The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our roads are not as bad as they are portrayed - Fashola
Our roads are not as bad as they are portrayed - Fashola

[Image: 5dc3aabf66397.jpg]

Minister of works and housing, Babatunde Fashola has stated that Nigerian roads are not as bad as they are said to be.

The Minister who disclosed this after the federal executive council meeting on Wednesday, also told newsmen that the major challenge encountered in the completion of roads across the country is funding. 

Quote:“The roads are not as bad as they are often portrayed. I know that this is going to be your headline, but the roads are not that bad,” he said.
“When I come here to announce that a particular amount was approved for a contract that doesn’t mean the amount has been paid contrary to what you suggest.
“You are mindful also that minister of finance, different arms of government are escalating the fiscal challenges we face as a nation in trying to fund the budget.
“You are also mindful that the last few budgets in Nigeria for almost 20 years have been deficit budgets and these are terminologies that are realities and I think we should acquaint ourselves with if we are not just to report the news but also educate the public.
“You must also be aware that between awarding a contract and also mobilizing to the site there is a distance. First of all, we have to have an agreement that is the relationship between the ministry of works or any other ministry and the ministry of justice, then there is a role that banks play, they have to give a guarantee.
“Building materials – rocks, laterite, quarry, iron rods have to be ordered, construction companies don’t keep them.
“The process of producing blasting rocks requires approval from the office of ministers of justice and even the office of the NSA to get approval to get dynamite. All of these are the things that go on. So the point that I am making to you is that there is a distance between approval, implementation, actual construction and the result.”

Fashola also revealed that there will be a massive mobilization of contractors for rehabilitation of roads as well as continuation of  road construction projects across the country when the rains are over.

Quote:“So what we experienced in this year is unusual, it’s not a good time to be in the transport system. We also want this season to quickly end so that we can go back to work during the dry weather.”
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
FFK drags Fashola for saying Nigerian roads are not as bad as being portrayed

[Image: 5dc3f6652b54e.PNG]

Femi Fani-Kayode took to his Facebook page this morning to react to the comment credited to the Minister of Work and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, saying that the roads in Nigeria are not as bad as they are being portrayed. 
I was misquoted on state of Nigerian roads - Fashola

[Image: 5dc8dcd1b1c9e.jpg]

The Minister of Housing and Works, Babatunde Fashola has reacted to the backlash that trailed his comment of Nigerian roads not being as bad as it is portrayed to be. 

The former Governor of Lagos state who spoke in Ilara- Mokin, Ifedore local government area of Ondo state while inaugurating some roads financed by Michael Ade-Ojo, chairman of Toyota Nigeria Limited said his comment was taken out of context. 

Quote:“Let me start from the journey by roads to the 36 states, 12 hours everyday, so I know what I saw, and I also said what I wanted to say in that press conference, and thankfully, I must thank your TV Channels, at least, showing the maturity and the professionalism responsibility to play the whole tape, so people can see the context of what I said,” he said.
“I didn’t use the word ‘exaggerated’, I didn’t say that. Please go and listen to what I said, thank you.”

Fashola also reiterated that the federal government will not refund any state that rehabilitates or reconstructs federal roads.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turkey Floods: Roads And Buildings Destroyed.(Pix, Video) Edoman 0 747 08-13-2021, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Edoman
  I didn’t know the roads are so bad, I pity you – Abiodun to Ogun residents Edoman 0 687 07-17-2021, 12:12 PM
  Bad Roads In Ogun State: An Appeal To Governor Dapo Abiodun Edoman 0 651 07-06-2021, 12:55 PM
  #EndSARS-Gov Sanwo-Olu yet to turn in the camcorder Fashola found- Ebun-Olu Edoman 0 411 02-07-2021, 03:53 PM
  Fulani Must Go': Edo Women Protest, Block Major Roads (Photos, Video) Edoman 0 537 02-03-2021, 03:42 PM
  Lagos state govt bans trucks and trailers from plying roads in the during day Edoman 0 382 01-28-2021, 08:45 AM
  FG Refunds ₦78 Billion Spent On Fixing Federal Roads To Rivers State Edoman 0 461 01-14-2021, 08:36 AM
  EndSARS Protesters Hit Osogbo Roads, Storm House Of Assembly Edoman 1 679 12-07-2020, 04:46 PM