The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Wednesday 22nd April
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 

WEDNESDAY 22ND APRIL.

DON’T VOID YOUR FAITH

…For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect (Romans 4:14).

Can faith be made void? Absolutely! There’re people who have made their faith void and the Word of God of non-effect in their lives. For example, in Mark 7:13, Jesus rebuked the Jews for making God’s Word of non-effect by their tradition. 

“Tradition” here refers to your way of life, your personal culture, and the things you believe. If these things are inconsistent with the Word of God, you make the Word of non effect in your life, and your faith is made void.

Some people are putting their faith to work all right, but it’s not working, because they’ve made it void by their “traditions.” What they ought to do is change their “traditions”; adopt a new mind-set; the mindset of God’s wisdom.

Trusting in your own works also voids your faith. If you think you’re healthy and successful and blessed just because you’re doing some things right, and now you trust so much in those things and do them religiously because you think that ritual is the sustenance of your blessing, then your faith has been made void. 

Remember the words of Paul the apostle: “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us...” (Titus 3:5).

Galatians 2:16 say, “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.” Your trust must always be in the finished works of Christ; live by His faith (Galatians 2:20). Hallelujah!

PRAYER

My faith is active and always prevailing! Circumstances align with my faith-filled confessions and I rule, reign and dominate my world by my faith. I walk in the full blessings of the Gospel of Christ and enjoy the eternal realities of the Kingdom, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Ephesians 2:8-9; 2 Corinthians 4:13; Hebrews 11:1 AMPC

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Luke 19:28-48; 1 Samuel 16-17

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Romans 14:12-23; Psalm 125-126

#TALKINGSESSION 

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank for Jesus is alive in me! Thank You for bringing me out of spiritual death into the arena of life. 

I have eternal life now; therefore, nothing in me produces death. I live in absolute victory and mastery over satan, the world, and its systems because the greater One lives in me.

I exalt and worship You for Your great love, grace, and power in my life! Thank You for bringing me into a life of peace and joy in the Holy Ghost! 

To You be all glory and dominion forever. I thank You for there’s light in my life and in all that concerns me because I am yielded to the ministry of the Word.

I refuse to fret today or in the future because the light of the Gospel shines in my heart, showing me the path of victory and success! 

There’s no darkness whatsoever in my life; my way is bright and my future secure. I am excellent, full of power, love and the glory of God. 

I walk in righteousness and manifest the dominion of the Spirit. 

The virtues and perfections of divinity are expressed through me today, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: WEDNESDAY 22ND APRIL 2020.

THEME: IF YOU WOULD BE RICH, PRAY! 

MEMORISE:

Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. James 4:2

READ: 1 Chronicles 4:9-10

9 And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.

10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

Wealth is generally interpreted as an abundance of valuable possessions or money. The Bible speaks of wealthy families, nations and also wealthy individuals like Abraham, Job, David Solomon, and the Queen of Sheba. Worthy of note is the fact that positive references to wealth are few in the Bible. Many statements of Jesus could be viewed as harsh criticisms of wealth. In Mark 10:23-25, He said it is extremely difficult for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God. In Mark 4:19, the quest for wealth chokes God’s word. Matthew 6:24 says one cannot serve God and Mammon, 1 Timothy 6:9-10 declares that “the love of money” is the root of all kinds of evil. To wrap it up Luke 6:24 concluded by saying “Woe to you who are rich”. Revelations 3:17 says: “Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing…..”

However, there is a good side to wealth. Since the beginning of the world, God has created an abundance of good things for human beings to enjoy. Christians however need to have a good understanding of the true nature of earthly riches, and acknowledge God as the source of all blessings. Deuteronomy 8:18 says:
“But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth,”

Hence, having riches is not the problem, but having a wrong attitude towards it. Riches should be thankfully received, and Christians must value heavenly riches above earthly wealth. Earthly riches are to be used in the service of the Creator and the true owner of all things. God has the power to make anyone wealthy, therefore His children do not have to live in penury, I have however discovered that the poverty of many Christians is not out of laziness or lack of ambition, but due to prayerless lifestyle. If you would be rich, then you must be ready to continuously knock on the doors of heaven with prayer, until your breakthrough comes.

PRAYER POINT:

Father, please help me to wrestle in prayers until my breakthrough comes, in the mighty name of Jesus. 

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Chronicles 1-2

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 11:  PASS ME NOT O GENTLE SAVIOR.

1. Pass me not, O gentle Savior,
Hear my humble cry;
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.
o Refrain:
Savior, Savior,
Hear my humble cry,
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.

2. Let me at Thy throne of mercy
Find a sweet relief;
Kneeling there in deep contrition,
Help my unbelief.

3. Trusting only in Thy merit,
Would I seek Thy face;
Heal my wounded, broken spirit,
Save me by Thy grace.

4. Thou the spring of all my comfort,
More than life to me,
Whom have I on earth beside Thee,
Whom in Heav’n but Thee.
RESTORATION TODAY

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22, 2020.

TOPIC: *BUILDING A STRONG HOME [1]*

"Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. it is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep." Psalms  127:1-2.

*MESSAGE*
*These Two Verses Convert Two Crucial Points. We Will Consider The First Today And The Second Tomorrow*

*1. The Lord Himself Must Be The Centre Of Our Home (verse 1).*
The emphatic repetition of the phrase "Except the Lord" tells us that God's involvement is absolutely essential in building a good home. Of course, the Lord never picks up a hammer to "build the house" literally; nor does He wield a weapon that He might literally "keep the city."

What this verse is telling us is that a relationship with God, based on obedience to His Word, must be the main guide for every decision in our home for it to stand firm.  God must be the unseen Guardian of our city, trusted completely, for our city to be safe. If such is not the case, all our human effort is "in vain". We may work, strive, fret, worry, plan, strain all we wish, but if a relationship with the Lord is not the very centre of our lives, homes, or cities  and obedience to His Word doesn't guide every decision, no amount of our additional effort can preserve it from falling apart.

*ACTION POINT*
?️ Ask yourself, Is God at the centre if your life?

*SCRIPTURES*
John 15:1-8; Psalm 37:5.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Father, thank You for adopting me into Your family;

2.  Lord, come and take Your place at the centre of my life and family in the name of Jesus;

3. Father, take me deeper in my relationship with You in the name of Jesus.  

*THE BIBLE OF THE YEAR*
Num 2, PS. 146-147, Mark 14:1-26.
SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL 

BY DR. PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

WEDNESDAY 22ND APRIL, 2020

TOPIC: WRONG ASSOCIATION – A LIMITATION OF DESTINY

SCRIPTURE: Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.1 Corinthians 15:33.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The wrong association is a limitation of destiny just as the right association is a facilitator of destiny.

A story was told of how a shepherd found a cub (baby lion) and took it to be nurtured in his sheepfold. The Cub grew and thought it was a sheep. The cub ate grass and moved along with the sheep. Once in a while, a big lion would come to pursue the sheep and while the sheep ran for safety, the sheep-lion or the sheepefied lion would also be running.

One day, the cub saw its face in the water and was shocked. It ran back again thinking that it was that big Lion that was coming out of the water. 

It tried several times and realized that it was its own face it saw in the water. On another occasion, the bigger lion came pursuing the sheep as usual. While the sheep ran, the cub decided not to run. When the bigger lion saw the cub, it picked the cub and played with it, took it from the sheepfold to the lion company to train it on how to roar and tear flesh.

Now, this Cub had the great potential of a lion but was limited by certain factors. It would have died as a sheep with the potential of a Lion, if it was not rescued. In the same way, there are many people who have great potentials in life but are limited by certain factors.

In the case of the cub in our study today, it was a wrong association that limited its destiny. The wrong association is a limitation of destiny just as the right association is a facilitator of destiny.
Beloved, I don’t know what is limiting your destiny, I decree that you are rising up in victory today in Jesus’ Name.

Remember this: The wrong association is a limitation of destiny just as the right association is a facilitator of destiny.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Make up your mind to disconnect from the wrong association.
2. Connect with the right association that will facilitate your destiny.

PRAYER: Lord, I ask that You connect me with the right association that will facilitate my destiny fulfilment. I receive the grace to disconnect from every wrong association, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: ENEMIES OF DISTINCTION AND EXCELLENCE (PART 4).

QUOTE: Your association can either frustrate your destruction and facilitate your preservation or frustrate your preservation and facilitate your destruction. Culled from “22 LAWS OF LIFE” by Dr Paul Enenche.

AMAZING FACT: In many countries, the eagle is thought to bring good luck, which is one reason it has been featured on various national flags.
DAILY READING: Esther 2-4

PROPHETIC WORD: Every trap of the wrong association is broken right now in Jesus Name.
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS

DATE: WEDNESDAY 22ND APRIL, 2020

TOPIC: THE PHOENIX! JUST AFTER THAT MISTAKE

BASIC SCRIPTURE: (COLOSSIANS 4:1-12)

Welcome to another devotional encounter with He who will wrap up the heavens and the earth as ventures (Hebrews 1:12)! 

It was Janet Fitch who wrote: “The phoenix must burn to emerge.” In Ancient Greek stories, a PHOENIX is a long-lived bird that regenerates or is otherwise “born again.” It is a bird associated with the sun!

A PHOENIX obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. Ancient legend paints a picture of a magical bird, radiant and shinning, which lives for several hundred years before it dies by bursting into flames. It is then reborn from the ashes, to start a new, long life.

So powerful is the symbolism that is an image that is still used commonly today in popular culture and folklore stories. The legendary PHOENIX is a large, grand bird, much like an eagle or peacock. It is brilliantly coloured in red, purple, and yellow, as it is associated with the rising sun and fire.

So, Janet Fitch was only reminding us that the PHOENIX had to BURN to be re-born! So, the process of passing through the FIRE is what transforms the bird from one level of glory to another!

Your passing through your fire of ERRORS or heat of MISTAKES/FAILURE is what creates another YOU; a bigger, wiser and better YOU! JUST REFUSE TO CONDEMN YOURSELF or allow DEPRESSION! 

Hear Lance Armstrong: “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.”

So true! The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing! C.S. Lewis opined: “Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.” Failures and mistakes are detours! 

NOT DEAD ENDS! Ask Apostle John Mark. John Mark abandoned Paul and became backslidden from the rigours and pain of missionary work! 

But years later, when Paul was sitting in prison awaiting trial, he wrote a letter to the church at Colossae, informing them that John Mark was with him and had been a great comfort, but he also told them that they were to welcome John Mark if he showed up.

This kid that had sorely disappointed Paul had now become a man who brought him comfort. That is rising from failure (Colossians 4:10-11)! Indeed, in life, failure should be your teacher and not your cemetery! Learn, laugh at your mistakes, and move on! Your best days are ahead!

LAGOS, OGUDU ANOINTING SERVICE for this month is Saturday April 25th 2020. Venue: 8-10, Omotayo Banwo Street, Transformer Bus-stop, Ogudu Orioke, Lagos. Time: 7.30am. Theme: “LORD, REMEMBER ME.” It will be a great EASTER VISITATION! Bring your photograph!

PRAYER POINTS: Take your best song of worship as led.

1. In your own words, pray over today’s word as led now.
2. LORD, help me to face life and win! Help me to face life and conquer!
3. I receive elevating grace to win over every seed of past failure and past mistakes in Jesus name.
4. Oh you my destiny, you shall not be buried in the ocean of MISTAKES and past ERRORS! I DETERMINE TO MOVE ON!
5. Sometimes your best days are just after a major failure/mistake! Lord God of Peter, use every mistake and error of my past to RE-WRITE my DESTINY STORY again this year in Jesus name (Pray it seriously for 5 days and 5 nights).
6. I scatter every power that says my ELEVATION in 2020 cannot happen, in Jesus name.

THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: (1 CHRONICLES:27-29)
BY: BISHOP DR. CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)PUBLISHER/WRITER
LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - International Mother Earth Day

DEATH DAY VERSUS BIRTHDAY

Read: Ecclesiastes 7:1-4

Ecclesiastes 7:1-4 A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.

It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.

Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.

The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.
MEMORISE: A good name is better than precious ointment, And the day of death than the day of one’s birth (Ecclesiastes 7:1)

EXPOSITION

The day of birth and the day of death are very important in man’s life, but death day supersedes birthday (Eccl. 7:1). One question that bothers the minds of many of us is, ‘why the day of death does supersede the day of birth?’ 

The answer is not far-fetched. Literally, the Memory Scripture simply means that your death day tells more about you than your birthday. A new born baby has never made history in life, and people have little or nothing to say about him or her.

You began to write history for your life since the day of your birth, till the day your spirit would have to be taken from you by the cold hands of death, in line with God’s purpose arrangement (cf. Heb. 9:27).

The moment one dies, many hidden things will be revealed about him or her. A true picture of man is displayed in the day of his death. It is therefore advisable for us to write good history to tell about us, when we are no longer alive.

You indirectly write history for yourself through your character and contribution to your generation.

The elders of the Jews testified to an army captain before Jesus, on one particular occasion: ‘For he loves our nation, and has built us a synagogue’ (Lk. 7:5). 

That was a Roman centurion–a gentile. He wrote a positive, enviable history for himself, when he was still living. 

He loved God's people (character) and built them a synagogue (contribution). Watch your character today, for it will outlive you. 

Also, be determined to contribute something good to your generation. Life is not about duration; it is all about donation, your impact. ‘Determine to make your life impactful henceforth, God helping you’.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Father, help me to live my life serving You and people around me, to whom You have sent me.
2. Help me, O Lord, to take care of my character for Your own glory.
3. Help, O Lord, everyone of Your children to number their days, and keep wisdom in their hearts, in Jesus’ name.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Ruth 2 – 4 & Acts 25

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM