The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Friday 21st August
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 

FRIDAY 21ST AUGUST.

THE “LITTLE CLOUD” MEANS SOMETHING

And it came to pass at the seventh time, that he said, Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man’s hand. And he said, Go up, say unto Ahab, Prepare thy chariot, and get thee down, that the rain stop thee not (1 Kings 18:44).

Oftentimes, many are too worried and overwhelmed by their problems and the circumstances of their lives to notice the blessings of God around them. The answer or miracle they need may already be in the little signs or details around them which they’re not discerning enough to observe.

But notice something different about the Prophet Elijah in our opening verse: After three and a half years of drought, he began praying to God for the heavens to open and bring forth rain. As he prayed, he sent out his servant several times to check if the rains were coming. Each time, the young man returned with a negative report, saying, “No, master, there’s no sign of rain outside."

At the seventh time, however, he came back saying, “I’m not sure if it counts for anything, but I see a ‘little cloud’ in the sky, the size of a man’s hand."

At this point, Elijah sprang to his feet and said, “Yes, that’s it!” and immediately sent a message to King Ahab: “Quick, get into your carriage and head for the city before the rain stops you!”

Elijah’s servant only reported that he saw a little cloud, but that was all Elijah needed; he knew he had made progress. He was able to observe something different in the present state of affairs. Can you observe something different in your life today? Like Elijah, choose to see that “sign” of change as an indication that you already have the victory.

Don’t wait; immediately affirm, and keep affirming that you’re victorious in Christ. Keep declaring your victory, confident that God’s Word and His life in you has made you whole and brought perfection to your physical body, your life and circumstances.

Recognize the work of God in and around you and give Him glory. Refuse to allow your mind to be clogged with worries so you can hear God’s voice and discern His presence, beauty and signs. Like Elijah, see that you’ve made, and are making progress and impact through the subtle signs in your everyday life.

PRAYER

Dear Father, my spiritual eyes are open to recognize your wondrous works, see your glory, revel in your beauty, discern your presence and the visible and invisible signs you display even in the minutest details for my attention. With this consciousness, I walk in victory and triumph in every situation and circumstance, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Zechariah 4:10; John 6:9-11 MSG

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:

1 Corinthians 6 & Psalms 119:1-112

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Colossians 1:9-18 & Jeremiah 6

#TALKINGSESSION 

Dear Father, I thank You for Your pulsating life that permeates my entire being, and with which I bless my world today. 

I’m conscious that I am loaded with the fullness of God. I have something to give; therefore I distribute the blessings of the Kingdom to those I come in contact with today. 

Hallelujah! I’m excited about my life in Christ. I’ve passed from death to life; from sin to righteousness; from sickness

to health; from poverty to wealth. I have the life and nature of God in me; I’ve put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

I am the temple of God and God’s Spirit lives in me, therefore, I am holy, as He is holy. By virtue of Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection, I’ve been declared righteous, justified, and sanctified unto God.

I live and walk daily in the nature of God that has
been imparted into my spirit. I and my Father are one! Whoever has seen me, have seen the Father. 

I am in charge, and my words are full of life! No unwholesome communication is allowed to proceed from my mouth. 

I speak only life-giving words that are consistent with Your plans and purposes for my life. I’m a burning and a shining light and many are coming to bask in the brightness of my light, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
[Image: IMG_20200806_221232_921.jpg]
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: FRIDAY, 21ST AUGUST, 2020.

TOPIC: TRUE TO YOUR CALLING?

MEMORISE
“But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.” - (1 Corinthians 12:11)

READ: 1 Corinthians 12:12-30 (KJV)

12. For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body; so also is Christ.

13. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14. For the body is not one member, but many.

15. If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16. And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17. If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18. But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19. And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20. But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21. And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee; nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22. Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary;

23. And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

24. For our comely parts have no need; but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

25. That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27. Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28. And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29. Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30. Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

There are many people in ministry today who are going off track because they are operating in areas wherein they were not called. Some, out of personal ambition, are operating in callings that are not theirs while others are innocently operating in the wrong callings out of concern. Having a burden about something or seeing a need does not automatically translate to a calling.

“And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.” – (2 Timothy 2:5)

According to the above Bible verse, anyone who does things outside the will of the Master will be disqualified. Everyone who God has called is scored by Him. If what you are doing is outside Gods calling for your life, no matter how good you are in that calling or ministry, it is regarded as irrelevant.

Paul was greatly burdened by how the Jews were walking outside the will of God. He kept preaching to them, yet they kept persecuting him. The greatest persecutions he got were from Jews because God was trying to point him in the direction of his main calling - the Gentiles first, then to kings and then to the children of Israel (Acts 9:15). Had he not been so persecuted by the Jews, he would not have been able to take the gospel to as many gentiles as he did. Thank God that in Acts 18:5-6, he finally decided to leave the Jews and go to the gentiles to whom he was primarily sent.

God calls people for a reason and if everyone were to leave their calling to attend to someone else’s, there would be trouble. Imagine someone who is called to cause a great evangelical revival being so burdened about leadership in the nation that he distracts himself by contesting elections. Imagine what would happen if the one who is to find the cure to incurable diseases were to become so burdened about the economy that he gets a job in the Ministry of Finance. You need to identify your calling through the guidance of the Holy Spirit and stay in it so as to fulfil your destiny and more importantly, for the world to be a better place.

REFLECTION
Are you true to the calling of God upon your life?

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Jeremiah 46 - 48

HYMN 5 - DEEPER, DEEPER IN THE LOVE OF JESUS

1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.

CHORUS:
O deeper yet I pray,
And higher ev'ry day,
And wiser, blessed, Lord,
In Thy precious, holy word.

2. Deeper, deeper! blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus
And His perfect will.

3. Deeper, deeper! tho' it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.

4. Deeper, higher ev'ry day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu'ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
Seeds Of Destiny

A Daily Devotional Guide

By: Dr Pastor Paul Enenche

Friday, 21st August 2020

TOPIC: CAUTION FOR THE LAST DAYS

Beloved, your prophet determines your profit; and your pastor affects your future. Who pastors you affects where you will end in life. Remain under your God-ordained spiritual cover.

SCRIPTURE: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Hebrews 10:25.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Remain under your God-ordained spiritual cover. Do not run up and down because not all that glitters is gold!

Yesterday, we identified three counsels for the end time. We saw that to escape the traps of the end time, we must refuse to be victims of the season, we must watch over our lives and live ready always.

Today, we shall look at some cautions for the last days.

1. Forsake not the assembling together of the brethren (Hebrews 10:25).

Do not forsake the gathering together of the saints in church in these last days. The church is your “Ark of Safety”. People that were not drowned by the flood of Noah entered the ark (Genesis 7:7). In the same manner, anyone who will not be drowned in the floods of disaster in this end time must enter the Ark of God’s safety which is the church, the House of the Lord. So, don’t let any business or commitment take you away from church this season. Don’t be too busy to attend church services.

2. Remain under your God-ordained spiritual cover.
Find out who your pastor is, and stay under such pastoral and spiritual cover (Ephesians 4:11-14).

God brought me in contact with my spiritual cover in the person of His servant, Bishop Oyedepo more than twenty-five years ago and I have not shifted since then. There are people who shift from following their mentor almost every season but I have refused to shift.

Beloved, your prophet determines your profit; and your pastor affects your future. Who pastors you affects where you will end in life. Remain under your God-ordained spiritual cover. Do not run up and down because not all that glitters is gold!
3. Maintain a personal altar of relationship with God (Romans 8:14).

It is good to be blessed by congregational anointing but it is very critical to maintain a personal altar of relationship with God.

You should be so spiritually mature that when you find yourself in a place where you are not expected to be, the Holy Ghost can tell you, “This is not the right place. Leave this place”.

You should be able to see the manifestation of the things of the end time as you maintain fire on your altar.

4. Be a person of conviction (Exodus 23:2)
Be a person of conviction and not a person of consensus. Refuse to be a person who does things because it is popular or because everyone is doing it. Refuse to be a victim of societal influence. 

Even though everyone is dressing naked, collecting bribe, telling lies, and living lawlessly, don’t join them. Be a person of conviction.

Many people have been destroyed because they don’t have the mind of their own. They live their lives based on what other people think, say or do. But you must make up your mind to be a person of conviction to survive the last days.

Remember this: Remain under your God-ordained spiritual cover. Do not run up and down because not all that glitters is gold!

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Make up your mind not to miss the assembly of the saints in church.
2. Maintain fire on your personal altar.
3. Remain under your God-ordained prophetic cover.
4. Be a person of conviction.

PRAYER: Thank You Lord for Your Word for me today. I receive the grace to be in the assembly of the saints, maintain the fire on my personal altar and remain a person of conviction, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: CAUTION FOR THE LAST DAYS
QUOTE: The prophet exists, among other reasons, for the preservation of the people. Culled from
“15 KINGDOM STRATEGIES FOR SURVIVAL” by Dr Paul Enenche.

DAILY READING: Jeremiah 46-48

AMAZING FACT: Fingernails grow about four times faster than your toenails.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: Receive grace for faithfulness and stability in doing the right thing in Jesus’ Name.
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL

A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS

DATE: FRIDAY 21ST AUGUST, 2020

TOPIC: MY VASHTI MUST EXPIRE!

BASIC SCRIPTURE: ESTHER 2:1-8

Welcome! Indeed, the Holy Ghost wants you to know that YOU DONT KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT TOMORROW! So, why WORRY about HOW what He has spoken about you will come to pass? 

I am sure Esther NEVER Imagined that after the death of her parents, she would be THE QUEEN of the greatest EMPIRE on earth, at that time. This was even more unbelievable because THERE WAS A QUEEN (VASHTI) on the throne!

Vs 1 of today’s scripture says. “After these things, when the wrath of king Ahasuerus was appeased, he remembered VASHTI and what she had done, and what was decreed against her.” Today’s, devotional emphasis is on the Phrase: “HE REMEMBERED VASHTI.” Who was vashti? Vashti was the queen of Shushan, the wife of king Ahasuerus, Vashti turned down the kings order to appear and dance before the king and his guests and give the king honour and pleasure. Wow! 

Anyway, VASHTI denied the king of his honour and pleasure as such, did not honour the kings invitation. Why did vashti not show up before the king? BECAUSE HER TIME HAD EXPIRED and ESTHERS TIME WAS TO BEGIN! Ah!

Listen: Anybody sitting on your throne will make a mistake that will make them EXPIRE very soon! Yes! Her season to be queen was over according to divine timing, but she was still occupying the throne. As far as God was concerned that throne now belonged to ESTHER! Ah! 

Her turning down the king was a DIVINE MISTAKE to make her exit from her throne. So the king was angry and “HE REMEMBERED VASHTI, AND WHAT SHE HAD DONE, and what was decreed against her.” I decree DIVINE REMEMBRANCE against destiny killers and wasters!

Yes, in this 14-days fasting programme and beyond, God will remember your haters, mockers and powers blocking your access to your elevation! When God remembers you, He also remembers your Vashti and when God remembers your Vashti, He DEMOTES her and ELEVATES you! Oh! Rise up and pray now!
For Tithe, Offering, Charity, and Donations: use the accounts below.
*ACCESS BANK: 1397233185. ACC NAME: MOUNTAIN MANNA ODM.* GTB: 0589903584. ACC NAME: MANNA OURDAILY.
*JOIN THE MANNA AIR BRIGADE (MANNA TV PARTNERS)!* Sow your SEED as led into any accounts here.

Send SMS/WhatsApp +234-704-0382800 or E-mail: ourdailymannainfor@gmail.com, after sowing. Be blessed in Jesus name. Amen.
*WORLD REMIT:*
*ACCOUNTS ADDRESS:*

LAGOS NG, Beneficiary account: 1397233185
Account name: MOUNTAIN MANNA ODM. For info WhatsApp: +2347040382800 or Email: ourdailymannainfor@gmail.com

PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 1: Christian Seek Not Yet Repose...

1. Thank you Lord for today’s word and pray as led.
2. No Vashti shall take my place! I shall not be replaced! I shall not loose my glory and elevation crown this year in Jesus name!
3. O Lord, remember me and vindicate my destiny today in Jesus name.
4. Today, I DETHRONE every Vashti occupying my throne in Jesus name.
5. You powers blocking my access to my elevation this year, dry up by fire.
6. O God, let Vashti make a costly mistake she will not recover from this year.

THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: JEREMIAH 1-3
BY: BISHOP DR. CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)
PUBLISHER/WRITER
LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Friday, August 21, 2020.

WHY DO PEOPLE ABANDON GOD?

Read: 2 Chronicles 12:1-16

2 Chronicles 12:1-16 When Rehoboam had established the kingdom and had strengthened himself, he forsook the law of the Lord, and all Israel with him.

And in the fifth year of King Rehoboam, because they had transgressed and been unfaithful to the Lord, Shishak king of Egypt came up against Jerusalem

With 1,200 chariots and 60,000 horsemen, and the people were without number who came with him from Egypt—the Libyans, Sukkiim, and Ethiopians.
And he took the fortified cities of Judah and came on to Jerusalem.

Then Shemaiah the prophet came to Rehoboam and the princes of Judah who had gathered at Jerusalem because of Shishak, and said to them, Thus says the Lord: You have forsaken Me, so I have abandoned you into the hands of Shishak.
Then the princes of Israel and the king humbled themselves and said, The Lord is righteous.

And when the Lord saw that they humbled themselves, the word of the Lord came to Shemaiah, saying, They have humbled themselves, so I will not destroy them, but I will grant them some deliverance; and My wrath shall not be poured out upon Jerusalem by the hand of Shishak.

Nevertheless, they shall be his servants, that they may know [the difference between] My service and the service of the kingdoms of the countries.
So Shishak king of Egypt came up against Jerusalem; he took away the treasures of the house of the Lord and of the king’s house. He took everything. He took away also the shields of gold Solomon had made.

Instead of them King Rehoboam made shields of bronze and committed them to the hands of the officers of the guard who kept the door of the king’s house.

And whenever the king entered the Lord’s house, the guards came and got the shields of bronze and brought them again into the guard chamber.
When Rehoboam humbled himself, the wrath of the Lord turned from him, so as not to destroy him entirely; also in Judah conditions were good.

So King Rehoboam established and strengthened himself in Jerusalem and reigned. Rehoboam was forty-one years old when he began to reign, and he reigned seventeen years in Jerusalem, the city in which the Lord had chosen out of all the tribes of Israel to put His Name [and the symbol of His presence]. His mother was Naamah an Ammonitess.

And he did evil because he did not set his heart to seek (inquire of, yearn for) the Lord with all his desire.

Now the acts of Rehoboam, from first to last, are they not written in the histories of Shemaiah the prophet and of Iddo the seer regarding genealogies? There were wars between Rehoboam of Judah and Jeroboam of Israel continually.
And Rehoboam slept with his fathers and was buried in the City of David; and Abijah his son reigned in his stead.

MEMORISE: When Rehoboam had established the kingdom and had strengthened himself, he forsook the law of the Lord, and all Israel with him. (2 Chronicles 12:1)

EXPOSITION

How can people, once they are aware of God, even consider abandoning Him? What led to Rehoboam, son of Solomon to abandon God during his reign? While the writer of king also reports the attack of Shishak on Jerusalem, the Chronicler alone adds the reason for the invasion was because of forsaking the command of God (vv. 1-2,5). There were three possible reasons why Rehoboam abandoned God:

1. Prosperity: In his days of adversity, Rehoboam obeyed the Lord. When he was warned not to go to fight against his fellow Israelites, because to do so, would be equal to fighting against God's will, the Bible says that he and his people obeyed the Lord (2 Chro. 11:4). 

Afterwards, his obedience was rewarded, because, the only two tribes he was left with — Judah and Benjamin, were blessed by the Lord. The principle is that, the you walk in obedience, the Lord propers you. 

That is, obedience brings prosperity. This is not limited to a financial prosperity; I know people who are financially buoyant, but are paupers in other areas of life. Gradually, he became uncontrollable and unmanageable to God.

2. Power: Prosperity and power go together. Because God prospered Rehoboam, militarily he became powerful. He built up defences in several towns and cities, including Bethlehem, Etam, Tekoa, Beth Zur, Soco, Adullam, Gath, Mareshah, Ziph, Adoraim, Lachish, Azekah, Zorah, Aijalon, and Hebron. (2 Ch 11:5ff).

3. Popularity: Because Rehoboam prospered, his prosperity attained him power. Because he was powerful, obviously he became popular among people, both internally and internationally. Sadly, at the height of his popularity and power, the king abandoned the Lord! (2 Chr. 12:2,5) Abandonment is a direct opposite of “seeking the Lord” (2 Chr. 12:14). 

Often, it is more difficult to be a believer in good times than in bad one. Tough, times push us toward God; but easy times can makes us feel self-sufficient and self-satisfied.

4. Check your life: How was it when you newly got converted? Now that you have ‘arrived’ and recorded some feats, who is God to you. Check yourself (Prov. 30:8,9; Gal. 1:6)

PRAYER POINTS

1. Give God praise for all the blessing He has graciously brought into your life.
2. Pray against the Spirit that abandon God.
3. Confess that in season and out of season, by God's grace you will never forsake Him.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Psalms 57:61; Revelation 15-16
*RESTORATION TODAY* 

FRIDAY, AUGUST 21, 2020

*TOPIC: WHEN YOU PASS THROUGH THE FIRE*

"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.” Isaiah 43:2

*MESSAGE*
God often uses our circumstance to change us before He changes the circumstance. He has promised to help us when we are facing troubles, but He wants to do more than just get us out of the situation. He wants to use the situation to make us more like Christ and to help us fully discover our God-given potential. 

Have you ever noticed how often the word ‘through’ is used in Scripture? To get to the Promised Land, Israel had to go ‘through’ the Red Sea, ‘through’ the wilderness, and ‘through’ the Jordan River. In Psalm 84:6-7 and Isaiah 43:2, we are reminded that sometimes we will have to go ‘through’ uncomfortable seasons. There are some situations we can’t avoid happening, we just have to go through them.

These verses also suggest that God will not only be with us as we go through, but that we will make it to the other side and something good will come from it. In Psalm 66:12, the psalmist says: ‘...we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.’ Having to go through these things is hard, but we know God will never leave us and will bring us into better places in His own time. 

So we can trust God; He knows what He is doing. And when we get through what we are experiencing, we will look back and thank Him for the things He has taught us and the places He has led us to.

*ACTION POINT*
 ?️  Think of a time when you went through a bad situation. Thank God for bringing you ‘through’ it and for how you grew because of it.

*SCRIPTURES*
Psalm 66:12; 84:6-7; Isaiah 43:2

*PRAYER POINTS* 
1. Father, thank You for being the director of my life's journey.

2. O Lord help me to grow in my trust in You in Jesus’ name;

3. Father, help me to always feel Your presence when I am going through tough times in Jesus’ name.

*THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR* 
2 Sam. 2, Micah 4:9-5:1-15, Rom. 11:1-15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM