The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dickson had plans of joining APC but he was blocked by Sylva - Wike
Dickson had plans of joining APC but he was blocked by Sylva - Wike

[Image: 5e0122ea2e055.jpeg]

Governor Nyesom Wike who has been enmeshed in a heated exchange with Governor Seriake Dickson, has accused the outgoing Bayelsa State Governor of concluding plans of joining the All Progressives Congress (APC). 

Speaking at a press conference in Port Harcourt on Monday December 23, Wike alleged that Dickson had plans of joining the APC to avoid getting prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission after leaving office. 

The Rivers State Governor further disclosed that Dickson's plan was crashed by the minister of state for petroleum Timipre Sylva. 

He said; 

Quote:“Dickson concluded plans to join the APC. Timipre Sylva and Heineken Lokpobiri blocked him. He knew I have strength, he would have consulted me. 
“Dickson colluded with these people so that EFCC will not arrest him when he leaves Government. If you like, carry any level of propaganda, I will protect the interest of Rivers State."

Governor Wike also claimed that his Bayelsa State counterpart plotted to hijack Soku oil wells which the supreme court recently ceded to Bayelsa.

Quote:“In 2002, the NBC altered the boundary in the 11th Edition of the Administrative Map of Nigeria. They made a mistake by shifting the boundary from River Santa Barbara to River St Batholomew. At the Supreme Court, the NBC wrote a letter a admitting their error. 
“The Supreme Court made an order for the NBC to correct the error of the 11th Edition in the 12th Edition.”
“We had to sue the NBC to enforce the order of the Supreme Court where they were directed to ensure that the Boundary between Rivers and Bayelsa State is River Santa Barbara.
“How can Dickson invade Rivers State when he cannot defend Bayelsa State?”

Also reacting to Dickson's allegation of deliberately instigating disunity in Ijaw land, the Rivers State Governor said; 

Quote:“The outgoing Bayelsa State Governor is the one trying to cause disharmony by attempting to collect what belongs to the Ijaw in Rivers State.
“How can Dickson invade Rivers State when he cannot defend Bayelsa State? The person talking about invading Rivers State in January 2020 lacks respect for Protocol. If he was well schooled, would he use that phrase that he wants to invade Rivers State?
“You have no respect. A Traditional Ruler who is a First-Class ruler, recognised by Government and you say you are coming to a state as a Governor to see Rivers Ijaw people without observing basic protocol. Protocol demands you call your colleague that you are coming to the State. Even then, the Traditional Ruler failed to communicate with the State Government.
“And I said, if you do this next time, I will withdraw the Recognition. I didn’t say I will dethrone him. I don’t make Chiefs. But I have the power to recognise or take back recognition if you run foul of the law. I have no regrets about it.vAnyone who runs foul of the law, I will withdraw the Recognition and heaven will not fall. I never said that I will dethrone the Amanyanabo of Kalabari.
“I said that I will withdraw the Recognition by the Rivers State Government if he continues to disrespect the office of the Governor and not play according to the rules.”
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
Quote:
Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers'

Bayelsa governor, Seriake Dickson, has warned his counterpart in Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, not to see Bayelsa as an annex of Rivers State.

“Let me put it on record, this is the first time I will formally respond to Wike’s childishness in this formal way. I have always ignored with pain and regret all the previous vituperations and his attempt to belittle and intimidate this state and our leadership.

“His unfriendliness towards this state is not hidden. It’s not just me, it’s about our state and our people, he has done that a couple of times but I decided to stomach it for several reasons,” Mr Dickson said on Saturday while briefing reporters in Yenagoa.

Mr Dickson’s remarks at the briefing is contained in a statement issued on Sunday afternoon by his spokesperson, Fidelis Soriwei.

The governor was reacting to Mr Wike’s outburst against his (Dickson) visit to a traditional leader in Rivers, the Amanyanabo of Kalabari kingdom, Theophilus Princewill.

The visit took place in April, almost eight months ago before Mr Wike came out to speak publicly against it two weeks ago.

Governor Wike had said Mr Dickson’s visit was a breach of protocol since the Bayelsa governor did not notify the “appropriate authorities”. He accused him of trying to destabilise Rivers State.

Mr Dickson said he visited the traditional leader to condole with him and his people over “the killing of Ijaw sons and daughters of the area during Mr Wike’s own gubernatorial election”.

Mr Dickson said he tried to reach Mr Wike but could not, and that his chief of staff and security detail, on his own directive, contacted the security details and a senior aide to the Rivers governor on his planned trip to Rivers.

“I want to make it clear as governor of this state, either me or any other person who will be governor, we don’t need Governor Wike’s permission to visit our traditional rulers and elders in Port Harcourt or any part of Rivers State.

“Since he doesn’t understand courtesy and is not prepared to show courtesy, then that courtesy will not be extended to him. Bayelsa is not an annex of Rivers State that he can intimidate at will,” the governor said.

The statement from the Bayelsa Government House quoted Mr Dickson as saying he would lead other Ijaw leaders “to participate in any activity that might be put in place to celebrate the foremost monarch, the Amanyanabo of Kalabari who would turn 90 in January 2020”.

He accused Mr Wike of having a hand in the defeat of the Peoples Democratic Party in the last governorship election in Bayelsa and also fighting oil wars with neighbouring states like Imo and Akwa Ibom.

He also accused Mr Wike of trying to destabilise Ijaw ethnic group in order to promote “ethnic supremacist political agenda”.

“The Good people of Rivers State should not be preys in the hands of Wike who want to promote disunity and hatred in Ijaw land because he is promoting an ethnic supremacist political agenda in the state.

“And I want that recorded, that Governor Wike is deliberately inciting disunity in Ijaw land because of his ethnic supremacist political agenda which he knows that Bayelsa, particularly Governor Dickson and my agenda will not support. That’s what he’s doing.”

“As we speak, because of the level of social and business interactions, most of our people and leaders live in Port Harcourt, and so I have been very reluctant since he started his unreasonable hostility towards us.

“I have been very reluctant even to respond publicly, out of respect for our historical ties, respect for the good people of Rivers State itself, whom he is misrepresenting, and the other point is yes Wike can attack Bayelsa, because he doesn’t have his indigenous Ikwerre people in Bayelsa State.

“But the Governor of Bayelsa has his indigenous Ijaw people who are major stakeholders in Rivers state. So as a result of these, for the past four to five years, since he started his childish and unguarded drunken behavior, I’ve been very reserved responding.

“But I have had to formally do so and Governor Wike knows that I’m not someone who shies away. I have had to hold myself because the Governor of Bayelsa represents much more than governorship of a state. Out of respect for our people in Rivers state, I’ve always held back, but this time, no, he has gone too far,” Mr Dickson said.

Disputed oil wells – the Soku oil wells – is fueling the rift between the two governors.

An Abuja Federal High Court reportedly declared that the oil wells belong to Rivers, but the Bayelsa government said such did not tenable since, according to them, the Supreme Court struck out a case brought by Rivers before it on the disputed oil wells.

Governor Dickson at the Saturday briefing insisted that the oil wells belong to Bayelsa, saying they are located in Oluasiri, Nembe Local Government Area of the state.

Bayelsa was created from the then Rivers State on October 1, 1996. The two states share a lot in common in terms of culture, tradition, and politics

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/369471-dickson-attacks-wike-says-bayelsa-not-annex-of-rivers.html?fbclid=IwAR12EvDDz6pYaGKVKnksv6JIBr-SNGzjUnygM8ibytlhE5FSez-9CjgyKKg

[Image: 10772076_images131_jpega19bf377e8023c2d1870c236180aa1ce]
Quote:

Wike Rejects PDP Peace Move, Tells Dickson To Leave Party Immediately

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has rejected the offer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) leadership to intervene in the conflict with outgoing Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson over the Soku Oil Wells/fields returned to Rivers State by the Federal High Court.

Governor Wike, in a statement by his Special Assistant on Electronic Media, Simeon Nwakaudu, said that there was no premise for the intervention by the PDP leadership, since the Federal High Court had already determined the issue in question

He said: “I don’t know why they are interceding. They have no power to resolve the issue of Oil Wells. Secondly, the matter has been determined by a court of competent jurisdiction.

“Anybody who is not satisfied should go on Appeal. Are they interceding on behalf of someone who betrayed the party?

“They know that Governor Dickson betrayed and sold out the party. They know that during the 2019 election in Rivers State, what happened in the state. That Dickson worked with my opponent.

Throughout that period, the National Chairman himself knows, that people were calling from all over the country to know the situation. Dickson never called one day.

“This was because of his alignment with the opposition . I can show proof that Dickson had already made up his mind to go over to APC.

“I am not going to sit down with anybody to discuss anything as it relates to Governor Dickson. I have no business with Governor Dickson.”

Governor Wike said that the right thing for Dickson to do is to resign from the PDP, so that PDP leaders in Bayelsa State can rebuild the party.

“In fact, Governor Dickson ought to have resigned from the party by now. So that the leaders of PDP in Bayelsa would rebuild the party.

“The National Leadership of the party should know that the only option left for PDP to be strong in Bayelsa is for Dickson to leave the party,” he said.

The Governor said that the party’s intervention is no longer profitable in view of the incalculable damage done by the Outgoing Bayelsa State Governor.

He said: “Where was the party when Dickson sold out? Why couldn’t they come out to speak out? Governor Dickson, you have killed our party in that State. What is anyone wading in for? I am not going to be party to that and nobody will stop me .

“Nobody fights Rivers State and gets any benefits out of it . I have said it severally. I am not here because of my interest. I am here because of the interest of Rivers State.

“The party would have waded in when they saw fraud. That Dickson was killing the party in Bayelsa State. He has achieved his aim by making sure nobody comes after him as he leaves office in February, 2020.

“Do you know the effect of APC winning Bayelsa State? And they are talking of wading in.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/12/24/gov-wike-rejects-pdp-peace-move-tells-gov-dickson-to-leave-party-immediately/amp/

[Image: 10789982_wike11024x576_jpege41b911babde2...222ebbd905]
I'm incredibly satisfied to discover this site. I have to thank you for ones time because of this brilliant read! http://buybulkaccs.com/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sylva betrayed Niger Delta region over IoC’s relocation comment – Group Edoman 0 500 04-21-2021, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Alleged masterminds of attack on Seriake Dickson’s residence paraded by police Edoman 0 474 12-15-2020, 05:03 PM
  Three suspects paraded over attack on Governor Wike's father's church (photo) Edoman 0 639 12-04-2020, 06:55 AM
  Unknown gunmen attack ex-Bayelsa governor Dickson’s residence; kill policeman Edoman 0 455 11-19-2020, 02:47 PM
  Wike Backtracks, Joins Endsars Protesters Edoman 0 537 10-13-2020, 09:35 PM
  Wike We Dey Come O” — Rivers Youths Defy Wike, Begin #EndSARS Protest (Video) Edoman 0 570 10-13-2020, 01:23 PM
  You have chosen to be a dictator - Genevieve Nnaji knocks Governor Wike for banning # Edoman 0 539 10-13-2020, 12:02 PM
  Wike: We Have Kicked Out Godfatherism In Edo State Edoman 0 585 09-20-2020, 01:06 PM