The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
She had a baby at 12 and was told her life was ruined. This is how she turned out
She had a baby at 12 and was told her life was ruined. This is how she turned out

[Image: 743ecc89e5fc66687eef7c94bdd63cb2]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]She had a baby at 12 and was told her life was ruined. This is how she turned out[/color]

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]RIDGELAND, SC Sharonda Jenkins had a baby when she was 12. She was a sixth-grader at Allendale Elementary School in the little town by the same name, population 3,000. And she was told her life was ruined. “When people became aware of my situation, I was the topic of everyone’s conversation and not in a good way,” she can say today, 20 years later. She was ostracized. She had to leave the elementary school so other students wouldn’t ask questions. Her friends’ parents didn’t want her around to lead their daughters astray. “Everyone had an opinion about me and how my mother should have taken me to get an abortion. It was easy for them to give their advice from the outside looking in when truthfully[/color]

LR

12 hours ago

While this is not a news article, I feel females are held far more accountable than the male in the minds of those that judge. They are often ridiculed and shamed while the male goes unscathed. Also, the baby produced from such a situation should never be made to feel less. No baby including you and me, asked to be born. We all come into this world innocent. If the baby is unloved that will surely make the situation go from bad to worse. I wish this woman and her daughter all the very best of luck. Don't we all deserve that?

ReplyReplies (13)

JJ

11 hours ago

Unfortunately most teen pregnancies don't have this happy ending. 12 is disturbingly young but she is clearly a good person. God Bless her for keeping her child.

ReplyReplies (2)

Tom

10 hours ago

Men who father children they don't support should be offered a vasectomy. If they make another unsupported baby, they should be castrated. 

I write this as a single guy who is not celibate.

ReplyReplies (4)

Steve

11 hours ago

It is a one in a million chance that you will read this but so what CONGRATULATIONS ! NEVER GIVE UP

Cheryl

10 hours ago

Did you guys read the whole article? The boy was a few years older than she...which could / should be considered "rape". So many of you still shame her when she took a terribly tough situation, worked very hard, and got an education to be able to earn a better living and provide. Kudos to her!!

ReplyReplies (7)

ErinG

11 hours ago

Did any of you judgmental jerks actually READ the article? It's NOT glamorizing her situation at all or making it seem easy. It's very clear she had a HARD time of it, but she's come through it all remarkably well and clearly worked very hard to give her children - both of her children - the best life she could. That alone is worth applauding. This isn't 16 and Pregnant. That DOES tend to glamorize and gloss over exactly how hard these young moms have it.

ReplyReplies (2)

Mathlete

12 hours ago

Kudos to her for making the most out of a difficult situation and providing hope to those who may be in similar circumstances, HOWEVER, she is the exception rather than the rule. She is an outlier - not the norm.

ReplyReplies (8)

Marcia

10 hours ago

The sad part in this story is that the girl is blamed for the entire situation and the boy gets off scott free. That needs to change.

ReplyReplies (10)

Daryl

9 hours ago

It's amazing, there are so called grown adults having babies and not being as successful as this child. And yet all people want to do is be negative towards her.

Jean

11 hours ago

How come there are no comments on the male responsible for impregnating her? She couldn't have doe it all by herself? Why no judgement on the criminal who did this to her? Shame on you all

ReplyReplies (13)

Sarah

11 hours ago

Why, oh, why do I click on articles about Florida when I know it will lead to a request for Miami Herald subscription. Dummy me. Go straight to comments

ReplyReplies (2)

a

12 hours ago

12 years old! No matter how much you sugar coat it it's a disaster for the mother and frankly also for the rest of society.

ReplyReplies (7)

Amy

8 hours ago

Good for her. Instead of focusing on who's to blame, she got to work making a living and raising her child. She was lucky to have a supportive mom, too.

a

12 hours ago

It's not an opinion, IT IS A FACT, 12 is too young for a child. The phrase children having children is not a stereotype, it is APT.

ReplyReplies (2)

DisHouseSureGoneCrazy

10 hours ago

That's ONE. We've spent Trillion$ on the failure$. MAKE BETTER CHOICES in life

Brian

11 hours ago

Who's the baby daddy ? Put him in jail NOW...if she knows who he is.

ReplyReplies (6)

impressive

12 hours ago

Chances are, having a baby at the age of 12 will not make your life easier, no matter how hard the Miami Herald tries to convince you otherwise.

ReplyReplies (2)

Elizabeth

12 hours ago

Thanks yahoo and Miami Post for glamorizing raising a child at age 12. Now can you go and report on the thousands of teenage moms who have not been successful and the impact to society when the rest of us have to pay for their one night stand. It would be great to provide real journalism and support it with real stats.

ReplyReplies (16)

SB

9 hours ago

I never understood that "your life is over" nonsense. No, it's not the best way for a child to enter into the world, but the best thing to do if it happens is to craft a new path to success. Kudos to Sharonda for doing just that.

ReplyReplies (1)

Cherbot3000

10 hours ago

Good for you! Proud of you for finishing school and wanting to have something more in your life. You took a bad situation and you survived it.

I

11 hours ago

Her experience is not the norm, but just think of how much more she could have accomplished if she didn't have the responsibility of a child at such a young age!

anonymous

12 hours ago

Why is a 12 year old girl having sex?

ReplyReplies (12)

Constance

11 hours ago

Wow. She's done very well and is an inspiration to those who might give up. Never give up and never let anyone else define you.

Sean

11 hours ago

If SHE could do it, so can ALL the rest. She took RESPONSIBILITY !

ReplyReplies (3)

Shortarm

11 hours ago

While I applaud her achievement her story is a textbook example of what life is like for kids having kids. Reaching for the stars and achieving what she has is not the normal outcome for teen and preteen mothers, she is the exception to the rule, how many have had the same outcome, not many I am sure. Her story would make a very good case for teaching the young the pitfalls of engaging in sex at an early age , or make the case for bringing back chastity belts....

ReplyReplies (1)

LastTrueConservative

9 hours ago

This is like winning the lottery. Movies, tv, news love to pick that 1 case in a million and pretend like anyone can do it. This woman is lucky, she's not a role model.

ReplyReplies (2)

michael

10 hours ago

I sure like a story with a happy ending. Bless you and your family and let's hope the kids father comes through with some late support payments. 

A Dodge Neon? You actually bought a used Neon?

John

10 hours ago

For those haters below, apparently you have no heart! I am very impressed about this story. You didn't quit, raised your daughter, got an education, and a good job as well.What a positive story. Your family should be commended for what they did. And I hope you are proud of you. God bless you and your family,

daughter and husband.

veela

11 hours ago

Stupid yahoo piece of krap. Every dammed article is a miami herald paywall article. I shouldn't have to surf the net on incognito. I'm switching.

Planner

11 hours ago

For those with no boundaries I guess it's easy to say she shouldn't have had sex or a baby or whatever else your dark hearts want to say here but for me, this lady has more love, understanding and faith than all the haters on here will EVER have. She did what was best for her child NOT just her. She didn't ask for help from anyone except her family. Why do you have to drag up such terrible things to say about a lady you know NOTHING about.

ReplyReplies (1)

Copper_Cutie

8 hours ago

With GOD all things are possible! May God continue to Bless you young lady!!

L

11 hours ago

She must have had good help from her mother. Kudos to both of them!!

Yahoo
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 Real-Life Love Stories That Featured in Movies trustangel 1 2,749 12-27-2021, 12:40 PM
Last Post: JoshuaAlison
  BBNaija stars, Gedoni and Khafi welcome their first child, a baby boy Edoman 0 811 08-23-2021, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Tyson Fury becomes dad for sixth time as wife Paris gives birth to a baby girl Edoman 0 759 08-09-2021, 03:39 PM
  Sound Sultan: "I hope we don't loose another life before Paul and Peter Okoye realize Edoman 0 728 07-27-2021, 09:26 PM
  Man shares photo from polyamorous girlfriend's baby shower; says he and girlfriend's Edoman 0 614 07-07-2021, 02:52 PM
  Nigerian woman found love at 47, married at 48 and gave birth to a baby boy(photo) Edoman 0 793 06-29-2021, 11:52 AM
  Tonto Dikeh celebrates her new man on his birthday, calls him "the love of my life" ( Edoman 2 1,019 06-29-2021, 11:05 AM
  Jude Ighalo's wife, Sonia, congratulates him on the birth of his baby from another wo Edoman 2 1,006 06-20-2021, 07:07 AM