The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Thursday 27th August
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 

THURSDAY 27TH AUGUST.

GODLINESS WITH CONTENTMENT

[And it is indeed, a source of immense profit, for] godliness accompanied with contentment (that contentment which is a sense of inward sufficiency) is great and abundant gain (1 Timothy 6:6 AMPC).

The Bible defines contentment for us in our opening verse as “a sense of inward sufficiency”; then it says that “godliness accompanied with contentment is great and abundant gain.” Paul, by the Spirit, further writes, “For we brought nothing into the world, and obviously we cannot take anything out of the world; But if we have food and clothing, with these we shall be content (satisfied).

But those who crave to be rich fall into temptation and a snare and into many foolish (useless, godless) and hurtful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction and miserable perishing” (1 Timothy 6:7-9 AMPC).

This is the ordeal of those who struggle to be rich. But you shouldn’t get into that dilemma as a child of God, because being born again, you’ve entered into a life of contentment. You’ve ceased from your struggles and the glory of God now works within you.

The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 8:9, “For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.” And in Proverbs 10:22, it says, “The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.” This is your life as a child of God! God’s inherent blessing in your life is the basis for your riches.

Your prosperity is inherited through the Spirit, because you’re the seed of Abraham. In Christ, you have entered into God’s rest. You no longer worry over your rent and other bills. As Abraham’s seed, you’re ever aglow, full of praise and giving glory to God.

Function from a place of inward sufficiency, and operate from a vantage position of rest and satisfaction, irrespective of circumstances. No matter the situation, be full of joy; continue to praise, serve the Lord, and delight yourself in Him. He’ll create the opportunities for you to keep making progress from glory to glory.

CONFESSION

Dear Lord Jesus, I acknowledge you as the Lord of my life; you’re the Lord over my choices, desires, plans, and purposes. Always and at all times, I function from a place of inward sufficiency, and operate from a vantage position of rest and satisfaction, irrespective of circumstances. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY

Hebrews 4:10; 2 Corinthians 9:8 AMPC

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 Corinthians 11:2-34 & Psalms 142-145

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Colossians 3:12-25 & Jeremiah 13

#AFFIRMATIONTRAIN 

I affirm that the anointing of the Spirit of God is at work in me. I am powered and enabled by the Spirit on every side to do greater things.

Everywhere I go, and in everything that I put my hands to do; I am a success. Irrespective of what is happening around the world, I can’t think of failing! 

I can’t comprehend failure! I do not fail, FAIL! ME! NEVER!! I DON’T FAIL! It’s not consistent with my nature. I am a success!!!

The wisdom of God is at work in me mightily. I can’t think otherwise because the word of God has given me a mentality!

I have the mentality of a CHAMPION. Hallelujah! I am in God’s place for my life, and He has perfected all that concerns me! 

Even now, He is causing all things to work together for my good. By the reason of my fellowship and partnership with the Holy Spirit, 

He has made me a distributor of eternal verities to my world. No man or institution can place a limit on me because greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world.

Angels have been dispatched for my favour right now. The word of God is producing results for me, in every area of my life…even in my ministry as a soul winner! 

God’s blessings have overshadowed me… They have gone ahead of me to make every unpleasant path, unpleasant days to become pleasant. Glory to God!

God bless you

[Image: IMG_20200817_081621_084.jpg]
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

DATE: THURSDAY, 27TH AUGUST, 2020.

TOPIC: PREACH THE WHOLE TRUTH

MEMORISE
“But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.” - (1 Thessalonians 2:4)

READ: Acts 20:26-28 (KJV)

26. Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

27. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

28. Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

If someone claims to be telling you the truth, but you later find out he was hiding some details from you, you would feel he/she has lied to you. This is what Pastors do when they hide some truth from their members so as not to appear harsh. If the sheep that God has placed in your care get malnourished and die a spiritual death, their blood will be on your hands
“...He saith unto him, Feed my sheep…” - John 21:16

Many years ago, I was invited as the main speaker at a three-day crusade. On the third day, I told my host that since I had spent the first two days speaking about our Christian lives here on earth, I wanted to speak on restitution, to prepare the people for Heaven. He refused, saying You want to scatter the people you have already gathered? Then he asked me to speak on prosperity. Due to ministerial ethics, I had to oblige him, so I chose (3 John 1:2) as the anchor scripture: “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.” Thank God for the even as; I ended up talking about heaven.

In the Redeemed Christian Church of God, I have been speaking the whole truth to the people, even the very hard truths, yet the Church keeps growing. God will draw people to the place where He is sure they will hear the truth. It is okay to preach about prosperity, blessings and other things that being a Christian avails you, but you are a liar if you never preach about sanctification, holiness, restitution and so on. When Jesus was about to leave this earth, in John 17:12 He gave a report of the people He had been discipling, saying:
“Those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.”

When you are about to leave also, you will be required to give a report. What will your report be on that day?

KEY POINT
God's word needs no sugarcoating; preach it as it is.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Ezekiel 5 - 8

HYMN 30 - WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD

1. When we walk with the Lord,
In the light of His word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

CHORUS:
Trust and obey!
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey. 

2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt nor a fear,
Not a sigh nor a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.

3. Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief nor a loss,
Nor a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.

4. But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows
And the joy He bestows
Are for them who will trust and obey.

5. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we'll walk by His side in the way,
What He says we will do,
Where He sends we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.
SEEDS OF DESTINY

THURSDAY AUGUST 27, 2020

TOPIC: LIVING TO PLEASE GOD

SCRIPTURE: Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: You cannot live with God in eternity if you cannot live for Him on earth.
Yesterday, we saw that one of the things that constitute our readiness and preparedness for eternity with God in heaven is being born again.
Today, we shall look at yet another thing that constitutes readiness and preparedness for eternity with God in heaven.

It is living to please God with your life
You were created to give pleasure to God with your life, so you don’t live just to please yourself. You don’t live to please society, and you don’t live to please the devil; you live to please God, your Maker.

In Philippians 1:21, Paul the apostle said, For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain.
Concerning Jesus Christ, God says, “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” Matthew 3:17

This is also corroborated by Matthew 17:5 which says, While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Live to please God with your life.
Beloved, endeavour to answer the following questions objectively: Who is your life giving pleasure to, God, yourself or the devil? What you do with money, who is it giving pleasure to? 

Can God say that He is pleased with your life based on the way you are living? Can God say He is happy with you? Someone is happy with the way you dress or appear, who is that person, God or the devil?

Now, why is it necessary to live to please God? Revelations 4:11 says, Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

You are to exist to please God because you were created for His pleasure. So, you cannot say, “I can dress the way I please. I will live the way I want”. No! You don’t have the license to live the way you want.

If God created you for His pleasure and you don’t live in this world for His pleasure, how will you end in eternity? You cannot live with God in eternity if you don’t live for Him on the earth.

So, live to please God with your life, not the devil, society or yourself.
Remember this: You cannot live with God in eternity if you cannot live for Him on the earth.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Refuse to live for yourself, the devil, or society.
2. Make up your mind to live only for God.

PRAYER: O Lord, from today, I refuse to live for myself, the devil or society. I receive the grace to live for You only, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: LIVING WITH ETERNITY IN VIEW
QUOTE: And if there is anyone that is trusting God for success and breakthrough on earth, a major key to that is to be determined to give God pleasure. Culled from “WHO ARE YOU?” by Dr Paul Enenche.

DAILY READING: Ezekiel 7-9

AMAZING FACT: The chemical compound in the body which causes feelings of ecstasy (phenylethylamine) is also contained in chocolate.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: Receive the grace to please God with your life this day in Jesus’ Name.
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR THE CHAMPION

DATE: THURSDAY 27TH AUGUST, 2020

TOPIC: RE-OCCURRING BATTLES ARE YOUR LADDERS!

BASIC SCRIPTURES: (JEREMIAH 15:18; DANIEL 6:11-28)

Welcome to today’s devotional with the God that is more than enough! When an enemy that has surrendered like Pharaoh, suddenly begins to contend (fight, hate or pursue) with you again, then God is up to something incredible in your Favour!

There are some battles that reoccur even after your testimony has been given in church! Refuse to worry! In Jeremiah 15:18, the prophet Jeremiah asked a question that all have asked at one time or the other: “Why is my pain perpetual, and my wound incurable, which refuseth to be healed?

Wilt Thou be altogether unto me as a liar, and as waters that fail? However before we continue, I want you to see Psalm 78:66: “And He smote His enemies in the hinder parts: He put them to a perpetual reproach. Note: HINDER PARTS! Oh, God is good!

He smote His enemies (your enemies) from the back (hinder parts) – He took them unawares! He ambushed them! He sent them the arrow of divine surprise and perpetual reproach! God can allow stubborn enemies because He wants amazing testimonies from that stubborn and long battle!

When your battles seem to be without an end as in the case of Daniel (today’s 2nd scripture), who was bound by an evil irreversible decree, always dance because your God will stamp your haters with a badge called perpetual reproach! Isaiah 59:19 says: “…When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him There is nothing like an EVERLASTING BATTLE!

Always remember that when your battles are like a flood, there is a standard, A RED LINE it cannot cross! We gain strength by overcoming obstacles! John Maxwell said: “A difficult time can be more readily endured if we retain the conviction that our existence holds a purpose."

So you are going through what you are going through because of this. That perpetual battle is because GOD has a PURPOSE! Close with the popular Og Mandino; “I love the light for it shows me the light, but I love the dark more for it shows me the stars." Please hold on; no matter how dark it is every storm, there is a rainbow! I hear you shall be called “The Rainbow” generation! Get ready and trust God! Pray now!

This Saturday. August 29th, 2020 is Lagos (Ogudu) anointing service. Venue is 8-10 Omotayo Banwo Street, Ogudu Orioke, Lagos: Theme: “PHARAOH, LET MY PEOPLE GO”.

Come with faith, your anointing oil, your written prayer points, any point of contact and expectations. You can connect LIVE also via YOUTUBE (Manna TV international) or FACEBOOK: ourdailymannaonline. And Instagram: ourdailymanna_bishopchris

THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: (Jer: 23-25)

PRAYER POINTS: Take songs 2: What A Friend We Have In Jesus...

1. In your own words, pray about today’s devotional as it has touched you.
2. Oh Lord my God; turn every perpetual battle to my potential glory.
3. My Father, my father; use every stubborn enemy to be my glory writer and let their LAST BUS-STOP be called EVERLASTING REPROACH (Pray it for 2 days seriously)!
4. Lord God: turn me into the Rainbow generation in Jesus name.
5. Jehovah! Jehovah God; raise a stab dart against every perpetual battle.
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Thursday, August 27, 2020

TOPIC: UNRESTRICTED ACCESS TO OUR HEAVENLY FATHER (1)

Read Hebrews 10:19-25

MEMORISE: Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh (Hebrews 10:19-20)

EXPOSITION

It's not every kingly throne that can be boldly approached uninvited, and certainly, one must pass the test of some rules of palace etiquettes when privileged to do so. Right from the time that Adam and Eve banged 'no through road' sign on face of humanity, the question begging for an answer has been: 'How can we gain access to God?'

The Levitical law made provision for people to gain access through the blood of bulls and goats (Hebrews 10:4), for a certain time. Aaron had to spend hours preparing himself to meet God. But we can approach God anytime, what a privilege! 

When people gathered for sacrifice on the Day of Atonement, they were reminded of their sins and felt guilty all over again. Animal sacrifices could not take away sin, they provided only a temporary way to deal with sin. What they needed was forgiveness - the permanent, powerful, sin-destroying forgiveness we have from Christ. Once we have confessed a sin to Him, we need never think of it again. He has forgiven it, and it no longer exists.

What does this mean to us Christians? It means we have significant privileges with our new life in Christ: which are:

1. Personal access to God through Christ, with a pass permission without an elaborate system (Hebrews 10:22);
2. Growing in faith, overcoming doubts and questions, and deepening our relationship with God (Hebrews 10:23);
3. Enjoying encouragement from one another (Hebrews 10:24); and
4. Worshipping God together (Hebrews 10:25).

PRAYER POINTS

1. Thank the Lord for the privilege of a direct and unrestricted access you have to Him through Christ.
2. Pray that you will know Christ more and more and that your knowledge of Him will edify the believers around you.
3. Ask for the grace of God to avert dislocation from God and distraction/disconnection.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Psalms 78 - 79; Revelation 22

Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE

Remain blessed!
*RESTORATION TODAY* 

THURSDAY, AUGUST 27, 2020

*TOPIC: HOW GOD WORKS*

"And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.” Luke 5:5

*MESSAGE*
In the story in Luke 5:1-11, we see how Jesus gave an instruction to Simon after he finished using his boat as a preaching platform. Even though, the instruction did not seem to make any sense to Simon, but because he took Jesus at His Word and obeyed, he caught lots of fish and became a follower of Jesus. This story shows us three ways that God can work: 

1) God can use ordinary situations to do extraordinary things. While the disciples were in their normal workplace, Jesus showed up, called them, and changed their lives. So we need to be looking for God’s surprises in our ordinary daily routines. He meets us where we are, in what we think is mundane, and creates something amazing. 

2) God can move us out from the security of the shallow waters to the risks of the deep. The thing with fishing is that to get the best catch, the net has to be cast into deep waters. The greatest catches and the big storms are in the same sea. If we want to experience the catch, we’ll have to face the storms too. But Jesus promises to be with us in the storm.

3) God encourages us to stretch our faith. He called the disciples to something bigger than fishing; He called them to help in His mission to save people. And that was a pretty big call. When God tells us to do something that really stretches our faith to its limit, we have a choice. We can give in to doubt, or say, like Peter, “nevertheless at thy word I will do it.”

*ACTION POINT*
 ?️  How is God encouraging you to stretch your faith right now? Trust Him and obey.

*SCRIPTURES*
Luke 5:1-11; Hebrews 11:1-3; John 10:27

*PRAYER POINTS* 
1. Father, thank You for the opportunity to be in a relationship with You.

2. Lord, teach me to always obey You in Jesus’ name;

3. Lord, take me deeper in my trust in You in Jesus' name.

*THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR* 
2 Sam. 10-11, Hab. 2, Rom. 15:14-33

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM