The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Thursday 5th December
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

THURSDAY, 5TH DECEMBER.

STAND IN THE GAP

And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not... (Luke 22:31- 32).

In my study of the Word, I’ve read this verse of scripture above many times. On one occasion, I said, “Lord Jesus, why did you have to pray for Simon?

Aren’t you God? Why didn’t you just change him?”

Why didn’t Jesus just prophesy to Simon and say, “Your faith will not fail”? Rather, He said, “I have prayed for you.” That’s because when you pray for someone, you can only do so in hope. So, Jesus prayed in hope for Peter.

This is so instructive. From time to time, the Lord opens our eyes to see some of our brothers and sisters in the Lord that we need to intercede for, to get them over to the place where we believe they ought to be. It’s not an exclusive responsibility of the Pastor. It’s something the Lord expects of you: that ingredient of mindful, deep prayer of intercession for others, not only for the lost but also for the one who’s already in the Lord but may be going astray.

If the Master would pray for Peter, how much more are we required to pray for our brothers and sisters that their faith fail not. Don’t watch them go down or criticise them for their mistakes. Stand in the gap for them.

Also, isn’t it interesting that Jesus didn’t say, “Simon, I have prayed for you that Satan touch you not”? He didn’t pray that Satan wouldn’t attack him. Rather, He prayed that Peter’s faith should prevail. What does this tell us? Satan isn’t a factor; the factor is our faith. It’s not about how bad the situation is; it’s not about how severe the sickness is; it’s not about how terrible the pain is; it’s about your faith being strong enough to prevail. That’s what matters.

So, when you see Christians who are being attacked by the devil in whatever way, whether by sin, sickness or lack, it’s part of your priestly ministry to pray for them that their faith doesn’t fail, irrespective of the situation they’re in.

PRAYER

Precious Father, I thank you for the privilege to stand in the gap for Christians whose faith may be under attack today; their faith prevails, as they’re strengthened with might by your Spirit in their inner man to remain steadfast and immoveable, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Ephesians 3:14-19; Galatians 4:19 NKJV; Ephesians 6:18
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
2 John ; Daniel 5-6

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 18:1-9 ; 2 Chronicles 11-12

#TALKINGSESSION

5TH DECEMBER.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for my new life in Christ Jesus. I’ve passed from death to life; from sin to righteousness; from sickness to health; from poverty to wealth.

I have the life and nature of God in me; I’ve put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. I am in God’s place for my life and I am filled with the fullness of God.

I can never be disadvantaged in this life because the greater One lives in me, and He has given me the inherent dynamic ability to change hopeless situations.

I have the power and wisdom to turn every unfavorable situation around for my good, to the glory of the Father! Every challenging situation that I face is an opportunity for me to demonstrate my faith and manifest the glory of God.

I am fully kitted with the whole armor of God, steadfast, unwavering, firmly rooted, grounded, and unmovable in the face of staggering opposition or contrary circumstances.

I render futile the wiles, tactics, manipulations, and strategies of the devil, with my shield of faith, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY 5TH DECEMBER 2019

THEME: ARE YOU RELIGIOUS OR GODLY?

MEMORISE:

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 2 Timothy 3:5

READ: Matthew 15:1-11

1Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,

2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.

3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;

6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:

11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

being religious is not the same as being godly. It is surprising that people cannot tell the difference between the two these days. A religion is a belief system practiced by a group of people who subscribe to its teachings and set of rules. The Pharisees and scribes of Jesus´ time on earth are a good example of religious people. Although they followed all the laws of Moses, they were blind to the presence of the Messiah living amongst them, even though Moses spoke of Him. In spite of all the great works He did before their very eyes, which should have convinced them beyond any reasonable doubt of His identity, they questioned everything He did and refused to accept Him, You see, the Pharisees obeyed the laws of Moses to the letter but refused to acknowledge the power of salvation through Christ. They also didn’t believe in His message of love and mercy; rather, they believe that no sinner must go unpunished (John 8:1-5). The Pharisees paid a lot of attention to looking holy rather than actually living a holy life.

In contrast to being religious, godliness is synonymous to being Christ-like and living a life of holiness. A fellow is godly when he or she has the nature of God. Godliness is much more that looking holy or acting holy; it is a lifestyle. It unfortunate that in the church today, there are more religious people. Religious people find it easy to castigate others, whereas they do worse things in secret. They can quote many scriptures by heart and know the right Bible passage that fits every situation. While this is good, religious people don’t live according to the scriptures they know and recite, because their hearts are far from God (Matthew 15:8). Such people know all the rules and doctrines of the denomination they belong to but deny the power behind such doctrines. Their major problem is that there is a separation between their outer and inner man. In other words, they have mastered the art of patience. The personality they show to the world is different from who they really are.

Our memory verse admonishes us to move far away from religious people. They are quick to call for the head of any fellow in Christ who falls into sin, rather than disciplining and correcting such person in love. If you find it difficult to show love to people, and yet you preach the gospel, you are practicing religion and not godliness. Godliness, as apposed to religion, will bring you great gain in this world and in the world to come. 1 Timothy 4:8b says:

“For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.”

Apart from getting your heart’s desires on earth through Christ, godliness will also ensure that you partake of life in heaven.

ACTION POINT:

Access yourself on where you fit today; are you religious or godly?

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 78-80

Nahum 3

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 12: DEEPER, DEEPER IN THE LOVE OF JESUS.

1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.

o Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.

3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.

4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.

5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
RESTORATION TODAY

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2019.

TOPIC: *JESUS KNOWS YOU BETTER*

"Jesus saw Nathaniel coming to him and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed in whom is no guile, Nathaniel saith unto him, whence knowest thou me? Jesus answereth and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou was under the fig tree, I saw thee." John 1:47-48.

*MESSAGE*
The circumstance surrounding the the calling of Nathaniel was somewhat striking, since Christ praises his integrity upon their initial encounter and demonstrated his nature of omniscience, by referring to the fact that before Philip called Nathaniel to come to him he saw and knew everything concerning him.

My dear brother and sister, Jesus is all knowledgeable, all powerful and everywhere; He sees you and knows who you are. Whatever you do, Jesus sees and knows, whether good or evil; inside or outside. This was why David asked in Psalms 139:7 "Whither shall I go from thy Spirit? Or whither shall I flee from thy presence?"

There is no hiding with God; the darkest of all nights is broad day light before him. God sees and knows everything concerning you. Do not hide and keep thinking that nobody sees or knows you because Jesus does. Refrain from evil deeds and do that which is right because one day you shall give account of your life. All your works shall be revealed at His presence.

*ACTION POINT*
? Jesus known and sees everything about you.

*SCRIPTURE READING*
Psalm 139:1-12; Ecclesiastes 12:14; Romans 14:12.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Father, help me to know that You are everywhere in Jesus' name.

2. Lord, teach me to fear You both secretly and openly in Jesus' name.

3. Lord, teach me to know that I will give account of my life before You in Jesus' name.

*THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR*
2 Chronicles 35; Daniel 2:24-49; 1 John 5
*SEEDS OF DESTINY* -

2019-12-05

TOPIC: *YOUR ASSIGNMENT AND YOUR SAFETY.*

SCRIPTURE : "And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take away sickness away from the midst of thee". Exodus 23:25.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY : You cannot be on a mission for God, and be messed up in life. God didn’t send you to suffer you; God sent you to safeguard you.

Assignment can be defined as a task or piece of work allocated to someone to perform while safety is the state of being protected from danger.

No doubt, there is a connection between assignment and safety; there is a link between what you do and your preservation in life. For instance, an ambassador of a country enjoys a high level of immunity by virtue of his ambassadorial assignment. In the same manner, carrying out kingdom assignment entitles you to safety or security by the kingdom (Exodus 23:25-28). *You are not permitted to be on assignment for God and suffer in life.*

Please understand that: *God didn’t call you to kill you, God called you to cover you. God didn’t send you to suffer you; God sent you to safeguard you.*
Beloved, you cannot be on a mission for God and be messed up in life. *Your commitment to kingdom assignment guarantees the security of your destiny.*

For as long as Jonah had a prophecy yet to be delivered, he could not be digested as food in the belly of the fish. Instead, the fish vomited and released him to his assignment (Jonah 2:10). Incredible!

Kingdom assignment attracts both kingdom prosperity and kingdom security (Job 36:11).
Today, I decree to you that in this month of December, you shall enjoy Divine security, no witch or wizard shall eat up your destiny, in Jesus’ Name.
REMEMBER THIS : "You cannot be on a mission for God,and be messed up in life. God didn’t send you to suffer you; God sent you to safeguard you."
*ASSIGNMENT (S):*

*1. Peradventure you do not know the nature of your specific assignment(s) for God; ask Him in prayers.*
*2. Be passionately and aggressively out to fulfill kingdom assignment especially in evangelism or soul winning.*

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE : "Too Needed to be Wasted".
PRAYER : Lord, reveal Your mandate for my life to me. I make demands on the grace to vigorously run with it, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

DAILY READING : Hosea 1:1 to 3:5, I John 5:1 to 21, Psalm 124:1 to 8, Proverbs 29:5 to 8
QUOTE:"To work for God is to be secured by God".

Culled from ‘365 Wisdom capsules’ by Dr Paul Enenche.
AMAZING FACT : It takes eight minutes for light to reach the Earth from the Sun.

PROPHETIC WORD/DECLARATION : The grace and diligence to be on duty for God is released on you, in Jesus’ Name.
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY 5TH DECEMBER, 2019

TOPIC: OUTDATED ITEMS!

BASIC SCRIPTURES: (JUDE 3; REVELATION 3:14-22)
A few short years ago, DVDs, cassettes and dozens of other items were so prominent and needed in our daily lives! But no more! Yet, as technology progresses, more and more items are becoming obsolete. It is only a matter of time before there will be no more need for things like hotel room keys and even shopping malls, etc.

Below is a list of more things that will soon be phased out from daily living:

1. Fax machines: Do people still send faxes?
With technology making it now possible to receive, sign and send documents et al through the computer, the fax machine is close to being another obsolete equipment in offices.

2. Car keys: Drivers can now lock and unlock their cars with the push of a button. With modern cars increasingly using key fobs and mini-remotes, car keys will soon be a thing of the past.

3. College textbooks: More and more schools are phasing out hard copies of books and bringing in digital textbooks.

Gone are the days of heavy backpacks and exorbitant textbook fees.

4. Classroom Chalkboards: While on the topic of education, the all-too-famous chalkboards (or blackboards) that were popular for my generation of students are being made obsolete by the whiteboard – but it will not be long before this is replaced by emerging smartboards. Wow!

5. Plastic shopping bags: In an effort to be more environmentally conscious, countries, states and cities across the globe are moving towards the ban of single-use plastic shopping bags, forcing consumers to bring their own reusable bags.

6. Business cards: The business card is speedily on its way out as companies and professionals turn to the digital world to make their information publicly available.

7. Paper maps: When was the last time you unfolded a paper map? Thanks to smartphones and Google maps.

8. Portable music players: It seems as if smartphones are replacing most single-use devices these days, including portable music players. There is no need to carry these gadgets around when you can just listen to your music and podcasts from your phone.

9. Print magazines: While diehards will always argue about the perks of physically reading a book or magazine, the truth is that print media is also on its way out. Many publications have ceased to exist while others are switching to digital subscriptions.

That is why even this publication ODM is now available in Soft Copy format – ODM MOBILE!
But the Holy Ghost wants you to know that as most things of the world are becoming OLD FASHIONED and are being PHASED OUT, the WORD OF GOD and HIS STANDARDS can NEVER BECOME OBSOLETE!
Jude 3 says that you should seek for the FAITH OF OLD – the faith that was once delivered to the saints.

You must determine to pursue the OLD TIME RELIGION! Refuse to become a MODERN CHRISTIAN who dilute the Word of God and lower standards of holiness, etc. The Bible doesn’t change; it changes us. If you disagree with something you read in Scripture, it’s not the Bible that needs to change it’s you. As the world is changing, refuse to change with them!

You must re-examine your opinions and change them in the light of God’s unchanging Word. If we pursue the OLD TIME. RELIGION, we shall see again the OLD TIME GOD AND OLD-TIME- RAW-POWER in action again. ODM is the best Christmas/New Year gift!

PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 1: Higher ground…
1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led now.
2. Repent from being from being LUKEWARM like the LAODICEAN CHURCH (Revelation 3)!
THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: (PHILIPPIANS 1-4)
BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E KWAKPOVWE (CEK)PUBLISHER/AUTHOR AND EDITOR-IN-CHIEF

Song 1: Higher Ground...

1. I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”
Refrain:

Lord, lift me up, and let me stand
By faith on Canaan’s tableland;
A higher plane than I have found,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

2. My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these abound,
My prayer, my aim, is higher ground.

3. I want to live above the world,
Though Satan’s darts at me are hurled;
For faith has caught the joyful sound,
The song of saints on higher ground.

4. I want to scale the utmost height
And catch a gleam of glory bright;
But still I’ll pray till rest I’ve found,
“Lord, lead me on to higher ground.”
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH

THE LIVING WATER {July ~ Dec., 2019}

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Thursday, December 5, 2019

- International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development & World Soil Day

TOPIC: ANGELS OF PROTECTION AND EMPOWERMENT
Read Mark 1:9-13

9. And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.
10. And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
11. And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
12. And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness.
13. And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.

MEMORISE: And He was in the wilderness forty days, tempted by Satan, and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered to Him (Mk. 1:13)

EXPOSITION

The temptation of our Lord Jesus Christ is a common story in the Bible, but the circumstances surrounding His fasting and prayers and the role of angels there, are not often considered. Today, you will be recognised for good by your generation, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ was in the wilderness for fasting, forty days and forty nights. Imagine you alone in a thick jungle for prayer and fasting with no relatives around you to attend to your human needs, but only surrounded by wild animals.

Imagine a vulture hovering over you because of lack of strength, thinking that you will give up and your body becomes its ready prey. Jesus Christ was in the same shoes in the wilderness, alone.

However, the Word of God says, '...and the angels ministered to Him'. What were they doing? They were protecting Him. They were killing the animals that tried to threaten Him. They were hovering over Him day and night, until the forty days and forty nights were complete. May swords of the angels of God destroy any demonic animal surrounding your family and business today, in Jesus' name.

There are satanic wild beasts that have besieged many homes - strange women and men, financial distress and economic recession, joblessness, barrenness, sickness and nightmares sponsored by demonic wild beasts. They are waiting for you to ask God to command your angels to destroy them. The angels surrounding Jesus Christ were protecting and strengthening Him. They can do the same for you, today. Do you believe this? Go ahead and enjoy the angelic protections, henceforth!

PRAYER POINTS

1. Oh my destiny, you are protected by the authority of God in the name of Jesus.
2. I am protected against all demonic wild beasts of life, in Jesus' name.
3. Father, protect our nation from territorial demons and principalities, in the name of Jesus.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Eze. 38:19 - 40:29; 2 Pet. 3:12 - 3:18; 1 Joh. 1:1 - 2:4
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE

Remain blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM