The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Wednesday 22nd January
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

WEDNESDAY 22ND JANUARY.

SELF-SUFFICIENT IN HIM

All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you (John 16:15).

In Exodus 3, when God appeared to Moses and told him he’d deliver the children of Israel out of Egypt, Moses asked the Lord, “…Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?” (Exodus 3:13 NKJV). In the ensuing verse 14, the Bible says, “Then Moses said to God, Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, “The God of your fathers has sent me to you,” and they say to me, “What is His name?” what shall I say to them?”

Notice that He didn’t say, “Tell them, ‘I AM’ is my Name”; that’s not His Name, but a description. He’s the Self-Sufficient and Self-Existent One. He created everything from Himself; He needed no material from anywhere else to do anything.

The Bible says, “All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made” (John 1:3).

What’s important here, that’s so easily overlooked, is about what He expects of you. What does He want you to become? What has He made you? Several years ago, I was preaching a message, and I said, “If you don’t say YOU ARE, others will say you’re not; therefore, you have to say YOU ARE.” What does it mean, when you say you are? It’s like God saying, “I AM.”

Remember, you’re created in His image; therefore, like Him, whatever you require will reproduce from within you; not from outside. In our theme verse, Jesus said, “All things that the Father hath are mine…” (John 16:15). This same Jesus delivered everything to us. The Bible says we’re joint-heirs with Him (Romans 8:17). Everything you require for the life of absolute success, victory, dominion, glory and righteousness has already been granted you in Christ.

Why was Jesus the way He was? It’s because He knew who He was (“I AM”); He had no consciousness of lack. He wants us to come to the same understanding that He’s made us exactly like Him. We’re His reflection; icon and glory! In Him, you’re self-sufficient.

CONFESSION

I’m created in God’s image and likeness; therefore, I’m self-sufficient, for as He is, so am I in this world! Everything I require for the life of absolute success, victory, dominion, glory and righteousness are inside me. I live triumphantly today, and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

2 Corinthians 9:8 AMPC; Acts 17:28; 2 Corinthians 3:5

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Matthew 15:1-28 & Exodus 1-2

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Acts 11:4-14 & Job 15-16

#TALKINGSESSION

22ND JANUARY.

KINDLY DAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for the benefit, privilege, and opportunity of prayer! I am excited that You hear and answer me always when I pray.

I declare that the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit, is with me today, and always.

My strength is renewed today, and my whole being is invigorated because the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead lives in me, and I am conscious of His presence in me and mindful of His power that is at work in me mightily.

The Word of God is my life, and it’s exalted in my heart, above every thought, desire, aspiration or belief today! My success in life is guaranteed and unstoppable because I’ve made the Word of God my contemplation and meditation.

I have the supernatural wisdom and ability to do the impossible because the Greater One lives in me! I recognize life’s challenges as my opportunities to win and make my world a better place.

I am a champion for my generation and a problem-solver. Through me, lives will be saved, transformed and preserved today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE:  WEDNESDAY 22ND JANUARY 2020

THEME: LIGHT OF THE WORLD.

MEMORISE:

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

READ:  Matthew 5:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

“….I am the light of the world.”

In the scripture above (John 8:12), Jesus introduced Himself as the light of the world, then turned around to say that we (Christians) are the light of the world in Matthew 5:14. 

“Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.”

In other words, we share similar characteristics with Jesus Christ. Now, if you the great characteristics that Jesus Christ had while on earth, why are you hiding them.

Light is supposed to shine wherever there is darkness; why do you sometimes go in the midst of darkness and hide your light? Jesus never shied away from shining the light of the gospel on anyone that He saw living in darkness. Darkness can also mean confusion; when people are confused and do not know what steps to take, they are in darkness. When you find yourself amongst people who need direction on what next to do, you should ask God for guidance and relay what He tells you to them. Shine your light to clear darkness. Don’t join them in being worried and confused; if you do, you are hiding your light under a bushel. The fact that you are there should give them confidence that direction will soon come, because they know you are light.

You must note however that light usually goes off when disconnected from its source. The reason many Christians have stopped shining as light in their world it because they have lost their connection to the first Light- Jesus Christ. Once you disconnect the bulb from electricity, it will go off. Even though everyone can see the bulb and hope to get some light from it, they cannot, because it is not connected. If darkness is thriving around you, then you need to check your connection to the source. Do you still pray often? Do you still spend time studying your Bible? Do you still fellowship where the iron other Christians can sharpen yours?

PRAYER POINT:

Father, in every way that I have been disconnected from You, my source, please give me the grace to reconnect, in the mighty name of Jesus.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 30-31

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 15: IN CHRIST ALONE.

In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone! - who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe.
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
RESTORATION TODAY

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2020.

TOPIC: *GOD, OUR HEALER*

"And said, if thou wilt diligently harken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee." Exodus 15:26.

*MESSAGE*
We love in a world saturated with problems. There are lots and lots of  plagues and diseases all over the face of the Earth. If you visit different wards in the hospitals, you will know that there are terrible diseases on the world from which many are suffering with pains.

As believers, however, even though we are in the world, we do not have to deal with all of these diseases. Our opening scripture (Exodus 15:26) reveal to us the gateway to a sickness-free lifestyle. For every redeemed child of God, the God of heaven becomes, amongst other things, our Healer! With Him in your corner, you can bid goodbye to the power of sickness and diseases because by His stripes, your healing is assured.

*ACTION POINT*
? This bonus is for those who have accepted Christ's finished work of redemption. Have you?

*SCRIPTURES*
Exodus 23:25; 2 Kings 20:5; Job 5:18.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Father, thank You for being my Healer;

2. I decree by the Word of the Lord today that I am healed in the name of Jesus;

3. I receive the grace to live in divine health from this day forward in the name of Jesus.

*THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR*
Genesis 28; Job 36-37; Matthew 15:1-28
SEEDS OF DESTINY,

WEDNESDAY, 22 JANUARY 2020.

TOPIC: “BEING FOUND WHERE GOD IS FOUND.”

SCRIPTURE : 1 Kings 17:1. "And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the Lord God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word".

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY : Walking with God implies being found where God is found and being absent from where God is absent.

Sometime ago, I went for a meeting in a hotel and then met a man who needed my counsel over an issue. He suggested that two of us should sit at the bar section of the hotel and talk. 

Then I told him that I would not follow him to the bar and sit down with half-naked girls who swim at the swimming pool and also with people drinking alcohol. I cannot be found there; we can talk anywhere but that kind of place is abominable for me.

This is because that is an ungodly environment. And doing that would not portray a godly image of a leader to his members. If the people I lead see me in that kind of place, they would ask, ‘What is pastor doing here?’ I did that because I am not supposed to be found where God is not found. A dedicated person is only found where God is found and absent from where God is absent.

Beloved, to be a dedicated person is to be found where God can be found and be absent from where God is absent. Elijah told Ahab, ‘…before God whom I stand…’ (1 kings 17:1). This means, walking with God implies being found where God is found and being absent from where God is absent.
Beloved, make up your mind not to be found in a place where God is absent; do not engage in an activity that drives God away from your life.

Do not follow people to an environment where the presence or activity of the devil is perpetrated.
Remember this : "Walking with God implies being found where God is found and being absent from where God is absent".

ASSIGNMENT(S):

1. Disengage yourself from any ungodly association you are in.
2. Make up your mind to be found only where God’s presence is felt and noticed.
3. Do not neglect the assembling of brethren together(Hebrew 10:25).

PRAYER :O LORD, I ask and receive the grace to cultivate and maintain Your Presence. Help me LORD, to be found only where You are found, in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE : "Understanding Dedication".
Daily Reading : Leviticus 15-19

Amazing fact : Smoking reduces your night vision.
QUOTE: "Association with the Almighty at the place of prayer is assimilating His Might and Power". Culled from ‘Principles and Power of Prayer’ by Dr Paul Enenche.

Prophetic declaration : Receive the grace to be dedicated to God in Jesus’ Name.
TODAY IS DAY -12 OF ODM WORLDWIDE

JANUARY 2020, 21-DAYS FASTING PROGRAM.

OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR THE CHAMPIONS

DATE: WEDNESDAY JANUARY 22, 2020

TOPIC: WHEN IT SEEMS NOTHING IS WORKING!
BASIC SCRIPTURE: (JOB 13: 1- 15)

Share with me this encouraging bullet below: Dear Dr Chris, My names are O. I.C. (please my REAL names should be withheld). I became an active Our Daily Manna User this year 2019; although I have been using ODM years before but I must confess not actively.

I took part in this year’s January 21- day and the 14-day July fasting program; although it seemed like nothing was working as I had believed God for employment since 2018 when I lost the one I had.

By His grace, through the sponsorship of my parents a month after, I went to further my education to get a Masters degree but survival even with the help of my sponsors wasn’t easy.
I kept hope alive and kept on applying to several job outlets while I studied, but to no avail; not until days before your birthday, precisely on the 13th of November 2019 when Jehovah OVERDO showed Himself strong in my situation and I got a Job.

He who brought this to pass will surely perfect all that concerns me. I am testifying in fulfilment of the promise I made months before now. Please help me to give thanks and glory to God for my 11th hour Miracle. Happy birthday in arrears Sir!” The Holy Ghost wants you to take note of the following words in this testimony: although it seemed like nothing was working.”

Yes, after her 21- day, 14-day and other prayers, it seemed like nothing was working. And that is the story of many souls! When it seems like NOTHING is working despite all your prayers and boasting in the LORD, the first thing to do is to remember that GOD HAS A CALENDAR different from YOUR URGENT CALENDAR! Second thing to do is to DETERMINE NEVER TO QUIT TRUSTING this GOD.
Though He slays you, TRUST HIM (See Job 13:15 again)! Job 14: 14b also says: all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change comes.” 

Third thing to do is to WAIT TILL YOUR CHANGE COMES! God’s delays are not God’s denials.
I remember Greg Kincaid: “No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear.” “Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.

Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before” (Jacob A. Riis). The God who called me will PERFECT all that concerns you this year! The ANOINTING on this Commission is strong and the God of this Commission is alive!
You will never end up in shame! Determine to finish this 21-day WORLDWIDE Fasting programme and be at the WORLD ANOINTING NIGHT of January 31st.

I am commanded to ANOINT YOUR FEET AND your HANDS that night! It is your ELEVATION night and it is your ELEVATION year! The God who showed up for this lady WHEN IT SEEMED LIKE NOTHING WAS WORKING, will SHOW UP FOR YOU this year!

When it seems like NOTHING is working, always remember that SOMEBODY (your God) IS WORKING BEHIND THE SCENES! For today’s fasting prayers, see page 57 of the “WAR AGAINST HAMAN-15” booklet now. Ah! This is your year!
PRAYER POINTS: Take any song of worship as led.

1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led.
2. Like Job. I declare that I shall wait till my change comes.
3. I shall sow my ELEVATION seed and give out more copies of this booklet this week.
BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)
PUBLISHER/AUTHOR & EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

GOD BLESSES AND RELEASES
Read: 1 Samuel 16:1-13

1 Samuel 16:1-13 And the Lord said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons.

And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the Lord said, Take an heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the Lord.
And call Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will shew thee what thou shalt do: and thou shalt anoint unto me him whom I name unto thee.

And Samuel did that which the Lord spake, and came to Bethlehem. And the elders of the town trembled at his coming, and said, Comest thou peaceably?

And he said, Peaceably: I am come to sacrifice unto the Lord: sanctify yourselves, and come with me to the sacrifice. And he sanctified Jesse and his sons, and called them to the sacrifice.
And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the Lord's anointed is before him.

But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.
Then Jesse called Abinadab, and made him pass before Samuel. And he said, Neither hath the Lord chosen this.

Then Jesse made Shammah to pass by. And he said, Neither hath the Lord chosen this.
Again, Jesse made seven of his sons to pass before Samuel. And Samuel said unto Jesse, The Lord hath not chosen these.

And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither.
And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the Lord said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he.

Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.

MEMORISE:

Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel arose and went to Ramah (1 Samuel 16:13)

EXPOSITION

In today's passage, we read how David was chosen and anointed by God. It was after this, he battled with the enemy and killed Goliath, while letting the whole nation know how he felt about the power of God. David understood the character of God, and reflected that in his own life. Paul spoke about this in Pisidian Antioch when he unfolded the history of Israel and said that God saw David as a man after His own heart (Acts 13:22). Please read Psalms 25.

However, David was not perfect; he made some bad choices with devastating consequences, and yet, God bless him. None of us is perfect either, and yet, God chooses to blessed us, too. David honoured Saul but dishonoured Uriah, Bathsheba's husband. We are complex beings who fluctuate between good and bad days/times/
motives/actions.

As we consider David's life history, take time to reflect on your own life, so far - your past. How does it affect you? Do you let it hold you back?
Let's consider for a moment, something about God's character. 

He is good, compassionate, loving, forgiving, father-like and generous, among many other things. Let's also remind ourselves that we are made in God's image. We can reflect on God's character. Getting to know God's nature that He can heal and transform our own natures is part of releasing the beauty within. He wants to bless us and free us into wholeness.

PRAYER POINTS

1. O Lord, confirm Your divine power in my life, more than ever before, henceforth, in Jesus' name.
2. My God, guide and guard my steps against wrong decisions that can have devastating effects on my life and ministry, in Jesus' name.
3. Pray for the Christ Apostolic Church Men's Association (CACMA), that God should cause the group to be more vibrant for Him, in all respect, in and outside the denomination.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Genesis 45 - 46 & Matthew 22

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM