The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Friday 7th August
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

FRIDAY 7TH AUGUST.

SPEAKING WISDOM

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory (1Corinthians 2:7).
Our opening verse says we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery; what is it to speak wisdom? 

Reading 1 Corinthians 2:12-13 gives us an idea. It says, “Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit, which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.”

Notice the underlined portion; it didn’t say, “Which things also we speak of”; rather, it says we speak them. We read something similar in verse 6; it says, “Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect….” We don’t talk about wisdom; we speak wisdom, and wisdom is the Word of God. 

Speaking wisdom is speaking the Word. For example, Colossians 1:27 says, “...Christ in you, the hope of glory.” When you, on the basis of that scripture affirm, “I’ll forever be a victor; my life is the expression of the glory and dominion of Christ,”
Notice the underlined portion; it didn’t say, “Which things also we speak of”; rather, it says we speak them. We read something similar in verse 6; it says, “Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect….” We don’t talk about wisdom; we speak wisdom, and wisdom is the Word of God. 

Speaking wisdom is speaking the Word.
For example, Colossians 1:27 says, “...Christ in you, the hope of glory.” When you, on the basis of that scripture affirm, “I’ll forever be a victor; my life is the expression of the glory and dominion of Christ,” you’re speaking wisdom.

When you declare, “I have no lack or want because I’m an heir of God and joint-heir with Christ; the whole world is mine”; you’re speaking the wisdom of God. You’re speaking wisdom, when, irrespective of the symptom you may be feeling, you say, “The life of God is activated in every fibre of my being; I’m full of life.”

There’re those who may consider you to be out of wits for speaking the wisdom of God; that’s because the wisdom of God is foolishness to the natural man. 1 Corinthians 2:14 declares, “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

Speak the wisdom of God always, and your life will glorify God. Declare your oneness with the Lord. Declare your righteousness, health, dominion, and glory in Christ Jesus. Glory to God!

CONFESSION

The wisdom of God is in my heart and in my mouth always. I have a great life. I acknowledge and declare that I’m excellent and full of glory, living the life of righteousness, dominion and glory in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY

1 Corinthians 2:12-13 AMPC; Proverbs 18:21; Mark 11:23

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Romans 9:30-10:1-21 & Psalms 78

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Ephesians 6:21-24 & Isaiah 58

TALKINGSESSION 

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

[/url]

[url=https://bit.ly/2WyzdPr]Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your Word that has come to me today. I’m walking in an intimate fellowship with the Holy Spirit, and He enlightens the eyes of my understanding to comprehend my next level of glory in God. I receive His unique impartation today and ascend higher in everything I’m involved with. Thank You for making me the expression of Your grace and righteousness.

I have the nature of Christ; therefore, as I continue to behold Your glory in Your Word, I make progress from glory to glory. 

Thank You for the presence of Your Spirit on earth, and His greater move in the lives of many around the world today. 

Indeed, Your glory fills the whole earth; Your power is touching lives all around the world, and Your righteousness is revealed, more than ever, in expectation of our Lord’s soon return. 

Hallelujah. I declare that the righteousness of God, eternal life, and immortality are unveiled to men and women around the world today, as they receive the Gospel.

I break the power of Satan over men’s lives and affirm that the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ shines in their hearts, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: FRIDAY, 7TH AUGUST, 2020.

TOPIC: PLAY YOUR PART

MEMORISE
“And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.” - (Genesis 6:7)

READ: Matthew 25:1-12 (KJV)

1. Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3. They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them;

4. But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5. While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9. But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you; but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage; and the door was shut.

11. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

As Christians, we have a great inheritance. God told Abraham that in blessing, He would bless him and since we are children of Abraham, his blessings are ours. However, the Almighty God who deploys these blessings is holy and very hardworking. Hebrews 11:6 says it is the diligent that God will reward. Thus, if you want to enjoy any reward from God, you must say goodbye to laziness, and indolent people. 

In Proverbs 13:20, the Bible says: “He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.”

Stop being slothful; drop your lazy friends. Spend every minute productively. Stop spending countless hours on social media, just lazing around. The extent to which you will fulfil destiny depends on the quantum of effort you are willing to put in. The brightness of any fire is determined by the fuel applied. (1 Corinthians 15:41) tells us:
“There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.”

You cannot just keep singing Abrahams blessings are mine; you must be ready to put in the work. Jesus, during His earthly ministry worked so hard that, one day, in the middle of a storm, He fell asleep. The testimony about His work ethic is thus:
“But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.” – John 5:17

Even though God had said, many years before I joined, that the RCCG is a covenant church that would have parishes all over the world, I as the General Overseer still work very hard for this prophecy to be fulfilled. Whatever God is involved in involves hard work because He cannot work with lazy people (Amos 3:3).

KEY POINT
God's plan for you can only be fulfilled with your cooperation.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Jeremiah 4 - 6

HYMN 19 - MY HOPE IS BUILT ON NOTHING LESS

1. My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus name.

CHORUS:
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

2. When darkness seems to veil His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

3. His oath, His covenant, and blood,
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
Seeds Of Destiny

A Daily Devotional Guide

By: Dr Pastor Paul Enenche

Friday, 7th August 2020

TOPIC: THE QUEST FOR PLEASURE – A SIGN OF THE END TIME

SCRIPTURE: For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark.

Matthew 24:38

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Beware of the strategies of satan to make people engage in the pleasures of this world and end in hell.

Our anchor Scripture makes it clear that a major sign of the end time is existence in pleasure.
In the end time, people will exist just for fleshly pleasure; they will eat and drink only for pleasure. The flesh will become the god of many people. People will live just for the sole purpose of gratifying the flesh.

It is important to know that what people call “secular humanism” is nothing but man being a god to himself, and living solely for himself. So, in the end time, the sins of the flesh will multiply; the devil will give people abundance of flesh-gratifying agenda to fulfil.

In the last days, the devil will orchestrate everything to make sure that people are busy with the flesh. He engages people in the abundance of internet games, video games, social media distractions, etc. just to keep them occupied with the flesh at the expense of their spirituality and their souls.

Today, luxurious objects of pleasure are everywhere just for the sake of fleshly gratification. For example, before you talk of the 2020 Model of an automobile, the 2021 Model is ready. 

I even heard that many automobile companies have already designed up to 2060 Model and are only waiting for them to be released at the right time.

Today, many young girls are into prostitution because they want to look fine, have expensive shoes and dresses, and have the latest mobile phone, preferably the iPhone. 

They move about with vanities all over their body in the form of seductive dressings and outlandish accessories and makeups. They put five rings in one finger, five ear rings in one ear and wear nose rings, anklets, etc. They pierce their tongue and other unlikely body parts, all in the name of self-pleasure.

Now, what is the reason behind the scourge of kidnapping that we see today? Why do people steal money just to drink alcohol, take cocaine, buy cars, houses etc.? What about ritual killing, armed robbery, hired assassination, etc.? Why do people sit in government offices and embezzle public fund? The reason is self-gratification, self-pleasure and vanity.

The craving for self-pleasure is the root of many vices. It is for the sake of self-pleasure that people engage in dirty competition. 

They buy houses abroad because their friends have houses abroad. They want to travel to London because their colleagues have been to Paris. The question is: if you have one hundred houses, how many of those houses will you sleep in, in one night? And when you die, how many houses will be buried along with you? These are the questions to ponder on.

Beloved, beware of the vanities of the flesh. Beware of the strategies of satan to make people engage in the pleasures of this world and end in hell.

Remember this: Beware of the strategies of satan to make people engage in the pleasures of this world and end in hell.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Refuse to exist just for fleshly pleasure.
2. Refuse to be drawn into fleshly competition with anyone.
3. Endeavour to live in the Spirit always.

PRAYER: O Lord, deliver me from the carnal pleasure of this end time. Help me to follow You diligently in holiness, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: SIGNS OF THE END TIME– AS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH.

QUOTE: What are the controlling desires of your life? What do you desire above every other thing in life? What drives you? Is it God, worldly pleasure or self? Culled from “21 FOOLISH THINGS PEOPLE DO” by Dr Paul Enenche.

DAILY READING: Jeremiah 4-6

AMAZING FACT: Animal behaviourists have concluded that cats don't meow as a way to communicate with each other. It's a method they use for getting attention from humans.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: Grace to overcome fleshly pleasures is released for you right now in Jesus’ Name.
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL

A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS

DATE: FRIDAY 7TH AUGUST, 2020

TOPIC: A COMPROMISING ARMY IS A DEFEATED ARMY!

BASIC SCRIPTURES: 1JOHN 2:1-11; REVELATION 2:12-16

The United Methodist Church is reported to be the 3rd largest religious denomination in the United States. Now, the church is ready to split into more than one denomination due to GAY MARRIAGE CONTROVERSY! 

The United Methodist Church is the largest mainline Pentecostal denomination and among the only remaining one of such churches that still do not perform gay marriages. 

The church has fought bitterly about LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) inclusion for years and leaders often feared that the fight would lead to division! But in early January 2020, some leaders of the church announced that they had agree to abandon a “traditionalist Methodist” denomination which would continue to oppose gay marriage as well as the ordination of LGBT clergy.

The church will now allow those who would not follow the “traditional Methodist” denomination to go ahead with same sex marriage and LGBT Clergy! Oh, my God! Strange you would say, but never forget that one of the greatest strategies of Satan is for us to have a compromising church. He knows that a compromising church is a defeated church! 

The Bible gives us an example in Revelation 2 of such a church: it was THE CHURCH AT PERGAMOS! Located in Pergamum, the capital of the former Asia Minor, know for its idol worship, Pergamum housed the ALTAR OF ZEUS and was the center of Caesar worship. Sexual immorality, open wickedness, coldness to God, Idolatry, etc, were commonplace. 

The sin of Pergamum was in its COMPROMISE AND TOLERANCE of evil.

The great British preacher, Campbell Morgan penned: “It is a remarkable thing that the church of Christ persecuted has been the church of Christ pure. On the other hand, the church of Christ patronized has been the church of Christ impure.” Did you get that? 

Refuse to PATRONIZE THE WORLD! Refuse to sit ON THE FENCE! I call it, FENCE CHRISTIANITY! It’s also called THE LUKEWARM GENERATION! Most people are like that today: They go to church, they certainly want to go to heaven, but they still want to live in sin. ERROR! See 1John 2:6 – “He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.” That should be your cry – different in conduct from this evil generation! Pray now!

TOMORROW IS U.K. Tele-Conference ANOINTING SERVICE. Theme is: “DEALING WITH THE PHARAOHS OF YOUR DESTINY.” Call: +44(0) 330-998-1254 ACCESS CODE IS: 809720# Time: 8am U.K. time.

I Bishop Dr. Chris will be on the line to MINISTER! Other nations can call in too! PHARAOH MUST DROWN! THAT “RED SEA” WILL DIVIDE AGAIN! It will be awesome! Spread the news! 

NIGERIA/International seed sowing account:
*ACCOUNTS ADDRESS:*
LAGOS NG, Beneficiary
Bank Name: Access.
Account: 1397233185
Account name: Mountain Manna ODM.

GTB ACC: 0589903584.
Acc Name: MANNA OURDAILY.
THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: ISAIAH 25-27

PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 1: Christian Seek Not Yet Repose…
1. In your own words, pray on today’s word as led now.
2. Repent from PLEASING THE WORLD! Repent from PATRONIZING THE WORLD. Repent from ACTING, dressing, speaking or doing ANYTHING like the world.
3. Lord, help me not to COMPROMISE! Let men see me and say: “This is a child of God, He/she is different!”
4. I refuse to LOVE the world or the things of the world.
5. Holy Ghost, REVIVE ME again! Set me on a NEW FIRE!
6. Pray about today as led now.

BY: BISHOP DR. CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)
PUBLISHER/WRITER

Hymn 1: Christian Seek Not Yet Repose...
1. Christian, seek not yet repose,
Hear thy gracious Saviour say;
Thou art in the midst of foes:
Watch and pray.

2. Principalities and powers,
Mustering their unseen array,
Wait for thy unguarded hours:
Watch and pray.

3. Gird thy heavenly armor on,
Wear it ever night and day;
Ambushed lies the evil one:
Watch and pray.

4. Hear the Victors who o’ercame,
Still they mark each warrior’s way;
All with one sweet voice exclaim,
Watch and pray.

5. Hear, above all, hear Thy Lord,
Him thou lovest to obey;
Hide within thy heart His word:
Watch and pray.

6. Watch, as if on that alone
Hung the issue of the day;
Pray, that help may be sent down:
Watch and pray.
THE LIVING WATER

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Friday, August 7, 2020.

TOPIC: AMAZING TRUTH ABOUT PRAYER (1)
Read 1 Kings 17:1-7

1 And Elijah the Tishbite, of the inhabitants of Gilead, said to Ahab, “ As the LORD God of Israel lives, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, except at my word.”
2 Then the word of the LORD came to him, saying,
3 “Get away from here and turn eastward, and hide by the Brook Cherith, which flows into the Jordan.
4 And it will be that you shall drink from the brook, and I have commanded the ravens to feed you there.”
5 So he went and did according to the word of the LORD, for he went and stayed by the Brook Cherith, which flows into the Jordan.
6 The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning, and bread and meat in the evening; and he drank from the brook.
7 And it happened after a while that the brook dried up, because there had been no rain in the land.

MEMORISE:

Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months (James 5:17)

EXPOSITION

Stella's husband termed her a bad communicator. Whenever the couple were having soul-to-soul discussion, the wife was fond of dominating the session. She shared her own views and wouldn't be attentive enough to hear her husband out. Does that describe your prayer style - praying without feedbacks?

Prayer is an act of communicating with God. Genuine prayer is a two-way communication line. When we talk, God hears and talks back to us, and we are expected to hear Him, too. Many are not attentive enough to get feedback from God. 

No wonder they are not getting results. Not all prayers bring results in form of a gift bag. Answer to some prayers come in form of instruction, guidance, direction from God on what you are to do. In the process of God talking to us, we must learn to listen. In most cases, God does not just talk to us, but also acts on our prayers. Hence, we should be sensitive to God's responses to our prayers.

Some of the below listed points would definitely help your prayer life:

∆ Prayer makes your utterance as potent as God's spoken words.
∆ Prayer is the medium by which man transmits the power of God to reach the earth.
∆ Prayer is the heart of a man talking to God.
∆ Prayer is the most powerful form of energy one can generate to counter any force that wants to stop one.
∆ The place of prayer is a depot of miraculous activities.
∆ Prayer changes things.
Think on what you righteously desire to make happen, pray about it, today, and watch God turning your prayer item to a testimony.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Oh Lord, whenever I call, hear me and give me speedy answers to my prayers, in Jesus' name.
2. Give me, O Lord, the heart that obeys You and talks to, and with You in Prayers.
3. Father, restore in our Church leaders and members, the spirit of genuine commitment to prayer as of old, to facilitate true and lasting revival in the churches.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:
Job 41 - 42; Psalms 1; 2 John 1.
Author: CAC WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!
*MORNING TEA☕*

*FRIDAY 7 AUGUST 2020?*

*HAVE A “NO EXCUSES” MENTALITY⚓️* 

*TODAY’S SCRIPTURE?*  
“Don’t seek vengeance. Don’t bear a grudge; but love your neighbor as yourself, for *I am JEHOVAH*.” 
_*(Leviticus 19:18, TLB)*_

_*Leviticus 19:18 KJV*_
Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: *I am the LORD*.

*TODAY’S WORD?*
In the Scripture, Joseph was betrayed and sold into slavery by his own brothers, then falsely accused and put in prison. He could have used excuse after excuse to be bitter and angry, but he had a “no excuses” mentality. He kept doing the right thing when the wrong thing was happening. And in the end, he came out vindicated, promoted, and in a place of influence and respect.

People may have said things about you and done things to you that hurt and offended. Don’t waste your time looking back, nursing your wounds. Reliving what they did, thinking about what didn’t work out are distractions. Let it go and GOD will be your vindicator. Life is too short for you to waste another day in self-pity. It’s not always easy to get over it and move forward, but here’s the key: the pain of letting it go is less than the pain of holding on and missing your destiny.

*A PRAYER FOR TODAY??*  
“Father, thank You that You are the GOD who fights my battles and vindicates me. Thank You for Your love and grace that are mine. Right now I let go of the hurts, offenses, and wounds of the past. I declare that they have no power over me. In *JESUS*’ Name, Amen.” I’m
*RESTORATION TODAY* 

FRIDAY, AUGUST 7, 2020

*TOPIC: THE NAMES OF GOD (6)*

_"It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The Lord is there.” Ezekiel 48:35_

*MESSAGE*
*5. Jehovah-Shammah: The Lord Is There*
During Israel’s twenty-fifth year of captivity, Ezekiel the prophet received this name from God. God described Israel’s future home, Jerusalem, saying, ‘the name of the city from that day shall be, The Lord is there.’ Being there wasn’t just something the God of the Old Testament promised, but what Jesus promised too. His name, ‘Immanuel,’ like ‘Jehovah-Shammah’, means, ‘God with us’ (Isaiah 7:14). And it means that God is available and present at all times, in all places, under all circumstances, for all of us. 

David understood this. He said that he can never escape from God’s Spirit! If he should go up to heaven or down to the grave, God is there. He is everywhere. (Psalm 139:7-10). In Israel’s deepest despair, God’s response was, ‘I am with you.’ Those words guaranteed that their needs would always be met. And today God is saying the same to us. He is always with us and nothing can separate us from His love (Romans 8:38-39). Fear, loneliness, and helplessness all disappear when we realise that we’re always in God’s presence. Even when we feel like we’re alone, the truth is that God is always with us. Believe His promise today: “Never will I leave you; nor forsake you”’ (Hebrews 13:5).

*ACTION POINT*
 ?️ Memorise Hebrews 13:5

*SCRIPTURES* 
Hebrews 13:5; Romans 8:35-39; Psalm 139:7-10

*PRAYER POINTS* 
1. Lord, thank You for Your abiding presence always.

2. Father, help me to always acknowledge that You are with me in the name of Jesus

3. God, make me a channel through which Your presence is spread to others in the name of Jesus

*THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR* 
1 Sam. 14, Isa. 52:13-53:1-12, Rom. 1:1-16

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM