The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Saturday 23rd May
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 

SATURDAY 23RD MAY.

HE’S THE ONLY WAY OUT

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12).

There’re three kinds of sin. The first one is inherited sin. The Bible says, “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned” (Romans 5:12). 

The sin of Adam was passed to all men. Everyone that came from Adam became an heir of Adam’s transgression. How terrible! But that’s the reality.

The second one is “imputed sin.” Imputed sin is based on Law, and you may not be the guilty one. In Joshua 7, we read how the children of Israel paid dearly for the sin committed by just one man, Achan. Having recently conquered a greater nation, the children of Israel were preparing to go wipe out a smaller one. 

Before going to capture Jericho, God had instructed them, “When you get to that place, don’t keep anything that’s theirs; destroy everything” (Joshua 7:11 AMPC).

But Achan took a coat and other items, and hid them for himself (Joshua 7:20-21). And the result? 

The whole country (Israel) lost the battle. The man’s sin was imputed to the whole country. Aside the inheritance, Adam’s transgression was also imputed to all men. You didn’t have to be guilty personally; it’s a class sin; everybody becomes part of it. It’s like when the President of your country signs a bad deal or initiates a bad policy; it affects the entire nation.

The third class of sin is “personal sin.” This is the one that you committed by yourself. Clearly, everyone born into this world has the sin-nature and requires salvation.

If a man says he’s free from personal sin, how about inherited sin, and or imputed sin? But thanks be unto God! Salvation—the deliverance of man from his fallen nature and the depravity of sin and its effects, the recreation of his spirit and the restoration of fellowship with God—is possible and available through Jesus Christ! He’s the only way out!

This is why we preach the Gospel; that all men may believe in Jesus Christ and receive remission of sins and the life and nature of God. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Lord, thank you for the privilege to receive the Gospel which is your power to save, heal and deliver. I pray for the unconverted in the world, that the scales would fall off their eyes to recognize their sins, and accept your provision for remission in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Acts 13:38-39 ASV; Romans 10:9-10

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 11:1-16; 2 Kings 10-12

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 11:30-34; Proverbs 19

#TALKINGSESSION

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.
Dear Heavenly Lord, I am grateful and honoured for the privilege to be a minister of reconciliation. 

Through me, many are coming to the knowledge of the Gospel of Christ, which You’ve graciously committed to my trust. 

My passion for the Gospel is fuelled more than ever before, and I dedicate my all to ensuring that Your righteousness is established in the hearts of men, all around the world. 

I am conscious that I am of God, and have overcome the world, because greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. I am a God-man; one in whom Christ dwells. 

I am God-inside minded; therefore, I have nothing to fear. I am born of God! I am a world overcomer. I

have overcome the world with its troubles, failures, and darkness; I have overcome every power, every force, and everything that is against me. 

It doesn't matter what's out there in the world; I have overcome them all because Christ lives in me. I dwell in peace and safety; I am of good cheer because Christ overcame the world for me. 

I acknowledge and walk in the reality of my divine life in Christ; who Christ has made me, and all that He's bequeathed to me. I reign and rule over circumstances. 

I refuse and reject anything inconsistent with the life of Christ in me. The evidence of the indwelling presence of Christ is seen in the quality of life I live. 

I am living and enjoying the higher life in Christ, and my life is a testimony to those around me that indeed, there's a higher life in Christ. 

Thank You, Lord, for the indestructible and unconquerable life of Christ in me. Everything I am and represent exudes the Christ-life. 

I walk in God's wisdom, and triumphantly fulfil His perfect will, manifesting His virtues and perfections, in Jesus’ Name. Amen. Hallelujah!

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SATURDAY 23RD MAY 2020.

THEME: OLDER, NOT WEAKER.

MEMORISE:

There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed. Isaiah 65:20

READ: Isaiah 65:20-23

20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.

Are you aware that your strength can reman intact even as you grow old? According to Deuteronomy 34:7, Moses was One hundred and twenty years old, yet had 20/20 vision and was not weak.

Isaiah 65:20 says young child will die at age of one hundred year. Just imagine that if in the church when we say, “We lost a child” we are talking of someone aged One Hundred years. That is the promise of God. Joshua 14:10, 11 says:
“…..and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old. As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in.”

In the verse above, Caleb said, at eighty-five he was still as strong as he was at forty. He could still fight battles! Compare your age to that of his and see if it is normal to feel weak. God will renew your youth like the eagles’ in the mighty name of Jesus (Psalm 103:5)!

No matter your age, sickness has no place in your body because it is still the temple of God (Corinthians 6:19). The devil has deceived many of us with the idea that certain sicknesses are typical for old people. It is a big lie. My Bible tells me that I am healed by the stripes of Jesus. it didn’t say that l will enjoy healing when I am fifty. It will work for me all through life. So, I decree: no sickness can stay in your body in the mighty name of Jesus.

Now, with age comes wisdom and discipline- wisdom to eat only what is right and discipline to stay away from eating anything that would hurt you. As an adult with experience, the effects of diabetics you have seen should keep you from consuming sugar. You should have seen people die of cancer so much so that you know consuming organic food is better than processed ones with chemicals in them.

If you are faithful in playing your part to stay healthy, just leave the rest to God. He is faithful to keep you strong.

PRAYER POINT:

Let’s pray for our leaders that as their days are, so shall their strength be.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 108-110

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 23: ONWARD, CHRISTIAN SOLDIER.

1. Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus going on before.
Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
Forward into battle see His banners go!
o Refrain:
Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus going on before.

2. At the sign of triumph Satan’s host doth flee;
On then, Christian soldiers, on to victory!
Hell’s foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
Brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.

3. Like a mighty army moves the church of God;
Brothers, we are treading where the saints have trod.
We are not divided, all one body we,
One in hope and doctrine, one in charity.

4. Crowns and thrones may perish, kingdoms rise and wane,
But the church of Jesus constant will remain.
Gates of hell can never ’gainst that church prevail;
We have Christ’s own promise, and that cannot fail.

5. Onward then, ye people, join our happy throng,
Blend with ours your voices in the triumph song.
Glory, laud, and honor unto Christ the King,
This through countless ages men and angels sing.
RESTORATION TODAY

SATURDAY, MAY 23, 2020.

TOPIC: *DIVINE PROGRESS (1)*

“Arise ye, and depart; for this is not your rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy you, even with a sore destruction.” Micah 2:10.

*MESSAGE*
God is interested in moving His people forward. He wants us to make steady progress in life-this is part of the package we receive when we submit to His Lordship and become adopted into His family. His grace not only saves us from sin, but also empowers us to move forward in life.

God has his own ways of moving His people to the next level. It is never His plan that His people be stagnated in life. We see this readily in God’s dealing with the Israelites (Exodus 6:1). God wanted to move them out of slavery so that they could be free to serve Him. Years later, when the people refuse to advance as God intended after they left Egypt, God said to them, “Ye have compassed this mountain long enough, turn you northward (Deuteronomy 2:3). 

There is someone reading this who needs to hear that there is a higher place waiting for you. The turbulence you are going through now is an indication that you are long overdue for a change.

You must keep moving because you need to create space for those coming behind you. Sometimes the things that seem to be pursuing you are simply helping you to arrive at your destination earlier than you planned.

Prophet Micah says “Arise ye, and depart; for this is not your rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy you, even with a sore destruction.” (Micah 2:10).
It is dangerous to remain on one spot because after some time, your celebrated success can become polluted. God is against everything that is opposed to His program for your life. The word of God to you says, “Go forward!” What are you waiting for?

*ACTION POINT*
 Take stock of your life; in what areas are you stagnant? Ask God for divine enablement to make progress.

*SCRIPTURES*
Exodus 6:1; Deuteronomy 2:3; Micah 2:10; Exodus 14:15.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1.  Father, thank you for the Grace to be forward;

2.  I declare an end to stagnation in every area of my life in the name of Jesus

3.  Father, take me to the higher ground you have prepared for me in the name of Jesus.

*THE BIBLE OF THE YEAR*
Deut. 1, Eccl. 1:1-2. 10, Luke 6:1-19.
BETTER LIFE MESSAGE

DATE : SATURDAY MAY 23, 2020

TOPIC: THE BOOK OF REMEMBRANCE  (PART 2)

TEXT  : 2Samuel 9:1-7 “And David said, Is there yet any that is left of the house of Saul, that I may shew him kindness for Jonathan's sake? And there was of the house of Saul a servant whose name was Ziba. And when they had called him unto David, the king said unto him, Art thou Ziba? And he said, Thy servant is he. And the king said, Is there not yet any of the house of Saul, that I may shew the kindness of God unto him? And Ziba said unto the king, Jonathan hath yet a son, which is lame on his feet. And the king said unto him, Where is he? And Ziba said unto the king, Behold, he is in the house of Machir, the son of Ammiel, in Lodebar.

Then king David sent, and fetched him out of the house of Machir, the son of Ammiel,
from Lodebar. Now when Mephibosheth, the son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, was come unto David, he fell on his face, and did reverence. And David said, Mephibosheth. And he answered, Behold thy servant!

And David said unto him, Fear not: for I will surely shew thee kindness for Jonathan thy father's sake, and will restore thee all the land of Saul thy father; and thou shalt eat bread at my table continually.”

There is no condition of life that is design to last forever. Every issue of concern has an expiry date and that is why you must never allow your situation to lure you into depression because your condition now is not your portion in Christ. Everything of value looses value in the sight of the depressed including his own life and that is the reason why we have many suicide cases globally today. Our God has answers and solutions to life’s questions and problems the magnitude notwithstanding – Proverbs 23:18, 2Cor 4:16-18, Psalms 30:5

The life of Prince Mephibosheth, the grandson of King Saul is a very good example to draw a lesson from,  that our case is not over until it is over. He became lame on his feet when he was five years old because he fell from the hand of his nurse and to worsen his case, he ended up in Lodebar ‘the land of the forgotten ones’ – 2Samuel 4:4

I don’t know who you are that is reading this message, no matter the area of life that you are presently challenged (career, business, academics, family, marriage, marital relationship, health etc), God will visit you this weekend, wipe away your secret tears and give you a new song to sing.
 All you need for your joy to come in the morning is for God to open your book of remembrance, the moment it is opened, no devil can stand your turnaround testimonies.

To many people, Mephibosheth’s case was a closed case, but when God steps in, the devil stepped out of his life and the king sent for him and all that he lost to the death of his grandfather and his father was restored by the word of king David – Proverbs 8:4, 2Samuel 9:9-13

WHAT TO DO TO ENJOY OPEN BOOK OF REMEMBRANCE?

1.      Render acceptable service to God continually – Malachi 3:16-18
2.      Be committed to tithing – Malachi 3:8-10
3.      Do good at all times to all people – Galatians 6:10, Hebrews 13:16

Learn to relieve people of their burdens and don’t add to them. It was the kindness of Jonathan to David that Mephibosheth reaped – 2Samuel 9:1
4.      Contend against the power of darkness and their human agents to force your book of remembrance open on the altar of prayer and fasting – Esther 4:15-17, 6:1-3, Luke 18:1

5.      Rear an altar of sacrifice for your book of remembrance to be opened – Psalms 20:1-4, 126:1-6, Acts 10:4

We serve a God of overnight and sudden intervention that specializes in changing the stories of the helpless, neglected, abandoned and forgotten.

Always remember that, all it takes for you to sing a new song is God with His human agents, and He can organize your healing, deliverance, financial breakthrough and change your story right now by breaking the sleep and withdrawing the joy of someone relevant in position of authority and then plant your name and your image in his heart after the order of Mephibosheth – 2Samuel 9:1, Esther 6:1-3

PRAYER POINT: Father, in the mighty name of Jesus, arise for my sudden change of story as you plant my name and my image in both the conscious and subconscious mind of someone in position of authority this weekend and let it result in an unending celebration in my family – Psalms 126:1-3, 2Samuel 9:1-5, 9-10, 13, Esther 6:1-3, 10-11

SEE YOU AT THE TOPMOST TOP.

REMAIN EVER BLESSED.

JESUS IS LORD.

PST ISRAEL AKINSANYA
pstisraelmeg@gmail.com
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL 

BY DR. PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

SATURDAY, 23RD MAY 2020

TOPIC: THE PROFIT OF LIVING RESPONSIBLY

SCRIPTURE: Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. Ecclesiastes 9:10

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: To live well is to give life everything you have got.

Life on the earth is terminal, not eternal. Time hurries you into the future without your permission. Tomorrow will come whether you are ready for it or not. The best time to use what you have is while you are alive. Any knowledge or wisdom you have is to be deployed while you are alive.

To live well is to give life everything you have got. Whatever you are doing per time, give it everything you have got. To live excitedly, you must live responsibly. In order to do what God wants you to do with your life within the space of time you have, you must live impactfully.

Now, what is the profit of living responsibly?
From the experience of Joseph in Egypt, we can see the following:

1. Responsibility brings opportunity.
Responsibility will do for you what job cannot do. Those who work only for salary never gain opportunities in life.
2. Responsibility brings authority.
A responsible person will attain authority in life. If God sees that you are qualified for promotion, nothing can stop you. Productivity counts far more than longevity.
3. Responsibility unveils possibilities.
What does not appear possible becomes possible because someone is responsible.
4. Responsibility is the way of results.
Responsibility is the assignment of man but the result is the assignment of God.
5. Responsibility is the way of royalty.
Responsibility confers upon the responsible, royalty and dominion.

Beloved, make up your mind to be responsible. Embrace the lifestyle of diligence and you shall fulfil your days on earth in Jesus Name.

REMEMBER THIS: To live well is to give life everything you have got.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Never evade responsibilities.
2. Carry out your responsibilities faithfully in order to reap the benefits.

PRAYER: Lord, I ask for the grace to carry out my assignments and responsibilities faithfully, in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: LIVING RESPONSIBLY

QUOTE: If you desire a future, do not seek status, seek service. Culled from CAREER AND WORKPLACE WISDOM by Dr Paul Enenche
DAILY BIBLE READING: Psalm 43-45

AMAZING FACT: An adult Hippopotamus needs to resurface every 3–5mins to breathe. The process of surfacing and breathing is automatic, and even a hippo sleeping underwater will rise and breathe without waking.

PROPHETIC WORD/DECLARATION: Proceed into your realms of authority and royalty as you embrace responsibility in Jesus’ Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: SATURDAY 23RD MAY, 2020*

*TOPIC: THE WAY UP IS DOWN!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: PROVERBS 11:1-11*

It was WILLIAM SHAKESPARE in his novel “As You Like It” _that quipped and screamed:_ *“My pride fell with my fortunes.”* Indeed, as CHARLES CALEB COLTON noted: “Pride, like the magnet, constantly points to one object, self; but unlike the magnet, it has no attractive pole, but at all points repels.”

A wise man noted also, “Through pride we are ever deceiving ourselves. But deep down below the surface of the average conscience a still, small voice says to us, ‘something is out of tune.” There are two kinds of pride, both good an bad. ‘Good pride’ represents our dignity and self-respect. ‘Bad pride’ is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance” (John Maxwell).

We rise in glory as we sink in pride because in spiritual things, THE WAY UP IS DOWN! Proverbs 16:18 is so loud: “Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.” Then Proverbs 11:2 is so hot on this: 

“When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.” *Pride is the father of shame! Humility is the father of fame!* Oh, still hear from Proverbs 15:33: “The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.” HUMILITY always goes ahead of honour! If you see a HUMBLE man or woman, you can accurately predict his/her next “bus-stop” in life: GREAT HONOUR AVENUE!

Ah! Never forget that the PROUD FORMER WBC CHAMPION BOXER, Mr. Wilder, who mocked his opponent by using the name of God as a joke, discovered that shame is the last ground for the proud! 

Remember also that pride is the worst viper that is in the herat, the greatest disturber of the soul’s peace and sweet communion with Christ; it was the first sin that ever was, and lies lowest in the foundation of satan’s whole building, is the most difficult to root out, is the most hidden, secret and deceitful of all lusts, and often creeps in insensibly, into the midst of religion and sometimes under the guise of humility.

Indeed, proud people breed sad sorrow for themselves! Avoid pride and determine to honour God by your daily humility! Be the first to apologize! See for low jobs in the house of God! Avoid seeking to be known or heard! You own is your own and your own will locate you when you are humble! Always remember: You are dust!

SEND THAT TESTIMONY NOW - If you have a testimony from laying of hands, Agreement page, praying with mantles or wearing of my suit, etc, kindly send them to: orderodm@gmail.com;
Pain will end Tears will be dry Situation will change
He is a living God
Just believe.

ACCOUNT FOR SEED SOWING, TITHES, CHARITY, OFFERING.
GUARANTEED TRUST BANK (GTB) 0536832754.
NAME: MANNA OUR
REMAIN BLESSED.

*PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 1: When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder…*

1. Pray on today’s word as led now.
2. Thank you Lord for reminding me that I am dust again!
3. Pride goeth before destruction! I repent from wanting to be seen or heard! I repent from struggling for position and criticizing others!
4. THE WAY UP IS DOWN! I choose to avoid the way of LUCIFER: PRIDE, as I go out today!
5. Pray in Tongues now as led.
6.Pray for your local church workers today as led. FORGIVE PEOPLE in your family!

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: JOB 32-34*
*BY: BISHOP DR. CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/WRITER_

*SONG 1: WHEN THE ROLL IS CALLED UP YONDER*

1. When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound, and time shall be no more,
And the morning breaks, eternal, bright and fair
When the saved of earth shall gather over on the other shore,
And the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there.

*REFRAIN:*

_When the roll, is called up yon-der,_
_When the roll is called up yonder I'll be there_

2. On that bright and cloudless morning when the dead in Christ shall rise,
And the glory of His resurrection share
When His chosen ones shall gather to their home beyond the skies,

3. Let us labour for the Master from the dawn till setting sun,
Let us talk of all His wondrous love and care
Then when all of life is over, and our work on earth is done,
CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Saturday, May 23, 2020*

*TOPIC:**GOD'S KINDNESS*
*Read: Titus 3:3-8*

Titus 3:3-8 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

*MEMORISE: Then the king said, "Is there not still someone of the house of Saul, to whom I may show the kindness of God?" (2 Samuel 9:3)*

*EXPOSITION*

Kindness is more than just loving people. It is loving people more than they deserve, that is, 'going the extra mile'. It is grace put into action. Titus 3:3-6 describes God's kindness to man. Verse 3 describes man as foolish, disobedient, serving various lusts and pleasures..., hateful and hating one another. '

But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit' (verse 4-5). God's kindness therefore refers to God's goodness in action. It is God's goodness expressed in deeds of kindness towards man. It is God's goodness prompted in grace and tenderness and compassion.

The kindness that King David showed to Mephibosheth, and the events revealed in the story of 2 Samuel 9, are a type, or picture of God's kindness, or God's "goodness in action" towards mankind. Most kings in David's days tried to wipe out the families of their rivals or predecessors, most especially, those they don't like, because they've done them some bad things, in order to prevent any descendants of such from seeking the throne. But David showed kindness to Mephibosheth, a descendant of King Saul, his arch-rival, who sought his life till his (Saul's) death.

Man's disobedience and sin did not hinder the flow of God's goodness (Neh. 9:17; Rom. 5:8). Paul in Titus 3:3-8, summarised what Christ does for us when He saved us. We moved from a life full of sin to one where we are led by God's Spirit. All our sins are washed away. We gain eternal life with all its treasures. All these are through God's kindness. He therefore admonished those that believe in God to be careful to maintain good works.

*PRAYER POINTS*

1. Lord, grant me the grace to show Your kindness to people around me.
2. Father, give me the spirit of humility to forgive those who do me evil, even as You forgive me my sins.
3. Lord, give our leaders, spiritual and political, the heart of humility to show Your kindness to those under them.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Kings 11 & 1 Corinthians 14*

**God let mankind experience your peace again in Jesus name. Amen...........Shalom*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM