The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senator Kalu Replies Akpabio Over NDDC Contract
Senator Kalu replies Akpabio, says NDDC has not paid contractors of roads he facilitated

Chief Whip of the Senate and former Governor of Abia State, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu on Monday said the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) has not paid any dime to the contractors who built the roads he facilitated.

Kalu was reacting to the communique written by Senator Godswill Akpabio, Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, where he reportedly mentioned ex governors Emmanuel Uduaghan, James Ibori , Senator Ifeanyi Ararume , Senator Orji Uzor Kalu and others to the several contracts allotted by the NDDC

In a statement signed by Barrister Emeka Nwala of office of the Senate Chief Whip and made available to the media, Kalu said he believes the issues at stake in the NDDC has to do with missing funds and not works done , adding that he is becoming worried over his name being used indiscriminately to sell newspapers without verifications.

According to the Chief Whip , the road projects mentioned by the Honourable Minister are the interventions he facilitated for the communities as a private citizen before he became a Senator.

Kalu revealed his name is mentioned because he used his letter headed paper to write a sympathetic letter to the NDDC in 2016 requesting and pleading with the body to rescue roads in Abia.

He also noted his relationship with Senator Akpabio dates years back and long before he (Kalu) became a govenor , adding that he would still request for more road interventions from Akpabio

His words, ” I was Governor of Abia State between 1999-2007 and never held any public office until June 11, 2019 when I was sworn in as a Senator. Between 2016- 2018 during my tour to several communities; leaders and welfare unions of most communities pleaded for urgent intervention on some dilapidated roads . I wrote to the NDDC informing the body of the conditions of these roads and the need for their attention since Abia is an NDDC state .

The NDDC in their consideration which I am very grateful to, awarded the roads to companies that duly tendered for the projects and not myself. Whatever link I have with the projects is because it was considered due to my intervention” He said

The Senate Chief Whip also noted that the NDDC that awarded these projects were not any of the interim management in controversy but the fully constituted body of NDDC with its board.

Clarifying further, he said “the roads I requested for intervention as mentioned by the Honourable Minister were repairs of Ezere-Acha-Ndiokoukwu Road ;Amaubiri-Eluama-Uru Ring Road, Lokpaukwu, Umuchieze ; Ndi Oji Abam-Atan Road ; the Okafia-Ozuitem-Bende road and Ozu-Amuru-Abam Road .

"The contractors have completed and delivered these roads long time ago except  Abam-Atani road which I learnt from the contractors was slowed down due to  rain but still ongoing.

"Meanwhile,  it would interest Nigerians to know that the contractors who built these roads have not been paid any dime . It has not been easy with the contractors but because it's a community project they have only but kept hope alive on the NDDC.

Further speaking, he said  " I am  so much concerned about  roads  because I understand the economic importance of good roads , that's why I built several roads when I was Governor.  Even as a Senator,  it would interest you to know that my major constituency projects are road constructions,  reconstructions and rehabilitations . We have put in plans  to finish 19 roads in Abia North before end of 2021.

"As a community leader,  I do not intend to stop my interventions on roads in NDDC states because all the states need good roads. Good roads help to  drive the economy.  Therefore,  I believe the NDDC forensic audit should focus on the missing funds and not works done . They should focus on paying contractors that delivered their jobs and not using my name indiscriminately to sell newspapers. The Honourable Minister,  Senator Godswill Akpabio is my good old friend.  We have been friends even before I became  a governor.  I hope he doesn't expect me to stop seeking for road interventions in our communities . It is his civic responsibility to support the communities and I am very confident he will oblige our future requests especially in areas of good roads."  Kalu said

Source; https://abacityblog.com/senator-kalu-replies-akpabio-says-nddc-has-not-paid-contractors-of-roads-he-facilitates/

[Image: 12052201_orjikaluakpabio_jpege4778d1d4ef...3239d2f117]
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  James Ibori, Gbajabiamila, Orji Uzor Kalu, Others Attend Terry Waya's Birthday Edoman 0 734 05-04-2021, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Edoman
  Prophet Joshua Arogun Who Predicted Kalu’s Release, Insists He Is Next President Edoman 1 808 05-04-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: AustinMullins
  Frank Ibezim Sworn In As Senator Representing Imo North Zone Edoman 0 560 04-27-2021, 02:34 PM
  Gunmen kidnap, kill former Sokoto Governor, Senator Wamakko's personal aide Edoman 0 598 03-21-2021, 10:50 AM
  Ex-Kebbi Senator, Umaru Tafidan Argungu arraigned for N419m alleged fraud in Sokoto Edoman 0 490 03-02-2021, 12:27 AM
  24-year-old daughter of late Imo Senator, Benjamin Uwajumobi dies one year Edoman 0 546 02-14-2021, 11:23 AM
  Senator Adelere Oriolowo Escapes Assassination Attempt At A Political Meeting Edoman 0 573 01-10-2021, 10:26 PM
  Ijaw Youths Invade NDDC, Demand Resignation Of Akpabio: Video Edoman 0 494 12-30-2020, 11:50 AM