The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maina on life support, medication for 15 years – Family
Maina on life support, medication for 15 years – Family
November 10, 2019

[/url][Image: Maina-2.jpg]

AbdulRasheed Maina

[url=https://thenationonlineng.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Maina-2.jpg]

The family of AbdulRasheed Maina has refuted claims by an online media that he is feigning sickness and receiving presidential treatment in Kuje Correctional Facility where he is being detained.

The family state that Maina has been on life support and medication for the past 15 years.

Sahara Reporters had reported that the ex-chairman of Pension Reforms Task Team, who is facing charges of N2 billion fraud and was brought to court last week on wheelchair, is only feigning illness while receiving presidential treatment in the Kuje Correctional Facility.

But the family, in a quick reaction, said Maina is on life support due to his deteriorated hereditary condition.

A statement signed by Abdullahi Usman for the family said: “Our attention has been drawn to news headline published online by Sahara Reporters insinuating falsehood concerning the health and trial of the former Pensions Funds chief, Abdulrasheed Maina.

“Contrary to the report, we wish to clarify on some allegations made by the news outlet concerning his health situation and the ongoing trial. It is absolutely not true that Maina is receiving any presidential treatment in Kuje prison where he is being detained. He is placed under the usual prison conditions in an uncomfortable cell that is dilapidated.

“It is also a figment of the imagination of those who concocted the lies that Maina is receiving visitors at will. It is in fact a more difficult task than the usual prison processes of visiting detained person, to gain access or be allowed to visit Maina in detention. Several family and friends have made efforts to see him but all to no avail.

“It is indeed embarrassing to the Assistant Comptroller of Kuje prison to have been falsely accused of receiving cash bribes to delay or stop presenting Maina before court with sole intention to hinder justice when the need arises as feigned by the online news medium. How and where would Maina that is not allowed visitors get cash to bribe any official, comes to every right-thinking mind because it is a blatant lie.

“Maina was on life support, medication for over 15 years, you can confirm this from his medical records. Maina had survived on control drugs treatment for many years and his condition got deteriorated due to lack of access to his prescribed medications while in detention, a hereditary health condition also being faced by his son Faisal Abdurrasheed. He also suffers severe back ache due to the ill-condition of his place of detention.

“Recently, Maina spent three days in the prison hospital and is seriously indisposed to stand trial in that condition. The court acted rightly based on medical reports presented to it for which it moved the case further to allow him resuscitate.

“We wish to disabuse the mind of the general public that Maina, who is surviving on support from friends and relatives since he left his position, has any money to the extent of using it to compromise witnesses through bribery. This is also an insult on the presumed witnesses to be presented before the court by his accusers.

“It shows a sense of desperation on their side. In as much as it would not be ideal to accuse his detention of being purposely done to give room to present fake witnesses to the court, it is also wrong to claim that if he is released on bail he would bribe the witnesses. Are they paid by his accusers to stand against him?

“We wish to remind the general public that Maina is only a victim of circumstance. He was in a position where a lot of people thought they could exploit and loot pensions funds which he disallowed. He is today paying the price for protecting the pension funds from looters and extorting funds termites. We therefore call for justice not only be done but be seen to have been done.”
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
Maina’s sister testifies against him in court

[Image: 5df15668c14b8.PNG]

On Wednesday, December 11th, Abdullahi Fatima, younger sister to Abdulrasheed Maina testified against him at the ongoing trial between Maina and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.  

Fatima testified behind a screen where her face was only seen by the judge, Justice Okon Abang, while her voice could be heard through the public address system of the court. In her testimony, Fatima distanced herself from the monies and assets linked to her, saying she was not aware of it and had nothing to do with them.  

She said she was arrested by the EFCC in August 2019 in connection with common input accounts and told the agency that she was unaware of her name being listed on the company’s registration paper.
Quote:She said, “Sometimes in August 2019, I went to the ATM to withdraw some money but unfortunately I could not. So, I went inside the bank to see the manager to complain. The manager told me to hold on, that he would find out the reason.  
“After waiting for an hour, the manager told me that I was under arrest and he took me to an office and asked me to wait for the EFCC official to come and take me to their office in Kaduna.  
"On getting to the EFCC’s office, they told me that there was a transaction in Common Input and I told them I am not aware of the transaction. So, they made me to write a statement.  
“Afterwards, I was given an administrative bail on the same day and that I should proceed to the EFCC office in Abuja the next day.  
“The next day, I went to the Abuja office together with my lawyer. The officials also asked me if I knew any company by the name Common Input to which I say I do not.
So, they presented a CAC incorporation form of the company where the name Fatima Samaila Abdullahi was stated together with my date of birth but the phone number on the form is not my own. Even the name as stated on the form is not my name as my full name is Fatima Abdullahi.”
She also said she was shown another CAC form for Kangolo Digital and Drew Investment and said she does not understand how her name got to the papers including her Bank Verification Number.  

The judge adjourned the matter to December 16 for cross examination and hearing of the bail variation application filed by Maina.
EFCC explains how Maina's son operated accounts used as conduits for illegal funds

[Image: 5df222c21f73f.PNG]

An investigative officer of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mohammed Goje, has narrated how numerous bank accounts were discovered in the name of Faisal Maina, son of the embattled for former Chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team, Abdulrasheed Maina.  

The EFCC is prosecuting Faisal over an allegation of fraud to the tune of N58m. The commission accused him of operating accounts that were used as conduits for illegal transactions.  

Goje while testifying on Wednesday, December 11th said the commission discovered one Alhaji Faisal Abdullahi Farms with the United Bank of Africa which Faisal is a co-signatory to. The EFCC official added that Alhaji Faisal Farms is operated by Abdulrasheed Maina and that investigation revealed that the account was funded with the proceeds of illegality.  

He said, “We came across the following companies: Drew Investment & Construction Company LTD, Cruise City Ltd; Northridge Property Int’l Ltd; Mambilla Resorts. These companies have the defendant (Faisal) as a director.
Quote:“We also discovered that property at Ibrahim Taiwo Road, Kaduna, was acquired in the name of Drew Investment & Construction Ltd. We also discovered that another property at Gombe Road, Biu LGA of Borno State was acquired in the name of Cruise City Ltd.  
“We also discovered that property at No. 3a Sambo Road, Kaduna, was acquired in the name of Faisal A. Abdullahi. A property at Plot 165, Life Camp, Abuja was acquired in the name of Dr Faisal A. Abdullahi. A property at No 16e, Katuru Road, Kaduna, was also acquired in the name of Faisal A. Abdullahi.”
Goje explained why his unit, the Pension Fraud Team, was created as a unit under the EFCC. He said, “During that time, Abdulrasheed Maina was the Chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team established to restructure the pension office. He also became a subject of investigation. It was in the course of the investigation of Abdulrasheed Maina that the name of the defendant (Faisal) featured prominently.
Quote:“During the investigation of Abdulrasheed Maina, who was involved in a complex web of money laundering, which include movement of funds from the police pension account as well as the accounts of the pension office of the Head of Service of the Federation to corporate entities as payment for biometric enrollment; payment of collective allowances and payment of contracts, which were fraudulent.  
“They obliged us with copies of incorporation, Form C02 and other documents, which revealed the directors of the companies and their shareholders. Also, we sent letters of investigation activities to banks and requested for details of accounts and they obliged with these documents.”
The witness said in September 2019, the EFCC received an intelligence report that Abdulrasheed Maina was in the country “but they did not know where he was.
Quote:“So, the EFCC liaised with the DSS to assist us in effecting the arrest of Maina. He was eventually arrested along with the defendant (Faisal) on September 29, 2019.
The DSS handed them over to us on October 2, 2019, along with some items recovered from them, which include cars and personal belongings in suitcases, handbags and Bagco bags.  
“We granted them an opportunity to invite their lawyers because we were directed to record their statements.  
"On October 3, Faisal was interviewed in the presence of his lawyer. His statement was recorded in his own handwriting and signed. Additional statements were recorded about three or four times later. He also filled his declaration of assets forms in the presence of his lawyer."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sarita Aliyu Bello, Workman Microfinance Bank MD Bags 5 Years For N4.7m Scam Edoman 0 732 08-13-2021, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Deeper Life Pastor, Kumuyi warns against calls for Nigeria’s breakup Edoman 0 560 04-26-2021, 10:55 AM
  Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House Edoman 0 674 04-22-2021, 11:24 AM
  Gov Sanwo-Olu Pays Condolence Visit To The Family Of Late Yinka Odumakin Edoman 0 653 04-16-2021, 07:32 AM
  UBA Has Held On To 71-year-old Innocent Anyaka’s Millions Of Naira For 38 Years Edoman 0 646 03-05-2021, 04:17 PM
  Two men sentenced to 3 years in jail over the use of counterfeit notes Edoman 0 465 03-04-2021, 02:18 PM
  Nigerian drug kingpin sentenced to 12 years imprisonment in South Africa N Edoman 0 492 02-26-2021, 08:04 AM
  Family Accuses FCT SARS Of Raping, Killing Daughter, Petitions IG (photo) Edoman 3 1,143 02-25-2021, 05:30 PM