The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Friday 15th May
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 

FRIDAY 15TH MAY.

GLORIFIED IN HIM

Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified (Romans 8:30).

Jesus Christ is the effulgence of the Father’s glory, the express image of His Person (Hebrews 1:3). And that’s exactly what He’s made us; we’ve been glorified in Him. He said in John 17:22, “And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one.”

The Christian is the fruit of Christ’s suffering. The Bible talks about the glory that should follow His sufferings (1 Peter 1:11); we’re that glory; the joy He saw that made Him endure the Cross and despise the shame (Hebrews 12:2).

Thus, for the Christian, there’s no more shame, because Jesus already bore your shame. He paid the price for you to live a glorious life. Everything required for your success has been consummated. He died so you can live a life of honour, dignity and excellence. Hallelujah!

The most beautiful part of His vicarious death is that it didn’t end with the grave. He rose triumphantly back to life on the third day.

Blessed be God! Just as death couldn’t hold Him, nothing today can hinder your glorious life in Him. If you couldn’t walk, rise up and walk! Walk out of that sickness, for the glory has come: Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27).

This is the Gospel of Jesus Christ! He’s brought us victory, success, health and prosperity. He’s brought us into His glory and ordained us to manifest the same in the earth: 

“But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light” (1 Peter 2:9).

CONFESSION

My life is the manifestation and testimony of God’s grace and glory; His wisdom and righteousness are revealed and evident in me. I’m His light in a dark world, and I impact my world with the righteousness of God in my spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

1 Peter 2:9 AMPC; John 17:22 AMPC

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 7:1-24; 1 Kings 15-17

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 9:11-19; Proverbs 11

#TALKINGSESSION 

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for the ministry of the Word in my life. Thank You for the life I have in Christ—a life of victory, progress, and success every day. 

I prosper and excel in all things as I meditate on the Word, and act on it. I win always because Christ has been made unto me wisdom, and that wisdom which is my unparalleled advantage is at work in me mightily. 

I am an offspring of the Word, and the Word has imparted the life and nature of God in me. I am not ordinary; I’ve put on the image of the heavenly, and my affections are set on things above. 

I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms, far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name in this world, and in the world to come. 

I yield to the ministry of the Word and its power to instill in me the right perception and mindset. I bring forth good things from within my spirit today. 

I am in sync with the Word; for it’s the food for my spirit, and it’s medicine to my physical body. I am transformed today and positioned to deal wisely in all my affairs because 

God’s Word regulates my thoughts and actions; and as I yield to the lordship of the Word, my profiting appears to all, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
*OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.*

*DATE: FRIDAY 15TH MAY, 2020.*

*THEME: HEAVEN ON EARTH*

*MEMORISE:*
Nevertheless let every one of you in. particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband. Ephesians 5:33

*READ: Ephesians 5:21-25 (KJV)*

21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

*"Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.” 1st Peter 3:7*

It is not God’s will for His children to do so well across many areas of life and then fall in their marriage. He wants us all to have successful Christian homes.

Today, we shall look at the secrets of making your marriage heaven on earth.

Firstly, the couple must respect each other’s opinion even in controversial matters. Nobody has a monopoly on wisdom; hence they must be able to counsel each other. A man should never feel that his wife cannot give godly counsel. What is deficient in the husband may abound in the wife and vice versa.

Secondly, the wife must submit to the lordship of her husband. Some women have been misled by modern concepts to think submission is stupidity or slavery; this is not true. Obedience to God’s word – no matter how illogical, brings success in life, including marriage.

Years ago, one of my daughter-in-Christs came in for counselling because of cracks in her marriage. I realised she was arrogant, and the Lord asked me to tell her to be submissive to her husband. She disagreed, saying she was just as educated as he. When the crisis in her home persisted and I would offer no alternative, she complied and peace returned.

Thirdly, the husband must love his wife unconditionally. Don’t love her because of what you can gain from her; rather, love her selflessly as Jesus loves the Church. 

This is the only way to guarantee success in marriage (Ephesians 5:25). Jesus loves us with all our imperfections and is still working to perfect the saints for the last day.

With the foundational truths and other lessons the Holy Spirit will teach as we study the word of God on marriage, every believing couple can rest assured of a home that is heaven on earth.

*PRAYER POINT:*
Father, let my home be like heaven on earth, in the mighty name of Jesus.

*AUTHOR: PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE*

*BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:*
Psalm 3-4, 12-13, 28, 55,

*HYMN 6 – GOD GIVE US CHRISTIAN HOMES*

1. God give us Christian homes
Homes where the Bible is loved and taught
Homes where the Master’s will is sought
Homes crowned with beauty Thy love hath wrought
God give us Christian homes
God give us Christian homes.

2. God give us Christian homes
Homes where the father is true and strong
Homes that are free from the blight of wrong
Homes that are joyous with love and song

3. God give us Christian homes
Homes where the mother in queenly quest
Strives to show others Thy way is best
Homes where the Lord is an honoured guest.

4. God give us Christian homes
Homes where the children are led to know
Christ in His beauty who loves them so
Homes where the altar fire burn and glow
RESTORATION TODAY

FRIDAY, MAY 15, 2020.

TOPIC: *IN HARD TIMES*

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. A time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance."   Ecclesiastes  3:1, 4.

*MESSAGE*

There is a songwriter who wrote: " The God of the mountain is still the God in the valley. . . the God of the good time is still God in the bad times. The God of the day is still God in the night." In all, God is still God when seasons and times change. That's why He assured us that all things (good or bad) work for our good. God doesn't go on vacations; He is always there.

There is only one thing God is concerned with in hard times: that our faith should not fail. Peter was about to be thrown out by the devil, but Jesus said, "I have prayed that thy faith should not fail. (Luke 22:32). 

Notice that Jesus did not say to Peter that you will not fall into the temptation, His prayer for Peter, however, is that his faith should not fail after the temptation (which was fulfilled). Apostle Paul on the other hand was humbled by a thorn in his body, and God said, "My grace is sufficient unto you." (2 Corinthians 12:9). God did not say to Paul, be healed!

Temptations are meant to bring us closer to God and never to put us away from Him. The Bible says that the righteous shall fall, but shall rise again. (Micah 7:8). God does not want you to remain in the negative side of the situation. Cheer up for after rain comes sunshine.

*ACTION POINT*
?️   Challenges are opportunities to grow your emotion and spiritual life.

*SCRIPTURES*
Hebrews 11:3-30.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1.  Pray for strength to survive in had times.

2.  Pray for wisdom and knowledge to scale through in hard times.

3.  Pray for believers who are having hard times.

*THE BIBLE OF THE YEAR*
Num. 26:52-27.23, Prov. 23:12-35, Luke 1:57-80.
BETTER LIFE MESSAGE

DATE : FRIDAY MAY 15, 2020

TOPIC: DARE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE (PART 10)

TEXT  : ISAIAH 60:1-3 – “Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee. And the gentiles shall come to thy, and kings to the brightness of your rising.”

Suffering in any form is not biblical hence, it is not of God, because our daily walk in Christ Jesus is eternally ordained to be much more better than when we first met Him at redemption. 

That you are being persecuted for your faith is not equal to suffering. What most people called suffering is actually the hardness that comes as we become a soldier of Christ and you can no longer live your life the same old way before you got born again - John 10:10

However, it is very possible for one to suffer for wrong doing, but if it appears as if you are suffering doing the right thing, we are expected to endure it because Jesus our perfect example endured all things for our sakes not because of what He did wrong – 2Timothy 2:1-6

If you truly suffer as a child of God, it is basically your ignorance or that of your shortcomings to the rules of the new kingdom you now belong to.
Remember that the love of God to mankind are without conditions but His blessings and promises are with conditions, you meet the conditions then you are qualified for the blessings – 1John 3:16, 4:9-10, John 3:16, Isaiah 1:19, Job 36:11-12

We are redeemed as ambassador of Christ to represent the light wherever we stay, work and go per time.

Meaning that the light of the word of God in us is what we are expected to use to stop all the activities of the power of darkness around us. To run away from the devil and all his activities out of fear is like a lion running away from a dog out of fear.

Your presence in that neighborhood, that compound, that family, that organization should be a plus and not a minus. How can the organization where you work collapse without you effecting a turnaround.

Nothing is expected to die in the hand and around the redeemed that is conscious of the light that he or she carries. Therefore, let your light shine before men so that they can glorify your father which is in heaven – Matthew 5:16

HOW TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

10.     THE PLACE OF COMPASSION AND SPIRITUAL HUNGER - Jude 1:22 “And of some have compassion, making a difference:”

Making a difference simply means touching lives and affecting your world positively where you are, with what you have, your  words and your actions. What you have does not have to be big before you can make a difference, you can always begin from where you are and what is available with you including your gifts and talents. Do not look at the gain at the expense of the impact.

However, no one can make difference beyond the depth of his compassion. We all need the grace of God and the anointing of the Holy Spirit to make a difference, but a compassionate heart with spiritual hunger is fundamentally required to flow in the grace and the anointing that makes the difference. 

The depth of our compassion and spiritual hunger is what determines how much of God’s Grace and the anointing that will be available for you to manifest. Until you are moved from within by the problems of others, you cannot move God to act on your behalf for them.

Compassion is the ability to put yourself in the shoes of other’s pain in order to reach out unto them for a change of story. It was compassion that made JOSEPH to interpreters dreams for Pharaohs servants in the Prison, compassion moved Moses to leave the Palace and endure afflictions with the people of God, Nehemiah wept for hardship that the remnants in Jerusalem and the wall that has been burnt down and he chose to forsake the enjoyment in the king’s palace and dare to rebuild the wall of Jerusalem, Daniel, Shaderach, Meshach and Abednego cried unto God for the interpretation of the dream to Nebuchadnezzar in order to rescue the wise from being slaughtered. 

The unimaginable exploits in tangible miracles, signs and wonders of our Lord Jesus Christ and the Apostles was as a result of their overwhelming compassion towards finding solutions to the needs of humanity. Genesis 39:6-8, Hebrews 11:24-26, Nehemiah 1:1-10, 2:1-5, Daniel 2:14-19, Matthew 14:14, 15:32-38, 20:33-34, Mark 1:40-43, Luke 7:12-16

Whether you are on the altar, in industry or  in government,  relevant anointing is required to make a difference. And nothing else will connect you to the flow of this  relevant grace and anointing like when you are deeply touched by the pain of others.

It is the misplacement of priority that turn things upside down today in our world. Too many people today are putting the cart before the horse, hence,  crises is increasing daily without an assurance of solution from the altar to all other facet of the economy.

Money and material gratification has replaced the love for God and humanity in the heart of multitudes hence, there are more evil than good  in the society – 1Timothy 6:9-10

The relevant anointing that makes for all the difference will always ride on the wings of compassion and spiritual hunger for solutions to human problems.

To command great exploits after the order of Christ and Apostle requires a compassionate heart. Stop looking for money, name, fame, position and title, when your bowels is filled with genuine compassion to set humanity free, God will fill you with the relevant anointing to make a difference and no devil can stop your way to the topmost top.

REMEMBER THAT OUR GOD IS FULL OF COMPASSION AND IF WE ARE TRULY HIS CHILDREN, THEN WE MUST BE FILLED WITH COMPASSION AFTER THE OTHER OF CHRIST. IT IS NOT THE ANOINTING YOU NEED, ALL YOU NEED IS A COMPASSIONATE HEART THEN THE ANOINTING WILL FLOW NATURALLY – 2Chronicles 30:9, Psalms 112:4, 145:8-9, Isaiah 49:15

From this weekend and beyond, I command the seed of compassion and spiritual hunger of Christ that attracts relevant grace and anointing from God be planted in your heart thereby leading to unimaginable order of miracles, signs, wonders and solutions to human problems through your hand in Jesus Mighty Name.

SEE YOU AT THE TOPMOST TOP.

REMAIN EVER BLESSED.

JESUS IS LORD.

PST ISRAEL AKINSANYA
pstisraelmeg@gmail.com
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL

BY DR. PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

FRIDAY, 15TH MAY 2020

TOPIC: THE NECESSITY OF SPIRITUAL STRENGTH

SCRIPTURE: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The strength of your spirit determines the extent of your victory in the conflicts of life.

It is true that spiritual power and strength are necessary for the journey of destiny. We live in days where we cannot afford to be weak spiritually. The welfare of your destiny is determined by the buoyancy of your spirit. Nobody can be weak spiritually and have a future in life.

Now, why is spiritual strength necessary?

1. The strength of your spirit determines the extent of your victory in the conflicts of life (Ephesians 6:10-13).

It was Bishop Oyedepo who said that life is warfare and not funfair, a battlefield and not a playground. Your success or victory in battle is determined by your strength. When your strength becomes higher than that of the opponent, the battle becomes cheap to win.

2. The strength of your spirit determines the extent of your exploits (Daniel 11:32).

It takes the strong to do exploits. Exploits refers to attention-commanding results. Exploits belong to the strong, the aggressive, the violent and the audacious.

Today, I decree the release of spiritual audacity and fervency on you. The grace to step into the realm of results that will command your generation’s attention is released on you. Receive the grace for the kind of exploits that will destroy the devil and his kingdom, in Jesus’ Name.

REMEMBER THIS: The strength of your spirit determines the extent of your victory in the conflicts of life.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Always make demands on spiritual strength at the place of prayer.
2. Ask for the grace to step into generational exploits and greatness.

PRAYER: Lord, I ask for the grace to do exploits and destroy the works of the enemy here on earth, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: SPIRITUAL POWER, STRENGTH AND REVIVAL

QUOTE: To see His intervention in your life and in your Ministry, you must endure to the end. To give up is to miss it completely. Culled from MAKING FULL PROOF OF MINISTRY by Dr Paul Enenche
DAILY BIBLE READING: Psalm 19-21

AMAZING FACT: Humans shed 40 pounds of skin in their lifetime, completely replacing their outer skin every month.

PROPHETIC WORD/DECLARATION: Receive a fresh impartation of spiritual/supernatural strength now in Jesus’ Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: FRIDAY 15TH MAY, 2020*

*TOPIC: FOLLOW THE SHEPHERD; HE KNOWS THE WAY THERE!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: PSALM 125:1-5*

One of the biggest proofs of trust in God is UNQUESTIONED OBEDIENCE. He who trusts God can never be moved by the situations of life. Hear the words of Abraham Lincoln, *“

Having chosen our course, without guile and with pure purpose, let us renew our trust in God, and go forward without fear and with manly hearts.”* 

Lincoln understood well that they that trust Jehovah are like mount Zion, which cannot be moved but abides forever. What do you want the story of your 2020 to look like? *GOD KNOWS THE WAY TO THAT GLORIOUS ELEVATION TESTIMONY THAT YOU DESIRE.* He knows what you should do, and He knows when you should do it.

He knows who you should be with at every point in time, and He knows who you should avoid. John 2:5 says: “His mother saith unto the servants, ‘Whatever He saith unto you, do it.” *Trust Him enough to listen to Him! Trust Him enough to follow Him! He Will Never Lead You Into Trouble. He Will Never Lead You Into Failure.

He Will Never Lead You Into Defeat!* Pay attention to Him. Trust Him and follow Him day by day. He will lead you higher and higher and lead you to your place of fulfilment and greatness. *YOU WERE DESIGNED FOR ACCOMPLISHMENT; ENGINEERED FOR SUCCESS, and endowed with the seeds of greatness!* Yes! In Christ and in His will, you have nothing to lose! Hold on and hold out as you LISTEN TO HIM!

*ODM WORLDWIDE ANNUAL MONTH OF MERCY – JUNE 2020*

*The month of June is the ODM ANNUAL month of MERCY WORLDWIDE! It is a Month dedicated to do Charity work and to show Practical Love! This should be done throughout the month wherever you are!

It should involve visiting Orphanages, Hospitals, Elderly people’s homes, etc. Sow a SEED OF MERCY into GTB ACCOUNT NUMBER: 
0536832754. ACCOUNT NAME: OUR DAILY MANNA or any account on page 29 of this booklet to help our visitation to Orphanages, Hospitals, Elderly Homes, etc. MERCY WILL NEVER ELUDE YOUR HOUSEHOLD IN JESUS NAME.*
*PRAYER POINTS:* Take your best worship song as led.

1. In your own words, pray on today’s word as led now.
2. For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity! Lord, silence the ROD of the wicked this year!
3. Holy Spirit of God, I turn my attention on You. Lord, speak! Lord, lead me to the place that You have destined for me. Teach my hands to war and cause me to have great victory.
4. I shall not be derailed into confusion! I shall follow the LORD!

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: JOB 5-7*

*BY: BISHOP DR. CHRIS. E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/WRITER_
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Friday, May 15, 2020 - International Day of Families*

*TOPIC:**AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE*
*Read: Joshua 24:1-27*

Joshua 24:1-27 And Joshua gathered all the tribes of Israel to Shechem, and called for the elders of Israel, and for their heads, and for their judges, and for their officers; and they presented themselves before God.

And Joshua said unto all the people, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the flood in old time, even Terah, the father of Abraham, and the father of Nachor: and they served other gods.

And I took your father Abraham from the other side of the flood, and led him throughout all the land of Canaan, and multiplied his seed, and gave him Isaac.

And I gave unto Isaac Jacob and Esau: and I gave unto Esau mount Seir, to possess it; but Jacob and his children went down into Egypt.

I sent Moses also and Aaron, and I plagued Egypt, according to that which I did among them: and afterward I brought you out.

And I brought your fathers out of Egypt: and ye came unto the sea; and the Egyptians pursued after your fathers with chariots and horsemen unto the Red sea..

And when they cried unto the LORD, he put darkness between you and the Egyptians, and brought the sea upon them, and covered them; and your eyes have seen what I have done in Egypt: and ye dwelt in the wilderness a long season.

And I brought you into the land of the Amorites, which dwelt on the other side Jordan; and they fought with you: and I gave them into your hand, that ye might possess their land; and I destroyed them from before you.

Then Balak the son of Zippor, king of Moab, arose and warred against Israel, and sent and called Balaam the son of Beor to curse you:

But I would not hearken unto Balaam; therefore he blessed you still: so I delivered you out of his hand.
And ye went over Jordan, and came unto Jericho: and the men of Jericho fought against you, the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Girgashites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; and I delivered them into your hand.

And I sent the hornet before you, which drave them out from before you, even the two kings of the Amorites; but not with thy sword, nor with thy bow.
And I have given you a land for which ye did not labour, and cities which ye built not, and ye dwell in them; of the vineyards and oliveyards which ye planted not do ye eat.

Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods;
For the LORD our God, he it is that brought us up and our fathers out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and which did those great signs in our sight, and preserved us in all the way wherein we went, and among all the people through whom we passed:

And the LORD drave out from before us all the people, even the Amorites which dwelt in the land: therefore will we also serve the LORD; for he is our God.

And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the LORD: for he is an holy God; he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins.

If ye forsake the LORD, and serve strange gods, then he will turn and do you hurt, and consume you, after that he hath done you good.
And the people said unto Joshua, Nay; but we will serve the LORD.

And Joshua said unto the people, Ye are witnesses against yourselves that ye have chosen you the LORD, to serve him. And they said, We are witnesses.

Now therefore put away, said he, the strange gods which are among you, and incline your heart unto the LORD God of Israel.

And the people said unto Joshua, The LORD our God will we serve, and his voice will we obey.
So Joshua made a covenant with the people that day, and set them a statute and an ordinance in Shechem.

And Joshua wrote these words in the book of the law of God, and took a great stone, and set it up there under an oak, that was by the sanctuary of the LORD.

And Joshua said unto all the people, Behold, this stone shall be a witness unto us; for it hath heard all the words of the LORD which he spake unto us: it shall be therefore a witness unto you, lest ye deny your God.

*MEMORISE: And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord (Joshua 24:15)*

*EXPOSITION*

The events that happened in Joshua's days, the malady of idolatry and godless living, was already creeping into the midst of the Israelites. Apathy towards the things of God was apparent everywhere. 

But in the midst of all these, Joshua made a resolute decision to stand for God. But he wasn't going to do it alone. He would encourage his whole household to do same. The paramount desire of God is that, parents serve Him together with their entire household. As He is interested in the worship of the parents, so is He in the fellowship of the children.

How wonderful would it be, if we too will make up our minds that in these last days, when spiritual lethargy, compromise and worldliness seem to have taken hold of many families, we and our households will remain steadfast in righteousness and holiness. 

It would not matter to us what others in the community and the church are doing.
Our standard of living would be God's Word alone, bearing in mind that it is on the basis of this Word, that each person in the family will be judged on the last day.

Be a good example to your children. Let them perceive, by your daily actions and conversations, that you are living with heaven in view. 

This is the easiest way to ignite passion for righteousness and godly living in them. Joshua's resolute decision is a great challenge to us. May our children not turn around to be thorns in our fleshes, in Jesus' name. Amen.

*PRAYER POINTS*

1. O Lord, I resolve to be steadfast in You, together with my family. Help us against spiritual lethargy, compromise and worldliness, in Jesus' name.
2. My Father, my Father, grant me and my family the grace to serve You to the end.
3. Pray for Christian parents who aren't bequeathing good and godly examples to their children/wards, that God should help them to change, henceforth.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Samuel 22 & 1 Corinthians 4*

*God our land that is sick is restored in Jesus name Amen...........Shalom*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM