The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Friday 8th May
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 

FRIDAY 8TH MAY.

SPEAKING YOUR BELIEVING

We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak (2 Corinthians 4:13).

Our opening verse parallels the principle in Romans 10:9- 10; the “believe and affirm” principle. It says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” In Christianity, we speak our believing. Remember, believing is acting your faith.

Faith must speak; it doesn’t remain alone; you affirm the Word. Express your faith with your mouth; it’s the instrument with which you chart your course in perfection, prosperity and success. You’re to use the power of words to create and sustain your victorious life.

Our salvation has already been consummated and made available in Christ Jesus, but to catapult yourself into the blessings and benefits of salvation, you must go beyond believing in the heart, to speaking.

This is because with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation. This is the reason some people, even though they’ve been Christians for long, have never really enjoyed the blessings of Christianity. 

They haven’t acted on the Word.
You’re to make confessions of the Word; that means you speak the same things that God has said concerning you. That’s your faith response to the Word. 

He gave you His Word so you might respond. Your confession or affirmation is that response, and it activates the power of God’s Word in your life. Until you make those confessions, your faith won’t produce results. 

Your believing and your “speaking” must go together. That’s what we read in our opening verse. So, speak the Word only, and always, for a life of constant victory and excellence. Praise God!

CONFESSION

The Word of God is in my heart and in my mouth and prevails in and through me today. I believe and therefore I speak, because the Word of God is my life, and the glory and blessings therein are evident in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Mark 11:23; Matthew 12:37

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 4:1-26 ; 1 Kings 1

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 6:1-11 ; Proverbs 4

#TALKINGSESSION 

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Righteous Father, I am so grateful for Your boundless blessings in my life. 

Thank You for the power of the Spirit that is at work in me to effectively minister the Gospel to those in my world, and the regions beyond. 

Your grace is released even now for hearts to be touched and converted by the news of Your saving power. I am called, justified, and glorified according to Your divine predestination.

Your call on my life is that of honour! I am the chosen of the Lord; therefore, I refuse to cast away the call of God on my life. 

His call is my only insurance for a glorious life and future. I am serving the Lord unreservedly, living for Him, and honouring what He honours. 

I am always glad and full of praise for the opportunities He gives me for service. I walk in the glory of God.

I live in the dominion and authority of Christ! Nothing, and no one, can successfully stand against me, as I go forth proclaiming liberty to the captives, recovery of sight to the blind, bringing men out of darkness into the glorious liberty of the sons of God! 

My whole life is about the call; therefore, I refuse to treat it lightly. The only thing that matters to me is the call of God on my life and how to fulfill it. 

I am fulfilling that call by the power of the Spirit. Daily, I give attention to God's Word and His call on my life. I've made the decision to follow the Spirit, not the world or the flesh.

His desires are my desire. As I serve Him truly and wholeheartedly, He fills my life with His beauty, grace, glory, and honour.

Thank You, Dear heavenly Father, for calling me with a holy calling. As I give myself to the study of the Word and prayer, I am further enlightened on how to fulfill my divine destiny in You without reproach.

None of my steps shall slide, because I hear Your voice directing me in Your perfect will, in Jesus' Name. Amen. Hallelujah!

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: FRIDAY 8TH MAY 2020.

THEME: WHAT DO YOU REALLY NEED?

MEMORISE:

And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight.  Mark 10:51

READ: 2 Kings 2:9-10

9 And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.

10 And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.

One would think that the man at the Beautiful Gate (Acts 3) would ask that his ankles be strengthened, he asked the Apostles for alms. Many of us are like this lame man; we do not know exactly what we need.

In today’s memory verse, Jesus asked the blind man crying after Him what he wanted. The question may appear needless as there should be only one pressing need for a blind man. Yet, if you look at the blind man in Acts 3, you would understand the importance of the question. That is why God is asking you today: 
“What do you need? Do you really know?”

Elijah asked Elisha in 2 Kings 2:9-10 for what he needed. The later did not waste time as he quickly asked for the double portion of his master’s anointing. He knew what he wanted, did as his master required and got his blessing.

Many years ago, a mighty man of God offered us – participants at an international conference in the United States- an opportunity to ask for what we needed for our ministries. While some asked for books, tracks and financial assistance, I asked Him to lay his anointed hands on me for the work of the ministry. He was surprised but impressed about my specific and uncommon request; he did so, prayed for me and today, you are a living testimony of God’s faithfulness in our ministry.

“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33

As a child of God, it is better for you to go after the Giver of gifts than the gifts themselves. This is the most needful pursuit of your life – the Kingdom of God and His righteousness.

When this is settled, your Father will meet all your other needs. He will take care of you as His child. Do the needful: accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, then trust Him for everything (John 3:3,5).
He will surely meet all your needs (Philippians 4:19) in the mighty name of Jesus.

PRAYER POINT:

Father, please secure a place for me in Your Kingdom. Let me seat in high places with Your Son Jesus Christ my Lord.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 8-9. 1Chronicle 18

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 20 – NEARER, MY GOD TO THEE

1. Nearer, my God to Thee,
Nearer to Thee;
E’en though it be a cross
That raiseth me,
Still all my song shall be,
Nearer, my God, to Thee, (2ce)
Nearer to Thee!

2. Though, like the wanderer,
The sun gone down,
Darkness be over me,
My rest a stone,
Yet in my dreams I’d be
Nearer to Thee!

3. There let the way appear
Steps unto heaven;
All that Thou send’st to me
In mercy given;
Angels to beckon me
Nearer to Thee!

4. Then with my waking thoughts
Bright with Thy praise,
Out of my stony griefs
Bethel I’ll raise;
So by my woes to be
Nearer to Thee!

5. Or if on joyful wing
Cleaving the sky,
Sun, moon, and stars forgot,
Upward I fly,
Still all my song shall be,
Nearer to Thee!

6. There in my Father’s home, safe and at rest,
There in my Savior’s love, perfectly blest;
Age after age to be Nearer, my God, to Thee, (2ce)
Nearer to Thee!
BETTER LIFE MESSAGE

DATE : FRIDAY MAY 8, 2020

TOPIC: DARE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

TEXT  : 2Kings 6:24-29 - “And it came to pass after this, that Benhadad king of Syria gathered all his host, and went up, and besieged Samaria.

And there was a great famine in Samaria: and, behold, they besieged it, until an ass's head was sold for fourscore pieces of silver, and the fourth part of a cab of dove's dung for five pieces of silver.

And as the king of Israel was passing by upon the wall, there cried a woman unto him, saying, Help, my lord, O king.

And he said, If the LORD do not help thee, whence shall I help thee? out of the barnfloor, or out of the winepress? And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.”

The nations of the world is in no doubt under a demonic siege and  the gods of this world is hiding under the name of Corona Virus scourge and has blinded the eyes of world leaders with unimaginable deception from those around the corridors of powers globally, hence the introduction of lockdown that has paralyzed the global economy. 

The happenings around the world today can be likened to when the City of Samaria was besieged by the King of Syria and the economic activities was totally paralyzed which led to the people eating up their children as shown in the above scriptures which was a direct fulfillment of God’s word in Deut 28:15, 52-59 as a result their disobedience to God’s commandments by whoring after Baal.

It was one of the darkest hour in the nation of Israel that looks irredeemable and irreversible by man according to King Ahab’s proclamation.

One thing that must register in both your conscious and subconscious mind is that, there is no irreversible or irredeemable situation with God, the global situation is not as bad as the case in our text neither can it compare in gravity to the raising of Lazarus from the dead after being buried for four days. If only you can believe, the present situation will turn into testimony of glory. Mark 9:23, 10:27, John 11:39-40, 43-44

HOW TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
3.      TAKE UNUSUAL STEP OF ACTION –
Doing what others have not done will guarantee results that no one has ever gotten. 1Cor 2:9-12
Unusual steps taken by common man will result in extraordinary results turning the common man into extraordinary personality – Psalms 74:5 Unusual steps is a product of hearing, seeing and  thinking differently.

The greatest risk taken by the redeemed is surrendering to God that you cannot see through Jesus Christ. Risk taking is part of the process that will lead to the emergence of giants, trailblazers, pathfinders and pacesetters. Risk takers are high flyers. 

It is therefore risky not to take risks and I mean godly risks. The risk here must be the Holy Ghost inspired/prompted steps of action.

Looking at the four lepers that brought about supernatural turnaround in the nation of Israel, you will wonder where were the mighty men of the land, they have gone into hiding.

The lepers were the written offs, downtrodden, neglected, good for nothing, abandoned, forgotten and banished out of the city. 

However, they were great minds, great thinkers and they reasoned loud among themselves and came to a conclusion that it was better for them to go towards the enemies – 2Kings 7:3-4 “And there were four leprous men at the entering in of the gate: and they said one to another, Why sit we here until we die? If we say, We will enter into the city, then the famine is in the city, and we shall die there, and if we sit still here, we die also. Now therefore come, and let us fall unto the host of the Syrians: if they save us alive, we shall live; and if they kill us, we shall but die.”

Whatever is not worth dying for is not worth living for. Those who fear death in the face adversity will surely end up living a miserable life or die untimely death. Esther said “if I perish, I perish” and she never perish – Esther 4:16

The city where you reside may be locked down with military personnel parading 24/7 daily, the good news is that, the heaven over you is not locked, your brain is not locked and your life is equally not locked down, you are free to reason your way out with the Holy Ghost and come back with innovations and inventions that will take over the world.

These lepers dazed the world, as they took the first step, God amplified their steps and the prophecy of Elisha was fulfilled within 24hours. Disability is not an obstacle to breakthrough or success. Consider Pastor Nick Vujicic born without arms and legs but yet he is making global impacts. What you have is more than what you don’t have.

The lepers took the greatest risk and they brought solution to the economic situation of their nation. You can do better, if you can commit yourself to making a difference – 2Kings 7:5-16

REMEMBER, IF GOD CAN MAKE USE OF LEPERS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE, THEN YOU ARE MUCH MORE QUALIFIED TO BRING ABOUT THE TURNAROUND IN OUR WORLD TODAY.

ABOVE ALL, WHERE WILL YOU SPEND ETERNITY? WITH GOD IN HEAVEN OR WITH SATAN IN HELL. THE CHOICE IS ABSOLUTELY YOURS.

Therefore, I decree the release of heavenly ideas upon you and the emergence your destiny helpers with unsolicited funds to turn the ideas into global business with proofs of generational blessings to match in Jesus Mighty Name. 1Chronicles 12:22, 2Chronicles 26:7-10, 15

SEE YOU AT THE TOPMOST TOP.

REMAIN EVER BLESSED.

JESUS IS LORD.
PST ISRAEL AKINSANYA
pstisraelmeg@gmail.com
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL

BY DR. PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

FRIDAY, 8TH MAY 2020

TOPIC: YOUR PRAISE AND YOUR BLESSING

SCRIPTURE: Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee. Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us. Psalm 67:5-6

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: To live a praiseful life is to live a glorious life.

There is a connection between praise and supernatural blessings. Our anchor Scripture says, Let the people praise thee, then our God shall bless us (paraphrased). Anywhere a man of praise is found, the God who blesses is available.

Throughout Scriptures, there were men and women who knew how to praise and they connected the Blessing. Paul the apostle was an example. Ephesians 5:20 shows how Paul operated; he made us to understand that in every situation, there is something to thank God for.
How then does praise provoke supernatural blessings?

a. Praise guarantees supernatural openings and access into our inheritance.
Your praise dismantles the opposition between your history and your destiny. It creates supernatural openings and connects you to your God-given inheritance. (Psalms 114:1-End).

b. Praise brings down the glory of God which swallows shame and reproach.
To praise God is to be lifted by God above shame and reproach (2Chronicles 5:13, 14).
Praise is also the container of supernatural supplies. To live a praiseful life is to live a glorious life.

Now, how do you praise God effectively and acceptably?

a. Determine to praise God with a sense of purpose (Psalm 146:1-3)

b. Praise God without any form of distraction (John 4:24).

c. Praise God with a clear conscience (Psalm 29:2).

Beloved, as you make up your mind to praise God, I decree the release of the Blessing of God over your life in Jesus’ Name.

REMEMBER THIS: To live a praiseful life is to live a glorious life.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Praise God in every situation you find yourself.
2. Avoid the life of complaining, grumbling and murmuring.

PRAYER: Lord, I praise You with every breath that is in me. I thank You because everything is working for my good, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: YOUR PRAISE AND YOUR BLESSING
QUOTE: Learn to wake up in the morning with praise. Throughout your day, let praise flow. In the night, let praise flow. Culled from 15 KINGDOM STRATEGIES FOR SURVIVAL by Dr. Paul Enenche
DAILY BIBLE READING: Job 40-42

AMAZING FACT: A snail can sleep for three years; no wonder it is slow in everything.

PROPHETIC WORD/DECLARATION: I decree the destruction of every spirit of heaviness on your life in this season in Jesus’ Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: FRIDAY 8TH MAY, 2020*

*TOPIC: VIGIL DAY: EVIL FOUNDATION SCATTER!*
*BASIC SCRIPTURES: ACTS 3:1-11; ACTS 4:10*

Vs. 10 of today’s 2nd scripture says: “Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.” 

*Note: “MADE WHOLE!” That means that while that man was begging for 40 years, he still had other hidden battles.* BEGGING WAS THE PUBLIC EVIDENCE of the numerous battles and pain of his destiny! But when the LORD healed him, he was not only healed of paralysis of his legs or spinal cord, which enabled him to walk and leap, *but every other battle was visited.*

The LORD IS SPEAKING TO 123,900, ODM USERS WORLDWIDE TODAY THAT HE WOULD DO A WORK THAT WILL VISIT THE FOUNDATION OF YOUR BATTLES, The LORD says that he will do a work that will make you COMPLETE; MADE WHOLE! You will be settle martially, financially, academically, ministry-wise, health-wise, favour, new helpers, etc. OUR “3 FRIENDS” WILL VISIT THE FOUNDATION OF MANY BATTLES TODAY AND TONIGHT AS YOU JOIN MILLIONS OF ODM USERS TO decree: LORD, VISIT THE FOUNDATION OF MY BATTLES!

I see angels visiting many foundations tonight! I see the FINGER OF GOD settling your marital foundation tonight 12am – 1am. Pray wherever you are in the world. there is POWER in CORPORATE GRACE AND UNITY!

I see the LORD doing BEYOND whatever you have written and prayed about this year! You shall be made WHOLE – COMPLETE! I SEE ELEVATION stoppers being disgraced! 

At the last ASABA international anointing service, a lady testified that she saw me in her dream and I gave her certain instructions, which became the secret of her breakthrough! Can you get that? I was not there PHYSICALLY but I was there spiritually! 

So, pray now, then in your house, join the multitude of ODM users worldwide 12am – 1am tonight to pray and see what your God – OUR “3 FRIENDS” will do!

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take any song of power/victory.

1. Pray about the Word as it has touched you.
2. LORD, visit my FOUNDATION and FOUNDATIONS NOW!
3. LORD, visit my FOUNDATION and FOUNDATIONS TONIGHT!
4. LORD, BY YOUR FINGER, SHAKE any EVIL ROOT or foundation connected to my destiny.
5. PULL DOWN DEMOTION AND BIND THE SPIRIT OF SUBTRACTION!
6. My Father, my FATHER, rewrite my DESTINY ELEVATION STORY today/tonight.
7. Lord God, MAKE ME WHOLE! MAKE ME WHOLE! MAKE ME COMPLETE! MAKE ME SATISFIED! Do for me what You did for this 40 year-old man.
8. Pray in TONGUES SERIOUSLY OVER YOUR ROOT AND FOUNDATION NOW.
9. I DECREE: You will testify and AN EARTHQUAKE is coming over your ROOT AND EVIL FOUNDATION TONIGHT in Jesus name *(SAY 42 AMEN).*
10. Pray for all ODM users worldwide. LOOSE great ELEVATION STORIES. *Pray the Vigil prayers on page 102 of “War Against Haman – 15” booklet.*

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: NEHEMIAH 4-6*
*BY: BISHOP DR. CHRIS. E. KWAKPOVWE 
RESTORATION TODAY

FRIDAY, MAY 8, 2020.

TOPIC: *GOD'S BACKUP*

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31.

*MESSAGE*
There is no greater confidence than one in which the king is the caretaker of your affairs. Most people make boast when the governor of the state is their relation because certainly they will always have his backup. You dare not challenge the king's son or a person whose father is the chief judge of the state. Why? Because the King and the judge will do whatever it takes to ascertain their son's safety.

Now the Bible says that God is our backup! "If God be for us who can be against us?" That is the reason the Bible says that there can never be any enchantment against Jacob neither any divination against Israel (Number 23:23).Why? The one who rules the universe is on their side. And He is on your side, too.

It is more intimidating to fear and act as a slave when the whole world is run by your father. He said, "Thousand shall fall on your side and ten thousands at your right hand and it will not come night thee." (Psalm 91:7). As you go out today, believe that God did not spare his son but gave him for you, and for this cause, you can rest assured that he will always stand by you.

*ACTION POINT*
?️  God never leaves his children standing. Memorise Hebrews 13:5.

*SCRIPTURES*
Psalm 91, Psalm 34:1-8; Hebrews 13:5.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1.  Pray for the Spirit of boldness;

2.  Pray against the spirit of fear;

3.  Hand over the day to God.

*THE BIBLE OF THE YEAR*
Num.19, Prov.16, James 2.
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Friday, May 8, 2020 - World Ovarian Cancer Day*

*TOPIC:**LIVING ABOVE YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES (I)*
*Read: Judges 6:11-16*

Judges 6:11-16 And there came an angel of the LORD, and sat under an oak which was in Ophrah, that pertained unto Joash the Abiezrite: and his son Gideon threshed wheat by the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites.

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour.

And Gideon said unto him, Oh my Lord, if the LORD be with us, why then is all this befallen us? and where be all his miracles which our fathers told us of, saying, Did not the LORD bring us up from Egypt? but now the LORD hath forsaken us, and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites.

And the LORD looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?

And he said unto him, Oh my Lord, wherewith shall I save Israel? behold, my family is poor in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house.
And the LORD said unto him, Surely I will be with thee, and thou shalt smite the Midianites as one man.

*MEMORISE: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13)*

*EXPOSITION*

The undeniable truth is that, often, people find themselves in circumstances that are beyond explanation, and go beyond their control. 

Peradventure you find yourself in such situations, what do you do? You need to develop the capacity to live above the circumstances. What that means is that, you should be careful not to become victim of your circumstances.

Gideon would have been victim of his circumstances, if God had not intervened for him. God had purposed to use him as a judge to deliver his people from the hand of the Midianites. When the angel of the Lord appeared to him, Gideon, who was not lazy at all, as he was found working hard in his workplace, gave the angel a number of reasons why he could not do the divine task. 

He said to Him, 'O my Lord, how can I save Israel? Indeed my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the last in my father's house' (v. 15).

Gideon looked down on himself. Or, better still, he was himself as not being capable enough to execute the task being put at his doorstep.

He thought God used people because of their great status, and since he had no great family background, and hailed from the least tribe in Israel, he thought God could not use him - that he wasn't fit for the job. 

What circumstances are you in, that is making you to look down on yourself and your God-given capacity? Gideon was probably asking these questions: How can God raise a leader (deliverer) for His own people (Israel) from a tribe like my own? (cf. Jn. 1:46).

If God would raise someone for that special and honourable task, could he be someone like me? To fulfil your God-given purpose in life, learn to live above your circumstances. With Christ in you, you can do all things (Phil. 4:13). That is what kept Paul going, despite the roughness of the road to fulfilment that he had to ply. Don't be different!

*PRAYER POINTS*

1. Lord, I ask for the grace to see myself above those threatening situations and circumstances of my life.
2. The Cross and the grave couldn't hold Jesus down. Nothing will stop me from fulfilling God's purpose for my life, in Jesus' name.
3. Pray for missionaries who are at the verge of going on A. W. O. L. because of the challenges they are battling with, that God should help them, like He did, Paul.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Samuel 6 - 7 & Romans 13*

*God as we look unto you, let us be save in Jesus name. Amen............Shalom*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM