The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Tuesday 9th June
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 

TUESDAY 9TH JUNE.

RECOGNIZE CHRIST IN YOU

I pray that Christ may make His home in your hearts through your faith; so that having your roots deep and your foundations strong, in love, you may become mighty to grasp the idea (Ephesians 3:17 WNT).

As a result of ignorance of the Word, some Christians sing certain songs that aren’t consistent with the New Testament. For example, some would sing, “Holy Spirit, fall afresh on me.” That doesn’t make any sense, because the Holy Spirit lives in you. He’s not in heaven; so, where is He going to “fall” from?

They could sing such a song and get so emotional and cry, thinking they’re getting blessed. But the truth is, they’re not really getting blessed; rather, such songs create a certain kind of unbelief that’s difficult to cure, resulting in their faith getting weaker and more and more ineffective.

How could a Christian be asking the Holy Spirit to fall afresh on him when the Holy Spirit is with us and in us forever? Jesus said, “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever” (John 14:16). 

Since the Holy Spirit came on the day of Pentecost, He hasn’t gone back, and He’ll never leave us. It’s a painful thing in the body of Christ, to see God’s children in search of what they already have.

This isn’t unconnected with the reason for the Apostle Paul’s prayer in our theme verse: “That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith….” “Wasn’t Christ already dwelling in their hearts?” you may wonder. Yes, you’d notice he didn’t say, “Our hearts”; he was praying for the spiritually immature in Christ.

That’s how we pray for young converts, because they haven’t recognized the indwelling Christ. Sadly, many, including those who have been Christians for a long time, still require this prayer today because they haven’t recognized the indwelling Christ. 

They’re still in search of what’s right inside them. They want something to come from Heaven; yet, everything they could ever ask for has been granted them (2 Peter 1:3). Colossians 1:27 says, “Christ in you, the hope of glory.” Recognize Him in you. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION

Christ is alive in me, because He has settled and made His home in my heart by faith; everything about Him is resident in my spirit. I’m living the supernatural life, naturally, because Christ is in me. I don’t walk in darkness about anything, because I’m conscious of His light in my heart, guiding me in the path of righteousness, to fulfil my destiny in Him. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY

Ephesians 3:17-19 AMPC; Colossians 1:26-27; 2 Corinthians 6:16

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Acts 1:1-26 & 2 Chronicles 1-4

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
2 Corinthians 1:1-11 & Ecclesiastes 9-10

TALKINGSESSION 

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for the opportunities You’ve placed before me to manifest Your glory and display Your greatness in an ever-increasing measure. 

I am compelled by Your love, now and always, to go the extra mile, in soul winning, giving, and in stirring faith in the hearts of others. 

I manifest Your divine nature of love in blessing others today. Hallelujah. As Jesus is, so am I in this world. 

I am a product of love; I abound in love, and I never fail, for my spirit is renewed every day. 

I am ever ready to believe the best of others, for the love of God is shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit.

I am persistently productive in every area of my life: in my job, in my finances, in my academics, and the Gospel.

I walk worthy of You always, pleasing You in all things, producing fruits and works of righteousness.

The Word of God is working and producing results in me! 

I am like a tree by the streams; evergreen, bearing luscious fruits because the Word of God is my life and sustenance. 

I live in divine health, supernatural abundance, and in continuous victory and prosperity, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: TUESDAY 9TH JUNE 2020.

THEME: THE UNCHANGING CHRIST

MEMORISE:

Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:58

READ: John 5:20-29

20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. Malachi 3:6

The statement above was made by God the Father and is representative of the entire God-head.

We live in very dynamic times, and this could make the future frightening, but there is hope for those who have faith in the Unchanging Christ, the Son of the Living God. Everything can change but God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit will never change; neither will His standards. 

“And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.” Luke 16:17

He said to those who are going into marriage “…Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.” (Mark 10:11-12). When the Pharisees attempted to justify divorce from the point of view of the Law of Moses, Jesus said: “Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female... Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.” (Matthew 19:4, ?.

Whoever decides to flout this divine arrangement does so to his or her own peril, even though the consequence may not be immediate. Reuben slept with his stepmother but the consequence surfaced after many decades when he should have received blessings from his father (Genesis 49:4). 

May those things that we regard as inconsequential not prevent us from entering into the Kingdom of God in the mighty name of Jesus. God’s standard does not change. Remember, “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8).

PRAYER POINT:

Father, please build up my faith in the unchanging Christ.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Proverbs 22-24.

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 21: NOW THANK WE ALL OUR GOD.

1. Now thank we all our God, with heart and hands and voices,
Who wondrous things has done, in Whom this world rejoices;
Who from our mothers’ arms has blessed us on our way
With countless gifts of love, and still is ours today.

2. Oh, may this bounteous God through all our life be near us,
With ever joyful hearts and blessed peace to cheer us;
And keep us in His grace, and guide us when perplexed;
And guard us through all ills in this world, till the next!

3. All praise and thanks to God the Father now be given,
The Son, and Him Who reigns with Them in highest Heaven—
The one eternal God, Whom earth and Heav’n adore;
For thus it was, is now, and shall be evermore.
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL

BY DR. PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

TUESDAY, 9TH JUNE 2020

TOPIC: DISTINGUISHED BY CHARACTER
SCRIPTURE: And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger. Genesis 25:23

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: People are distinguished by character and there is no character without discipline.

Sometime ago, I heard the testimony of a lady who was born a twin; she has a twin sister. She said while she and her twin sister were growing up, she was actively and passionately taking up responsibilities, doing the chores like cleaning dishes, washing clothes, etc. but her twin sister was not. 

Eventually, when they grew up, they were distinguished by their character – the lady in question became the chief executive officer of a major financial institution but the other one lives an insignificant and inconsequential life. Imagine that! They are products of the same conception but they don’t have the same future.

Beloved, you can be in the same church with other people and not have the same positive change they experience. You can be in the same environment and not have the same attainment. It is standards that make people stand out. 

The lack of standards is the reason why many people cannot stand out in life. It is manners that make people matter. If we do not have the same manner, we cannot matter at the same level. 

How we live today determines where we end tomorrow.
The Bible says, two manner of people shall be separated (Distinguished)…. (Genesis 25:23). Jacob was separated from Esau by character, Daniel was separated from the other vice presidents in Babylon by character (Daniel 6:1-4), and Esther was distinguished from the other virgins who came for the beauty contest in the Persian Empire by character (Esther 2:15); the other virgins combined virginity with vanity but Esther could not accommodate vanity.

So, people are distinguished by character and there is no character without discipline. Character is the key to distinction or excellence in life, and not certificate or ethnicity.

Remember this: People are distinguished by character and there is no character without discipline.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Determine to uphold a positive character at all times and in all places.
2. Make demands on the grace to be disciplined; refuse to be influenced into doing what displeases God.
3. Study God’s Word daily in order to be continually transformed into His Perfect Image.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: THE POWER OF POSITIVE CHARACTER.

PRAYER: Lord, You are the Potter and I am clay in Your mighty Hand. Work on me and let me be a reflection of Your Holy Image on the earth Lord, in Jesus’ Name.

DAILY BIBLE READING: Psalm 94-96

QUOTE: It is also important to uphold godly character because we live in a time when the dividing line between the church and the world has disappeared. Culled from “WHO ARE YOU?” by Dr Paul Enenche.

AMAZING FACT: The oceans cover 71% of the Earth’s surface.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: The grace to uphold distinguishing character is released upon you in Jesus’ Name.
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS

DATE: TUESDAY 9TH JUNE, 2020

TOPIC: STOP YOURSELF FROM STOPPING YOURSELF!

BASIC SCRIPTURE: (MARK 12: 28-34)

Make sure your worst enemy is not living between your two ears-YOUR MOUTH! For most people, their mouths, their words are their greatest LUCIFER! You are confined by the walls you build around yourself!

Nobody can confine or limit you! The person you see in the mirror everyday should be your greatest competitor everyday! Nobody is your competitor! Most times, your worst enemy is your MEMORY! As A MAN or a woman THINKETH SO IS HE/SHE!
You are your own worst enemy! Guard your thoughts or they will become your destiny POISON! If you can stop expecting IMPOSSIBLE PERFECTION in yourself, then you will find the confidence and happiness that has always eluded you.

STOP CONDEMNING YOURSELF! Love yourself! Love your height, colour, body, etc. Champions keep playing till they get it right! So why look down on yourself? Is there any human without one error or the other? Show me one soul that has never made a mistake!

LOVE YOURSELF because you are the best! Mark 12:31 says: “The Second is equally important: Love your neighbour as yourself. No other commandment is greater than these.” LOVE YOURSELF VIGOROUSLY! In the remaining days of 2020, YOU MUST STOP YOURSELF FROM STOPPING YOURSELF!

A million haters cannot stop you unless you stop yourself! Also take time off daily to deal with the bad habits of your Iife because they keep you from being the best God has for you! When you compare yourself to others, then you are the enemy of your destiny! To be beautiful means to be yourself!

REFUSE TO ENVY others or wish to be like them! You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself. Refuse to live in EXCUSES! THEY ARE THE ENEMIES of EXCELLENCE! Laugh always! Look good! Always dress like you are going to see your worst enemy! Don’t be the designer of your own DISGRACE! Don't ‘t be your own ASSASSIN!

ANNUAL MONTH OF MERCY IS HERE!
This month is the ODM WORLDWIDE ANNUAL MONTH OF MERCY! It is a Month dedicated to do Charity work and to show Practical Love! This should be done throughout the month wherever you are! It should involve visiting Orphanages, Hospitals, Elderly people’s homes, etc. Sow a SEED OF MERCY into UBA ACC NO. 1021784230. ACCT. NAME : ODM MERCY OUTREACH or any account on page 29 of this booklet to help our visitation to Orphanages, Hospitals, Elderly Homes, etc. Mercy Will Never Elude Your Household In Jesus Name.

PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 1: When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder...

1. In your own words, pray about today s word as led now.
2. Repent from being your own worst enemy.
3. LORD, deliver me from myself! Don’t allow me to destroy myself in Jesus name.
4. Holy Ghost, shake away and PURGE me from whatever will lead me to shame.
5. Lord, Purge my tongue, my thoughts, my memory, my brain, any evil secret habit, my fears and my laziness, etc in Jesus name.
6. Pray about today seriously now and about any other issue(s) affecting your peace.
THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: (PSALM: 43-45)

BY: BISHOP DR. CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)PUBLISHER/WRITER

SONG 1: WHEN THE ROLL IS CALLED UP YONDER

1. When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound, and time shall be no more,
And the morning breaks, eternal, bright and fair
When the saved of earth shall gather over on the other shore,
And the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there.

REFRAIN:

When the roll, is called up yon-der
When the roll, is called up yon-der,
When the roll, is called up yon-der,
When the roll is called up yonder I'll be there

2. On that bright and cloudless morning when the dead in Christ shall rise,
And the glory of His resurrection share
When His chosen ones shall gather to their home beyond the skies,

3. Let us labour for the Master from the dawn till setting sun,
Let us talk of all His wondrous love and care
Then when all of life is over, and our work on earth is done,
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH

THE LIVING WATER {Jan ~ June, 2020}

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Tuesday, June 9, 2020

TOPIC: SELFISH AMBITION
Read Philippians 2:1-3

MEMORISE: Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself (Philippians 2:3)

EXPOSITION

Ambition is that "intense drive for success or power; a desire to achieve honour, wealth or fame." To be ambitious, in the worldly sense, is essentially, to be determined to have more than your neighbour.

Selfish ambition can be understood as motivation to elevate oneself or put one's own interests before and above others'. Conceit means "excessive pride", or self-esteem that has no foundation in reality; an elevated and incorrect sense of value. 

Therefore, doing nothing out of selfish ambition or conceit means letting our actions be not motivated by selfishness, pride, or one-man ship.

Being ambitious, in and of itself, is not wrong. It's what we esteem or honour that can be a problem. The Bible teaches that we should be ambitious, yet the objective is to be accepted by Christ, not by the world. Christ teaches that to be first in His Kingdom is to become a servant (Matt. 20:26-28; 23:11-12).

Selfish ambition is seeking success in the things of the world, most especially at the expense or to the detriment of others, and competing with people of the world. It can ruin any family, church, or community, but genuine humility builds. 

Being humble involves having true perspective about ourselves and others (Rom. 12:3). Considering others' interests as important as ours links us with Christ, our true example of humility, selflessness and sacrificial living. 'Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others' (Phil. 2:4).

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord Jesus, please deliver me from the spirit of over-ambition.
2. Lord Jesus, give me the spirit of humility, to consider others' interest as important as mine.
3. Pray for the spirit of selfless leadership to fall on all our leaders at home, in church, in the traditional settings, and the society at large.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Kings 23 - 24 & Galatians 5

Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM