The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Friday 29th May
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 

FRIDAY 29TH MAY.

THE CHRIST CULTURE

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God (Romans 12:2).

In Christianity, we have a culture; it’s the Christ culture. Many come into Christ with their own culture, and try, in many ways, to influence the Church with their earthly culture. But the only culture we must follow and imbibe is the culture of the Spirit and of the Scriptures.

Our theme verse tells us to be transformed by the renewing of our minds (Romans 12:2); that means be cultured by the Word. It’s a decision that you must make.

If you’d renew your mind with the Scriptures, you’d have the Kingdom culture. For example, in Christ, we have a culture to honour and respect everyone, not only those we think are deserving of honour. 

Romans 12:10 says, “Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another.” Also, in Matthew 5:44, Jesus said, “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.” This is Kingdom-culture; it’s different from that of the world.

Matthew 5:42 says, “Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.” It’s our culture to give in love; you don’t turn away from the one who comes to borrow from you. We help and don’t despise anyone. 

This is how Jesus lived, and we’re to emulate Him. Therefore, train yourself in the Christ culture; the culture of love, kindness, forgiveness and righteousness.

PRAYER

Precious Father, I yield myself to the ministry of the Word and the Spirit to learn, develop and live out the Christ life here on earth; a life of love, excellence, victory, dominion and grace. As I study the Word, my mind is renewed to think and walk in the reality of who I am in Christ, giving full expression to your righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Philippians 2:5; 2 Peter 1:5-8

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 14:15-31; 1 Chronicles 1-2

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 14:10-19; Proverbs 25

#TALKINGSESSION 29TH MAY

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Dear Heavenly Father, I rejoice for the presence of Your Spirit in my life, and the grace which causes the wilderness to be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field to become a forest.

I am persistently productive in every area of my life: in my job, in my finances, in my academics, and the Gospel.

I walk worthy of You always, pleasing You in all things, producing fruits and works of righteousness. 

I am anointed by the Holy Ghost and with power to positively effect changes, and impact the lives of people all over the world. 

As the seed of Abraham, my mind is seasoned with supernatural ideas, thoughts, and visions. I am imbued with divine wisdom to bless and change the world in which I live. 

I’ve overcome the world, the devil, and the forces of hell because I am a product of the incorruptible Word of God, which lives and abides forever. 

I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms—a place of authority, victory, safety, and deliverance—far removed from all earthly distractions. 

Hallelujah! I have passed from death to life. As the Father had life in Himself, so had he given unto me to have life in me.

I have the God kind of life working on the inside of me now! I am indestructible and impregnable to the corruptive influence of this world. I am a king-priest!

I live up to my calling! I am “kinging” in life, displaying the virtues and perfections of Christ! I exude excellence in all aspects of my life, fruitful, and productive in all things, in Jesus' Name. Amen. Hallelujah!

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: FRIDAY 29TH MAY 2020.

THEME: RIGHTEOUS LEADERS, JOYFUL PEOPLE.

MEMORISE:

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn. Proverbs 29:2

READ: 1 Timothy 2:1-4

1I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

If children of God would carefully study the Bible and obey its commands, the world would be a much better place. God would consistently reveal His mind to them and expressly answer their prayers. By the grace of the Almighty, anyone conversant with the history and development of the Redeemed Christian Church of God will agree without any doubt that God has constantly revealed His mind to guide us in this Church. May His name be praised forevermore in the mighty name of Jesus.

One clear spiritual principle God revealed to His people is that supplication, prayer and intercession be made for leaders and people in authority at all levels. Unfortunately, many of us do not know the importance of praying for our leaders. 1 Timothy 2:1-2 says:
“I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.”

Foremost, we are to seek God’s face to give us righteous leaders. Samuel would have erroneously anointed Eliab if not for God’s guidance. Thank God he listened and obeyed (1 Samuel 16:6-7). Who knows what would have befallen Israel if Eliab or any of David’s other brothers had been crowned king?

Secondly, prayer helps leaders to provide good governance, resulting in a quiet, peaceable, and prosperous life for the people. Leaders are targets of wicked physical and spiritual attacks for the simple reason that any defeat suffered by a leader will have a ripple effect on the whole community (Zechariah 13:7).

The devil always makes use of this method in his warfare against nations. That was the case in 1 Chronicles 21:1: “And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.” This error led to the death of several thousand people in 1 Chronicles 21:14.

Let us specifically ask God to give us righteous leaders. Righteousness exalts a nation (Proverbs 14:34) and this should start from the people in authority.

As we intensify prayers for our leaders today, our joy shall indeed be full and our nation shall be exalted in the Mighty Name of Jesus.

PRAYER POINT:

Pray for your leaders more than ever before and ask for grace to do this regularly.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 119-1-88.

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 1: ALL HAIL, THE POWER.

1. All hail the pow’r of Jesus’ Name!
Let angels prostrate fall;
Bring forth the royal diadem,
And crown Him Lord of all!

2. Ye chosen seed of Israel’s race,
Ye ransomed from the fall,
Hail Him Who saves you by His grace,

3. Let every kindred, every tribe,
On this terrestrial ball,
To Him all majesty ascribe,

4. Oh, that with yonder sacred throng
We at His feet may fall!
We’ll join the everlasting song,
RESTORATION TODAY

FRIDAY, MAY 29, 2020.

TOPIC: *TAKING YOUR PLACE IN LIFE*

“Behold, I have set the land before you: go in and possess the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give unto them and to their seed after them.” Deuteronomy 1:8.

*MESSAGE*
 God has good plans for His children. One of His plans is that you should be where He had destined you to be. His plan is also for you to fulfill destiny and be a blessing. God is not  happy to see you suffering, in lack, or going through hardship, sickness and oppression. No! There is a place prepared for you in destiny. You cannot afford to miss it. The earlier you realize this, the better for you. Thousands of people's destinies are tied to yours. Your success is their success. Your failure is their failure 

*How To Take Your Place*
*1.  Adjust Your Character To Suit Your Prophecy:*
Imbibe the attitude of humility for the sake of your place in destiny. Many have lost their place in destiny because of arrogance.

*2.  Give Yourself To Kingdom Service:*
serve God conditionally and unconditionally. Serve God because He commanded and demanded it. Serve Him because He deserves it. He created and preserves you for that purpose.

*3.  Be a Goal Setter:*
 Wake up every day with a mindset of getting or achieving the goal you have set. Achieving your daily set goal prepares you to achieve your ultimate target.

*4.  Be Obedient:*
Obedience to God brings you to your place in destiny. Obedience empowers you to not only take your place but to have authority even in your place of destiny.

*ACTION POINT*
?️  You can't take your place by mistake and or by chance. It is by willingness, determination and deliberate calculated steps.

*SCRIPTURES*
Luke 19:12-13; 1 Timothy 4:15; Colossians 1:18; Amos 9:14; Jeremiah 33:21.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1.  Father, I commit my daily set goals into your hand, empower me to achieve them in the name of Jesus; 

2.  I receive grace to be enthusiastic and passionate about my vision in the name of Jesus;

3.  Lord, give me grace to be obedient to Your Word in the name of Jesus.

*THE BIBLE OF THE YEAR*
Deut. 7:11-8.20, Eccl. 9:11-10.20, Luke 8:40-56.
BETTER LIFE MESSAGE

DATE : FRIDAY MAY 29, 2020

TOPIC: SMALL IS BEAUTIFUL

TEXT  : Matthew 13:31-32 “Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.”

Greatness is the ultimate essence of our redemption only if we care to know and be willing to apply ourselves to the demands of what it takes to be great.

Understand that there is no one redeemed by God to be small, everyone, including you and I have an in-built spiritual mechanism within us to be great at redemption.

Come to think of it, everyone that you can identify today as great or big was born a small baby, perhaps many without any clue that one day they will be great because of their background and their country, state, local government or community of origin – Isaiah 53:2 “For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.” There was nothing around the one that was born to save the whole world from their sins that suggests greatness or beauty, He was born in a Manger. No wonder, Nathaniel said ‘can any good thing come out of Nazareth’ when he was told to come and see the Messaiah. John 1:45-46

Being born again is the best thing that can ever happen to anyone on earth because the seed of greatness within us receives a divine activation to grow supernaturally with our cooperation with the greater that comes to live in us at newbirth – 1John 4:4

The greatness of the Apotles was largely connected with their encounter with Christ, the greatest one that ever lived. They were the nobodies that were turned to global personalities that cannot be forgotten forever though their exploits. Matthew 1:19

KEYS TO BECOMING GREAT

I.      VALUE AND CELEBRATE WHO YOU ARE, WHAT YOU HAVE, WHERE YOU ARE ON THE WAY TO WHERE YOU ARE GOING. Don’t over celebrate others because of who they are, what they have and where they are. The major exploits of Moses was tied to the rod. Exodus 4:17, 2Kings 4:1-7

II.     MIND THE COMPANY YOU KEEP AND THE BOOK YOU READ. Your life will remain at the same level the next five years except for the people you meet and the books you read. The mighty men of David and Jephthah came from the base, rejected and the good for nothing people of their society. Proverbs 13:20, Judges 11:1-3, 1Samuel 22:1-2

III.    IDENTIFY THE SEED OF MIRACLE IN WHAT YOU HAVE AND SOW IT. No matter how small what you have, the seed for your miracle to greatness is in it. Remember the Widow of Zarephath and widow of the late Prophet – Isaiah 55:10, 1Kings 17:10-16, Mark 4:26-29

Don’t eat your seed and sow your bread and never allow your conditions to exempt you from seed sowing – Luke 21:1-4

IV.     REMAIN CONNECTED TO JESUS IRRESPECTIVE OF THE HAPPENINGS AROUND YOU. Jesus Christ is the source of all greatness and holds the key to our greatness in His hands. Refuse to be casual in your relationship with Him so that you won’t become a casualty of your circumstance – Revelation 3:7

V.      OBEY GOD AT ALL COST AND BY ALL MEANS – Deut 28:1, Job 36:11, Psalms 75:5-7
Christ in you is the greatest advantage that you have to make the most of your life in a most difficult season

Every great organization today had a small beginning and nothing on earth starts from the top except for the grave. You are permitted to dream and think big but you are to start small. Those whose aim is to start big never get anything started but they always end up in frustration and untimely death.

REMEMBER THAT THE GREATNESS OF THE MUSTARD TREE WAS HIDDEN IN THE SMALLNESS OF ITS SIZE BUT WHEN IT IS PLANTED AND GIVEN THE ENABLING ENVIRONMENT WITH TIME, THE GREATNESS WILL SUDDENLY EMERGE TO PROVIDE SHELTER FOR THE BIRDS OF THE AIR AND SHADE FOR THE PASSERBY. Mark 4:30-32

AS THE LORD GOD LIVES, THE SEED OF YOUR GREATNESS WILL GERMINATE, GROW AND MATURE INTO FRUITION THIS YEAR BY THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD. Mark 4:26-29

PRAYER POINT: FATHER, IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS AND BY YOUR OUTSTRETCHED HAND, REMOVE THE EVIL NAIL USED TO TIE DOWN MY DESTINY AND LET THERE BE SUDDN EMERGENCE OF MY GREATNESS THIS YEAR. Isaiah 22:25, Psalms 71:20-21

SEE YOU AT THE TOPMOST TOP.

REMAIN EVER BLESSED.

JESUS IS LORD.

PST ISRAEL AKINSANYA
pstisraelmeg@gmail.com
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL 

BY DR. PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

FRIDAY, 29TH MAY 2020

TOPIC: WISDOM IN THE FEAR OF THE LORD
SCRIPTURE: The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. Proverbs 9:10

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The fear of the Lord is the entry qualification for the school of wisdom.
Wisdom is a principal thing in life. To avoid losses and regrets in life, wisdom is needed. It is not possible to experience a profitable life in this world without the engagement of wisdom. So, the absence of wisdom is the abundance of losses. 

People lose where wisdom is lacking. People even lose their souls in eternity ending up in hell when they fail to apply their hearts to wisdom.
Throughout Scriptures, there were several men who walked with God, lived very outstanding lives and made impact in their generations by wisdom. People like Jacob, Joseph, David, Daniel and Solomon, etc. were men of wisdom.

Now, in Proverbs 9:10, the Bible says, the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom…
It is worthy of note that the fear of the Lord is the entry qualification for the school of wisdom. Where the fear of the Lord is lacking, access to wisdom is never guaranteed. It is never possible to be qualified as a wise man in this Kingdom without the fear of the Lord.

The reason why there are so many people on earth today with very unprofitable, regrettable behaviour and very regrettable eternity is the absence of the fear of the Lord.

Today, I welcome you to a life of wisdom. If wisdom is your desire, then the fear of the Lord is your entry requirement. The fear of God is also the guarantee that you will live peacefully in this world and enter eternity in heaven.

REMEMBER THIS: The fear of the Lord is the entry qualification for the school of wisdom.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Go to God in prayer and ask Him to impart you with supernatural wisdom.
2. Treasure the knowledge of God and His Word above every other thing in your life.

PRAYER: Lord, I ask for Your Wisdom in order to live a profitable life. Let Your fear be real in my life, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: THE FEAR OF THE LORD – THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM

QUOTE: You cannot arrive at wisdom until you have made the decision to be wise. Culled from WISDOM – LIFE’S GREATEST NECESSITY by Dr Paul Enenche

DAILY BIBLE READING: Psalm 61-63
AMAZING FACT: The chicken is the most common species of bird found in the world.

PROPHETIC WORD/DECLARATION: I decree upon you today a fresh baptism of wisdom in the Name of Jesus Christ.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: FRIDAY 29TH MAY, 2020*

*TOPIC: LORD, TURN THEIR PARTY TO PITY!*
*BASIC SCRIPTURE: GENESIS 37:24-30*

Welcome to today's devotional encounter! I am led to paraphrase Vs. 24 of today's scripture thus: "And they took him, and cast him into a pit. And they sat down to eat bread." And Amos 6:6 says: "

They drink wine in bowls, and anoint themselves with the chief ointments: but they are not grieved for the affliction of Joseph." Amazing! Note the words: *"But they are not grieved for the affliction of Joseph."* *"And they sat down to eat bread."* 

This is utter wickedness! The brothers of Joseph were not grieved; they did not show any remorse for the heartache, pain and agony they afflicted on their brother Joseph. They sat down to eat bread while Joseph was eating his tears in the pit. Oh! That means they threw a party for the downfall of Joseph.

They threw a party because they had concluded that his dreams wold not come to pass. Ah! They sat down to eat and drink because they felt they had captured his destiny. Yes, even after they sold him to Egypt, they continued their partying. And since all truths are parallel, this is exactly what goes on in the realm of the spirit in the hearts of your enemies and sometimes in the physical towards you. 

*Your enemies want to throw a party daily because of you, but they shall fail this year.* The Holy Ghost wants you to know that those planning to party, jubilate, eat and drink over you shall be overtaken with the sword of God. Thus saith the LORD, "I SHALL TURN THEIR PARTY TO PITY THIS YEAR!" Amen and amen! Pray seriously now!

*HARVEST ATTACKERS MUST BE STOPPED NOW!* 24 HOURS TO GO!

*Tomorrow, Saturday May 30th 2020, is (Lagos) Ogudu anointing service. Venue: 8-10, Omotayo Banwo Street, Transformer Bus-stop, Ogudu Orioke, Ogudu, Lagos. Time: 7:30am. Theme: "HARVEST ATTACKERS MUST BE STOPPED."*

*PRAYER POINTS: Take any song of praise as led.*

1. Father, I thank You because after today/tonight, my enemies will not rejoice over me again.
2. LORD, today/tonight, *CUT SHORT* the celebration of those that hate my destiny! O LORD, turn their CELEBRATION to LAMENTATION tonight by fire!
3. LORD, tonight is my night! Turn their PARTY to PITY!
4. O Lord, turn their rejoicing to rejection, their joy to sorrow concerning me and my household.
5. O BLOOD SUCKERS, run mad tonight in Jesus name.
6. Abba Father, send LEANNESS to the souls of those eating and drinking against me.

7. O Divine Earthquake, locate their party grounds today/tonight and swallow them up in Jesus name.
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: PSALM 10-12*
*BY: BISHOP DR. CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/WRITER_
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Thursday, May 28, 2020*

*TOPIC:*MODEL FOR SUCCESSFUL CHRISTIAN LIVING*

*Read: Philippians 3:12-16*

Philippians 3:12-16 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

*MEMORISE: Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:13-14)*

*EXPOSITION*

Paul sees himself as a runner in a race, exerting all his strength and pressing on with intense concentration, in order not to fall short of the goal that Christ has set for his life. 

He had received a glimpse of the glory of heaven and had resolved that his whole life, by the grace of God, would be centred on his determination to press on and someday get to heaven and see Christ face to face (2 Cor. 12:4; 2 Tim. 4:8). Such determination is necessary for all Christians who wish to make heaven.

Paul in this passage reveals the secret for successful Christian living: He first took inventory of his life to discern what could hinder him. He had to let go of all those things he once cherished, considering them distractions to the race. 

Successful Christian living begins with identifying those things that can hinder or distract us.
He determined to pursue the prize of his call with the single-mindedness of an athlete, forgetting the past and looking forward to things that lie ahead. Don't dwell on your past. Instead, grow in the knowledge of God by concentrating on your relationship with Him, now.

To be a successful Christian, we should not allow anything to take our eyes away from our goal (Col. 3:1ff; Heb. 12:2). We must lay aside everything harmful and forsake anything that may distract us from reaching our goal.

*PRAYER POINTS*

1. Lord, the grace to exert all my strength in pursuing the goal set before me, grant me, in Jesus' name.
2. Father, give me the grace to let go of all things that can hinder me in making heaven.
3. Pray for our children in schools - primary, secondary, and tertiary institutions - that God should help them to stop being fascinated by ungodly worldly attractions.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Kings 20 - 21 & 2 Corinthians 4*

*God come to our rescue our soul trust in thee. Amen............ Shalom*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM