The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Sunday 31st May
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 

SUNDAY 31ST MAY.

THE “PILL” OF FAITH

Jesus replied, “Why do you say ‘if you can’? Anything is possible for someone who has faith!” (Mark 9:23 CEV).

Imagine that you were given a pill and told that if you’d take the pill, it makes no difference the infirmity, disease or sickness that attacks your body; irrespective of the location of the problem, the pill would effect a cure. What would your response be? I’m sure you wouldn’t hesitate to place an order for that pill immediately. You’d even want to have it in excess.

But did you know that there’s actually such a pill? It’s called the pill of faith! In Mark 9:23, Jesus said, “If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.” The word “believe” as used in the King James Version and several other versions is wrongly applied. It’s from the same word as “faith,” only that it’s the verb form. Faith is the noun, and “believe” is the verb of faith. This means the verse should actually read, “All things are possible to him that has faith.”

The CEV, which we quoted in our theme verse puts it more accurately; it says, “...Anything is possible for someone who has faith!” How reassuring! And reading it from the 21st verse makes it even more so. Jesus didn’t say, “Many things are possible if you have faith,” but that “ANYTHING is possible.” 

Meaning that it doesn’t matter what the situation is; God has given you power to make your life beautiful. You can do anything and change anything that’s contrary to God’s will for you with your faith.

When the disciples were terrified and cried to Jesus for help when they faced turbulent weather, the Bible says He turned to them and said, “...Where is your faith?” (Luke 8:25). In other words, use the pill! It can do anything. There wouldn’t be any hopelessness or despondency in your life if you’d put your faith to work. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION

Blessed be God! I’ve overcome the world, its systems and structures. My faith is strong and effective for continuous success, victories and triumphs! I have no fear, for nothing is impossible unto me. My life is being constantly framed by the Word of God, resulting in ever-increasing praise and glory to the Father. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY

Mark 11:22-23; 2 Corinthians 4:13; 1 John 5:4;

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 15:18-16:1-16; 1 Chronicles 5-6

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 14:31-40; Proverbs 27

#AFFIRMATIONTRAIN 31ST MAY.

I affirm that I am highly favored of God! He has given me the upper hand in all things. It is too late to fail and I am too loaded to be disadvantaged! 

I am an heir of God; my life is a manifestation of God’s glory and grace. I’ve been brought into the place of my inheritance! 

I will never find myself walking in lack because the Lord is my Shepherd. Daily, I walk in the light of my prosperity, for I am the seed of Abraham; I have access to wealth untold! Lack and want are not a part of my life because I am plugged to God’s unending supply. 

The grace and ability of God are at work in me, I function with such an outstanding proficiency that everyone around me is inspired for excellence; and I am divinely powered to teach many how to live and do things right through my words, actions, character, love, faith, and integrity. 

I belong in God’s superior class of divine beings; therefore, I look beyond the natural realm of existence to my heavenly rights, blessings, and provisions in Christ Jesus! 

I recognize today and take hold of my divine right to live in health, prosperity, victory, success, dominion, and excellence! Blessed be God. Hallelujah!

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SUNDAY 31ST MAY 2020.

THEME: DON’T LOSE CONFIDENCE IN CHRIST.

MEMORISE:

Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. Hebrews 10:35

READ: Hebrews 10:35-39

35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Losing trust in Christ’s ability to do anything and everything has several terrible spiritual implications. For example, if anyone loses confidence in the sufficiency of Christ regarding the atonement for sins, such a person could turn to idols for supplementary atonement.

A displeased Paul wrote to the church in Galatia: “I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.” (Galatians 2:21). They had apparently lost confidence in the grace that earned them salvation and had begun to resort to self-righteousness through religious activities.

Today, like the Galatian Church who considered keeping of the Jewish traditional laws, some people do not think the gospel is enough for them. So, they give in to demonic alternatives.

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth….. Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? Galatians 3:1,3

Do not lose confidence in God due to impatience. The just shall live by faith (Romans 1:17). Some people doubt Malachi 3:10-12 and then blaspheme because things are not going as planned despite their faithfulness in the payment of tithes and offerings. Some others now query monogamy as a Christian doctrine. Jesus Christ is however the same yesterday, today and forever (Hebrews 13:8). We cannot modify God’s laws to suit ourselves.

Brethren, nothing should make us fret, not severe persecutions, not trials of faith. God wants you to trust Him completely; there is no problem He cannot resolve. Never seek solutions on your problems from the devil or his agents. Psalm 16:4 says: “Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god……”

Make God your refuge and strength. He is a very present help and will never forsake you (Psalm 46:11, Romans 8:35).

PRAYER POINT:

Father, please help me to hold on to You and let my confidence in Christ increase, rather than diminish in the mighty name of Jesus.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 119: 89-176.

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 13: IN CHRIST ALONE.

In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone! - who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe.
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
RESTORATION TODAY

SUNDAY, MAY 31, 2020.

TOPIC: *VICTORY AT LAST*

"For the LORD your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you."  Deuteronomy  20:4.

*MESSAGE*
Sometimes in our walk with God, we encounter circumstances that pose some serious challenges to our faith. There are adversaries out there to oppose God's children. They come in the form of challenges. But in spite of all that, we must remember that we have already overcome them (1 John 4:4). We must know that once you accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, He goes into battle on our behalf to save and deliver us from our enemies.

Anything and anybody can be an enemy to us. What and who can be an enemy to us is beyond prediction. Only God knows who is truly our friend or our enemy. Nevertheless, the desire of God for us is that we should overcome all and live successfully.

Challenges are pointers that we are going through somewhere. You are never the main target for challenges; it is your victory that is being targeted. Lions in the jungle don't go after dead animals. They hunt after those which are alive and strong. Therefore, no matter what you're going through now, faith is the sure weapon for victory ( 1 John 5:4).

Difficulties can be very tasking, hazardous and time consuming. But with God and his word, the possibility of prevailing over them is ascertained. Don't give up! Be optimistic, enthusiastic, joyful and strong. You are not alone in the battle field. God is fighting our battles right alongside with us. There is going to be victory at last.

*ACTION POINT*
?️   Our faith in God is the sure way to victory. When we are born of God we automatically become victorious, and in God, we start everyday from the point of victory.

*SCRIPTURES*
1 Chronicles 18:6; Proverbs 29:31; Romans 8:37.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Thank you Lord for fighting every unseen battle on my behalf;

2. Lord, help me not to give up in times of challenges and difficulties;

3.  Lord, increase my faith and you.

*THE BIBLE OF THE YEAR*
Deut. 10:12-11.32, Song. 1:1-27, Luke 9:18-36.
BETTER LIFE MESSAGE

DATE : SUNDAY MAY 31, 2020

TOPIC: STOP COMPLAINING, START CREATING YOUR OWN WORLD

TEXT  : Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand   that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.”

It is a common knowledge that the times of crises and unpleasant situations people complain and look for who to blame for the happenings around them. But it is equally true that complaining and murmuring has never yielded anything tangible to alleviate the suffering that is associated with the unpleasant experience rather it has complicated the situation the more.

God does not respond to complaining and murmuring but He expect us to effect the change that we desire. Check the lives of those who complains, their lives are usually complicated hence, God warned us against it – 1Cor 10:10-13 “Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer. Now all of these things happened unto for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition………… There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man, but God is faithful ………………”

All the attributes of God are domiciled in every man living on earth but lying dormant waiting for a reactivation by the power of the Holy Ghost through redemption. At creation, we are created in the very image and likeness of God, after the fall of man, Adam had his first son in his own image but Christ came to restore mankind back to the image and the likeness of God that was lost to sin by exchanging our human life to the eternal life of God (Zoe) which is ordained to function in the class of God (a god) as a co-creator with God – Genesis 1:26-28, 5:3, John 3:14-16, 10:34-35

No matter where you are or travel to on earth, you cannot get a perfect place except the one you create for yourself. Within this imperfect world created by imperfect system that is governed by imperfect men, you can create your own world to your taste irrespective of the happenings globally. You can live in a different world within this present world. Don’t ever be deceived that everyone in your environment are living in the same world with you, some are actually living heaven on earth.

By virtue of redemption, you are to duplicate heaven on earth within this world. You can create an experience different from others for yourself within this world. God said He will ‘make a different between us and the people of the world’, we are by redemption expected to enforce the reality of this difference into existence – Malachi 3:16-18, 4:1-3

Anytime you see, hear or experience a miracle, signs and wonders, just know that something has either been created or recreated. Jesus represented God in creativity and we are equally expected to represent Christ because He sent us as His Father sent Him – John 17:18, 20:21

HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN WORLD?

I.      REFUSE TO JOIN OTHERS IN COMPLAINING AND MURMURING – Complaining and murmuring kills the creative, innovative and inventive ability that is within. The mind will become blind to everything good. By the grace of God, I have been privileged to arrive some new stations, that naturally and humanly speaking, it will be normal to complain but I have learnt over the years to always give thanks and before you know it, strange things in righteousness begins to emerge.

II.     CATCH A VISION OF WHAT YOU WANT – Proverbs 29:18, Habakkuk 2:1-3, Genesis 13:14-17, Jeremiah 1:11-13
The strength of your pursuit is tied to your vision. What you see with the eyes of the spirit is what you are expected and empowered to create.

III.    ENGAGE THE POWER OF IMAGINATION – Let your vision be translated into your daily imagination. It is quite unfortunate that multitudes of the youth engages their power of imagination wrongly. Do you know that all these fantastic buildings you see today once exist in the mind of the Architects before they are created into the physical reality Genesis 11:5-6

IV.     LET THE WORD OF GOD RELATING TO THE WORLD YOU DESIRE TO CREATE DWELL IN YOU RICHLY – The world today was created by the word of God – Genesis 1:1-31, Hebrews 11:3, Colossians 3:16

V.      SPEAK THE WORD TO CREATE YOUR OWN WORLD IN YOUR MARRIAGE, FAMILY, BUSINESS, CAREER, ACADEMICS, FINANCE, HEALTH E.T.C.

The moment your imagination aligns with the words of God and you give it a continual verbal expression in faith irrespective of the happenings, it becomes your equilibrium point (breakthrough point) where your desires are created into physical realities the devil and all his demons with his human agent’s notwithstanding. 

Every time you speak the word of God in faith you are actually prophesying and the creative power of the word goes into operation and nothing can resist it from coming to pass – 2Peter 1:19-21, Ezekiel 37:1-14, Genesis 1:1-3, Mark 11:23, Proverbs 18:20-21, Matthew 12:36-37, Psalms 34:12-13

REMEMBER THAT THE PRIMARY PURPOSE OF YOUR MOUTH IS NOT FOR EATING BUT FOR CREATING WHAT YOU DESIRE BECAUSE WHAT YOU SAY DETERMINES THE QUALITY OF LIFE YOU WILL LIVE, FOOD, CLOTHING AND SHELTER INCLUSIVE. Proverbs 18:20-21, Psalms 34:12-13

PRAYER POINT: FATHER, IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS AND BY THE GREATNESS OF YOUR POWER, OPEN UP THE GRAVE OF MY DESTINY AND CAUSE THE GLORY OF MY DESTINY RISE OUT OF OBSCURITY INTO LIMELIGHT THEREBY COMMANDING THE ENVY OF MY GENERATION THIS YEAR AFTER THE ORDER OF ISAAC. Genesis 26:12-14, Ezekiel 37:11-14, Psalms 66:3, Isaiah 58:8, 10

SEE YOU AT THE TOPMOST TOP.

REMAIN EVER BLESSED.

JESUS IS LORD.

PST ISRAEL AKINSANYA
pstisraelmeg@gmail.com
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL 

BY DR. PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

SUNDAY, 31ST MAY 2020

TOPIC: GOING ALL THE WAY WITH GOD; THE TEMPTATION

SCRIPTURE: And thou shalt say unto him, The Lord God of the Hebrews hath sent me unto thee, saying, let my people go, that they may serve me in the wilderness: and, behold, hitherto thou wouldest not hear. Exodus 7:16

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The best of God is reserved for those who go far with Him.
It is true that the two key proofs of dedication to God are worship and service. That is to worship and serve Him.

Service is a major proof of our dedication to God. Profitable service equals productive living.When we serve God profitably, we live productively. The devil is aware that there are profits in serving God, so, he does everything to fight your dedication to God and the dividends of that dedication. He wants you to be lukewarm, lethargic and complacent because he knows that fervent service in God produces fire-full results.

Now, there are temptations that hinder effective service and we are dealing with one of them today, and that is, the temptation not to go far with God in service to Him.

That was the first temptation that Pharaoh confronted the children of Israel with in Exodus 8:27. Pharaoh seemed to be saying; “You can do anything you want to do with God for as long as you do not do it too much.”

Not being too serious with God is a temptation that the devil always presents. Some people may tell you: “Don’t be a fanatic, don’t carry church on your head. Don’t kill yourself. Do anything you want to do with God but take it easy, God understands.” 
These are evil counsels sponsored by the devil to discourage you from going all the way with God.
But beloved, the best of God is reserved for those who go far with Him. The best of God is reserved for those who go all the way with Him. Seriousness with God is the way of gloriousness in life.

REMEMBER THIS: The best of God is reserved for those who go far with Him.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Be faithful in your service to God, not for eye-service or man-pleasing.
2. Do not be discouraged in serving God; go with God all the way.
PRAYER: Lord, I receive the grace to escape the temptations that hinder effective service. Today I overcome and rise above every mockery targeted at my life, hindering my service to You, Lord in the Name of Jesus.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: TEMPTATIONS THAT HINDERS EFFECTIVE SERVICE

QUOTE: When His Presence becomes your residence, your strength becomes unbeatable. Culled from GO IN THIS THY MIGHT by Dr Paul Enenche

DAILY BIBLE READING: Psalm 67-69
AMAZING FACT: Kiwis are sometimes called Honorary Mammals.
PROPHETIC WORD/DECLARATION: Grace to go all the way with God is released on you in Jesus’ Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: SUNDAY 31ST MAY, 2020*

*TOPIC: THE FAVOUR OF GOD: HE CAME TO TOWN FOR HER!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: MARK 5:24-34*

When the sun of God’s grace and favour shines upon a man, every voice is saying "NO" to that man's blessings and advancement in life has to bow and keep shut. For many years, this woman with the issue of blood sought for deliverance and healing. 

She went from doctor to doctor, and from deliverer to deliverer, but she kept on facing disappointment. Her circumstance defied every kind of solution. But one day, *THE SUN OF GOD'S FAVOUR ROSE UPON HER AND SHONE BRIGHTLY UPON HER.* Jesus came to her town, and when she heard that Jesus was in town, she moved out to receive her miracle.
She told herself, "If I may touch but His clothes (helm of His garment), I shall be made whole." 

*The favour of God working on behalf of this woman caused Jesus to come into her town.* Did you get that? *Favour brought Jesus to her town! He came for her sake!* That favour made a way for her through the crowd of thousands of spectators. Hundreds of people were standing between her and her miracles, but she could not be discouraged. Here me today: 

Maybe you've heard "NO" again and again, and you are tired of trying again; *Get Up And Go And Make That Call Again!*

*Go And Pray Again! Go It's Your Season Of HIGHER FAVOUR And You Cannot Be STOPPED! Something will start happening because of you! Some people will make a phone call because of you! Some people will make a phone call because of you! Somebody will pass through your office or your city because of you! As you go out this week/weekend, a GREAT VOICE of GRACE shall speak for you!* Pray seriously now!

*REMEMBER: ODM WORLDWIDE ANNUAL MONTH OF MERCY IS NEXT MONTH JUNE 2020!*
*It is a Month dedicated to do Charity work and to show Practical Love! This should be done throughout the month wherever you are! It should involve visiting Orphanages, Hospitals, Elderly people's home, etc. Sow a SEED OF MERCY into GTB ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0536832754.
NAME: MANNA OUR
or any account of page 29 of this booklet to help our visitation to Orphanages, Hospitals, Elderly Homes, etc. MERCY WILL NEVER ELUDE YOUR HOUSEHOLD IN JESUS NAME.*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take Song 2: Standing On The Promises Of God...

1. In your own words, pray about today's word.
2. Lord, pass through my way again! Send people around my pathway again! Shake away any wrong person again! *Thank God for MAY!*
3. Every evil law, decree and pronouncement that has exempted me from God's best in past years, I CANCEL YOU NOW!
4. I shall be favoured before men. I receive my own crown of favour. Men will see me and favour me today and *next month of June* in Jesus name. *Scatter EVIL COVENS today/tonight.*

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: PSALM 19-21*
*BY: BISHOP DR. CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/WRITER_

*SONG 2: STANDING ON THE PROMISES OF GOD*

1. Standing on the promises of Christ my king,
Through eternal ages let his praises ring;
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.

*Refrain:*

_Standing, standing,_
_Standing on the promises of God my Saviour;_
_Standing, standing,_
_I’m standing on the promises of God._

2. Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,

3. Standing on the promises I now can see
Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,

4. Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to him eternally by love’s strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,

5. Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
Listening every moment to the Spirit’s call,
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Sunday, May 31, 2020 - World No-Tobacco Day*

*TOPIC:**FREEDOM BY THE LORD'S SPIRIT*
*Read: 2 Corinthians 3:12-17*

2 Corinthians 3:12-17 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:
And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

*MEMORISE: Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (2 Corinthians 3:17)*

*EXPOSITION*

Freedom is a basic human desire. Everyone craves freedom. Someone jokingly said, "Absolute freedom is being able to do what pleases you without considering anyone except your spouse and your kids, the company and the boss, neighbours and friends, the police and the government, the doctor and the church." In a human society, chaos ensues, if we consider our own interests alone. Laws are necessary to guarantee freedom. 

This is also true with the spiritual law of God (Psa. 119:44-45).

The freedom which comes by the Spirit of the Lord is, first and foremost, liberation from the condemnation of, and slavery to sin and the whole dominion of Satan (Rom. 8:1-2; 2 Cor. 3:7-9). True freedom begins with the believer's union with Christ, and his receiving the Holy Spirit (Acts 4:12; Eph. 1:7). Freedom from spiritual bondage is maintained through the Holy Spirit's continued indwelling and believer's obedience to His direction (Gal. 5:18). For instance, only the power of God through salvation and indwelling of the Holy Spirit can deliver those addicted to tobacco.

Freedom provided by the Spirit of the Lord is not a freedom for the believer to do what he wants but to do what he should (Rom. 6:18-23; 1 Cor. 10:23-24). It must not be used as a rationale for evil or conflict (Jas. 4:1-2; 1 Pet. 2:16-23).

Christian freedom liberates believers for service to God and fellow humans in the way of righteousness (Rom. 6:18; 1 Cor. 9:19; 1 Thess. 1:9). We are now Christ's servants, living by the grace of God (Rom. 1:1; 5:21).

*PRAYER POINTS*

1. Lord Jesus, let Your Holy Spirit liberate me from the condemnation and slavery of sin, and the dominion of Satan, in Jesus' name.
2. Father, grant all our youths freedom from the spiritual bondages of cultism, prostitution, pre and extra-marital sexual relationships, and other social vices, in Jesus' name.
3. Holy Spirit, set all our leaders, spiritual and political, free from every form of the bondage of greed and self-centredness negatively affecting their leadership, in Jesus' name.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Kings 4 - 5 & 2 Corinthians 7 - 8*

*Remember Sunday Service is another time with God, let's tell Him what bothers us and He will answer us in Jesus name. Amen...........
...Shalom*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM