The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serving NYSC member cries for justice after SARS in Anambra allegedly brutalized her
Serving NYSC member cries for justice after SARS in Anambra allegedly brutalized her

[Image: 5f6a24808a8a4.jpg]

A serving NYSC member has accused officers of the Nigeria Police Force in Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State of brutality.

The corps member, whose name was given simply as Akinlabi to protect her identity, said the harassment began on September 17 when men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad broke into her compound while she was asleep and pointed a flashlight to her face while claiming to be looking for “yahoo boys”.

Narrating her ordeal to SaharaReporters on Tuesday, September 22, Akinlabi said, “On 17th of September 2020 by 2:00am, a team of people broke into our compound claiming to be SARS and searching for yahoo guys. They broke my window net, pointed their torchlight at my face while asleep and commanded me to open the entrance door for them.

“I was scared to do as commanded because I couldn't identify who they were, rather, I shouted and ran into the passage for help.

"On getting to the passage, I saw another set of people at the window threatening to deal with me if I did not open the door. As I continued to shout for help, one of my neighbours opened her door for me and I entered her room and was shocked as they still came to the window of the woman insisting that we must open the door or they would break the door. 

“Some of them later broke into an empty room by cutting off the burglary and entered the passage. The others broke the burglary of the room we were, opened the door for others to have access to the room. They started assaulting me by slapping and hitting me with cutlasses and sticks.

[Image: 5f6a24a77e8a2.jpg]

"At this point, I was practically naked and had to plead with them to allow me to put on my clothes which they eventually allowed but violated my privacy as I was forced to dress up in their presence. The beating continued after that and I got handcuffed like a common criminal for an offence I knew nothing about. They threatened to lock me up for 48 hours for refusing to open the door for them.

“I and another guy in the lodge were taken to their van and they asked us to stand in the rain for hours. They insisted on us giving them money for fuel before we could be released. We were released when they realised we were not ready to give any money.”

Akinlabi said she reported the incident to NYSC officials in the state and was asked to make an official report at the police station, but she claims her report was falsified and never shown to her.

She told the publication: “The following morning, I called my LGI first and my PPA principal and they both asked me to go to the police station to make a report. On getting there, one officer initially refused to take my complaint until she was informed that the DPO was aware of the incident.

“In spite of this, she insisted on writing my statement by herself and in her own way. Please note that I never wrote or signed any statement at the police station as the officer refused to allow me to do so,” she said.

Akinlabi, who says she currently fears for her safety and that of her family, called on the Inspector-General of Police, rights groups and the international community to investigate the brutal invasion of her residence and assault against her and bring the officers involved to book.

She also asked the IGP to see to it that she is duly compensated for damages done to her physically and on her properties in the process of the crime committed against her while serving her country.

{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cow Invades Ogun NYSC Orientation Camp, Disrupts Parade, Corpers Run (Video) Edoman 0 718 08-12-2021, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Soldier allegedly stabs tailor in Ibadan for 'disrespecting him' Edoman 0 728 08-03-2021, 03:12 PM
  Jungle Justice: Emmanuel Christopher Almost Set Ablaze By Mob Edoman 0 700 08-02-2021, 02:34 PM
  Pictures Of The 5 Corpers Who Died In An Accident While Going To NYSC Camp Edoman 0 1,594 07-29-2021, 03:50 PM
  Amotekun Corps allegedly kill two party attendees in Ibadan Edoman 0 744 07-22-2021, 06:14 AM
  Youths In Ghana Reject Salah Rice Donated By A Member Of Parliament Edoman 0 741 07-20-2021, 06:50 PM
  Anambra Election: APGA Clears Soludo, Disqualified 5 Others Edoman 0 731 06-14-2021, 03:55 PM
  Soldier allegedly stabs DSS operative to death in Ekiti Edoman 0 825 06-06-2021, 06:54 PM