmly to God’s infinite words, and look to HIM, keeping our gaze on our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.,"

"The occurrence of the past two weeks is a sad reality of the state of insecurity in our nation, Nigeria. We remain fastidious, praying for the deliverance of our nation and people from the grips of the enemy. And we shall be victorious. As we mourn, we will not mourn as those who do not have hope we believe in God, and we know, our brother has gone to heaven, to be with his Lord Jesus whom he loved dearly and served passionately.

"We, who remain, must remain steadfast, looking unto Jesus, without fear or oppression. For we have victory in Christ Jesus, and we know, He is able to keep us all, until His Coming.

“Mathew 10:vs 28.. ‘And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell,"

"God is the avenger. We take comfort in our God and the Holy Spirit. And believe we will all meet on Resurrection Day. Please remember to pray for his wife and children and the church family."

[Image: 5ffeb5b1efd98.png][Image: 5ffeb5cf032b7.png][Image: 5ffeb5ea297c2.png]

[Image: icon_share.png]
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
Suspected kidnappers dressed in military camouflage abduct farmer in Oyo state

[Image: 5fec223d0cf0f.jpg]

Armed men numbering about six and dressed in military camouflage have abducted a farm owner, Oluwole Agbolla, on his piggery/fish farm located at Nagbede village via Aba-odo in Oyo state.

A statement released by the spokesperson of the Oyo state police command states that the men who arrived on foot sneaked into the farm and abducted Oluwole, carrying him into the bush.

Olugbenga said immediately the report of the incident got to the notice of DPO Moniya, a search party comprising of plainclothes/Tactical police teams, Vigilantes, hunters, and Amotekun corps swung into action and were deployed to far and near bushes to comb the areas for possible arrest of the hoodlums and also the safe rescue of the victim.

He said efforts are still being made to rescue the victim and get the culprits arrested.

Olugbenga added that the state Commissioner of Police appeals to good-spirited members of the public with useful information to give to the Police to assist in the arrest of the criminal element(s) and others alike in the State while other means are being designed to stop future occurrence forthwith. 
How Fulani workers connived with others to abduct, kill their employer in Oyo after collecting ransom

[Image: 60292782bafa2.jpg]

The Oyo State Police Command has arrested three suspected killers of a businessman and farmer, Oluwole Agboola. 

The suspects, Dahiru Usman, 35, Muhammed Ahmadu, 32, and Ibrahim Mamuda, 20, were paraded by the state Commissioner of Police, Ngozi Onadeko, on Wednesday, February 10. 

[Image: 602927ee166b9.jpg]

Recall that six armed men dressed in military camouflage abducted the University of Ibadan graduate on his piggery/fish farm located at Adegbade village via Aba-odo in Akinyele Local Government Area of Oyo on Monday, December 28, 2020.

His remains were recovered from the bush on Monday, January 11, ten days after ransom was paid by the family. Read HERE and HERE

It was gathered that Agboola went to to his farm at about 1:30pm that fateful day after he got news that one of his pigs has given birth to ten piglets.

He was on the farm and visiting his workers at different places they were attached to when suddenly gunmen armed with AK-47 rifles barged in and whisked him away to an unknown destination after firing shots.

The kidnappers contacted Agboola's family on December 29, 2020, from his phone and demanded N50 million as ransom. After much pleading and negotiation, they reduced the ransom. N1.650 million was taken to the kidnappers on December 31, but they didn't release him.

The family contacted the police and the then Commissioner of Police, Joe Nwachukwu Enwonwu directed the command’s Monitoring Team, led by CSP Sola Aremu, to begin work.

The operatives were said to have moved immediately to where the victim was kidnapped and commenced intelligence gathering. Things began to unfold with the help of information and the team arrested a Fulani working on the farm, identified as Usman Dahiru.

In the course of interrogation, it was discovered that Dahiru was present on the farm on the day of the kidnap. On the day the ransom was paid, he also left the farm without informing anyone of his destination. But the police got to know that he went to the kidnappers to get his share of the ransom.

One other worker, Ahmadu Muhammadu, also on the farm, eventually helped to trace Dahiru to his hideout at Bodija community in Ibadan.

The monitoring team was also able to discover that one of Dahiru’s brothers, Hassan, who had once worked on the farm, and was frequently visiting the place after his exit from work, was one of the masterminds of the kidnap.

While working on tracing the whereabouts of the victim, the team had a breakthrough on January 3, Dahiru was trailed to Bodija area at railway track where he was arrested. After his arrest, Dahiru confessed that he knew about the kidnap and got a share of N50,000 from the ransom.

He also mentioned the other worker, Muhammadu, as being in the know of the kidnap plan.

A third suspect, Ibrahim Mamuda, was also arrested, as he was said to have been the one who went to Aba Odo community to collect the ransom from the victim’s brother, Olakunle Agboola. He was identified by the victim’s brother after his arrest.

After much interrogation, Dahiru confessed that the victim had been killed, though he claimed not to know the spot where he was kept. On January 9, however, the team got useful information with regards to where the body was. On January 10, the operatives went to comb the area, which was not far from where he was kidnapped and found his decomposed body. 

[Image: 60292a6de97da.png]

Speaking to journalists after their parade, Usman Dahiru claimed that it was his brother that directed the kidnappers to the farm.

“I’m a Fulani man, but born in Ilorin, Kwara State. It is true that the day the kidnappers came to the farm, they met our boss, his son and those of us working there. They came with guns and took our boss away between 1pm and 2pm," he said.

"I was not the one who directed the kidnappers to come to the farm. It was done by my brother, Hassan. He once worked with my boss, but was still coming regularly after he left. As he was coming, he was studying how things were going on. When he first informed me of his intention to arrange the kidnap of my boss, I told him not to try it, saying that he would get into trouble.

"When the kidnappers came, we were working. They beat and kept us in a place, while they whisked my boss away. They covered their faces. I knew Abubakar, Aliu, Onto and Yellow among those who came to carry out the kidnapping. I didn’t tell anyone because I was afraid. I followed my boss’s family to settlements around to look for him
"Hassan later called me. Before then, when he came to us at the farm, I told him that I needed N50,000 as I was not financially buoyant. I left Aba Odo for Bodija on Thursday, December 30. On Friday, December 31, Hassan came to where I was waiting for him and gave me N50,000. I asked him where he got the money from, and he replied that it was from the kidnapping of my boss that his gang carried out

"I quarreled with him over the issue but collected the money anyway. I also asked him to give Muhammadu, who is an Alfa, some money also, and he said he would come to the farm to give him. I thought of returning home on January 4, unknown to me that police had gone to pick Muhammadu from the farm and were coming to me. That was how I was also arrested.

I swear, I didn’t know my boss had been killed."

[Image: 60292a9d059a0.png]

On his part, Muhammadu Ahmadu said he loved on the deceased's with his wife and children.

"On Thursday, December 31, 2020, Dahiru told me and the other worker that he wanted to go and buy something within Ibadan city. He did not mention a particular place specifically. We expected him for a long time, but he did not return. On Sunday, January 3, police came to me at the farm and asked of others. I told them we were only two around, with the other person working on the farm while I was trying something for us to eat

"They asked about Dahiru and I told them he left three days before, saying that he wanted to go for a purchase within the city. I was never told of the kidnap plan. If I had been aware, I would have notified others. I live on the farm with my wife and children, and my boss was paying me a salary of N15,000. He used to give me N1,000 from time to time outside the salary. He also used to give me food items

"Again, he gave me part of his land for me to farm on it. Will I say that was not enough for me? What will I gain from his being killed? Why will I destroy him for me to succeed? Hassan never told me he wanted to kidnap our boss. He only used to come to take concoction (hantu) for protection. I knew he was using motorcycle for commercial purpose, but became suspicious when he stopped the work. I couldn’t chase him away because his brother had been in the environment before I came.”

The third suspect, Mamuda, however denied being part of the kidnap gang, despite coming in contact with late Oluwole’s brother who identified him.

The police commissioner, Onadeko said that investigation was still ongoing, adding that efforts were being intensified to arrest the remaining suspects.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two kidnappers killed by vigilantes while collecting ransom in Taraba Edoman 0 713 08-04-2021, 04:17 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  FG Deploys 9,100 Corpers In North-West, Gunmen Kill 344, Abduct 430 Persons July Edoman 0 739 07-28-2021, 10:51 AM
  Amotekun Corps allegedly kill two party attendees in Ibadan Edoman 0 744 07-22-2021, 06:14 AM
  ''Has anybody seen Nnamdi Kanu kill anybody? He’s not a murderer''- Fr Mbaka calls fo Edoman 0 731 07-13-2021, 07:50 AM
  Gunmen kill SEDI DG, Prof. Samuel Ndubuisi and his orderly in Enugu (photos) Edoman 0 891 07-07-2021, 11:20 PM
  Suspected Fulani herdsmen invade Benue community, kill over 40 residents Edoman 0 729 06-07-2021, 06:15 PM
  Bandits kill 66 people in 8 Kebbi villages Edoman 0 696 06-05-2021, 07:14 PM
  Customs Officers Kill 4 In Oyo, Injure One (Graphic Pictures) Edoman 0 785 05-14-2021, 06:31 PM