The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Wednesday 29th April
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 

WEDNESDAY 29TH APRIL.

IMPACTING LIVES WITH THE GOSPEL

Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill (Matthew 5:14 MSG).

We read in the Book of Acts that God wrought many unusual miracles through the hands of Paul. Handkerchiefs and aprons were taken from his body, and when those materials were brought in contact with sick people, they were healed and those who were oppressed of demons were set free.

But something interesting to note is that the handkerchiefs and aprons didn’t do anything; they had no intelligence or mind of their own. However, they had become impacted with the Spirit to become a conduit for God’s power. 

Nonetheless, even though the power of God was in them, they couldn’t do anything until someone transported them from Paul to where there was a need—to the sick and the oppressed.

This is what happens with you that are born again and filled with the Spirit. Until and unless you take or channel the power in you to where there’s a need, there’ll be no manifestation of the power in you. A Christian can be as “lifeless” as the handkerchiefs and aprons from Paul, until he or she comes in contact with the need in men’s lives. 

That’s why you must be about God’s business of soul winning.
Out in the world is where the need is; that’s where you find the rendezvous of broken humanity. You may never make impact with the power in you until you leave your comfort zone, and make contact with those in need. 

You were born as an agent of change; an influence and an answer to the cry of the needy in your world. Therefore, put the glory in you to work; manifest the virtues and perfections of Christ which are in your spirit.

It’ll be a great waste to have the Holy Spirit and live an ordinary life. If you were the only one that’s filled with the Holy Spirit in your town, city or country, there should still be a remarkable impact with the Gospel. Make the choice to rule your world; impact lives with the Gospel, for that’s the desire of the Spirit and His will for your life.

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for your extraordinary grace and glory in my life; thank you for the special privilege to be a blessing to my world, bringing illumination and meaning to the lives of many through the Gospel. My light shines everywhere, dispelling evil, wickedness and ushering men into the glorious liberty of the sons of God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Isaiah 60:1-2; 1 Corinthians 9:16-17; Acts 1:8

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Luke 23:26-49; 2 Samuel 4-6

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 1:10-21; Psalm 139-140

#TALKINGSESSION 

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for my life is the expression of Your glory, grace, perfection, beauty, and righteousness. 

The excellence and virtues of divinity are manifested in, and through, me in ever-increasing splendour! 

I am continually transfigured from glory to glory, by the Spirit, as I behold Your glory in the Word. Thank You for Your grace and power at work in me to be effective in soul-winning. 

As a minister of reconciliation and steward of the mysteries of Christ, I faithfully take the light of Your glorious Gospel to my world, and the regions beyond, transforming and building lives by the power of the Holy Spirit. 

I thank You for setting up Your headquarters in me and making me Your centre of operation. I am strong and courageous!

I see glory, victory, success, and triumph all around me. 

I see with the eyes of the Spirit, through the Word, my glorious heritage in Christ, and my heart greatly rejoices, for in Him I see my salvation, strength, courage, victory, and righteousness! Halleluiah! 

I have peace in my spirit! I testify that I am at peace in every situation, for Christ is my peace! I live and walk in peace, every day of my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: WEDNESDAY 29TH APRIL 2020.

THEME: POSITIVE OBSESSION.  

MEMORISE:

But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye. Acts 4:19

READ: Romans 8:35-39

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

An obsession is an excessive devotion to someone or something, even to the point of personal loss, injury or death. The word is often applied in a negative sense, but the Bible tells us that Jesus loved and obeyed God to the point of obsession. The word of God counsels us to develop the particular kind of mind that was in Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:5-8 says: 
“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus….. being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.”

Jesus during His earthly ministry loved God and was obedient to His commandments even to the point of death- an excruciating death on the cross. God therefore expects all His children to follow Christ’s example by loving Him with all our being. If you have ever been so deeply and passionately in love with someone to the point of obsession, you may lose your appetite and forget to eat, your mind may become occupied with nothing else but that person. This kind of positive obsession is hinged on love. Matthew 22:37-38 has this to say: “Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.”

Therefore, we are enjoined to first and foremost love God with all our hearts, because we need to have the love of God before we can truly appreciate what love is and then reciprocate by showing love to others. 1 John 4:7-8 says: “Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.” As Christians, we must obsessively love God with all our being, and always radiate His love to our neighbors. 

PRAYER POINT:

Father, please give me the grace to love You with all my heart, with all my soul and with all my mind, in the Mighty Name of Jesus.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 102-104.

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 11:  I AM SO GLAD THAT OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN.

1. I am so glad that our Father in Heav’n
Tells of His love in the Book He has giv’n;
Wonderful things in the Bible I see,
This is the dearest, that Jesus loves me.
o Refrain:
I am so glad that Jesus loves me,
Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me;
I am so glad that Jesus loves me,
Jesus loves even me.

2. If I forget Him and wander away,
Still He doth love me wherever I stray;
Back to His dear loving arms would I flee,
When I remember that Jesus loves me.

3. Oh, if there’s only one song I can sing,
When in His beauty I see the great King,
This shall my song through eternity be,
“Oh, what a wonder that Jesus loves me!”

4. Jesus loves me, and I know I love Him;
Love brought Him down my poor soul to redeem;
Yes, it was love made Him die on the tree;
Oh, I am certain that Jesus loves me!

5. If one should ask of me, how can I tell?
Glory to Jesus, I know very well!
God’s Holy Spirit with mine doth agree,
Constantly witnessing Jesus loves me.

6. In this assurance I find sweetest rest,
Trusting in Jesus, I know I am blest;
Satan, dismayed, from my soul now doth flee,
When I just tell him that Jesus loves me.
BETTER LIFE MESSAGE

DATE : WEDNESDAY APRIL 29, 2020

TOPIC: FIVE BIBLICAL CURRENCIES THAT MAKES 

LIFE COUNT 3 – – Hebrews 12:1-2 “Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth easily beset us and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despise the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.”

Over celebration of paper currency above all other biblical currencies has been the reason why too many people globally are suffering. Destinies of multitudes have been enslaved to the ‘paper called money’ hence, they have become errand boys and girls to money. Crime rate is daily increasing as a result of the love of money. No doubt, money is good but it cannot meet all your needs – 1Timothy 6:9-10

All our covenant fathers from nothing emerged as the envy of their world because of these biblical currencies they engaged. As a redeemed child of God, your case should be different from the rest of the world because, before this pandemic, God has already made a way out for us through scriptural provisions – Job 22:29, 1Cor 10:13, Job 5:22

THE CURRENCY THAT MAKES LIFE COUNT
3.      THE CURRENCY OF CHARACTER
Character is the beauty of destiny. Beauty is useless without character. No matter how highly placed or how far you must have gone in life one second of character flaw is more than enough to bring you down. Skills, talents, gifts, superior academic qualifications and connections can take you up but it is character that will sustain you. You need both character and skill to sustain your destiny and privileged position – Psalms 78:72

Character is who you are in the dark when no one is watching you. Character is doing what is right when no one is supervising. Your future is buried in your character - Matthew 5:16, 12:33, 2Tim 2:19-22
Crises, challenges, wealth and position are the amplifier of human character – Esau sold his future for food and he wept bitterly in life – Hebrews 12:16-17

When you are in crises the real you is made manifest. Character is liken to a smoke that cannot be hidden or covered forever. Refuse to sell your birthright to the current hardship that is associated with this global pandemic because It will soon pass away like many others did. Do not character flaws to shut the doors of opportunities and destiny against you because charisma without character is disaster.

WHAT THEN IS CHARACTER?
A.       Character is the commitment to a set of biblical values without compromise. Joseph refused Mrs Portiphar’s advances and chose to go the prison instead – Genesis 39:5-20
B.       Character is the dedication to a set of biblical standards without wavering. Samson and Solomon wavered and their end was not too good. James 1:8
C.       Character is the consistent effort to integrate your thoughts and words  into actions through Bible-based moral convictions. Gehazi lost his glorious prophetic ministry to covetousness because of impatience and he died as a leper. 2Kings 5:20-27
Moses’ moral conviction made him denied being Pharaohs daughter’s son and chose to suffer affliction with God’s own children – Hebrews 11:24-26

BIBLICAL INGREDIENTS FOR BUILDING GODLY CHARACTER
A.       GENUINE SALVATION IS YOUR FOUNDATION – Life outside Christ will be marred with character flaws – Psalms 11:3, 1Cor 3:12-14, Hebrews 3:4
B.       CONSTANT RENEWAL OF THE MIND THROUGH STUDYING AND MEDITATION ON THE WORD – Romans 12:2
C.      DISCONNECT FROM WRONG ASSOCIATION AND ASSOCIATE WITH GODLY PEOPLE – Proverbs 13:20, Psalms 1:1-3, 1Cor 15:33-34
D.       BE DETERMINED TO WORK ON YOUR CHARACTER DAILY – Daniel 1:8
E.       FLEE ALL APPEARANCES OF EVIL – 1Thessalonians 5:22, Genesis 39:12, 2Timothy 2:22

To be a man of integrity (morally upright and honest) is not a cheap talk especially in this world that is totally turned upside down with moral decadence taken over  virtually all the various sectors of the world including religion, it requires a lot of sacrifice but if the price is paid it will show tomorrow – Daniel 1:8, 6:1-6, 25-28
Remember always that, heaven and hell are real, where you end is your choice

Today, in the Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ, I command divine enablement to live according to biblical standards to come upon you with proofs of unimaginable open doors of opportunities and supernatural prosperity – Daniel 1:8, 6:28, 2:48-49

SEE YOU AT THE TOPMOST TOP.

REMAIN EVER BLESSED.
JESUS IS LORD.
PST ISRAEL AKINSANYA
pstisraelmeg@gmail.com
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL 

BY DR PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

WEDNESDAY 29TH APRIL, 2020

TOPIC: THE DANGERS OF NEGOTIATING DIVINE INSTRUCTIONS

SCRIPTURE: But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: James 1:22-23

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: We cannot use worldly principles to achieve Kingdom products. We cannot serve God by the terms and standards of the world and expect things to work.

We live in a world where people negotiate Divine instructions and do not take the Word of God seriously. When unbelievers go to native or witch doctors and are given prescriptions or recommendations of what to do, they would stick to and follow the prescriptions of the native or witch doctors to the letter.

But in church, the opposite is the case: instead following God’s instructions through the pastor He has set over us, we slack most times and try to negotiate the Word of God. We try to use worldly principles to achieve Kingdom products. No! It cannot work that way. We cannot use worldly principles to achieve Kingdom products. We cannot serve God by the terms and standards of the world and expects things to work.

When we serve God by the terms and standards of the people of the world and things do not work out, we begin to complain saying, “I have been coming to church for many years, yet, my prayers are not answered and I have not succeeded, but the unbelievers in my office are prospering. 

Things are not working for me despite coming to church.” The question to ask is: whatever the devil tells the unbeliever to do, he is doing them and appears to be prospering; are you doing what your God tells you to do through your pastor? 

The unbeliever has decided to go to hell and so, would do anything he is told by the witch doctor to do in order to appear successful in life, but you, beloved Christian, you disobey simple Divine principles of success outlined by God in the scripture and you expect to succeed like the unbeliever who rigidly obeys the evil principles of the devil prescribed by the witch doctor? It cannot work that way!

Beloved, do not follow the examples of the world. Make up your mind not to use the principles of the world to get the products of the Kingdom. Rather, follow the principles of the Kingdom in order to get the products of the Kingdom of God.

Remember this: We cannot use worldly principles to achieve kingdom products. We cannot serve God by the terms and standards of the world and expects things to work.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Treasure the Word of God above every other thing in life.
2. Make up your mind to obey every detail of Divine instruction in order to see Divine results.
PRAYER: Lord, I receive the grace to receive and obey Your Word. Deliver me from the temptation of negotiating Your Divine instructions, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: ENEMIES OF DISTINCTION (PART 6).

QUOTE: If a person feels he is right and considers every other person wrong, the Bible says he is a fool. Culled from “21 FOOLISH THINGS PEOPLE DO” by Dr Paul Enenche.

AMAZING FACT: Young goats pick up accents from each other.

DAILY READING: Job 13-15
PROPHETIC WORD: Grace to obey and comply with His instructions is released for you in Jesus Name.
ROUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS

DATE: WEDNESDAY 29TH APRIL, 2020

TOPIC: THE MARATHONER: THE FORCE OF DETERMINATION!

BASIC SCRIPTURES: (2 TIMOTHY 4:7-8; 2 CORINTHIANS 4:7-10)

A man with muscular dystrophy, an inherited disease in which there is a progressive degeneration of muscles of the skeleton, completed a marathon race in 16 hours, 46 minutes (Approximately 17 hours). 

At the time he was born with this disease, doctors gave him only 7 days to live. Not only did he live beyond 7 days, he lived to become a man.

Oh! Those who have limited you, written you off, given up on you and are waiting to hear your end-story, shall be disappointed by your God in Jesus name. Instead of being restricted to a wheel chair, he lived to enrol for a marathon race. He ran the race and got to the finish line. Many able-bodied men who enrolled for the marathon did not even show up at all due to fear; others ran the race but quit midway.

But this man, in spite of his medical condition, proved many wrong by completing the race. Though he was the last person to finish, anyhow and somehow, he completed the marathon to the astonishment of those who thought he could not even run at all.

Now read what this woman from Ghana wrote.’’ I got pregnant at 15 while in secondary school; 8 months after having the baby, I went back to complete my secondary education. Today, I have a Masters degree from the United Kingdom and my son whom I had at 15, has just graduated from university with a Law degree. The shame and isolation I had from my native Ghana at the time was beyond my ability.

I lost some of my childhood friends because I had a baby at 15 but I told myself that I would never allow that to kill my dream.’’ Wow! This is determination in motion! Every MOUNTAIN becomes a PLAIN when you are determined.

A notable sportsman tattooed his body and wrote, “Pain is temporary, victory is sure.” Determination is the tonic that keeps achievers/
champions going; it is a key element in enduring temporary setbacks and the achievement of ultimate success.

No matter how life and indeed the year has been, be determined to make a difference! The late but great Maya Angelou wrote: “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.”

Oh! Life may not be fair to you, but learn from this marathoner and this Ghanaian lady. Be determined, say to yourself: “I shall not quit! I shall start again and before my last breath, I shall be celebrated. I shall say like Apostle Paul in today’s 1st scripture Vs. 7: “I HAVE FOUGHT A GOOD FIGHT.”

What have you fought this year and how are you fighting? Life is like a marathon race, you must push yourself to the finishing line by fighting self-pity, depression, fear of the future and anxiety daily.

The words of Og Mandino are worthy of note: “Failure will never overtake you if your determination to succeed is strong enough.”
Hold on and hold out!

PRAY FOR ME AGAINST EXTORTIONERS and CRIMINALS – see page 70 now!

PLEASE, DON'T PAY TITHE, DONATIONS OR CHARITY MONEY OF ANY KIND INTO THIS ACCOUNT BELOW :

BANK : GUARANTEE TRUST BANK (GTB)
NAME: OUR DAILY MANNA
ACCOUNT / NO: (05 75 54 55 96)
N. B: THEY ARE EXTORTIONERS AND CRIMINAL DISGUISE THEMSELVES USING ODM GROUP AND FACEBOOK WITH CALLS TO DUPE PEOPLE.
PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 1: When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder…

1. Pray about today’s word generally as led now.
2. I shall make it in this life against all odds in Jesus name.
3. Lord, I am a hero! Let your grace bring forth the hero in me.
4. Abba Father! Let all those who have laughed at me see YOUR ELEVATION GLORY in my life before this year is over in Jesus name.
5. O God, I uproot the force of depression, anxiety, self-pity and fear of the future, etc, now in Jesus name.
THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: 2CHRONICLES 20-22
BY: BISHOP DR. CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)PUBLISHER/WRITER

SONG 1: WHEN THE ROLL IS CALLED UP YONDER

1. When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound, and time shall be no more,
And the morning breaks, eternal, bright and fair
When the saved of earth shall gather over on the other shore,
And the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there.

REFRAIN:

When the roll, is called up yon-der,
When the roll is called up yonder I'll be there

2. On that bright and cloudless morning when the dead in Christ shall rise,
And the glory of His resurrection share
When His chosen ones shall gather to their home beyond the skies,

3. Let us labor for the Master from the dawn till setting sun,
Let us talk of all His wondrous love and care
Then when all of life is over, and our work on earth is done,
LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Wednesday, April 29, 2020- International Dance Day

GLOWING FOR CHRIST
Read: Matthew 5:14-16

Matthew 5:14-16 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

MEMORISE: You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden (Matthew 5:14)

EXPOSITION

As Christians, our life should be an example to the world. As a city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden, but its light at night can be seen from miles. We should glow like lights, showing others what Christ is like. 

Just as the disciples of Christ were first called Christians at Antioch because the community saw that they identified themselves with the teaching and behaviour of Christ, God expects us to live such a life before others that it would lead them to glorify Him.

The followers of Christ were called Christians, because they functioned as a group who separated themselves from the commonly accepted religious groups of the community, and followed Christ.
A story was told of a young minister that was being escorted through a coal mine. 

At the entrance of one of the dim passageways, he spied a beautiful white flower growing out of the black earth. 'How can it blossom in such purity and radiance in this dirty mine?' the preacher asked. 

'Throw some coal dust on it and see for yourself,' his guide replied. When he did, he was surprised that the fine, sooty particles slid right off the snowy petals, leaving the plant just a lovely and unstained as before. Its surface was so smooth that the grit and grime could not adhere to it.

This depicts the life of a Christian. He is empowered by the Holy Spirit to live as pure a life in this sinful, corrupt, immoral, vile, evil and wicked world, just as the flower could "blossom in such purity and radiance in that dirty mine."

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord Jesus, give me the grace to live a life that glows like lights showing others what Christ is like.
2. Holy Spirit, empower me to live as pure a life in this sinful world, just as that flower at the entrance of the coal mine could blossom in such a purity and radiance in that dirty mine.
3. Pray for people, most especially ladies, who are languishing under the trauma of rape and fear of reporting such in any way.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Samuel 16 & Roman 4

Good morning people of God. We shall come out of this period better and stronger, in Jesus name Amen. Till too shall pass.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM