The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Thursday 14th May
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 

THURSDAY 14TH MAY.

THE “KNOWING” OF FAITH

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1)
Our relationship with the Lord is one of faith. It makes no difference how you “feel” outwardly; physical feelings have nothing to do with it. 

Oftentimes, our experience of Him and with Him can’t be described with human words; but then, there’s a deep inner “knowing,” an awareness in your spirit.

It brings to mind the account of the woman with the issue of blood in Mark 5. She had suffered hemorrhage for twelve years, and the doctors weren’t able to help her.

The Bible says, “When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment...And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague” (Mark 5:27-29). 

How did she know that the “feeling” she felt in her body was one of healing? It was her faith at work!
The Bible doesn’t say, “She saw that the bleeding had stopped,” but that “she felt in her body that she was healed.” That’s the feeling of faith. 

In the case of the lame man at the gate of the temple called Beautiful as recorded in Acts 3, when Peter ministered to him, the Bible says his feet and ankle bones received strength (Acts 3:7).

Bones don’t feel, so it couldn’t have been a physical “feeling.” But something got injected into his feet and bones, and God knew, and said his feet and ankle bones received strength. 

The result was that the man leapt and walked. His faith was operational; he responded, and in his response, the power of the word spoken by Peter was manifested, and his miracle happened.

It also reminds of what we read about David; the Bible says he “perceived” that God had confirmed him king over Israel. This wasn’t mere mental or physical knowledge; it was a knowing in his spirit.

There’s the knowledge of faith, the hearing of faith, the feeling or perception of faith, as you’re sensitive to the leading and guidance of the Holy Spirit, and the Word.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for the earnest of the Spirit which you’ve given me. I’m sensitive to your leading and guidance and know what to do at all times; my profiting through the Word is evident, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Romans 10:17; Hebrews 11:6; James 2:18-26 NKJV

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 6:60-71; 1 Kings 12-14

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 9:1-10; Proverbs 10

#TALKINGSESSION 

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Dear Father, I thank You for the power of the Holy Spirit that resides and is fully operational in me. When I show up, burdens are lifted, and yokes destroyed. 

I am a God-carrying vessel and a dispenser of eternal verities. I am a big-time financier of the Gospel, and doors of opportunity are open unto me right now in different parts of the earth. 

I thank You for the privilege to use and live in the Name of Jesus. I’m always assured of answers, knowing that the Holy Spirit immediately goes to work on my behalf! 

Thank you for this wonderful blessing. Hallelujah! I am not helpless but empowered to effect changes in the circumstances of life by faith and in the Name of Jesus. 

My faith in God and in the power of His Word prevails today, and always, and I rejoice, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. 

Nothing is impossible unto me, and no level of success, victory, and progress are unattainable for me because I live by faith in the Word. Hallelujah! 

I am alive unto God; excellence, glory, virtue, and success are the hallmarks of my life because the grace of God is superabundant upon me. 

I grow in grace and in the knowledge of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 

The beauty of God in my spirit is showing forth on the outside, evidently, manifest for all to see! Blessed be God. Hallelujah!

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL

THURSDAY 14TH MAY 2020

THEME: KINGDOM CITIZENSHIP

MEMORIZE: 
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. John 3:5

BIBLE READING: LUKE 10:25-28
25. And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26. He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27. And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

In todays memory verse, Nicodemus did not ask Jesus to tell him how he could enter the Kingdom of God; he merely praised Him.

However, Jesus knew that Nicodemus needed to be shown, like us all, how to get to Heaven, so He said

“… verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.“

Jesus knew that any praise that would lead to the Kingdom of God must be packaged in the garment of salvation. He once told His
audience:

“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 7:21

Beloved, have you been blown away by the recent wind of liberalism?

Have you been engaging in endless arguments on what is or what is not true about the Kingdom of God and the hope of eternal life? It will do you no good. 

Some argue that being born again may not be immediately evident forgetting that the Bible says 

“by their fruits ye shall know them“ Matthew 7:20.

This confirms that being born again has to be evident.

Jesus queried in Luke 6:46: 

"And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?"

Our citizenship in the Kingdom of Heaven is based on obedience to the Kingdom constitution – the Bible.

Anyone who says the Bible is outdated is obviously no longer a citizen of the Kingdom.

1 John 3:7 says he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous.

Hence, answering Biblical names or ministerial titles are not requirements for being a Kingdom citizen, rather, regeneration and a new life of holiness in Christ are.

Are you a citizen of the kingdom of God?

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me to maintain the requirements for Your Kingdoms citizenship.
Please, do not cast me out of Your Kingdom in the mighty name of Jesus.

BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 13:1-39 , 2 Samuel 14:1-33 , 2 Samuel 15:1-37

HYMN 23: ONWARD, CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS!

1. Onward Christian soldiers!
Marching as to war,
Looking unto Jesus
Who is gone before;
Christ, the royal Master,
Leads against the foe;
Forward into battle,
See, His banners go!
CHORUS

Onward, Christian soldiers!
Marching as to war,
Looking unto Jesus,
Going on before.

2. At the name of Jesus
Satan’s host doth flee;
On then, Christian soldiers,
On to victory!
Hell’s foundations quiver
At the shout of praise:
Brothers, lift your voices,
Loud your anthems raise!

3. Like a mighty army
Moves the Church of God:
Brothers, we are treading
Where the saints have trod;
We are not divided,
All one Body we-
One in hope and doctrine,
One in charity.

4. Crowns and thrones may perish,
Kingdoms rise and wane;
But the Church of Jesus
Constant will remain.
Gates of hell can never
‘Gainst the Church prevail;
We have Christ’s own promise,
Which can never fail.

5. Onward then, ye people!
Join our happy throng;
Blend with ours your voices
In the triumph song.
“Glory, praise and honor
Unto Christ, the King”, –
This through countless ages
Men and angels sing.
BETTER LIFE MESSAGE

DATE : THURSDAY MAY 14, 2020

TOPIC: DARE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE (PART 9)

TEXT  : ISAIAH 60:1-3 – “Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee. And the gentiles shall come to thy, and kings to the brightness of your rising.”

The relevance of light over darkness cannot be overemphasized and that is why the winner between the two opposing forces in any contest will always be the light.

At the appearance of light, the disappearance of darkness is immediate, and where there is struggle, it is because the light is inadequate. 

The reason why you see certain degrees of darkness at night when stars and the moon appears is because the combination of all the stars and the moon can not withstand the strength of the Sun in strength - 1Cor 15:41, Genesis 1:3-4, 14-18

It will interest you to know that the sun, the moon and the stars came out of the light of the word of God, hence, the light from the word of God rules both the day and the night. 

If you are adequately lighted up by the word of God you will never be a victim of the activities of the power of darkness both in the day time and at night season, the magnitude notwithstanding. The sun is eternally ordained by God to shine in the day time and not at night according to the word – Genesis 1:16 “And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day,………..”

However, the light from the word of God shines through darkness and darkness cannot overcome it – John 1:4-5. With the light of the word in you, there is no power of darkness that can harass you, you are literally in command of the affairs of life, even the much dreaded coronavirus and all its economic implications will bow before you – “The evil bow before the good; and the wicked at the gates of the righteous.” Proverbs 14:19

This is the best time ever for the redeemed of Lord to rise, shine and make all the difference in every area of life globally – Isaiah 60:1-3

HOW TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

9.      THE PLACE OF THE ANOINTING – Acts 10:38
“How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”

The difference that our Lord Jesus commanded was as a result of the anointing of the Holy Spirit that was at work in Him during His earthily Ministry. 

Prior to the time the anointing came upon Him, He was only referred to as the Carpenter’s son and later became ‘the Carpenter’ but as soon as He was empowered by the Holy Ghost through the anointing, His fame spread abroad without publicity bill – Luke 4:14

Irrespective of the area of our endeavours, whether secular or spiritual, we all need the anointing of the Holy Spirit to function effectively and make a difference. Jesus knew this, hence, He told His disciples to tarry in Jerusalem until they are endued with power from on High – Luke 24:49

The anointing is not limited to the ministry work, it is all encompassing. The anointing is essentially for us to function at the supernatural frequency that is beyond the natural. 

Don’t be deceived at all, there is a relevant anointing for all human engagements, be it in the private sector, public sector, personal practice or business, vocational jobs, military and paramilitary, academics etc. when the anointing is at work in you, you will always standout, your location and challenges notwithstanding.

Also, the Holy Spirit in the anointing is not limited to speaking in tongues, He is more than that because He is a divine personality ordained to continue with the redeemed where Jesus stops His earthily Ministry – John 14:16-18, 26, 16:13-14, 1John 2:20, 27

All you and I need to make all the difference in this world  is to know what to do, where to do it, how to do it and when to do it and all of these are the assignment of the Holy Spirit in the Anointing to the redeemed, apart from these, He is equally to guide and show us things to come so as not to be taken unawares of the events – 1John 2:20, 27
To see ahead is to take the lead always while others follow, this is what makes a cutting-edge and a leading leader.

Do you know that while multitudes are busy complaining, murmuring and are loosing grounds daily, some Holy Spirit filled and inspired few are busy inventing and creating different items that can be used to prevent the spread of Corona Virus and thereby making their cool millions effortlessly.

However, to make the most of the anointing, you must be born again, avoid sin, make righteousness your lifestyle, selfless service to God and humanity, press daily into God’s presence through meditation on the word, prayer, worship and praise – Acts 10:38

A REAL HOLY GHOST FILLED BELIEVER IS KNOWN FOR HIS EXPLOITS IN THE MIDST OF CRISES BECAUSE WHAT IS MAKING OTHERS TO LOOSE GROUNDS IS WHAT OTHERS ARE USING TO GAIN MORE GROUNDS, THE CHOICE IS YOURS TO MAKE, EITHER TO CAMP MORE WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT AND GAIN MORE GROUNDS OR CONTINUE TO LOOSE GROUNDS – Job 29:3-4, 32:8, Daniel 11:32, John 16:13, 14:26

REMEMBER THAT HEAVEN IS THE HOME OF THE OVERCOMERS.

In the mighty name of Jesus Christ, I command the release of fresh anointing of the Holy Spirit to come upon you and your engagements with the evidence of daily supernatural breakthrough that will turn your mourning into dancing – Isaiah 45:1-3, Psalms 30:11, 2Cor 3:17, 1Cor 2:9-12

SEE YOU AT THE TOPMOST TOP.

REMAIN EVER BLESSED.

JESUS IS LORD.

PST ISRAEL AKINSANYA
pstisraelmeg@gmail.com
RESTORATION TODAY

THURSDAY, MAY 14, 2020.

TOPIC: *GOD SEES EVERYTHING*

"Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do."  Hebrews  4:13.

*MESSAGE*

The scripture has stated that the eyes of God are upon the righteous. He is the God Who predestines us. In other words, He finished the end of our stories before.

He started the beginning. We can liken this to a movie in which, according to the script, the maid will definitely get married to the groom. However, at the beginning of the storyline you will notice that the maid is single. 

The same thing happens in Construction; the building is done on paper before the builders begins the real construction. At the end of everything, no matter how the start looks like, it must tally with what the end should be.

Our introduced scripture says that nothing is hidden from God, for He sees everything, for they are naked before him. This verse brings the assurance of your safety, preservation and assurance for fulfilling your God assignment. But don't get it twisted; God never promised you a smooth journey. 

However, though the road may be tough, He knows that by all means you will fulfill His plans and permit what was never in plan to happen to you. All that Jesus ever went through was all in God's plans prophesied by the prophets.

Fear not! God's eyes are monitoring all that is going on in your life so that His plans will never be defeated--for God cannot be defeated. As you go out this morning, have faith that He is aware of all that is happening in your life, and He knows how to work them together to accomplish His great plan for you.

*ACTION POINT*
?️     Worry ends when you know that there is someone who is aware of your affairs. So remind yourself of God's word concerning your life daily.

*SCRIPTURES*
Psalm 23:4, Romans 8:30, Proverbs 16:3

*PRAYER POINTS*
1.  Pray that God should change every negative thing our choice as used in interfering with his plan;

2.  Hand over your ideas to Go;

3.  Ask God for more revelations.

*THE BIBLE OF THE YEAR*
Num. 25:1-26.51, Prov. 22:17-23.11, Luke 1:26-58.
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL 

BY DR. PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

THURSDAY, 14TH MAY 2020

TOPIC: THE WAY-MAKING POWER OF WORSHIP
SCRIPTURE: When Israel went out of Egypt, the house of Jacob from a people of strange language; Judah was his sanctuary, and Israel his dominion. The sea saw it, and fled: Jordan was driven back. The mountains skipped like rams, and the little hills like lambs. Psalm 114:1-8

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The release of worship is the creation of openings.

The worship of God is a way maker. There are truths that are repeated in Scriptures in order for us not to miss them in life. One of such truths is the truth about worship. Worship houses God. That is to say, worship cannot be present and God is absent. God lives in worship. Judah (which means worship) was his sanctuary…(Psalm 114:2).

The presence of worship releases dominion. Israel was his dominion...(Psalm 114:2). Every time worship is released, a dominion mantle is released. That was why in the midst of war, the children of Israel offered worship and dominated their enemies instantly.

The release of worship is the creation of openings. The sea fled means the sea gave way (Psalm 114:3). Where the worship of God is released, you do not struggle for the way to open.
The mountains skipped like rams… (Psalm 114:4) The climate of worship is the demolition of obstacles.

Beloved, as you worship God, forget the problems that you have and focus on God and the way will open for you; dominion will be released unto you and obstacles will bow for you, in Jesus’ Name.

REMEMBER THIS: The release of worship is the creation of openings.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Release worship to God with a clear conscience void of offense toward God and man.
2. Make the worship of God a habit in your life.
PRAYER: Lord, I ask for the heart of worship today. Help me to worship You in Spirit and in truth, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: WORSHIP AND THE WAY.

QUOTE: Worshipping God in unrighteousness is alien to His Presence and is tantamount to offering strange fire upon His altar. Culled from THE PROTOCOL OF THE ARK by Dr (Mrs) Becky Paul-Enenche

DAILY BIBLE READING: Psalm 16-18
AMAZING FACT: The total weight of all the ants on Earth is greater than the total weight of all the humans on the planet.

PROPHETIC WORD/DECLARATION: A fresh grace/mantle of worship is released on your life in Jesus’ Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: THURSDAY 14TH MAY, 2020*

*TOPIC: OCCUPY TILL HE COMES!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: LUKE 19:11-27*

*The second coming of Christ shall be utterly unlike the first. He came the first time in weakness, a tender infant born of a poor woman in the manger at Bethlehem, unnoticed, without honor, and scarcely known. 

He shall come the second time in royal dignity with the armies of heaven around Him, to be known, recognized and feared, by all the tribes of the earth. 

He came the first time to suffer – to bear our sins, to be reckoned a curse, to be despised, rejected, unjustly condemned and slain. He shall come the second time to reign- to put down every enemy beneath His feet, to take the kingdom of this world for His inheritance, to rule them with righteousness, to judge all men and to live forevermore.*

*Hear Sam Storms:* “Jesus will come bathed in radiant splendour, enveloped within an atmosphere of indescribable brilliance, surrounded by the ear percing praise of angels and saints. Scintillating light shining from His eyes. Irresistible power pouring from His hands. None will deny His beauty or escape its transforming energy. Wow! Acts 1:11 says, “Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? 

This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.” He left with ALL EYES ON HIM. His return will be in the SAME WAY! 
As you wait for your

MASTER’S RETURN, catch this: *“When the day of recompense comes, Our only regret we have done so little for Him, not that we meet have done too much” (George Muller). Did you get that? 

Determine to DEPOPULATE HELL and POPULATE HEAVEN the more! Let God use you! OCCUPY (Get busy for Him) TILL HE COMES (Luke 19:13)! Since you* cannot predict the moment, you must be ready at all moments! Watch! Watch! Watch! And Pray! Pray! Pray! See you in heaven at last! Amen!
*PRAY FOR ME AGAINST EXTORTIONERS and CRIMINALS – See page 70 now!*

*IF YOU HAVE ANY TESTIMONY from laying of hands, praying with the mantes or wearing of my suit, etc, kindly send your elevation testimonies to: orderodm@gmail.com; WHATSAPP to:+234-809-6845-694.*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take any song of praise as led.

1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led now.
2. Repent from any SIN Or action that can wipe your name from the BOOK OF LIFE! *Pray for me today/always!*
3. After preaching to others, I shall not be a CASTAWAY!
4. Decree that your GARMENT will be holy and HOT for Jesus. Please pray – “OH, UNSEEN FINGER; WRITE IN MY FAVOUR THIS YEAR!”
5. Scatter all the traps of 2020 to WIPE AWAY YOUR NAME from the Book of Life!
6. *If you are not sure you will make heaven, pray the prayers on page 28 of this booklet now.*
7. LOOSE THE salvation of your loved ones. Give them ODM copies in the next 7 days!
8. Pray about today seriously now! Forgive People Today!

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: JOB 1-4*
*BY: BISHOP DR. CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)
CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Thursday, May 14, 2020*

*TOPIC:**YOUR MARRIAGE CAN BE BLISSFUL*
*Read: 2 Corinthians 6:14-18*

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

*MEMORISE: This is what the Lord commands concerning the daughters of Zelophehad, saying, 'Let them marry whom they think best, but they may marry only within the family of their father's tribe' (Numbers 36:6)*

*EXPOSITION*

There are different types of marriage, but Christian marriage is unique and different from them all. Christian marriage involves lifelong commitment between one man and one woman, ONLY, who have personally known and accepted the Lord, to live together as husband and wife, till death do them part. It is a journey of no return. In view of this, all should wisely and carefully handle Christian marriage.

According to our Memory Scripture today, one who wants to enter into marriage should critically look at two important principles: marrying to the best man or woman (according to God's standard and will) among those available to you for marriage; and marrying to the family of your Father in heaven.

1. Marrying to the best among others: Since Christian marriage gives no room for divorce or going back along the way, the only antidote for one to have a safe, lasting and blissful marriage is to get married to the best man or woman from among the myriads. 

How can you know His choice among the three options (Good, better, and best)? God will show you His best, if you can patiently wait on Him (Psa. 37:5, 7). You need the help of the Holy Spirit to sharpen your sensitivity to know His choice among those before you.

2. Marrying to the family of your Father: God is our heavenly Father. All true Christians are members of His family. Any Christian brother or sister who wants to marry should get married within the family of God, regardless of tribe, language and denomination (Gal. 3:28). 

If you get married to one of the sons or daughters of the devil, their father, the devil, will not take it easy with you (cf. 2 Cor. 6:14-18). Don't put yourself into the marital tight corner that prayer may not solve on time, or the one that prayers may not solve at all.

*PRAYER POINTS*

1. Lord, help our young ones to carefully choose their life partners in marriage.
2. Lord, sharpen my sensitivity to know and do away with wrong people around me, most especially, with regards to marriage.
3. Let there be revival of patience, perseverance, purity and godliness in marriage among our youths, O Lord.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Samuel 19 - 21 & 1 Corinthians 3*

*God in your love, have mercy on the world in Jesus name. Amen. Shalom*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM