The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Thursday 7th April
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 

THURSDAY 7TH MAY

HIS THRONE IN YOUR HEART

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16).

The scripture above is so profound. It shows that the throne of God is in your heart, since He lives in you in His fullness. 

The same thought is expressed in 2 Corinthians 6:15-17. It says, “… for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people….” What a blessing this is!

The word translated “temple” is the Greek word, “naos.” It doesn’t refer to the ordinary everyday temple, but to an inner shrine; the shrine that houses the image of the “god”; the inner sanctuary where the image of the god is kept. For the Jews, it was the Holy of Holies; that’s where the presence of God was.

They didn’t have an image inside, but the presence of Jehovah was there.

When the Holy Spirit took up His abode in the quarters of your heart, you became that “shrine”; the place of His presence. 

Think about that! It means you carry heaven in you. When Jesus came to this world, He came with heaven in Him to bless the world with. He brought it in His heart, because the Holy Spirit lived inside Him. He came with the throne of God in His heart. 

No wonder He was such a blessing to the world!
The same applies to you. You’re much more than a religious person; by reason of the New Birth, you’ve been translated into the Kingdom of God, and now carry His throne in your heart.

You’re heaven’s ambassador to this world. In reality, everywhere you go, God goes, because you’re His house. He talks in you, and He looks through your eyes. Therefore preach the Gospel; cast out devils; heal the sick; cleanse the lepers; raise the dead. Bless the world with the grace and glory of heaven that’s in you. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for making me a partaker of your life and glory. I carry your divine presence in my heart and impact my world with the blessings of my divinity, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Colossians 1:27; Colossians 2:9-10

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 3:22-36; 2 Samuel 23-24

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 5:1-13; Proverbs 3

#TALKINGSESSION 

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Thanks be unto God, who has qualified me to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in the Kingdom of light. 

The Lord has made my life easy, glorious, and exciting; He’s taken charge of my family, health, finances, and all my affairs.

Therefore, I live in absolute rest, peace, and joy today, and always. I declare that in whatever situation that I am, I am independent of external forces.

I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency. I have every favour and earthly blessings in abundance, and I am always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient, possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation.

I know who I am. I have come to the understanding that I am one in whom Christ dwells, and Christ is my everything. I am complete in Christ; I am full; I've arrived; I have it all. Hallelujah! 

I achieve the extraordinary, heaping success upon success. I have the ability to deliver excellence in every task or assignment that’s committed to me, and the power to do the unimaginable, the unthinkable, and the impossible because Christ lives in me. 

I walk in the light of God's blessings and abundance for me in Christ. I live by the Word; I refuse to allow circumstances of life dictate my response to God's Word. 

I am absolutely independent of circumstances, such that no matter what happens, I am always on top. I am an oasis of love in a troubled world. 

No matter the trouble around me, I am unruffled; I only make progress and move forward, in Jesus' Name. Amen. Hallelujah!

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY 7TH MAY 2020.

THEME: THE JOYFUL MINORITY

MEMORISE:

And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. John 16:22

READ: John 16:17-24

17 Then said some of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father?

18 They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while? we cannot tell what he saith.

19 Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?

20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.

22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

God is not a democrat. As we have seen in a previous study, He doesn’t really need numbers to work; He just needs a few faithful men.

It may appear that being on the side of God puts you in a ‘minority group’ like Joshua and Caleb among the twelve spies (Numbers 13) but the truth is, there would always be joy in the end. Numbers 14:30 records that eventually only these two were able to access the promised land.

God wants you to keep in mind that there is an earthly and eternal joy awaiting you if you take a stand for Him. No doubt, you may suffer many persecutions from the sinning majority, but through it all, you must resist the urge to join *them* because their judgments are not always correct on matters of godliness.

“Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.” Matthew 5:11-12

In the text above and the Bible reading of today, Jesus assures His disciples of an eternal joy after their earthly trials. Paul and Barnabas also said something similar to the people of Lystra, Iconium and Antioch in Acts 14:22. Jesus wants you to maintain your decision to bear His cross and follow Him as a member of the faithful minority in the world. In John 16:20, He says whatever sorrow you face shall be turned into joy.

Believe the Lord and you shall be established (2 Chronicles 20:20). Ensure you are always on His side. Never think of joining the world because you cannot beat them at their game. Remember the parable of the ten virgins! Stay on the side of God. A divine minority is the actual majority.

PRAYER POINT:

Father, by *Your* grace, let me remain with the divine minority. Please, do not let me miss my moments of joy on earth and in eternity in the mighty name of Jesus. 

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 25, 29, 33, 36, 39

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 4:  BLESSED ASSURANCE, JESUS IS MINE.

1. Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

o Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

2. Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels, descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

3. Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
RESTORATION TODAY

THURSDAY, MAY 7, 2020.

TOPIC: *STEP OUT OF THE BOAT*

"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." James  2:17.

*MESSAGE*
Peter gives us a wonderful example of taking a step of faith. Although he was mocked  on various occasions for his innocence, he was a faithful servant who loved Jesus with all of his heart. Matthew 14:25-29 paints a beautiful picture of Peter's faith and trust in Jesus.

He  is given the opportunity to internally and externally act in faith by stepping off the safety and comfort of his boat. Amidst the crashing of waves and rolling of thunder, Peter takes a step of faith toward the ultimate goal: Jesus. We can make fun of Peter all we want, but if we're really honest with ourselves, would we have been faithful enough to step off that boat if we were in his shoes?

Sometimes having faith means engaging in something so bold that you will end up looking stupid if Jesus doesn't come through. The reality is, we all want to walk on water, but none of us wants to step off the boat. It's time to initiate our faith. It's time to step off the boat. Ultimately, hearing the Word initiates faith; speaking the word activates faith; doing the Word demonstrates faith.

*ACTION POINT*
Ponder on this: "Hearing the Word initiates faith; speaking the Word activates faith; doing the Word demonstrates faith." - Be a doer, not just a hearer or speaker.

*SCRIPTURES*
Hebrews 11:6; James 1:22-25.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, thank you for your Word to me today;

2.  Father, help me to take action on the instructions in your Word in a Jesus' name;

3.  Father, I remember my family and friends who are going through a tough time, let faith arise in their hearts in the name of Jesus.

*THE BIBLE OF THE YEAR*
Num. 18 , Prov. 15, James 1 .
BETTER LIFE MESSAGE

DATE : THURSDAY MAY 7, 2020

TOPIC: DARE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE 2

TEXT  : Isaiah 60:1-3 “Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.”

There is no doubting the fact that the activities of the power of darkness is the reason behind the hardship that the entire universe is going through, from the Corona Virus plague to the lockdown and economic implications that is hitting families and individuals globally.

But it is important to point it out that no matter the present day challenge, it is not new to the world. Darkness and gross darkness can not overcome light – John 1:5

Severally in Bible days and in our present contemporary days, the world, nations and regions has witnessed worst situations and they were able to overcome it. This also will pass away like the dream of the night because every unpleasant situation has an expiry date – Psalms 30:5, 1Peter 5:10, 2Cor 4:17-18

God may not be behind all these mess, but He allowed it to prove to the devil and the world that He is able to use the situation to reposition His sons and daughters globally. Remember, it was the same water that destroyed the world that God used to lift the Ark up for the preservation of Noah and those with him in the ark – Genesis 7:17

I foresee in my spirit that, this is the time for the redeemed to take over in different nations and different fields but not without a determination to ‘Make a Difference’ because you cannot join them to beat them. Daniel 1:8

In the realms of the spirit, the political, economic and financial power is already changing hands only waiting for physical manifestations through men and women that are prepared for this massive transfer after the order of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph etc that took over nations by taking advantage of contrary situations. 

There is divine orchestration behind the scene that is turning this global pandemic, lockdown and the economic meltdown into an advantage for the prepared saints of God to rise out of obscurity to stardom - Genesis 30:26-43

HOW TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

2.      THINK DIFFERENTLY – Proverbs 23:7
The undoing of many believers is their erroneous belief that once you are born-again the mind is no longer relevant. To relegate your mind because of salvation will make you to labour like a fool without anything to show – Ecclesiastes 10:15, Psalms 127:2

Jesus our perfect example exhibited high level of wisdom and as He was sent by the father, He has equally sent with the spirit of wisdom, and you know that wisdom is a product of sound mind – Luke 2:52, Mark 6:2, Hebrews 12:2, John 17:18, 20:21

No one can rise above the state of his mind because this is where everything rises and fall from. The state of your mind is what is reflected on the outside. At new birth we have been given the spirit of sound mind – 2Timothy 1:7
The quality of your product is determined largely by your mind. ‘Good thinking, good product.’

Until you are able to think creatively, productively and constructively you may not have any product/service to showcase during and after the lockdown. Remember it is your product or service that will determine your rating and eventual takeover.

To think differently therefore, you must have your mind renewed daily with the word of God, refuse the junks from the social media and don’t post junks, take diligent search of your environment with keen observations, read far and wide the materials of those that have excelled in life and above all,  withdraw to yourself and pray more in the Holy Ghost and have constant fellowship with Him – Romans 12:1-2, Proverbs 4:20-26, 24:30-34, Mark 4:24a, 1Timothy 4:13-16, 2Timothy 3:14-16

God has put the redeemed at an advantage position with the ultimate aim of rescuing mankind from total destruction, hence, there is need to rise up and think differently so the generations tied to our loins for rescue will not end up cursing us.
THIS IS INDEED OUR BEST MOMENT EVER, WE CANNOT AFFORD TO DISAPPOINT GOD AT SUCH A CRUCIAL TIME AS THIS – Isaiah 60:1-3 Matthew 5:14-16

REMEMBER THAT HEAVEN IS THE ULTIMATE DESTINATION OF THE REDEEMED BUT NOT WITHOUT LIVING RIGHT.

Right now, In the Mighty Name of Jesus, I command the invasion of your mental system by the Holy Ghost for creative, productive and constructive thinking bringing about out of this world order of innovations and inventions for your global reckoning – Job 32:8, Proverbs 8:10-12, Isaiah 60:20-22

SEE YOU AT THE TOPMOST TOP.

REMAIN EVER BLESSED.

JESUS IS LORD.
PST ISRAEL AKINSANYA
pstisraelmeg@gmail.com
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL

BY DR. PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

THURSDAY, 7TH MAY 2020

TOPIC: PRAYER AND FAITH

SCRIPTURE: Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Mark 11:24

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: God is moved by faith and not by tears; He is moved by faith, and not by sentiments.

It is clear from Scriptures that prayer is not just what we do when we are in need of something from God; prayer is the lifestyle of the believer. The prayer of a believer is to be robed in faith in order to get answers from God.

There is therefore, a relationship between prayer and faith. Faith moves God into action on the behalf of the believer. When your prayer is robed with faith, God moves into action (Hebrews 11:6). 

God is moved by faith and not by tears; He is moved by faith, and not by sentiments. Faith is the guarantee of victory over the enemy (1 John 5:4). At the place of prayer, it is your faith that puts the devil where he belongs. It is faith that engages the enemy and brings him to defeat. Mountains are moved by faith; faith is the secret of saying it and seeing it (Mark 11:23).

Now, one way to activate your faith at the place of prayer is the revelation of God’s Word. The revelation of God’s Word is the fuel of faith (Romans 10:17). Faith is ignited and potentiated by the revealed Word.

Now, the question is, how does the Word of God fuel faith?

a. The Word of God fuels faith by revealing God’s dealings with His people.

When you read Scriptures on how God dealt with His people, for instance, how Abraham and Sarah overcame barrenness, how Joseph passed through the pit and survived Potiphar’s house, your faith will definitely be fuelled. God’s favourable dealings with His people in Scriptures ignite our faith in Him.

b. Revelation is established by God’s provisions and promises.

Your faith is fuelled by God’s promises in scriptures. That is, what He has said He will do in Scriptures (Romans 10:17). When you have the revelation and the conviction, then you can declare with authority (2 Corinthians 4:13).

Beloved, make up your mind to build your faith by studying the Word consistently.

REMEMBER THIS: God is moved by faith and not by tears; He is moved by faith, and not by sentiments.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Increase your faith level daily by reading and studying the Scriptures and other faith-based materials.
2. Always declare your expectations with authority. Never let the enemy have the final say in your life.
PRAYER: Lord, I receive the fuel of faith through Your Word. Let Your promises to me become manifestations in my life, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: PRAYER AND FAITH

QUOTE: Praying without ceasing is the secret of winning without ceasing. Culled from PRINCIPLES AND POWER OF PRAYER by Dr Paul Enenche.
DAILY BIBLE READING: Job 37-39

AMAZING FACT: The heart of a shrimp is located in its head.

PROPHETIC WORD/DECLARATION: Receive a fresh baptism of the spirit of revelation in your life in this season that would spark a new flow of the Spirit of faith in your life in Jesus’ Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: THURSDAY 7TH MAY, 2020*

*TOPIC: LIE LOW AND RISE HIGH! THE WAY UP IS DOWN!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: JAMES 4:1-7.*

That the former WBC Champion, Mr. Deontay Wilder was dethroned opponent Mr. FURY TYSON on Saturday 22nd of February 2020 at Las Vegas is no longer news!

The news to me was what the former champion said before the match, and the consequence of the fight! Fury’s victory came after Wilder had on January 14, boasted that not even God could save Tyson from being defeated by him.

According to “Complete Sports,after the first match, Mr. Wilder said, *“I told you before our first fight that I was going to baptize you. And I did. But not even God can save you the second time around. I promise you that in the second match.”* That was a rare boast against God!

Here is the reward: he was knocked out by Fury and lost the WBC title in a dramatic shameful defeat! Tyson Fury became the WBC heavyweight champion of the world after completely dominating Deontay Wilder! *What a performance from Fury!*

After his victory, Fury Tyson, the new BASIC SCRIPTURE: Champion in full glare of the entire WORLD MEDIA and TV cameras, gave glory to the LORD Jesus Christ! Hear him: *“

All praise to Jesus Christ.”* His brilliant speech, thanking the LORD Jesus and dedicating the victory to Him is rare in that fashion; leaving your opponent with a bloodied face MOUTH and thanking the LORD Jesus! Oh, satan is in trouble because the LORD is a Man of war! But the Holy Ghost is warning you concerning the EVIL OF PRIDE!

In 2020, be humble! Always be the 1st to apologize even when you are not wrong because PRIDE is the longest distance between two people! *Pride is concerned with WHO is right! HUMILITY is concerned with WHAT is right!*

Pride will cost you everything but leave you with NOTHING! The Bible says in Proverbs 16:18 *“Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall”(NLT) and in James 4:6, it says God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.” A Vietnamese proverb says: 

“The higher you climb, the heavier you fall.”* Hear Baruch Spinoza: “Pride is pleasure arising from a man’s thinking too highly of himself. Jesse Jackson once said: “Never look down on anybody unless you are helping them up.” And the great T. S. Eliot noted: *“Most of the trouble in the world is caused by people wanting to be important.”* 

Indeed, Pride is the mother of ARROGANCE when you forget that you are Just a common piece of dust! It was pride that changed angels to devils and it was HUMILITY that changed sinners to saints! Close with this shooter from Andrew Murray to all men and women on the pew or pulpit: “Pride must die in you, or nothing of heaven can live in you. Yes! Pray seriously now!

*Be at the LAGOS Mountain service this Sunday May 10th and next Sunday May 17th as we send IRREVERSIBLE MISTAKES to the camp of your haters and RETURN TO SENDER every mistake programmed against you. Time is 8am. Come with your prayer points. Be ready to pray and cancel mistakes.*

*PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 2: Standing On The Promises Of God…*

1. Pray on today’s word as led now.
2. Thank you Lord for reminding me that I am dust again!
3. God RESISTS THE PROUD because of LUCIFER’S REBELLION! O LORD, shake away PRIDE from my life, family and ministry!
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: NEHEMIAH 1-3*
*BY: BISHOP DR. CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/WRITER_

*SONG 2: STANDING ON THE PROMISES OF GOD*

1. Standing on the promises of Christ my king,
Through eternal ages let his praises ring;
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.

*Refrain:*

_Standing, standing,_
_Standing on the promises of God my Saviour;
_Standing, standing,
_I’m standing on the promises of God._

2. Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,

3. Standing on the promises I now can see
Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,

4. Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to him eternally by love’s strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,

5. Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
Listening every moment to the Spirit’s call,
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Thursday, May 7, 2020*

*TOPIC:**THE CAUSE OF CURSE*
*Read: Genesis 9:18-25*

Genesis 9:18-25 And the sons of Noah, that went forth of the ark, were Shem, and Ham, and Japheth: and Ham is the father of Canaan.

These are the three sons of Noah: and of them was the whole earth overspread.

And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:

And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.

And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.

And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.

And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.

And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.
*MEMORISE: Like a flitting sparrow, like a flying swallow, so a curse without cause shall not alight (Proverbs 26:2)*

*EXPOSITION*

No rationally inclined individual sees curse as a desirable thing. Curses are undoubtedly, products of Satan, sin and self. No curse has positive result. However, there is no curse without a cause! After the flood, only Noah and his family survived (Gen. 9:1ff). 

Life began afresh and everything had to start again from the scratch! Noah became a farmer; he made wine from the fruits of his farm. He drank and became drunk! Like the Bible (Prov. 20:1a) says, 'Wine is a mocker', Noah made mockery of himself by exposing his nakedness (v. 18-19). 

His younger son, Ham, may be, due to ignorance or childishness, did not cover his father's nakedness. This of course attracted curse on him to continually be servant of servants (v. 25).

Reuben, Jacob's first son, also became a victim of curse brought on him through incest. Racheal, Jacob's affectionate wife died prematurely due to curse her husband railed on whoever was in custody of Laban's idol! 

There are so copious other examples of people who fell victim of curses in the Holy Scriptures. Some curses are generational, of which, if the succeeding generation fails to address, may continue, and outlive such generation!

There are also national curses, which the country as a whole must repentantly address. If you continue to tread the path of the accursed, you are going to suffer same thing. So, you do yourself favour by aligning with Christ. Having done this, leave the accumulated curses to Him; He'll deal with them, having been made a curse for us. 

You must thread the path of holiness and righteousness to be free from curses. This is the greatest of all. Anyone who fails to accept Jesus Christ, is already cursed - eternally condemned! May this not become our lot.

*PRAYER POINTS*

1. Lord, remove every kind of curse in my life, in Jesus' name.
2. Let the blood of Jesus erase every deposit and manifestation of curses in our lives, in Jesus' name.
3. Pray against mistakes among our youths, most especially, towards their parents, that bring curses on them.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Samuel 3 - 5 & Romans 12*

*And our world shall experience peace again in Jesus name. Amen............Shalom*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM