The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSS Detained Man for 10 weeks for using abandoned Phone of Buhari' Daughter
A Nigerian man was detained for 10 weeks for using a phone line previously used and abandoned by President Buhari’s daughter, Hanan'- Sowore

[Image: 5e12f627272b9.PNG]

Omoyele Sowore has shared a story about a Nigerian man who was allegedly detained for 10 weeks for using a phone line previously used and abandoned by President Buhari’s daughter, Hanan.

According to a friend of the man that arrested, the man named Anthony Chude Okolie reportedly bought the new sim card from a shop without knowing who the previous owner was. He was shocked when DSS allegedly arrived at his friend's home in Asaba to arrest him and detained him for months.

Sowore, convener of the Revolution Now movement, shared the story on his Twitter handle "A Nigerian, Anthony Okolia, was detained for 10 weeks by the DSS for using an MTN phone line previously used and abandoned by President Buhari’s daughter, Hanan!"

And a friend added: "Anthony Chude Okolie... Not Okolia. He is my friend and my primary school class mate. He bought the NEW sim card from a shop o. It was a big shock when the DSS came to Asaba to arrest him at his friend's home. He was detained for several months by the DSS."

[Image: 5e12f627272b9.PNG]
[Image: 5e12f66d07a42.PNG]
[Image: icon_share.png]
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
Quote:
Anthony Okolie: Hanan Buhari’s Sim Card Made DSS Detain Me For 10 Weeks

In this interview with ENIOLA AKINKUOTU, businessman, Anthony Okolie, speaks on his 10-week ordeal in the custody of the Department of State Services after purchasing a Sim card that was once used by Hanan, the daughter of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.)

There are online reports about your ordeal in the custody of the Department of State Services. Can you narrate in detail what happened?

In December 2018, I bought a SIM card, I registered and started using it. I did not buy it from a third party. I bought the SIM pack from the roadside and I was issued a receipt. I registered the SIM and my biometric data was captured.

So why were you arrested?

I am based in Asaba, Delta State. I had a business meeting with somebody and we were supposed to go to Onitsha, Anambra State, together. On getting to the man’s house, I saw some armed men taking him away.

While he was being taken away, the DSS operatives asked him to reveal the identity of the person who called him last. The man told them that I was the person who called him last. Then they arrested me and took me away in their car.

What happened next?

While in the vehicle, I asked them to tell me what offence I had committed, but they did not say anything. They asked me to keep quiet. Then they took me to their office in Asaba. After a while, they said my arrest was ordered by the Presidency and I had to be taken to Abuja for questioning. The next day, they took me to Abuja by road.

What questions did they ask you?

They asked how I got the phone line and I told them the whole truth. It was at that point that they told me that the phone line belonged to Buhari’s daughter, Hanan. They said they would have to verify the information I gave them and that Hanan must corroborate my claim. They said she was the one who reported that her phone line had been hijacked. So, they asked her to come and clarify her allegation.

Did you meet Hanan?

No, I did not. She was contacted many times, but her response was that she was busy with her studies in the United Kingdom. They kept calling her for several weeks, while I remained in their custody. It was when she refused to show up after 10 weeks that the DSS said they had no choice but to release me. I remained there for 10 weeks because she did not clear me.

Were you aware that the line was pre-owned?

I noticed it when I bought the line. I used to receive a lot of phone calls from people who spoke in Hausa language and I kept telling them they were calling a wrong number. On some occasions, I received strange messages in Hausa on WhatsApp. I received family messages, too, but I never used such to impersonate anyone.

Are you saying you never used the telephone line to commit any crime?

No, I didn’t. I am not employed at the moment, but I do little business here and there to make ends meet. I supply building materials when I get the opportunity to do so. I was about to start a fish farm when I was arrested.

Were you allowed access to your relatives and lawyer?

I am not married. My relatives knew about my ordeal. Even they travelled to Abuja to see me, but the DSS did not allow them. Even the lawyers that came were not allowed to see me during the time I was in detention.

Were you tortured?

I wasn’t physically tortured. I was treated with decency and well-fed. However, I went through psychological and emotional trauma. I had never been detained before and the fact that I was being held against my will for not committing any crime affected me.

Did the DSS operatives interrogate you every day during the period you were in their custody?

No, I wasn’t interrogated every day. At some point, they forgot that I was in custody. One day, I asked to see one of their bosses and complained bitterly that I was kept in custody for no just cause. I complained to them that I could not remain in custody perpetually without being charged. It was at that point that they told me to contact a lawyer to take my bail.

Did they fly you to Asaba where you were arrested? Or were you released in Abuja and asked to pay for your transportation?

I was released in Abuja. They didn’t assist me with any form of transportation.

Did the DSS seize the SIM card from you?

No. I am still using it. They initially took it away from me when I was in their custody and then returned it when I was released.

Did they apologise to you after you were released?

No, they didn’t. They just said I should take it in my stride. They made me to sign some documents before leaving their custody. One of the documents stated that I must not take any legal action against them. At that point, I was willing to sign anything because I was desperate to go home.

How much has this ordeal cost you and your family?

I do not know the exact sum right now, but being in detention for 10 weeks cost my family and I a lot of money. My brother and parents had to travel by air from Asaba to Abuja about four times over this matter and they were not allowed to see me. We had to hire lawyers as well and things like this don’t come cheap. They lodged in hotels on several occasions. Also, the fish farm I was setting up had to be put on hold.

Inside the DSS cell, did you meet other people that were unjustly detained?

I heard of many similar stories. I also met Wale Bakare, who was arrested for taking part in the ‘Revolution Now’ protest. I did not witness any form of physical torture, though.

Will you be taking legal action against the DSS?

Yes, I will do that. I am going to hold a family meeting on the matter soon. I shall also meet with my lawyers on the next line of action. Since my ordeal went viral on the Internet, I have not felt safe at all because these people can track me at any time.

https://punchng.com/i-was-detained-for-10-weeks-because-buharis-daughter-didnt-clear-me-okolie/

[Image: 10853304_bichihananandokolie_jpegaad4e03...2229c7502b]
Quote:SIM card: Man sues Buhari’s daughter, DSS, demands N500m

A trader, Anthony Okolie, who was arrested by the Department of State Services and detained for 10 weeks, has sued the DSS for N500m.

Okolie, in a suit filed before the Federal High Court in Asaba, Delta State, by his lawyer, Tope Akinyode, also demanded N500m from Hanan Buhari, the daughter of the President, Major General Muhammadu (retd.), as well as a telecommunications company, MTN.

The suit, with number FHC/ASB/CS/3/2020, is seeking an order to “compel the respondents (DSS, Hanan and MTN) jointly or severally to pay the applicant the sum of N500,000,000 only as general and aggravated damages for the gross and unlawful violation of the applicant’s right to acquire moveable properties, freedom of movement and self dignity.”

The 33-year-old man said in a supporting affidavit that he was arrested on July 19, 2019, in Asaba, Delta State, for using a telephone line that was previously owned by Hanan.

According to him, he remained in custody, bound by handcuffs, till September 22, 2019, as the DSS waited for Hanan, who was schooling in the United Kingdom, to come and clear him but she never did.

Okolie also attached the receipt he was issued after purchasing the SIM card as well as the SIM certificate.

The affidavit read in part, “That on December 8, 2019, at Ogbeogonogo Market, Nebu Road, Asaba, Delta State, I purchased a SIM card with Phone Number, 09035666662, for the sum of N1,000 only and I received a SIM pack with accompanying documents as a result as evidence of purchase receipt.

“That in line with relevant regulations, I approached a kit operator of the 3rd respondent (MTN) named Jeff, who captured my biometric and registered the SIM card in my name and on my behalf.

“That in July, 2019, I visited my business associate at his residence in Asaba and saw him being taken away by officers of the 1st respondent (DSS). During the process, they obtained information from him on who he communicated with last over the phone and my associated announced that it was me.

“That immediately afterwards, officers of the 1st respondent (DSS) arrested me and led me to their vehicle, asking me to keep quiet and drove me to their offices in Asaba, Delta, State.

“That after a while, they disclosed that my arrest was ordered by the Presidency and I had to be taken to Abuja for further interrogation on which basis they drove me to Abuja by road the following day.”

The applicant stated that he explained to the DSS how he bought the SIM card but he was informed that the phone line, which was linked to his SIM card, was once used by Hanan.

“They thereafter labelled me a criminal for using a phone line that previously belonged to the 2nd respondent,” he said.

Okolie alleged that because of the personality involved, his case file was tagged, ‘First Family’ and he was denied access to his lawyers.

The trader claimed that his mother, who was not allowed to see him, developed high blood pressure while he lost a N5m business deal.

He added, “They also disclosed to me that the President wants to see me and my case was boldly earmarked, First Family. Based on the foregoing, officers of the 1st respondent (DSS) maintained that the 2nd respondent (Hanan) must be available to clarify her allegations against me before I was allowed freedom from their facilities.

“That the 2nd respondent (Hanan) was contacted several times by officers of the 1st respondent (DSS) but the 2nd respondent (Hanan) declined making herself available by claiming that she was busy with studies in the United Kingdom.”

Okolie asked the court to declare that his long detention was an abuse of his fundamental human rights.

He asked the court to declare that the actions of the DSS contravened sections 35 and 34 of the 1999 Constitution.

https://punchng.com/sim-card-man-sues-bu...nds-n500m/

[Image: 10881474_screenshot20200114054309_jpeg90...148be2fc93]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Femi Fani-Kayode In Kano For Yusuf Buhari's Wedding Edoman 0 892 08-20-2021, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Edoman
  Katsina man changes his daughter's name from "Buhariyya" to Kausar because Buhari fa Edoman 0 781 07-23-2021, 09:48 PM
  BMO reacts as Bishop Kukah reports Buhari govt to US Congress Edoman 0 820 07-17-2021, 09:45 AM
  SERAP Asks Court To Slash Jumbo Allowances For Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Edoman 0 851 07-11-2021, 03:44 PM
  We’ll rescue 348 abducted students if Buhari can’t do it in seven days – Bamgbose Edoman 0 773 07-10-2021, 12:25 PM
  Biafra, Oduduwa: Nothing can stop Nigeria’s disintegration – Pastor Giwa tells Buhari Edoman 0 807 06-21-2021, 05:33 PM
  Prof. Adeolu Akande whose 19-year-old daughter committed suicide Edoman 0 787 05-15-2021, 07:25 AM
  Insecurity: El-Rufai one of those misleading Buhari – Benue Govt Edoman 2 1,063 05-09-2021, 10:53 AM