The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Thursday 17th September
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES, 

THURSDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER 2020. 

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

Say a quiet yes to God and he’ll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. 

The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious (James 4:8-9 MSG).

Ephesians 5:15-16 is an apt admonition for us especially in these last days. It says, “See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise. Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. ” 

The stakes are very high. You can’t live your life carelessly as a child of God. You belong to Jesus Christ; therefore, serve Him with your life. Live for Him.

The Bible says, “What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s” (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). God has a purpose for your life which you must fulfil. That’s the most important thing for you: discovering your purpose in Him and fulfilling it.

Life isn’t about your personal dreams, plans, aspirations or ambitions. The Bible says, “Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness” (2 Peter 3:11). It makes no difference what beautiful structures you see in this world or the earthly fulfilment of men; everything shall be destroyed.

It reminds of King Solomon who built God the most beautiful temple ever. It was greatly celebrated, and of course, God was happy with him and blessed him. But our God doesn’t live in temples made with hands. When they went into idolatry and began to serve Baal, the beautiful temple was destroyed; a resultant punishment for not walking in line with His Word.

God doesn’t care about earthly things. Everything you’ll ever have in this world came from something that was already here, and if that’s true, why don’t you live your life for the One who made all things originally? Serve Him with your life. Get serious, really serious with your service of the Lord.

PRAYER

I was born for the glory of God, to walk with Him and bring Him honour. He planned from the beginning that I should serve Him with my life, and walk worthy of Him, pleasing Him in all things, and fruitful in every good work. This is my passion, pursuit, and purpose every day, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

1 Peter 1:18-19; Ephesians 2:10 AMPC; 1 Corinthians 7:23

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Galatians 3:1-14 & Songs of Solomon 3-5

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 Timothy 3:8-16 & Jeremiah 35

#AFFIRMATIONTRAIN 

I affirm that I am rooted and established in the Word. I am confident in the ability of God’s Word to prevail and produce in me the fruit of what it says; therefore I speak the Word with boldness today, knowing that my prosperity is by the Word. 

I am like a tree by the streams, bearing fruits unto righteousness, because I live by the Word. I am an offspring of the Most High; possessor of heaven and
earth, the seed of Abraham, and an heir of the world. 

My prosperity is unlimited, for I was born with wealth untold. I lay up gold as dust, and the riches of the nations gravitate to me. Hallelujah! 

I am making progress and moving to the next and higher level of success. The Spirit of God is guiding me to make the right and necessary changes required for my next level of success and promotion in life. 

Through the Word, wisdom is granted me to function excellently, and I live a fruitful and effective life in righteousness. 

I go out today with joy and I am led forth with peace; I walk in victory and dominion over Satan, the cohorts of darkness, and the circumstances of life. 

I experience the power and supernatural grace of God today, as I make manifest the savour of the knowledge of Christ, in every place. Glory to God. Hallelujah!

God bless you

[Image: 159362285120_586x490_global_day_of_prayer2.jpg]
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY, 17TH SEPTEMBER, 2020.

TOPIC: BECOMING AN EXEMPLARY LEADER 1

MEMORISE
“And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for mortar.” - (Genesis 11:3)

READ: Genesis 11:1-4 (KJV)

1. And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

2. And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.

3. And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for mortar.

4. And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

“Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly...” - Genesis 11:3

Naturally, humans search for leaders and role models. For example, anyone who wants to become a great footballer would begin to study whoever is the greatest in the sport at that point in time. He would find out his diet, where and how long he practices and all there is to know about the fellow.

Unfortunately, few people have exemplary leadership qualities today. You can’t do things the usual way and expect people to follow. Innovate; you have to go beyond the ordinary to be called ‘extraordinary’.

No aspiring footballer will make a role model out of a striker who only scores goals occasionally. However, the one who scores hattricks regularly will be a leader to many. You must show results that are far greater than the norm.

In Genesis 11:3, the leaders of these people were innovators. While everyone else used stones to build, they decided to make bricks. While everyone else used mortar, they used slime. The leaders in this story asked the people to take up a seemingly impossible task of building a tower that would reach heaven, yet no one argued. They trusted that if these leaders could come up with innovations like bricks and slime, they could lead them to achieve their aim. So for the followers, it was not a question of whether the goal was achievable or not. They thought. “I must be part of this great feat.”

You shouldn’t plead for loyalty. People aren’t following because they cannot see anything special about your leadership. Some are even doubting if you can really achieve your goals.

To be a leader, always think outside the box. Don’t think in terms of limitations, think in terms of solutions. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you new ideas that can bring about major improvements and innovations.

ACTION POINT
You want to be an exemplary leader? Go beyond the ordinary always.

AUTHOR: Pastor E. A. Adeboye

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ezra 1 - 3

HYMNAL:
HYMN 30 - WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD

1. When we walk with the Lord,
In the light of His word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

CHORUS:
Trust and obey!
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey. 

2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt nor a fear,
Not a sigh nor a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.

3. Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief nor a loss,
Nor a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.

4. But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows
And the joy He bestows
Are for them who will trust and obey.

5. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we'll walk by His side in the way,
What He says we will do,
Where He sends we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.
*RESTORATION TODAY* 

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2020

*TOPIC: TRYING TIMES*

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me”. Psalms 23:4

*MESSAGE*
Every child of God surely experiences challenges or trying times in life. They may come in different forms, for example, trusting God for a partner when age seems not to be on your side, lack of peace in your family, your spouse being disinterested in continuing to be married to you because of one reason or the other, your children bringing you pain, trusting God for the fruit of the womb, and so on.  All these are like what David called ‘the valley of the shadow of death’ which confronts us. 

In reacting to these trying times, we must not FEAR. Fear is simply ‘False Evidence Appearing Real’ (F.E.A.R.). We need not fear because God is with us. His rod and staff comforts us. 

Lord Jesus has assured us that in this world even though we have tribulations, we should be of good cheer because He has overcome the world. Whatever you are passing true, all that is expected of you is to speak to the problem—speak to the mountain—because victory is sure. 

*ACTION POINT*
 ?️  Let your confession be positive. Apply living faith and not fear.

*SCRIPTURES*
Psalms 23; John 16:33; 1 Corinthians 10:13; RH 379

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord I refuse to be a prey in the battle field in Jesus name.

2. I am an overcomer in Jesus name.

3. Dear Lord, turn my tribulations to testimonies for me in Jesus name.

*THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR* 
1 Kings 9, Jer. 17, Phil. 2:12-30.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM