The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Friday 1st May
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 

FRIDAY 1ST MAY

THE PERFECTION OF THE HEART

Amaziah was twenty and five years old when he began to reign, and he reigned twenty and nine years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Jehoaddan of Jerusalem. And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, but not with a perfect heart. (2 Chronicles 25:1-2)

What we just read in our theme scripture is quite interesting; it says Amazia did that which was right in the sight of the Lord, but not with a perfect heart. 

God wasn’t judging the rightness of his action, but the perfection of his heart. His conduct was right; at least God said so, but he lacked the heartiness-the quality of hearty sincerity.

We find another example in 1 Kings 15, with King Asa. 1 Kings 15:14 shows a flaw in his actions, which nevertheless, didn’t dent the perfection of his heart as far as God was concerned. It says, “But the high places were not removed: nevertheless Asa’s heart was perfect with LORD all his days”

The foregoing show two people, one whose conduct was right in the sight of God but his heart wasn’t perfect with God; and then another one whose conduct wasn’t perfect, but his heart was perfect with the Lord. Here’s an imperfect heart (Amaziah) doing perfect things, and a perfect heart (Asa) doing imperfect things. 

But God called Abraham to a higher quality of perfection when He said, “…walk before me, and be thou perfect” (Genesis 17:1); He was asking for the perfection that works from within; perfection of the heart that produces perfect actions.

That’s what we have in Christ; you were born perfect after Him, with a perfect heart that produces righteousness. He’s given you that perfection of heart (that perfection of the spirit). 

Believe it; affirm it; and act accordingly. Live from your heart, manifesting His virtues and perfections in you to your world; “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light” (1 Peter 2:9 AMPC)

CONFESSION

Dear Father, I thank you for the perfection of my heart. I produce righteousness, because of the nature of Christ in me. My life is the expression of your glory and excellence, now and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

1 King 15:14; Matthew 5:48; 1 John 4:47

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Luke 24:13-35; 2 Samuel 9-11

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 2:1-11; Psalm 143-144

#TALKINGSESSION 

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You, for I am the first and the best of Your creations; I am indestructible and impregnable to the corrupting influences of this world because greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world.

I am a new creature; I am supernatural. My life is a manifestation of the glory and beauty of divinity. I am alive to God, spirit, soul, and body. 

My heart is flooded with knowledge and spiritual understanding. I know who I am; an heir of God and a joint-heir with Christ. I know what belongs to me in Christ.

I live above lack, sickness, disease, defeat, and all the rudiments of this world. My life is upward and forward only, from glory to glory, from faith to faith, and from grace to grace! 

I'm reigning in Christ, I’ve got the victory; I’ve overcome the world, its systems, economies, and economics. 

I am galloping in a perpetual victory parade. Through me, the knowledge of Christ spreads everywhere; my triumphs of faith effuse the exquisite fragrance of Your glory in every place. 

And as I live in Your Word, I am guided and inspired by Your wisdom to fulfil Your perfect will for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.

DATE:: FRIDAY 1ST MAY, 2020.

THEME:TongueRAYERS FOR CHILDREN.

MEMORISE
Lo, Children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. Psalm 127:3

READ:
 Matthew 19:13-15 (King James Version)

13 Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.

14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

15 And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence.

PRAYERS:

1. Thank God and praise His holy name of the gift of children across the world. Thank and praise Him also for all unborn children.

2.Father, I pray for the salvation of my children and every other child around me.

3.Father, teach all our children Yourself and let them all enjoy great peace as You have promised in Your word (Isaiah 54:13)

4.Father, I commit my children and all other children around me into Your care; do not permit the enemy to harm them.

5.Lord, I separate my children and every other child around me from bad friends and evil influences forever.

6.Father, put an end to every ungodly trend in my family and never let such come near my children.

7.Father, please preserve the purity of my children and every other child around me. Keep them far from the perverseness, corruption and pollution in the world today.

8.Father, like You started to use Samuel at a tender age, use my children and every other child within my sphere of influence for signs and wonders.

9.Father, do not permit any sickness or disease to come near my children and every other child around me.

10.Father, let the future of my children and every other child around me be great.

11.Lord, open the wombs of everyone trusting You for the children and cause them to become fruitful in the mighty name of Jesus.

12.Special prayer request for your children.

I join my faith with yours and pray that the Lord will grant all your request in the mighty name of Jesus.

ACTION POINT
Never make negative pronouncement over your children or any other child. Bless them always.

AUTHOR:  PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE GENERAL OVERSEER OF THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 133

HYMN 6: GOD GIVES US CHRISTIAN HOMES.

1. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the Bible is loved and taught,
Homes where the Master’s will is sought,
Homes crowned with beauty Your love has wrought;
God give us Christian homes;
God give us Christian homes!

2. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the father is true and strong,
Homes that are free from the blight of wrong,
Homes that are joyous with love and song;

3. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the mother, in caring quest,
Strives to show others Your way is best,
Homes where the Lord is an honored guest;

4. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the children are led to know
Christ in His beauty who loves them so, 
Homes where the altar fires burn and glow;
RESTORATION TODAY,

FIDAY, MAY 1, 2020

TOPIC:  *ARE YOU AVAILABLE?*

“And the Syrians had gone out by companies, and had brought away captive out of the land of Israel a little maid; and she waited on Naaman’s wife. And she said unto her mistress, would God my lord were with the prophet that is in Samaria! For he would heal him of his leprosy.” 2 kings 5:2-3.

*MESSAGE* 

Not everyone that God uses has to be in the limelight. There are many people being used by God on daily basis that others do not know about. Nehemiah, for example, is known for rebuilding the walls of Jericho. 

But before God could commit that task into his hand, he was just a cupbearer to King Artaxerxes of Babylon. All he did has cupbearer was to drink what the King was about to drink. If it was poisonous, then that was the end of his job—and his life for that matter. But he was faithful and God used him for greater things.

Then there was the obscure Jewish girl who influenced her unbelievable master, Naaman, to seek out Elisha, the prophet of Israel, to find a healing for his leprosy. She was just a girl, more like a house maid who served Naaman’s wife. Naaman on the other hand was a famous military figure. So this young girl told Naaman’s wife about Elisha: “If only my master were with the prophet who is in Samaria! For he would heal him of his leprosy” (2 kings 5:3). Naaman made the journey to Israel, and indeed he was healed.

This reminds us that God always has his representatives. He always has his people working behind the scenes. Will you make yourself available to Him today? 

*ACTION POINT*
Are you available to be used of God? Ask yourself this today.

*SCRIPTURES*
Nehemiah 1:1-11; 2 Kings 5:1-14.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Father, thank you for your grace over my life;

2. Lord, make me a useable vessel in your house in the name of Jesus; 

3. Father, give me the grace to continue to serve you faithfully in the name of Jesus.

*THE BIBLE OF THE YEAR*
Num. 11:4-35, Prov. 9, 1 Pet. 3:8-22.
BETTER LIFE MESSAGE

DATE : FRIDAY MAY 1, 2020

TOPIC: FIVE BIBLICAL CURRENCIES THAT MAKES LIFE COUNT 5 – Jeremiah 6:16 

“Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.”

It is no longer news today that the global economy is in total disarray and the intellects of the world super powers cannot comprehend the extent of the damage done by this year 2020 global pandemic and the way out remains a mystery to virtually all world leaders. However, this is a pointer to the fact that our God, the Most High, still rules in the kingdom of men – Daniel 4:17

The darkest hour of the world is the best time for the redeemed of the Lord to shine globally. Remember that the entire creature is waiting our manifestation as the sons of God and we cannot afford to fail them – Romans 8:19, Isaiah 60:1-3

It is a global challenge that is allowed by God to wake us up from spiritual slumber, dead to self, collapse various denominations into one indivisible body of Christ and launch us into a global awakening of revival fire burning across the length and breath of the earth.

The saints in the Old Testament rose to stardom right in the midst of most difficult and seemingly impossible situations. But the good news is that, we belong to a better covenant that is established upon better promises and all we need do is to ask for the old paths and walk in it - Hebrews 8:6, Jeremiah 6:16

THE CURRENCY THAT MAKES LIFE COUNT
5.      THE CURRENCY OF FAITH – Hebrews 4:1-2, 11:1-3

The currency of faith is for all season and for all economies. This currency is a force to reckon with especially in the midst global uncertainties. It is a universal legal tender of the spirit and has the force to weather through any financial or economic storms.

According to Ephesians 1:3, all the blessings that will make us enjoy the best of God at all season are available in the realms of the spirit and the only purchasing power obtainable there is the currency of faith. Where paper currency fails, faith will be our only spiritual bailout, hence, the subject of faith is the anchor of Christianity.

Jesus asked two fundamental and remarkable questions from His disciples ‘where is your faith?’ and ‘Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?’ because of the importance of faith amidst situations such as this – Luke 8:25, 18:8

Faith failure is destiny failure. Faith in God and His word will give you and I uncommon access to His blessings. Mark 11:22-25, 9:23, 10:27

Challenges of life including this global pandemic and the economic aftermath has two sides of a coin, it is either to make a victim or a victor depending on your faith.

Therefore, responsibility is laid on us to build up our faith by hearing and studying the word, meditating on the word, praying in the Holy Ghost, associating with faith-filled brethren and above all, speaking God’s word always because the global battles now and in the future can only be won through the good fight of faith – 1Timothy 6:8, 1John 5:4, Romans 10:17, 1Timothy 4:13-16, 2Timothy 2:15, Proverbs 13:20, 18:20-21, Joshua 1:8

The combination and appropriation of these five biblical currencies (Time, Relationship, Character, Favour and Faith) will go a long way to give us our place in destiny the pandemic and global economic meltdown notwithstanding.

In this fifth month, the good hand of the Most High God is released upon you and your family for supernatural accomplishments and accelerated progress. As the Lord lives, your book of remembrance shall be opened for endless flow of favour and blessings that will terminate your dry season and make you a generational blessing in Jesus Mighty Name. Ezra 7:9, Malachi 3:16-18, Genesis 12:2-3, Job 22:29

HAPPY NEW MONTH

SEE YOU AT THE TOPMOST TOP.

REMAIN EVER BLESSED.

JESUS IS LORD.
PST ISRAEL AKINSANYA
pstisraelmeg@gmail.com
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL 

BY DR PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

FRIDAY 1ST MAY, 2020

TOPIC: HOW TO EXPERIENCE THE BEST OF GOD

SCRIPTURE: And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: Deuteronomy 28:1-2

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The Almightiness of God answers to the helplessness of man. The more helpless we are, the more of His help we find.
God has a perfect plan for His people. It is His plan for His people to exist in the realm of excellence. The Church of Jesus Christ is designed to exist in the realm of excellence.

That is why educational institutions founded by the church remain the best institutions of learning in the world. All other educational institutions line up behind the ones founded by the Church. This is God’s plan for you as a Christian. He wants you to excel.

Now, the question is: what are the secrets to experiencing the best of God?

I will give you five of those secrets:

1. Exist with a God-first mentality
Let your life be driven by the God-first, and Kingdom-first mentality (Matthew 6:33). Let the interest of God’s Kingdom be the driving force of your actions in life. The fact is, you can’t put God first and come last in life. To put God first is to come first in life.

2. Apply for the Help of God continually
The help of God is behind the making of man. The Almightiness of God answers to the helplessness of man. The more helpless we are, the more of His help we find. The more we think we deserve what we want, the further it goes away from us (Hebrew 4:16).

3. Make demands on the mantle of your prophetic covering continually (2 Kings 2:14).

Continually make demands on the mantle of your prophetic covering, both for your prosperity and for your preservation.

4. Walk continually in love

Love people and wish them well. If you want to see God at work, walk in love. Let your heart flow with a continual outpouring of goodwill, then, you can experience the best from God (1 John 4:8).

5. Permanently look up to God

Look up to God and not to man, system, talent or ability. The only people who are permitted to see shame are those who look up to any other thing apart from God (Psalm 34:5).

Beloved, I decree that you shall exist in excellence and relevance in Jesus’ Name.

REMEMBER THIS: The Almightiness of God answers to the helplessness of man. The more helpless we are, the more of His help we find.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Put God first in everything you do.
2. Ask for the help of God at the place of prayer continually and make demands on the mantle of your prophetic covering.
3. Never look up to any man as your source; always look up to God.
4. Make up your mind to love people unconditionally.

PRAYER: Lord, I look up to You for Your help and for Your provision always. Give me the heart to love others as You love me, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: EXPERIENCING THE BEST WITH GOD
QUOTE: If you carry the Holy Ghost atmosphere, people are compelled to look at you with dignity and respect. Culled from THE ESSENCE OF CHRISTIANITY by Dr Paul Enenche

DAILY BIBLE READIN: Job 19-21

AMAZING FACT: Cheetahs are the fastest land mammal in the world! Cheetahs can run up to 60 miles per hour (about 97 kilometres) and can go even faster.

PROPHETIC WORD/DECLARATION: The oil of excellence is released upon your life in Jesus’ Name.
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS

DATE: FRIDAY 1ST MAY, 2020

TOPIC: HOLD ON: PATIENCE TRIGGERS THE PROMISE!

BASIC SCRIPTURE: (LUKE 1:26-38)

The great Napoleon Hill of France, one of the most successful generals that ever lived, once declared to his conquering troops: “Impossible is a word found only in the dictionaries of fools. Reject it”!

No wonder his exploits were nearly limitless! In this year 2020, it does not matter how many of your prayer points of the 21-day January fasting programme has been answered or not, don’t lose faith because Jehovah the Elevator will surely visit you and turn your expectations to elevation in Jesus name.

Yes, don’t lower your expectations! There is a sound of the abundance of laughter coming into your house, your marriage, your ministry and career this year.

How do I know? Luke 1:37 says: “For with God nothing shall be impossible.” That means when God is at the centre of any battle, the battle cannot wallow you up, no matter how fierce it looks. Remember that most great inventions/
breakthroughs in the world today, were considered impossible by men or were vehemently resisted at the time.

Beware of those who stand aloof and greet each venture with reproof. The world would stop if things were run by men who say, It can’t be done.
No wonder Oswald Sanders said: “Eyes that look at common. 

Those that see are rare.” In fact, in 1899, a U.S. engineer was said to have declared that, “Everything that can be invented has already been invented.”

The Telephone was later invented the following year! Then a government official wrote the following about the THEN telephone discovery: 

“The telephone has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication.” But today with the advent of Modern phone technology, that memo has been proved wrong.

Oh! Good things take time! Good breakthroughs take time! Good, great and better elevation stories also take time because they are first of all baked in the womb of the spirit! That is why you must not quit trusting Jehovah God!

Oh! Ask those who built the great Pyramid of Egypt and they will secretly inform you that it was by patience that the quarry became a pyramid. It was by patience that the great Coliseum of Rome was built! Hebrews 10:36 says: “For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.”

And what the Holy Ghost is saying to a user of today’s devotional is that IT IS PATIENCE THAT TRIGGERS THE PROMISE! God always shows up for the patient in spirit and He will show up for you in this year 2020. Yes, something good is about to happen! Your ELEVATION HOUR is near! Hold on and hold out!

*52 PROPHETIC MANTLES-IN-ACTION*

*ONE MANTLE PER SUNDAY! 52 WEEKS A YEAR!*
*The Lord gave me a command to release 52 Mantles this year (every week) To be prayed with on the ALTAR of the MANNA MOUNTAIN LAGOS. Testimonies are rolling in! don’t miss any! SEE YOU ANY SUNDAY, 8am! This is your year!*

PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 1: When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder…

1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led now.
2. LORD, with YOU I believe that nothing shall be impossible unto me this year in Jesus name. Pray about this new month.
3. Father, I will wait on You daily this year in Jesus name. anxiety/worry; loose me and go!

THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: (2 CHRONICLES 26-29)
BISHOP DR. CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)PUBLISHER/WRITER

SONG 1: WHEN THE ROLL IS CALLED UP YONDER

1. When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound, and time shall be no more,
And the morning breaks, eternal, bright and fair
When the saved of earth shall gather over on the other shore,
And the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there.

REFRAIN:

When the roll, is called up yon-der,
When the roll is called up yonder I'll be there

2. On that bright and cloudless morning when the dead in Christ shall rise,
And the glory of His resurrection share
When His chosen ones shall gather to their home beyond the skies,

3. Let us labor for the Master from the dawn till setting sun,
Let us talk of all His wondrous love and care
Then when all of life is over, and our work on earth is done,
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Friday, May 1, 2020. - Labour Day (Nigeria)*

*TOPIC:**BEHOLD, THE MIGHTY MEN OF DAVID*
*Read: 2 Samuel 23:1-39*

2 Samuel 23:1-39 Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said,
The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

And he shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, even a morning without clouds; as the tender grass springing out of the earth by clear shining after rain.

Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure: for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow.
But the sons of Belial shall be all of them as thorns thrust away, because they cannot be taken with hands:

But the man that shall touch them must be fenced with iron and the staff of a spear; and they shall be utterly burned with fire in the same place.

These be the names of the mighty men whom David had: The Tachmonite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adino the Eznite: he lift up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time.

And after him was Eleazar the son of Dodo the Ahohite, one of the three mighty men with David, when they defied the Philistines that were there gathered together to battle, and the men of Israel were gone away:

He arose, and smote the Philistines until his hand was weary, and his hand clave unto the sword: and the LORD wrought a great victory that day; and the people returned after him only to spoil.

And after him was Shammah the son of Agee the Hararite. And the Philistines were gathered together into a troop, where was a piece of ground full of lentiles: and the people fled from the Philistines.

But he stood in the midst of the ground, and defended it, and slew the Philistines: and the LORD wrought a great victory.

And three of the thirty chief went down, and came to David in the harvest time unto the cave of Adullam: and the troop of the Philistines pitched in the valley of Rephaim.

And David was then in an hold, and the garrison of the Philistines was then in Bethlehem.
And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate!

And the three mighty men brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: nevertheless he would not drink thereof, but poured it out unto the LORD.

And he said, Be it far from me, O LORD, that I should do this: is not this the blood of the men that went in jeopardy of their lives? therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mighty men.

And Abishai, the brother of Joab, the son of Zeruiah, was chief among three. And he lifted up his spear against three hundred, and slew them, and had the name among three.

Was he not most honourable of three? therefore he was their captain: howbeit he attained not unto the first three.
And Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, the son of a valiant man, of Kabzeel, who had done many acts, he slew two lionlike men of Moab: he went down also and slew a lion in the midst of a pit in time of snow:

And he slew an Egyptian, a goodly man: and the Egyptian had a spear in his hand; but he went down to him with a staff, and plucked the spear out of the Egyptian's hand, and slew him with his own spear.
These things did Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, and had the name among three mighty men.
He was more honourable than the thirty, but he attained not to the first three. And David set him over his guard.

Asahel the brother of Joab was one of the thirty; Elhanan the son of Dodo of Bethlehem,
Shammah the Harodite, Elika the Harodite,
Helez the Paltite, Ira the son of Ikkesh the Tekoite,
Abiezer the Anethothite, Mebunnai the Hushathite,
Zalmon the Ahohite, Maharai the Netophathite,
Heleb the son of Baanah, a Netophathite, Ittai the son of Ribai out of Gibeah of the children of Benjamin,
Benaiah the Pirathonite, Hiddai of the brooks of Gaash,
Abialbon the Arbathite, Azmaveth the Barhumite,
Eliahba the Shaalbonite, of the sons of Jashen, Jonathan,
Shammah the Hararite, Ahiam the son of Sharar the Hararite,
Eliphelet the son of Ahasbai, the son of the Maachathite, Eliam the son of Ahithophel the Gilonite,
Hezrai the Carmelite, Paarai the Arbite,
Igal the son of Nathan of Zobah, Bani the Gadite,
Zelek the Ammonite, Naharai the Beerothite, armourbearer to Joab the son of Zeruiah,
Ira an Ithrite, Gareb an Ithrite,
Uriah the Hittite: thirty and seven in all.
*MEMORISE: For even Christ did not please Himself; but as it is written, "The reproaches of those who reproached You fell on Me" (Romans 15:3)*

*EXPOSITION*

Disloyalty, rebellion, betrayal, mistrust, and all sorts of conspiracies are rife in our world today, most especially, in workplaces, between employers and employees, bosses and servants. They are equally common among friends, brethren in the church, and spouses. 

What led to the folding up of some businesses is the backstabbing attitudes/actions of some of those employed and replied upon to be true agents and representatives (image-makers) of such organisations. 

Are you sure you are not the selfish type, majorly concerned with their own well being, even at the expense of others?

Many labourers do not prioritise the health and growth of what is put in their care. They are only interested in what goes into their pockets. Nations are also groaning under this sabotage tendencies. The "national cake" is almost exhausted, by the selfish disposition and activities of some selected few. They think less, if any at all, of what becomes of unborn and upcoming generations.

The Bible tells of the mighty men of David. Who were they? Men of honour, who loyally fought alongside David. Characteristically, they were reliable, dependable, committed and supportive men. David's success story wouldn't have been complete without a mention of these faithful nationalists. Some of them put their lives on the line to defend the king.

Why do we have few faithful and loyal servants, today? Are there still the likes of Eliezer of Damascus to Abraham? How trustworthy or faithful are you (1 Cor. 4:2)? No wonder many people usually fall flat, because they have no mighty men. After all, they had never been mighty men to others. Whose mighty man/woman are you?

*PRAYER POINTS*

1. I refuse to be an unreliable, irresponsible, undependable and unsupportive man or woman, in Jesus' name.
2. Lord, forgive me and deliver me from every unwholesome character that has led me to betraying and disappointing people who look up to me.
3. Lord, heal the wounds of those Christians who are emotionally or psychologically broken-down because they have been betrayed or disappointed.
*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Samuel 19 - 20 & Romans 6*

*I wish you happy New month, this month shall usher-in an era of laughter in our lives and the pandemic shall be over in Jesus name. 

Amen............Shalom*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM