The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Monday 27th April
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 

MONDAY 27TH APRIL.

FAITH FOR SOUL WINNING

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:19).

There’s no better way to express your love for Jesus Christ than to win souls for Him; the souls for whom He died. He gave His life for all men, and if you were the only one that needed salvation, He would still have come to die for you. 

He didn’t do it because we were many; He did it because we were valuable to God. Therefore, soul winning is worth everything. Practise it. It’s the most important thing on earth. It’s something for which you must express your faith.

You can say, “In the Name of Jesus, I claim ten souls for Jesus Christ today, by the power of the Holy Spirit!” And after making that declaration of faith, you go out for evangelism. Faith isn’t all about getting something for yourself. Let your faith work in reaching people for Christ; the growth you’d experience, both in your personal life and in the harvest of souls, will be astounding.

In John 5:19, Jesus said, “I do what I see my Father do.” Copy the Master. He was the greatest soul winner; the master soul winner. 

As you win souls, you’re carrying out His passion, and the glory of His Kingdom is manifested in your life in an extraordinary way. This is how you shine in the Kingdom. Recall what Jesus said about John the Baptist: “He was a burning and a shining light…” (John 5:35). What a testimony!

You have to be a burning and a shining light, and there’s no other way than soul winning, impacting lives with the Gospel: “And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever” (Daniel 12:3).

This is what you’ve got to do, because it’s your life, your calling and responsibility. 2 Corinthians 5:19 says, “To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.”

CONFESSION

With the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ that I’ve received, I dispel the darkness in the hearts of the unconverted, impacting them with the message of eternal life, and establishing them in righteousness. Through me, the knowledge of Christ spreads everywhere, and my triumphs of faith effuse exquisite fragrance of God’s glory in every place, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

John 4:34; Proverbs 11:30; Mark 16:15

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Luke 22:39-65; 1 Samuel 29-31

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Romans 16:12-27; Psalm 135-136

#TALKINGSESSION 

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for the privilege of having insight into the mysteries of Your eternal Kingdom.

I’ve become a dispenser of the unsearchable riches of Christ. Through me, Your wisdom is manifested, Your grace is showcased, and the love of Christ is demonstrated to my world. Your purpose for my life is established in my heart. 

I was born to bring You glory and honour. I live to fulfil my destiny in Christ, taking a hold of the divine vision and revelation to bring you glory. 

Thank You for positioning me for glory, success, and excellence, having granted me everything I need to live victoriously in the earth, to the glory of Your Name. 

Today, I am piloted by Your Word and the Spirit into the realm of glory, where I rule and reign with You forever. 

I king in every aspect of life; I disallow sickness, disease, poverty, and defeat in my life and the lives of my loved ones. 

I unleash the forces of health, prosperity, and victory in my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL

MONDAY 27TH APRIL 2020

THEME: WATCH ALWAYS!

MEMORISE: 
Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak. Mark 14:38

READ: EPHESIANS 6:10-18 (KJV)
10. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15. And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
18. Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

The memory verse of today is one of the warnings in the Bible that should send chills through anybody’s spine. I consider it very scary.

After the All-knowing God had carefully assessed the circumstances surrounding human existence, He concluded that humans need to be careful to survive this dangerously deceptive world.

Sobriety and vigilance are the two major components of watchfulness. To be watchful is to be alert, watching over someone or waiting for some significant event.

The Bible lays particular emphasis on the need to watch for fake prophets Matthew 7:15, false doctrines Hebrews 13:9, the antichrist 2 John 1:7 and the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ Matthew 24:42.

God expects everyone of His children to be sober and vigilant in watching against temptations and sins such as pride, worldliness, self-righteousness, immorality, complacency, lukewarmness, spiritual, barrenness and rebellion against constituted authority.

We must not be confounded by negative news around the world; rather we should respond with understanding as persons who are informed and therefore well-prepared to watch for signs of the end times.

“Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.” 1 Thessalonians 5:6

Beloved, wake up! Christians cannot afford to lose focus for a moment; our hearts must be kept with all diligence. We must watch the crafty attempts of the enemy to attack the authority of Scripture.

Watch against worldliness and the quest for ungodly pleasures. Every member of the body of Christ must watch against the secularisation of the Church and protect its sanctity against false prophets, sexual immorality and all sinful practices.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me to be sober and watchful in all things, in the mighty name of Jesus.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 
PSALMS 81, 88, 92-93

HYMN 26: STAND UP! STAND UP FOR JESUS

1. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
Ye soldiers of the Cross!
Lift high His royal banner;
It must not suffer loss.
From vict’ry unto vict’ry
His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished,
And Christ is Lord indeed.

2. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
The trumpet call obey;
Forth to the mighty conflict,
In this His glorious day;
Ye that are men now serve Him
Against unnumbered foes;
Let courage rise with danger,
And strength to strength oppose.

3. Stand up! stand up for Jesus!
Stand in His strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you,
Ye dare not trust your own:
Put on the gospel armour,
And watching unto prayer;
Where duty calls, or danger,
Be never wanting there.

4. Stand up! stand up for Jesus!
The strife will not be long;
This day the noise of battle,
The next the victor’s song;
To him that overcometh,
A crown of life shall be;
He with the King of glory
Shall reign eternally.
BETTER LIFE MESSAGE

DATE : MONDAY APRIL 27, 2020

TOPIC: FIVE CURRENCIES THAT MAKES LIFE 

COUNTS 1 – Hebrews 12:1-2 “Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth easily beset us and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despise the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.”

The ultimate of redemption is for our lives to count individually here on earth and make heaven through the race that is set before us after the order of Jesus Christ our perfect example. 

Anything void of the above is a wasted life.
However, making our lives to count in this wicked world requires some currencies that are failure-proof unlike other legal currencies of nations that has tendencies to fail – Genesis 47:15

WHAT ARE THESE CURRENCIES?

I.      THE CURRENCY OF TIME, II. THE CURRENCY OF RELATIONSHIP, III. THE CURRENCY OF CHARACTER, IV. THE CURRENCY OF FAVOUR AND V. THE CURRENCY OF FAITH
We shall be looking at them one after the other:
1.      THE CURRENCY OF TIME - Ephesians 5:15-17 (KJV, AMP & MESSAGE)
Time is the most valuable currency of life that determines the outcome of our lives depending on the usage.
The greatest possession God ever gave to mankind equally irrespective of their geographical location, gender, academic qualifications, colour of the skin and beliefs system is the currency of time. No one has more than 24hours per day.

The currency of time can be: A. Spent
B. Squandered

C. Invested and managed.

But the currency of time cannot be stored neither can it be increased. It is the same number of hours globally.

Time is not just money, time is more than money, time is life. Time wasted is life wasted. 

The outcome of a man’s life is time-usage determined.

The jobless and the poor squanders their time gossiping, fighting over irrelevant things, watching television, playing games, gambling, partying, addiction to phone, social media and blaming everybody for their situation especially at such a time as this. What you post on social media space reveals your value system.

Susan Carson said to his two sons (Curtis and Ben) early ‘why waste time watching others doing their own things why don’t you invest your time and do your own thing so that others can watch you tomorrow.’ Now the world is watching Dr Ben Carson today.

The employees spend time because they are always looking at the closing time. They are eager to close and spend their time in things that does not add value.

The employees and stakeholders invest their time today for the harvest of dividends tomorrow.

Now that you and I have been given house arrest globally, it is super wisdom to engage this time and season productivity so that we would not regret at the end of the holidays. 

The devil meant this coronavirus for evil but it is a blessing indeed from God to set our priorities right in order to make the most of our lives and destinies. Go and learn great lesson from the ants that knows what to do per time in the season of favourable weather so as not to be stranded later – Proverbs 6:6-11, 30:25

The regrets of past failure and mistakes, worries of tomorrow or future and procrastination of time are the robbers of glorious destiny. 

Today is the greatest gift that unlocks the Glory of tomorrow which has capacity to swallow past failures and mistakes. Isaiah 43:18-19, Matthew 6:32-34, James 4:13-14

When you see anyone running tirelessly,  he either is pursuing something or something is pursuing him. No one runs without a purpose in mind. What is unveiled to you before the race began is what motivates your determination, diligence, dedication, discipline and the  sacrifice of your pursuit which are all components of time management.

Jesus Christ maximized His three and half years of ministry and Paul had no idle moment, even in the prison he wrote two third of the New Testament. God allowed the imprisonments so that he can concentrate, if not, crusades, ministrations and different meetings would have hindered him. Imagine the Bible and this world without Paul’s Epistles!

This lockdown came on purpose. It is a blessing in disguise for the saints of God to make new discoveries and change gear to the next levels after this global lockdown.

Life can’t give back to you tomorrow more than your investment of time today.

The difference between the poor and the rich of this world is time usage. Move around your neighborhood and beyond, also reflect on your life, you will understand why many are poor and perhaps why you are where you are now – Proverbs 24:30-34
Your best life is ahead of you but it begins with what you do from this seconds and moment.

Today, I decree grace for rediscovery of self and clarity of vision with great awakening of your locked up potentials within be released upon you and before this week is over, God will give you testimonies that will silence all your mockers in Jesus Mighty Name. Songs Of Solomon 4:16, Proverbs 29:18

Always remember this, if you miss heaven you cannot miss hell. The choice is yours.

SEE YOU AT THE TOPMOST TOP.

REMAIN EVER BLESSED.

JESUS IS LORD.

PST ISRAEL AKINSANYA
pstisraelmeg@gmail.com
RESTORATION TODAY

MONDAY, APRIL 27, 2020.

TOPIC: *DO NOT GIVE UP*

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2.

*MESSAGE*
There are many people alive today who have unfulfilled dreams in their heart. For different reasons, they are unable to do the things God has already prepared for them to do (Ephesians 2:10). But when we choose to live out dream, it's like stepping out into a battlefield. The moment you choose for your life to make a difference in this world, your enemy the devil is going to come after you.

And when the devil begins to come at us with temptation after temptation, chances are you will want to give up. If that idea of giving up have ever crossed your mind, our text this morning is a word for you. Just imagine if Jesus had given up on his way to that cross. Imagine where you and I would be now. No hope. No future. Thank God Jesus didn't give up. He was tempted right there in the garden of Gethsemane, but he stayed the course. 

I believe God wants to breathe some courage into your heart today. Run with perseverance the race that is set before you, looking to Jesus the author and finisher of your faith. Don't give up. Look to Jesus. It doesn't matter how bad thing get, hang in there, for the sake of the joy that is to come.  

*ACTION POINT*
?️Only those who run their race to the end will wear the crown of life; so fight, that you may win. 

*SCRIPTURES*
2 Timothy 2:1-13; Ephesians 2:10; Psalm 16:9-11. 

*PRAYER POINTS*
1.  Oh Lord, thank you for the free gift of salvation;

2.  Father, grant me the victory by your grace over all my trials on this Christian race;

3.  Father, help me to radiate this glorious light of my salvation to the dark world of sin till you return. 

*THE BIBLE OF THE YEAR*
Num. 7, Prov. 4, Mark.16.
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL 

BY DR PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

MONDAY 27TH APRIL, 2020

TOPIC: OUTWARD APPEARANCE AND INWARD PERSONALITY

SCRIPTURE: Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Matthew 7:17-18

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: It is what you are inside that shows on the outside.

Some time ago, my wife and I went for a meeting at Sheraton Hotels, Abuja, Nigeria. We met a girl who also came to the hotel area for a different purpose, a prostitutious assignment, she was a prostitute. 

My wife and I decided to preach to her. She was so indecently dressed that her dressing was showing her contours and cleavages. When we called her to preach to her, her sight was so terrible that my wife had to use something to block her widely open chest first before we continued preaching. She gave her life to Christ and we invited her to church on Sunday.

But then she said something that touched me deeply, she said: I don’t have church clothes; I can’t wear the kind of clothes I am wearing now to church. Now, this is someone who was a prostitute but knew the ideal dress code for church services.

She knew that there are clothes a person should not wear and appear before God. Meanwhile, some Christians who claim to be in church for donkey years feel that they can wear any type of suggestive clothes to church claiming that a person’s outward appearance doesn’t matter to God. 

That is a lie from the pit of hell. They claim that God looks at the heart and the outward appearance does not matter. The truth is, whatever is in the heart reflects on the outside. 

For instance, when you look at a ripened mango; how do you know that it is really ripe when you have not tasted it? You know it is ripe because you saw the external appearance of the mango which is a product of the condition of the mango inside. 

In the same way, how do you know that someone has the spirit of seduction in her? It is the way she appears on the outside. It is what you are inside that shows on the outside.

Beloved, the people of the world know what belongs to the world; but the people of God are claiming not to know. Remember, God cannot be mocked.

Remember this: It is what you are inside that shows on the outside.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Make up your mind to be a genuine Christian.
2. Let your appearance glorify God.

PRAYER: Lord, I ask for the grace to be an authentic Christian. Let everything I do glorify You, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: ENEMIES OF DISTINCTION (PART 6).

QUOTE: Today, many members of the Body of Christ are competing with the world in seductive dressing, wrongly appropriating office funds and foul languages. Now people cannot tell who is who. But God is saying to us, If you want me to stand by you in this generation; if you want me to advertise you to your generation, then you must answer the question: Who are you? Culled from “WHO ARE YOU?” by Dr Paul Enenche.

AMAZING FACT: Jews and Christians have a higher education than any other religious group in the world. On average, the number of years of formal education for Jews and Christians is 13.4 and 9.3 years respectively.

DAILY READING: Job 7-9

PROPHETIC WORD: Receive the grace for authenticity in Jesus Name.
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS

DATE: MONDAY 27TH APRIL, 2020

TOPIC: REJECT BLUNT IRONS THIS YEAR!
BASIC SCRIPTURES: (ECCLESIASTES 10:5-11; 7-12)

Ecclesiastes 10:10 says: “If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct.” 

WISDOM IS PROFITABLE TO DIREET! That means WISDOM is a DIRECTOR and manager of destinies! Yes! WSDOM IS A TRONG ELEVATION KEY!

Wisdom makes sure that your IRON is not BLUNT! That means your FAVOUR does not turn to LABOUR without results! A BLUNT IRON is work without results or EXTRA WORK with little or unseen results! Solomon said in Ecclesiastes 2:12 

“And I turned myself to behold wisdom, and madness, and folly…” So WISDOM is different from MADNESS AND FOOLISHNESS!

A lot of people are practicing MADNESS or FOLLY but they think it is WISDOM! Separate them this year in your life, family and ministry! Ecclesiastes 7:12 says: “For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence:

but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it.” So WISDOM (right application of knowledge) is better than MONEY! 

That is why you see some rich men doing STUPID things! I have seen God bless men/women and their FIRE for God began to die!

As God blesses you, your cry for HIGHER WISDOM must increase because the battles you will face as you rise or experience ELEVATION IS different from the battles you faced in your past years!

Higher GLORY requires HIGHER WISDOM which can only come in your daily encounter with your God- YOUR “ALONE WITH-GOD” HOUR!

Isaiah 11:2 says: “And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD. Did you get that? WISDOM IS A SPIRIT!

The LORD JESUS on your inside is the headquarters of WISDOM and understanding! Men should see you and marvel on how you do things!

In 2020, you will know what to say, what to do, what to invest, how to invest, how to manage people, how to rise, how to avoid dangers, how to handle female/male friends, how to handle money, how to manage your time/finances, how to handle enemies, when to travel, when to stay at home, etc.
PURSUE WISDOM and HIGHER WISDOM DAILY! It will take you from the crowd more and more and preserve all the glory in your life because wisdom is a defence!

52 PROPHETIC MANTLES-IN-ACTION ONE MANTLE PER SUNDAY! 52 WEEKS A YEAR!
The Lord gave me a command to release 52 Mantles this year (every week) to be prayed with, on the ALTAR of the MANNA MOUNTAIN LAGOS. Testimonies are rolling in! Don’t miss any! SEE YOU ANY SUNDAY, 8am! This is your year!

PRAYER POINTS: Take any song of worship as led.
1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led now.
2. O LORD, baptize me with Your divine Wisdom today/daily. O LORD, render impotent the wisdom of the wicked concerning me today in Jesus name.
3. I reject a BLUNT LIFE or a BLUNT IRON! I cry out LORD to Thee for the HIGHER WSIOM that wins battles! The wisdom that defends fortunes and the WlSDOM that refires my love for You daily in Jesus name. Pray about today!

THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: (2 CHRONICLES 14-16)
BY: BISHOP DR. CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE
LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Monday, April 27, 2020

ENJOYING TOP SECURITY (I)
Read: 2 Kings 6:8-23

2 Kings 6:8-23 Then the king of Syria warred against Israel, and took counsel with his servants, saying, In such and such a place shall be my camp.
And the man of God sent unto the king of Israel, saying, Beware that thou pass not such a place; for thither the Syrians are come down.

And the king of Israel sent to the place which the man of God told him and warned him of, and saved himself there, not once nor twice.

Therefore the heart of the king of Syria was sore troubled for this thing; and he called his servants, and said unto them, Will ye not shew me which of us is for the king of Israel?

And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O king: but Elisha, the prophet that is in Israel, telleth the king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy bedchamber.

And he said, Go and spy where he is, that I may send and fetch him. And it was told him, saying, Behold, he is in Dothan.

Therefore sent he thither horses, and chariots, and a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city about.

And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?

And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

And when they came down to him, Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.

And Elisha said unto them, This is not the way, neither is this the city: follow me, and I will bring you to the man whom ye seek. But he led them to Samaria.

And it came to pass, when they were come into Samaria, that Elisha said, LORD, open the eyes of these men, that they may see. And the LORD opened their eyes, and they saw; and, behold, they were in the midst of Samaria.
And the king of Israel said unto Elisha, when he saw them, My father, shall I smite them? shall I smite them?

And he answered, Thou shalt not smite them: wouldest thou smite those whom thou hast taken captive with thy sword and with thy bow? set bread and water before them, that they may eat and drink, and go to their master.

And he prepared great provision for them: and when they had eaten and drunk, he sent them away, and they went to their master. So the bands of Syria came no more into the land of Israel.
MEMORISE: So he answered, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are are with them" (2 Kings 6:16)

EXPOSITION

Almost all the nations of the earth are facing one security challenge or the other. United Nations are out seeking measures to put an end to the various security threats to the peace, unity and integration of all nations under their watch.

They are on the necks of countries that are in possession of nuclear weapons to give up such, to maintain international peace and order. 

Governments of nations will stop at nothing until their citizens are adequately protected, from both external and internal aggressions. In fact, the largest chunk of their annual budget is given to security and defence. How can a person or group of persons enjoy divine protection, in spite of all these security hitches?

The king of Israel, in our text today, was divinely defended against external aggression from a neighbouring nation. His loyalty and obedience to God through the ministry of the man of God, Elisha, prevented him from running into the ambush laid by the Syrian troop. As long as the king of Israel heeded the instruction of God, through His servant, he was safe. Disobedience and self-will have really cost many their lives.

Hear what the Bible says about you: 'For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone' (Psa. 91:11, 12). To enjoy the fulfilment of this divine assurance of security, you must be totally aligned with the God of Peace (cf. Rom. 16:20).

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord, help me to stay within the confines of Your holy injunctions, to continually enjoy Your unabridged security.
2. Lord, deliver me, my family members, and those that are identified with me, from the attacks of the devil and his wicked agents.
3. Pray for our Church leaders that God should grant them impeccable security, spiritually, physically, and otherwise.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Samuel 12 - 13 & Romans 2

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM