The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Thursday 28th May
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 

THURSDAY 28TH MAY

HUMILITY IN SERVING THE LORD

Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble (1 Peter 5:5)

Over the years, I’ve seen highly spiritually gifted Christians, including ministers, whose work turned to emptiness, because they weren’t walking in humility. 

No matter how highly gifted you are, when it’s mixed with pride, it’s not acceptable to God. Your desire should be that whatever you offer to the Lord in ministry and in your service to Him be accepted, being sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Everything you do in the house of God is an offering to Him; your service is a sacrifice to God. But God won’t accept your sacrifice if it’s mixed with selfishness and greed; pomposity, pride and arrogance.

Greatness in the house of God isn’t measured by some results that you have achieved or attained. Our opening verse says, “God resists the proud, but He gives grace to the humble.” Humble yourself. It’s something you must consciously and deliberately practise.

When thoughts of pride arise in your heart, rebuke them. The Bible says, “And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted” (Matthew 23:12). So, you see that it’s either humility or humiliation. 

The Scriptures are replete with stories of those who were proud and how they ended up abased. But God doesn’t want us to go in that direction.
Correct and guide yourself with the Scriptures, with the wisdom of God at all times. 

Being born again, you were born great, and truly great men are always humble. Keep walking in humility, for it’s a great blessing and the pathway to promotion with God.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I’m submissive to the authority, influence and impact of your Word. Pride, arrogance, haughtiness, or egotism have no place in me, for I walk in love and humility, experiencing ever-increasing greatness and unlimited progress in life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 AMPC; 1 Peter 5:5-6

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 13:31-14:1-14; 2 Kings 23-25

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 14:1-9; Proverbs 24

#TALKINGSESSION 

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for giving me Your Word, a material to build my life with, and usher myself into higher levels of glory, promotions, victories, and success. 

As I meditate on the Word, Your wisdom exudes from me, and Your grace causes me to be fruitful and productive in all things, and function excellently. 

Today, I declare that the Lord is the strength of my life; therefore, there's no room for weakness in me. I am sufficient in Christ's sufficiency, and nothing is impossible to me. 

The Lord has set me on high; Glory and honour are in his presence; strength and gladness are in His dwelling! 

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for He's my shield and eternal protection. Hallelujah! 

I am filled with the knowledge of God's Word in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. 

Nothing is a mystery to me, because as I stay with the Word, the Holy Spirit unveils spiritual realities to me, enlightening the eyes of my understanding to know and apprehend my inheritance in Christ!

I live triumphantly today and always because I live by the knowledge of God's Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.

DATE: THURSDAY 28TH MAY, 2020.

THEME: GOD WILL REWARD YOU.

MEMORIZE:
And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.
 Matthew 10:42

BIBLE READING: Matthew 6:1-6 (KJV)

1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Expecting reciprocal help from those you have helped may not be wise. God does not always work that way.

“For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? Do not even the publicans the same?”
Matthew 5:46

In today’s memory verse, Jesus promises a reward to whoever gives a drink to any young defenceless person for the gospel’s sake. This is indeed encouraging and reassuring.

Going by this, as children of God, we must do good to all men, regardless of their affiliations. That way, we will be like our imperial Father who causes the rain to fall and sun to shine on both the good and the evil.

Sometimes ago, a Christian couple fed an unbelieving young man. The gesture eventually made him give his life to Christ. Today, that young man is the founder of a successful Christian organisation with many branches across Nigeria. Imagine the effects of one good deed.

Jesus warned against doing good deeds because of the praise of men (Matthew 6:1-6). For many years, Christians generally adhered to this. However, things are changing really fast today. Some people even publicise their trips to motherless babies’ homes. Jesus say in Matthew 6:2:

“Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward”

The Lord wants you to always do good to your neighbours. This way, you will show you are a true child of your Father. “….he that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he.” (Proverbs 14:21). Follow peace with all men and show kindness to everyone. God will surely reward you.

ACTION POINT:
Look out for the poor in your community and be good to them.

AUTHOR: Pastor E. A. Adeboye.

BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR:
1st Kings 1-2, Psalm 37, 71, 94, 

HYMN 28: THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSING.

1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be season refreshing,
Sent from the Saviour above.

CHORUS:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need;
Mercy drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing:
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.

CHORUS:
Showers of blessing,

3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, Oh Lord!
Grant to us now a refreshing;
Come and now honour Thy Word.

CHORUS:
Showers of blessing,

4. There shall be showers of blessing;
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now, as to God, we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!

CHORUS:
Showers of blessing,

5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
If we let God have His way.

CHORUS:
Showers of blessing,
RESTORATION TODAY

THURSDAY, MAY 28, 2020.

TOPIC: *DIVINE SPEED (3)*

“And David recovered all that the Amalekites had carried away: and David rescued his two wives.” 1 Samuel 30:18.

*MESSAGE*
As we bring our study on divine speed to a close, let us look at two more examples today.

*4.  David*
There is an interesting story in 1 Samuel 30. David's household and his city had been taken captive by the Amalekites. In fact, the people affected were so grieved that they spoke of stoning David. However, David received divine direction and divine speed. "And David recovered all that the Amalekites had carried away: and David rescued his two wives. And there was nothing lacking to them, neither small nor great, neither sons nor daughters, neither spoil, nor any thing that they had taken to them: David recovered all." (1 Samuel 30:18-19). Beloved, I see the same miracle of speedy restoration becoming a reality in your life in Jesus' name.

*5.  Joseph*
In just one day, Joseph graduated from being a prisoner to becoming the prime Minister of Egypt. No promotion could be more speedy! The common thread to both his story and the other stories we've looked at is that they were achieved by God's grace for divine speed. It is one of the benefits we are meant to enjoy by being recipients of the manifold grace of God.

Perhaps you are being overwhelmed by a sense of lost time; be encouraged, all hope is not lost. If you will put your confidence in the Lord, He will surely grant you good speed. When God imparts on you His divine speed, you will outrun all your competitors and recover everything that you might have lost. May you experience such accelerated progress and undeniable advancement that will bring a new song to your mouth in Jesus' name. 

*ACTION POINT*
?️  Which of these two stories (David's and Joseph's) can you relate with? Pray with that.

*SCRIPTURES*
1 Samuel 30:1-19; Genesis 41:41; Acts 7:10; Psalm 105:21.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1.  I receive speedy restoration of all that the enemy has taken away from me in the name of Jesus;

2.  Father, let me experience speedy divine elevation in the name of Jesus;

3.  Father, let my life continue to bring You glory in the name of Jesus.

*THE BIBLE OF THE YEAR*
Deut. 6:1-7. 10, Eccl. 8:1-9. 10, Luke 8:22-39.
BETTER LIFE MESSAGE

DATE : THURSDAY MAY 28, 2020

TOPIC: TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR PAIN

TEXT  : Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

Difficult season is not new to life, it is part of our day to day life. No one ever gets to the topmost top without going through some tough and challenging situations. 

Ask anyone that you will love to be like about their life’s journey, they will tell you out of a sincere heart that, they have been tempted severally to giving up their dreams as a result of seemingly insurmountable challenges and difficult moments.

God may not be the sponsor of your pain but He allowed it to bring the best out of you. In every star there is a hidden scar. In every every Glory there is a story. ‘No story, no glory, no tests, no testimonies.’

Buried inside of your pain is your gain. The mess of your life that is causing you pain and shame today, is a message that will bring you gain tomorrow, if you only know how to handle.

Do you know that light actually came out darkness? - 2Cor 4:6 “For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.”

The truth is that, your pain will either ruin your destiny or it will bring you great gain that 100years of labour cannot achieve, it all depends on how you handle it.

Pain precedes gains and it is actually the labour room where gains are given birth to. Ask a sincere nursing mother that is full of joy today about her experience in the labour room, her response will be ‘personal experience is better than mere explanation’ - John 16:21 “A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.”

There is a seed of divine destiny in every pain. Consider the pains that Joseph and David had to go through  before their public enthronement. Romans 8:28-30

The case of Mary JOHNSON whose only Son was shot dead by a 16years old drunk readily comes to mind, she said this animal  ‘Oshea Israel’ (the murderer) must be caged for life but later had to forgive him and ensure his eventual release from the prison, gave him an apartment in the same building where she lives and now jointly run a Ministry for the prisoners and those with similar experience – 2Cor 1:3-4 “Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God”

HOW TO TURN YOUR PAIN TO GAIN

I.      BE CONVINCED OF YOUR SALVATION – John 3:3-6
II.     PUT YOUR FOCUS ON GOD AND NOT ON MEN – Hebrews 12:2, Psalms 34:5
III.    SEARCH AND STUDY RELEVANT SCRIPTURES – 2Timothy 2:15, Isaiah 34:16,
IV.     MEDITATE AND THINK THROUGH THE SCRIPTURES, TESTIMONIES OF OTHERS AND NOT ON YOUR PAIN – Psalms 1:2-3, Joshua 1:8, Philipians 4:8-9
V.      ASK GOD FOR FORGIVENESS, FORGIVE OTHERS AND PARTICULARLY FORGIVE YOURSELF – 1John 1:8-9, Mark 11:24-26, Ephesians 4:32, Colossians 3:13, Hebrews 12:14-15
VI.     FIND ENOUGH REASONS TO THANK, PRAISE AND WORSHIP GOD IN THE MIDST OF YOUR PAIN – 1Thessalonians 5:18, Ephesians 5:20
VII.    ASK GOD FOR WISDOM ON THE NEXT STEP TO TAKE – James 1:5, Proverbs 4:7
The difference between those turning their pain to gains and those going down with their pain are essentially that of ignorance of what to do, time usage, perceptions, response to pain and who they turn to.

IF YOU WILL NOT GIVE UP ON GOD, HE WILL SURELY TURN EVERYTHING FOR YOUR GOOD BY GIVING YOU A TESTIMONY THAT WILL MAKE YOUR JOY TO BE FULL – Romans 8:28, Luke 21:13
PRAYER POINT: FATHER, IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS, SMITE WITH THUNDER AND FIRE WITHOUT MERCY ALL HUMAN AGENTS OF THE DEVIL TRADING THE GLORY OF MY DESTINY AND LET THEM COLLAPSE AND DIE THEREBY 

TURNING MY PAIN TO GAIN – Psalms 11:6, Luke 21:13, Genesis 50:20

SEE YOU AT THE TOPMOST TOP.

REMAIN EVER BLESSED.

JESUS IS LORD.

PST ISRAEL AKINSANYA
pstisraelmeg@gmail.com
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL

BY DR. PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

THURSDAY, 28TH MAY 2020

TOPIC: CREATED FOR A PURPOSE

SCRIPTURE: Then the word of the Lord came to me saying before I formed thee in the belle I knew thee and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. Jeremiah 1:4-5

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: If you were not needed, you would not have been created.

Previously, we have established that the destiny of man is God’s decision and design. God created man with the intention to fulfil purpose and destiny. We looked at some implications of our anchor scripture, and today, we shall be looking at more implications of it:

a) You were created because you were needed. This means that if you were not needed, you would not have been created. It does not matter who thinks you are insignificant, God who made you created you because you are needed.
b) Your value is not determined by the earth. Your value was decided by your Maker. So, if you want to understand how valuable you are, look up to your Maker.
c) There is a place for you on earth. That is right! There is a place for you on earth and a work for you to do. Every invitation is preceded by preparation. God invited you to this world and that invitation was preceded by His preparation.
d) A major key to the fulfilment of your destiny is your alignment with the Almighty, your Creator. Getting to know God’s mind and His plan for your life so you can live out the plan is critical to the fulfilment of your destiny. Studying God’s manual for living, which is the Bible and spending time with Him in fellowship are very important for your destiny fulfilment.

Beloved, to be independent of God is to be inefficient in life. It does not matter how successful a person looks, if that person is independent of God, he will be incompetent in life. And the more buoyant your relationship with God, the more vibrant your destiny will be on earth.

REMEMBER THIS: If you were not needed, you would not have been created.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Appreciate God for creating you for a purpose and giving you the opportunity to fulfil that purpose on the earth.
2. Stay close to God through reading and studying the Word of God and praying in the Spirit.

PRAYER: O Lord, thank You for creating me for Your purpose. I receive the grace to align myself with You for both the discovery and fulfilment of Your purpose for my life, Lord, in Jesus Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: UNVEILING DESTINY

QUOTE: If you do not like the garment you are wearing, you must determine to change it. Culled from WHO ARE YOU? by Dr Paul Enenche

DAILY BIBLE READING: Psalm 58-60

AMAZING FACT: There are around 10,000 different species of birds worldwide.

PROPHETIC WORD/DECLARATION: Your destiny shall not be derailed. Your purpose in God shall not be abused in Jesus’ Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: THURSDAY 28TH MAY, 2020*

*TOPIC: THE PRINCIPLES OF "PUT MORE"; YOUR HATERS ARE WATCHING!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: DANIEL 6:1-15*

I am led to share this again as a warning to 34,498 ODM users today! Ecclesiastes 10:10 says: "If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he *put to more strength:* but *STRENGTH!"*

The principle of "PUT MORE" STRENGTH is as follows: For example, if you were producing 100 school bags and God blesses you and you started producing 400 bags, it mean you have grown four times. 

When this happens, unfortunately, envy for you will also increase four times. *So, the higher you go in life, the higher and stronger your enemies will become.*

Therefore, as your business, career, job, children, finances, ministry, etc, is growing, double your prayer life, Bible study and walk with God also.

*The higher you go in life, family and ministry etc, you need to double your prayer also.* If you were fasting once a week at a particular level of growth or success, your once-a-week fast might not be able to sustain or carry you in your current higher level of growth. So as your life is growing, as your business, career, marriage is growing, as your children are growing academically etc, you need to also double your prayer life so that your enemies will not rejoice over you. 

*Do you know that many people are waiting to see you come down?* The Bible says that "When Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed" (Vs. 10). Go and do likewise! Prayer is your elevation key! Peace!

*HARVEST ATTACKERS MUST BE STOPPED NOW! 48 HOURS TO GO!*

*This Saturday May 30th 2020, is (Lagos) Ogudu anointing service. Venue: 8-10, Omotayo Banwo Street, Transformer Bus-stop, Ogudu Orioke, Ogudu, Lagos. Time: 7:30am. Theme: "HARVEST ATTACKERS MUST BE STOPPED."*

*PRAYER POINTS: Take any song of victory as led.*
1. In your own words, pray about today's word as led now.
2. LORD, my haters shall not slow me down this year in Jesus name.
3. I refuse to be weary in prayer. LORD, baptize the spirit of prayer!
4. O LORD, they did not prevail over Daniel. My haters shall be ashamed in Jesus name.
5. PRAY FOR ALL THAT CONCERNS YOU TODAY!
6. LORD, scatter their conspiracies by fire in Jesus name *(Pray it seriously).*

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: PSALM 7-9*
*BY: BISHOP DR. CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE 
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Thursday, May 28, 2020*

*TOPIC:**MODEL FOR SUCCESSFUL CHRISTIAN LIVING*

*Read: Philippians 3:12-16*

Philippians 3:12-16 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

*MEMORISE: Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:13-14)*

*EXPOSITION*

Paul sees himself as a runner in a race, exerting all his strength and pressing on with intense concentration, in order not to fall short of the goal that Christ has set for his life. 

He had received a glimpse of the glory of heaven and had resolved that his whole life, by the grace of God, would be centred on his determination to press on and someday get to heaven and see Christ face to face (2 Cor. 12:4; 2 Tim. 4:8). Such determination is necessary for all Christians who wish to make heaven.

Paul in this passage reveals the secret for successful Christian living: He first took inventory of his life to discern what could hinder him. He had to let go of all those things he once cherished, considering them distractions to the race. 

Successful Christian living begins with identifying those things that can hinder or distract us.
He determined to pursue the prize of his call with the single-mindedness of an athlete, forgetting the past and looking forward to things that lie ahead. Don't dwell on your past. Instead, grow in the knowledge of God by concentrating on your relationship with Him, now.

To be a successful Christian, we should not allow anything to take our eyes away from our goal (Col. 3:1ff; Heb. 12:2). We must lay aside everything harmful and forsake anything that may distract us from reaching our goal.

*PRAYER POINTS*

1. Lord, the grace to exert all my strength in pursuing the goal set before me, grant me, in Jesus' name.
2. Father, give me the grace to let go of all things that can hinder me in making heaven.
3. Pray for our children in schools - primary, secondary, and tertiary institutions - that God should help them to stop being fascinated by ungodly worldly attractions.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Kings 20 - 21 & 2 Corinthians 4*
*God come to our rescue our soul trust in thee. Amen............ Shalom*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM