The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Thursday 30th April
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 

THURSDAY 30TH APRIL.

BOLDLY DECLARE YOUR FAITH

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18).

Why did Peter, a disciple of Jesus Christ, deny Jesus three times? It was because of fear. He was afraid that he could be arrested and killed if he affirmed openly that he knew Jesus. And guess who confronted him? 

A maid, not even the soldiers. Yet, Peter, out of fear, denied the Master.

Such still happens today. Many live under the shadow of what others, most of whom they don’t even know, would say about them or do to them for openly identifying with Jesus. 

But not when you’re full of the Holy Spirit! Don’t worry if you’re ostracised, criticised or mocked because of Jesus Christ. It’s actually a blessing—a great one at that—to be “humiliated” or persecuted for His sake.

God gave you His Spirit to live in you and embolden you, so you’ll never be timid or intimidated to proclaim Jesus Christ openly and affirm your faith at every given opportunity.

When the same Peter who was initially full of fear received the Holy Spirit, his life was completely altered; he became fearless! In spite of the large and intimidating crowd present on the day of Pentecost, he proclaimed the Gospel with such boldness and power that resulted in a mighty harvest of souls into the Kingdom. Hallelujah!

It’s an honour to know Jesus and to serve Him. Be bold about your association and union with Him. Don’t care what others would say or do to you because of your love for Him. Serve Him with all your heart and live for Him in truth.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I’m honoured and joyful to be identified with Jesus. I have the most sublime identity and I know it! I’m ever bold and confident, ever ready with utmost enthusiasm to proclaim the news of your saving power, fulfilling my ministry in the Gospel, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Acts 18:9-11 AMPC; 2 Timothy 1:7; Luke 12:8-9

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Luke 23:50-24:1-12; 2 Samuel 7-8

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 1:22-31; Psalm 141-142

#TALKINGSESSION 

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Thanks be unto God who daily loads me with benefits! He’s made all grace—every favour and earthly blessing—come to me in abundance, such that I am always and under all circumstances and whatever the need, self-sufficient—possessing enough to require no aid or support, and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation. Hallelujah. 

Thank You for giving me the opportunity and ability to influence those in my sphere of contact with the power of the Spirit. 

Thank You for Your blessings and extraordinary provisions in my life. I live to honour You alone, by dedicating my whole life to the expansion of Your kingdom. 

I thank You because You have given me authority over the devil and his cohorts. The victory of Jesus over the devil and the entire host of darkness was for my sake.

The enemy has no place in my home, in my body, my finances, or anywhere around me, in the Mighty Name of Jesus! Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY 30TH APRIL 2020.

THEME: PRACTICAL CHRISTIAN WITHNESSING.  

MEMORISE:

Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. Acts 2:47

READ: Acts 4:31-37

31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

All Christians are called to witness the gospel of Jesus Christ to the whole world. This witnessing entails telling sinners, the wicked, poor, sick, oppressed, bound and hopeless about the power of God to set them free. Christians usually witness to others by presenting themselves as beneficiaries of the grace, mercy and love of Jesus so others may follow in their footsteps by accepting Him as their Lord and Savior.

Unfortunately, many Christians witness for Jesus in words alone. For these categories of Christians, their lifestyle contradicts the message they preach and this pushes the unsaved further from salvation. 

This is where practical Christian witnessing comes into play. Practical Christian witnessing is Christianity without pretense. It is revealed in behavior, proven by action or performance, tested by trial and undeterred by persecution. Matthew 5:16 says: 

“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”

Knowing God is not the same as going to church, and loving God is not the same as being involved in church activities. If you love God it will show in the way you conduct the affairs of your life. If you know God, the evidence will be seen in the way you relate with people around you. 

If anyone is living contrary to God’s word, all that he or she offers to God will amount to nothing before the Almighty. Sometimes ago, at the Redemption Camp, I had to tell everyone “If you know you are not genuinely saved by the blood of Jesus, there is no need to give any offering to God. 

He will not accept the offering and worship of sinners.” Our lives must count for God first, before other things can follow. God wants His children to be His true representatives. 1 Peter 2:12 says: “Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.”

PRAYER POINT:

Father, please help me to be faithful to You and to live a practical Christian life before the world.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 5:1-10
1 Chronicles 11-12

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 20:  NEARER, MY GOD TO THEE.

1. Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee!
E’en though it be a cross that raiseth me,
Still all my song shall be, nearer, my God, to Thee.
o Refrain:
Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee!

2. Though like the wanderer, the sun gone down,
Darkness be over me, my rest a stone;
Yet in my dreams I’d be nearer, my God, to Thee.

3. There let the way appear, steps unto Heav’n;
All that Thou sendest me, in mercy giv’n;
Angels to beckon me nearer, my God, to Thee.

4. Then, with my waking thoughts bright with Thy praise,
Out of my stony griefs Bethel I’ll raise;
So by my woes to be nearer, my God, to Thee.

5. Or, if on joyful wing cleaving the sky,
Sun, moon, and stars forgot, upward I’ll fly,
Still all my song shall be, nearer, my God, to Thee.

6. There in my Father’s home, safe and at rest,
There in my Savior’s love, perfectly blest;
Age after age to be nearer, my God, to Thee.
RESTORATION TODAY

THURSDAY, APRIL 30 , 2020.

TOPIC: *FORGET YOUR PAST MISTAKES (2).*

"Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.  43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:18-19.

*MESSAGE*
Yesterday, we began to consider what the bible says about the mistakes we've made in the past. We saw two verses from the Word of God about this. Today, we will look at one more verse---our text verse for today.

*3. #Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert." (Isaiah 43:18-19).* When we've done something wrong, we might think that we've ruined our chances. But God doesn't see it like that. He loves to give us a fresh, clean start. He asks us not to look back, but instead, to focus on what He's got lined up for our future.

The only reason for us to remember our past mistakes is when we're learning something from them. We can't go back and rewrite history. When we dwell on the past it's always at the expense of the future. But when we learn from the past it has potential to make our future better.

*ACTION POINT*
?️  Meditate on today's verse (Isaiah 43:18-19) and spend a few minutes asking God to show you the new thing He's got planned for your future.

*SCRIPTURES*
1 John 2:12; Isaiah 43:18-19, 25; Hebrews 8:12.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1.  Thank you Lord for your plans for my future;

2.  Lord, help me to let go of my past mistakes in the name of Jesus;

3.  Father, put my adversary to shame again in the name of Jesus.

*THE BIBLE OF THE YEAR*
Num. 10:11-11.3, Prov. 8, 1 Pet. 2:11-37.
BETTER LIFE MESSAGE

DATE : THURSDAY APRIL 30, 2020

TOPIC: FIVE BIBLICAL CURRENCIES THAT MAKES LIFE COUNT 4 – Jeremiah 3:16 

“Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.”

All that the redeemed child of God would ever need to make the most of his God-appointed race, fulfill destiny in a grand style and command the attention of the world are available in God, all he needs to know is how to access it and commit himself to the demands of it by accepting responsibility early – Hebrews 12:1-2, Ecclesiastes 10:15

The secrets of men are in their stories. Nobody rise to stardom in this kingdom by default, men only rise by the discovery and application of some fundamental biblical truth. “There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.” Proverbs 16:25

That it looks right does not make it right, hence Jesus said in Matthew 11:28 “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Until we are willing to align to the demands of ‘the way, the truth and the life’ John 14:6, we may not be able access the heart of God.

All our covenant fathers didn’t start their lives with paper currency but with biblical currencies hence, Jeremiah 6:16 instructs us to ask for the old paths and walk in it so as to find rest. 

The correct application of these biblical currencies guarantees access to the realms of fortune and stardom that life’s effort cannot give you. Imagine Jacob that left his father’s house with nothing but at his return it was unimaginable fortune – Genesis 32:10

With these biblical currencies at work in you, tribal, academic, gender, race and all kinds of limitations are lifted and nothing that you truly desire would be denied you.

THE CURRENCY THAT MAKES LIFE COUNT
4.      THE CURRENCY OF FAVOUR – Psalms 44:1-3, 30:5-7

Favour is God’s signature of approval on the redeemed to authenticate God’s ever abiding presence with him. Before Jesus ascended to heaven during His 40days post resurrection with His disciples, He made it crystal clear that His presence will be with those who believe until the end of the world – Matthew 28:20

You can’t be a carrier of God’s presence and not enjoy His favour all the time. Divine presence is the doorway to a life of favour. Genesis 39:1-6, 20-23
Qualifications without favour equals hard labour with hardship.
Divine favour is the cure to misfortune and empty life. Exodus 3:21

Until favour comes, life remains a  struggle and bunch of frustration. The best of a man's life is at the mercy of God’s favour. You don’t need paper currency to own a house, car and other material possessions, they can come by favour – Psalms 44:1-3, Deut 6:10-11

There are places you will never get to without favour. There are people you will never meet until favour comes. There are heights you will never attain without favour. Dreams will never see the light of the day until  you are walking in divine favour.

An ignorant believer will be subjected to more hardship than the worst sinner.

THINGS THAT FOLLOWS THE FAVOURED.
I. FAVOUR MAKES YOU PREFERRED ABOVE OTHERS. Esther 2:9, 15-17
II. FAVOUR MAKES YOU TO STAND OUT AND BE DISTINGUISHED. Daniel 1:20
III. FAVOUR GIVES YOU ACCESS TO UNCOMMON PRIVILEGES - Esther 2:15-17, 4:10-11, 5:1-6
IV. FAVOUR BRINGS SUDDEN TURNAROUNDS IN EVERY AREA OF LIFE. Genesis 39:1-6, 20-23, 41:38-44
V. FAVOUR TURNS IMPOSSIBILITIES TO POSSIBILITIES - Luke 1:26-38
VI. FAVOUR SUSPENDS THE NATURAL, SCIENTIFIC LAWS, PRINCIPLES AND BYE PASS PROTOCOLS TO PRODUCE WHAT EYES HAVE NOT SEEN, EARS HAVE NOT HEARD AND WHAT HAS NOT ENTERED INTO THE HEARTS OF MEN. Mary the mother of JESUS - 1Cor 2:9, Luke 1:30-35
VI. FAVOUR WILL PRODUCE SUPERNATURAL VICTORY IN THE MIDST OF BATTLES. 2Chronicles 20:1-24
VII. FAVOUR WILL PRESERVES THE RIGHTEOUS FROM THE EVIL DEVICES OF THE WICKED. Psalms 5:12
VII. FAVOUR WILL OPEN UP A CLOSED DESTINY.
The brethren of Joseph thought they have succeeded in closing his destiny but God's favour opened it up again. Gen 39:1-6, 21-22

KEYS TO OPERATING IN THE REALMS OF DIVINE FAVOUR

1. GENUINE SALVATION
New birth brings us into favour with God and man – Psalms 5:12, 2Cor. 5:21, Acts 2:47
2. KINGDOM PROMOTION AS A LIFESTYLE
– Psalms 102:13-15, Matthew 6:33, Luke 2:49, 52, Hebrews 12:1-2
✓ No one ever runs out of favour, running after God and the interest of His kingdom  – Psalms 34:10, Matthew 6:33
3. MEEKNESS – James 4:6, 1Peter 5:5-6, Genesis 41:15-16, Daniel 2:30
4. HIGH PRAISE IN HONOUR OF GOD – Mark 6:21-23, Esther 5:1-3, Isaiah 61:3, Acts 2:47
A praise lifestyle makes a believer a mobile ark of God because God is domiciled in praise and praise triggers divine favour - Psalms 22:3
Favour here includes, marital settlement, supernatural promotion, supernatural fruitfulness, Career and Academic Breakthroughs, material possessions etc. – Proverbs 18:22, Genesis 39:5, 21, Luke 1:28-31, Deut 6:10-11, Psalms 44:3

Remember this always, ‘A favoured man is a blessed man and it is the blessing of God that makes rich and add no sorrow to it – Proverbs 10:22, 23:4-5

From today and beyond, I command the oil of God’s Favour to rest upon you and your family for an uncommon access to unimaginable blessings and daily turnaround order of testimonies that will silence all your mockers and enemies in Jesus Mighty Name.

SEE YOU AT THE TOPMOST TOP.

REMAIN EVER BLESSED.
JESUS IS LORD.
PST ISRAEL AKINSANYA
pstisraelmeg@gmail.com
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL 

BY DR PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

THURSDAY 30TH APRIL, 2020

TOPIC: THE DANGER OF CONFORMITY TO SOCIETAL INFLUENCE

SCRIPTURE: And with Absalom went two hundred men out of Jerusalem, that were called; and they went in their simplicity, and they knew not anything. 2 Samuel 15:11.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: To follow the people of the world is to die with them.

We live in a generation where people, especially the youths, are under pressure to socialize or fraternize with many people. And in the course of such socializations or fraternizations, many destinies are lost.

Negative societal influence is disastrous to destiny. There are many people who are regretting their current status in life as a result of yielding their lives to the influence of the society. 

They followed the negative influence of society and were told how to do many things and they agreed; the society told them how to dress, how to look and behave, and they agreed to the detriment of their destinies. 

When we follow negative societal influence, we jeopardise our destinies. But that will never be your portion, in Jesus’ Name.

Our anchor Scripture makes it clear that two hundred men of Israel followed Absalom, the son of King David in his rebellion and they all perished. 

Absalom was fighting his father; he wanted to push his father from the throne and take over as king while his father was still alive. So, he mobilized two hundred men of Jerusalem who did not know what was in his mind, and they joined him in his rebellion. 

They were influenced by Absalom and they perished by that wrong influence. The lesson here is: to follow the people of the world is to die with them. But I decree that you shall not follow the people of the world and perish like them in Jesus’ Name.

Some time ago, a man told me that people do not like him. And I told him that even though people don’t like him, I like him. This is because he did not offend me. Even though some people are angry with him, I refused to be influenced by those who are not happy with him. 

I couldn’t also begin to get angry with him because some people were angry with him. He has not offended me, and no need to be angry with him. I wouldn’t be influenced by people to do what is not correct.

Beloved, do not let anyone recruit you into bitterness. If someone is angry with a person and you don’t know why he is angry with the person, do not allow him to initiate you into his anger.
Remember this: To follow the people of the world is to die with them.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Let the principles of the Word of God be your guiding principles in life and destiny.
2. Refuse to follow the people of the world in doing what they do.

PRAYER: Lord, I receive the grace to make Your Word the guiding principle of my life. Help me not to be deceived by the world, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: ENEMIES OF DISTINCTION (PART 6).
QUOTE: You do not belong to the spectator stand of life. You are not destined to be a casual observer. Culled from “BE WISE AND RISE” by Dr Paul Enenche.

AMAZING FACT: Dogs' sense of smell is about 100, 000 times stronger than humans', but they have just one-sixth our number of taste buds.
DAILY READINGg: Job 16-18.

PROPHETIC WORD: You shall not end like the people of the world in Jesus Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS

*DATE: THURSDAY 30TH APRIL, 2020*

*TOPIC: DON’T KILL THAT FISH! FIRE YOUR PASSION!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: MATTHEW 17:24-27*

Verse 24 of today’s Word says, “And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, ‘Doth not your Master pay tribute?” Wow! Jesus was confronted by tax collectors.

They said to Him, “Master, WHERE IS YOUR TAX?” Oh! I decree that whatever will lead to you being embarrassed financially this year; let the anointing and the mercy of God scatter it today in Jesus name. so, the LORD Jesus needed to pay them off, but there was NO MONEY in His hands. What? You mean Jesus was broke? Yes! *HE WAS BROKE SO THAT YOU WILL NOT BE BROKE!*

Secondly, He wanted to TEACH his disciples, the Tax Collectors, you are every child of God that He has DOMINION over all things and you too can. He wanted to REVEAL to us the principle of SUPERNATURAL SUPPLIES in the time of lack. 

He wanted to PROVE to you that ALL THINGS ARE YOURS and that YOU can take delivery of them when you need to and nothing can stop you or EMBARRASS YOU! Vs. 27 says: “…go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened its mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for Me and thee.”

Jesus directed Peter to go and take money from the mouth of a fish. That FISH was the answer to that financial battle. And what the Holy Ghost is saying to a user of today’s devotional is that, no matter what you’re going through financially and otherwise, God has positioned *“

A FISH”* to take care of it. *The word “Fish” here, means something legal that will take care of you and all yours! “FISH” means a HELPER! “FISH” means – A VERY PRESENT HELP IN TROUBLE! “FISH” means – an embarrassment stopper!* On this earth you have your own fish! And I prophesy: The FISH holding your ALL-ROUND ELEVATION and TESTIMONY shall VOMIT it before 2020 is over in Jesus name.

Any kind of EMBARRASSMENT MUST END BY FIRE! The MOUTH of that FISH represents anything you are doing, your business, job, career, etc. Oh! May your fish not die this year! If Peter had come back to tell Jesus all the fish in the river had died, would there be any MONEY? NO! 

The Holy Ghost through today’s devotional is saying to you, “DON’T KILL YOUR FISH.” As a worker in the bank, government, ministry/
parastatal, private sector, self employed, etc, don’t kill your fish. 

When you are lazy and carefree about what you do, you are killing your own fish.

When you’re not crazy and passionate about what you’re doing, that fish may die. Whatever you are doing, if there is no zeal and passion, it will die. Resist discouragement! Be focused! Be aggressive! 

Be rugged and dogged! Be resilient in all you do! Put in extraordinary passion towards that goal or dream. Let the word know that you are not a quitter! I see the mouth of your fish opening wider this year! Amen and amen!

*PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 2: Standing On The Promises Of God…*
1. Thank God and pray about today’s word as led now.
2. Lord, I loose my fish now by fire in Jesus name.
3. My Father, my Father, the fish You have sent to take care of me will not die in Jesus name.
4. O God, in this year 2020, I shall not lack DIVINE PROVISION!
5. O God, put money in the mouth of MY FISH! Stop every embarrassment arrow in Jesus name *(pray it seriously).*
6. Pray about today and about any other issue(s) affecting your peace now.
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: 2CHRONICLES 23-25*
*BISHOP DR. CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/WRITER_

*SONG 2: STANDING ON THE PROMISES OF GOD*

1. Standing on the promises of Christ my king,
Through eternal ages let his praises ring;
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.

*Refrain:*

_Standing, standing,_
Standing on the promises of God my Saviour;
_Standing, standing,_
_I’m standing on the promises of God._

2. Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,

3. Standing on the promises I now can see
Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,

4. Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to him eternally by love’s strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,

5. Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
Listening every moment to the Spirit’s call,
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Thursday, April 30, 2020*

*TOPIC:**THE PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE*
*Read: Daniel 1:1-9*

Daniel 1:1-9 In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah came Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon unto Jerusalem, and besieged it.
And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God: which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god; and he brought the vessels into the treasure house of his god.

And the king spake unto Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs, that he should bring certain of the children of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the princes;

Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans.

And the king appointed them a daily provision of the king's meat, and of the wine which he drank: so nourishing them three years, that at the end thereof they might stand before the king.
Now among these were of the children of Judah, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah:

Unto whom the prince of the eunuchs gave names: for he gave unto Daniel the name of Belteshazzar; and to Hananiah, of Shadrach; and to Mishael, of Meshach; and to Azariah, of Abed-nego.

But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.

Now God had brought Daniel into favour and tender love with the prince of the eunuchs.
*MEMORISE: Inasmuch as an excellent spirit, knowledge, understanding, interpreting dreams, solving riddles, and explaining enigmas were found in this Daniel, whom the king named Belteshazzar, now let Daniel be called, and he will give the interpretation (Daniel 5:12)*

*EXPOSITION*

Excellence is a complex subject that has comprehensive meanings. It is the quality of being outstanding. 

It means extremely good. It is to do a common thing in an uncommon way, i.e. doing common things uncommonly well. It is doing things with distinction, meritoriously, with an aura of fineness and brilliance, and is the opposite of mediocrity.

It is to put the uncommon effort into the common task, making it large by doing it in a great way. You may not be able to do big or great things, but no matter what you do, do it in a great way.
This is what is called Excellence. 

The tone of Proverbs 22:29, for instance, connotes the desire of God for excellence among His people.
For Christians, achieving excellence starts with possessing an excellent spirit. An excellent spirit is an extraordinary spirit, an exceptional and unusual ability to do things to the best God so desires for us (Dan. 5:12; 6:3). 

According to Numbers 14:24, excellent spirit is that spirit positively different from others who most likely celebrate mediocrity or complacency. People with excellent spirit hold to a higher moral standard of living than the people of the world (Psa. 119:99-100).

It is the Holy Spirit who empowers one to do what ordinary people cannot do (Jn. 6:63; Acts 1:8-9). With Him, it is easy for you to achieve excellence. In addition, you must strive to be filled with Him constantly (Eph. 5:18).

Above all, there are prerequisites to living a life of excellence, including, discovering your purpose for living, having a clearly defined vision, understanding and maximizing your potentials; being hard working and resolute, going the extra mile, making the most of every opportunity, and being willing to do things positively and differently.

*PRAYER POINTS*

1. As you gave it to Daniel, Lord, give me an excellent spirit.
2. Lord, strengthen me to take the necessary hard steps to achieve excellence in life.
3. Pray for our students in higher institutions of learning, that God should help them to pursue academic excellence with all diligence.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Samuel 17 - 18 & Romans 5*

*We receive our freedom from coronavirus in Jesus name. Amen..........Shalom*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM